Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever given a anime that you dropped a high score?

New
Mar 27, 1:59 PM

Mar 2023
I have seen some people on this site giving a high score (7 to 9) to anime that they themself did drop. If you are one of them can you please explain why?
SpunkertMar 28, 7:27 AM
Mar 27, 2:51 PM

Apr 2018
You didn't specify what you mean by "high score", so I'd say 6 or 7 is generally considered a high score for a dropped anime.

- I can drop something if I recognize something as "well made", but it was not for me, or I got bothered by a minor thing, but that very thing is a dealbreaker for me.

- I get interested in an anime that is very similar, but better, and then lose interest in the other lesser one.

- Another reason is if I kept it on-hold for a while and the story is quite hard to follow if you haven't watched it for a while, and then it gets too hard to get back into.
rho34Mar 27, 2:55 PM
Mar 27, 2:58 PM

Dec 2021
Once, and only once. Osomatsu-san. It's a really good anime. I just don't know if I can make myself watch it at any reasonable pace. So I dropped it, but I still rated it a 9/10.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. πŸ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 27, 9:52 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to rho34
You didn't specify what you mean by "high score", so I'd say 6 or 7 is generally considered a high score for a dropped anime.

- I can drop something if I recognize something as "well made", but it was not for me, or I got bothered by a minor thing, but that very thing is a dealbreaker for me.

- I get interested in an anime that is very similar, but better, and then lose interest in the other lesser one.

- Another reason is if I kept it on-hold for a while and the story is quite hard to follow if you haven't watched it for a while, and then it gets too hard to get back into.
rho34 said:

When i meant high scores, i meant something around 7 to 9.
Mar 27, 9:59 PM

Feb 2020
I never rate dropped anime. I don't see the point of doing so.
Mar 27, 10:04 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to Spunkert
rho34 said:

Spunkert said:

I haven't dropped an anime which I rated above 7, but I think some of the same reasoning could apply.
Mar 27, 10:09 PM

Dec 2022
Never ever. Firstly I never rate dropped anime. If I did then it means it was the worst thing I have ever seen.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 27, 10:11 PM

Nov 2019
Yes, I gave Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku a 10/10, because it offered the best kind of entertainment steeming from something close to unwatchable, since Shingeki no Kyojin SS1.

[
Death March is an isekai series similar to One Punch Man. It focuses around an overpowered mr. nice guy Jesus named Satou who saves women from slavery among other things with the powers of an I.T. guru, and makes them his property.

The events include mr. nice guy raping and pillaging like a viking, except he does the polar opposite because he is nice. Other characters in this series are women. Slave girls 1-7 and a knight. Most of them are very much into mr. nice guy but he himself is a nice guy who doesn't use women. We shan't never know what type of a glopping sound this guy makes.

What about the most common quality trait in anime: character development? Satou is already perfect so naturally, he isn't developed, but our main girls and side chicks all like Satou more at the end than in the beginning = character development. The best part is how much this makes sense, after all, there is no reason to not like the guy.

The art and sounds follow the average production values which have been the standard for anime since 2013. Nothing to complain there. Just name your favorite hair color and there is a girl who has it. Smart choices.

I highly recommend this show because it never tried to be anything, and thus didn't fail at it.
SgtBateManMar 27, 10:15 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 27, 10:46 PM

May 2015
Yes, I gave Shirobako 8/10 and then dropped it in the middle of the 24. (that is the last) episode. Don't ask why.
IshitatesoMar 27, 10:52 PM
Mar 28, 6:15 AM

Apr 2020
I gave detective conan a 7. I don't have the energy and time to get through all the episodes
Mar 28, 6:16 AM

Nov 2023
I never dropped an anime untill now. So no
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Mar 28, 6:23 AM

Oct 2021
Imagine dropping an anime. You MUST watch it till the end!
Mar 28, 6:27 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
No, I'm not stupid like that. There are many idiots who do that though. I've even seen people who write a review for an anime they rated 8/10 and mark it as "Mixed Feelings" lol. Those people are so insecure, they can't fathom the idea of rating a show lower than 6. For them, 6/10 is unwatchable garbage, and anything below that score is uhhh... (logic.exe has crashed, please reboot the system or install a new brain).
Why are they afraid of rating shows lowly? Because it would be like admitting to themselves that the hobby they got hooked on isn't as rose-colored as they believed it to be.
Mar 28, 6:39 AM

Sep 2020
I do not think anyone should rate the anime they dropped, and I never do.
Mar 28, 7:21 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Well 1.) rating a dropped anime automaticaly invalidates your weighted score because it should only count for completed entries. 2.) why would anyone drop an anime that they even like a little? 3.) I'm no quitter so I don't drop anime.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Mar 28, 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
Death Note. It might go to pieces eventually, but that doesn't change how brilliant it was at the start and for quite a long time.
Mar 28, 8:05 AM

Nov 2017
I dropped oshi no ko. Δ± just dont liked the first episode and people say its gets worse after first episode.
Mar 28, 10:59 AM
Dec 2023
While I watched all of season 1 of Made in Abyss and rated it quite highly. I basically dropped the rest of the series, as I couldn't deal with the subject matter with putting the kids through more and more horrific situations. While I appreciate the world building and artistry, I couldn't continue to watch and dropped the series.
Mar 28, 11:22 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
out of the 100 shows i have on my dropped list, i have 3 that i rated a 7:

berserk 97 - it's a somewhat decent adaptation and berserk in general is incredible, but at some point i came to the conclusion that the manga was more than enough for me on this one.

nanbaka - i remember enjoying it, but sometimes you just don't feel the urge to continues some shows and kind of fall of them if you know what i mean, and here i never felt it was so good that i will have to return at some point, so i dropped it.

the promised neverland season 2 - now before you @ me with how bad it is and and why did i rate it so highly, let me just say the first few episodes were actually good, but for some reason i stopped watching for a bit and then i heard from everyone basically, that after where i stopped, it had turned to absolute shit, so considering i didn't really feel the itch to continue regardless, that seemed like a good place to drop it and i rated it highly because i only rate based on what i actually saw, which i think is pretty standard and reasonable.

if you're interested in some additional perspective, other than those 3, i have 26 dropped series that i rated a 6, 41 that were rated a 5, 16 that i rated a 4, 10 that i rated a 3 and about 4 shows that i didn't even complete an episode and decided to not rate.

Mar 28, 11:32 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to OmegaOtaku
Well 1.) rating a dropped anime automaticaly invalidates your weighted score because it should only count for completed entries. 2.) why would anyone drop an anime that they even like a little? 3.) I'm no quitter so I don't drop anime.
OmegaOtaku said:
why would anyone drop an anime that they even like a little?
Because that is exactly the reason. Why would I waste time with an anime I only get little enjoyment out of, instead of watching an anime I actually enjoy much more?
Mar 28, 11:45 AM

Jan 2020
My top score for a dropped series is 6, it's for stuff where I felt "This could have perfectly ended here and I am no longer interested on what happened next.", while 5 is: I... really don't care, it's not for me.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Mar 28, 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah, I originally dropped san-gatsu.
Couldn't stand how much of a whinny bitch Rei was, or more precisely, how the show wants me to think his life is so hard that I must sympathize with him so much.
But eventually I picked it back up, due to how highly praised it is.
Mar 28, 2:16 PM

Oct 2022
I have some anime in dropped that I want to continue watching so they should probably be in on-hold I just don't know when I will get around to watching them again.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 28, 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
Yes I have. Surprisingly, it's quite common for me to drop a series that I actually enjoy, even if it's just to a small extent, rather than one that I find outright bad.

It's not always about the inherent quality of the anime or manga, or even how much I enjoy it while experiencing it. Sometimes, the decision to drop it is more about the purpose or reason behind engaging with it. If I feel there's no longer a compelling reason to continue with it, regardless of my enjoyment or its overall quality, then I'll choose to drop it.
Mar 28, 6:21 PM

Dec 2022
I've stopped scoring dropped anime. As crap as they were, it feels like I'm doing them a great injustice by giving them a low score when I haven't fully engaged with them.

ο½²δΉ‡εˆ€δΉ‡δΉƒε°ΊοΎ‘δΉ‡
㊎ ㊰
☽ Shaded Horizon ☾

Apr 1, 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, anime like Hajime no Ippo I just can't get into, but I don't see reason to shit on them.
Apr 1, 7:34 AM
Jun 2016
My highest is Ousama Ranking which I gave an 8/10. It's a good series, but I was watching it I think seasonally and I lost interest in the episode gaps.
That aside there was also Heike Monogatari which I almost dropped. I gave it a 10/10 after one episode because it was an absolute masterpiece and because despite the genre I found myself enjoying the first episode, but when I went back and tried to watch the full series I ended up bored. I still finished it though.

Apr 1, 7:46 AM

Nov 2023
its either I have too much food on my plate and had to toss some out or I don't like the direction is starting to head
Apr 1, 7:47 AM

Sep 2016
Yes, Dragonball and Dragonball Z. They are enjoyable and I acknowledge their importance, but simply too long to complete for me.
I'm not interested in watching any long-running show other than One Piece.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 1, 7:59 AM

Feb 2019
I gave Detective Conan a 9, added it to favs, and dropped it after 600+ eps because the censorship and artstyle change just became too much for me in the anime so I switched to manga. Like once they dropped the really noticeable black blood stuff I was just mentally kinda out. And I was already annoyed by the fact that they started closing every murder victim's eyes for a while at that point.

The only high scores I gave otherwise were 7s because it is well-made or the story/character writing is great or I acknowledge and feel nothing against the show's legacy so I give it a nice score and decide I don't care enough to finish this. I mean, me not liking or getting bored of a show doesn't mean it's bad. Although sometimes I still drop with very low scores because I despised the show.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels β€” General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

12 by Shizuna »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

35 by -YaoiBoy- »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

38 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

71 by mo_lave »»
10 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

27 by traed »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.