Forum Settings
Forums

What type of discussion do you prefer to participate in on mal?

New
Mar 24, 3:35 PM

Oct 2022
Do you prefer when mal users ask super complex questions that have to do with our reality and the way we understand our universe like "what is the meaning of life?" and "what is free will?" or do you prefer when mal users ask questions like "which anime character has the best boobs?" and "name the top three anime characters you want to get stepped on."
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 24, 4:14 PM

Mar 2021
I'm not always much for the waifu discussions, but I'd rather go there than talking about the meaning of life.

Mar 24, 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
I'd rather pick the first option even if sometimes it might be difficult for me due to language conflict and other stuff, instead of uga buga thighs and booba, cause I prefer to spend some time in thought process and think a little bit before I would create a proper respond with a genuine opinion on something with some arguments which would open the discussion into a discourse in which someone would have an open room to agree, disagree or would like a further explanation which would create a larger exchange of different thoughts process instead of copy-pasting favorite shows/characters.
Mar 24, 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
Not really either if I'm being honest.

My English isn't really that good to get the most out of the big-brained threads to spend free time trying to get something out of a long conversation about a difficult topic. And my waifu knowledge isn't really that good to get the most out of best tits conversations (like who even are all these hundreds of different characters you guys are casually namedropping?). If that's what the majority really come for here I start to wonder if I'm in the wrong place entirely.
Mar 24, 5:13 PM

Nov 2022
I like to engage in conversations I find light and fun so I choose "big booba". I do prefer to read the more serious conversations though.
56709Mar 24, 5:17 PM
♡☆♡☆♡

Mar 24, 5:15 PM

Apr 2023
Such a false dichotomy. I like to ask probing questions about people's sexuality. It's neither high-brow nor low-brow.
Mar 25, 5:45 PM
Apr 2022
i like thought provoking questions like 'will our descendants have bigger chest size', 'are u a virgin. if so, how old are u', and 'year 2099: waifubot or real wife'
Mar 25, 7:46 PM

Jul 2023
I like general discussions that encompass broad topics, as I can almost certainly carve out a niche for myself in the conversation. It is when the subject matter becomes rather defined that I lose interest.
Mar 25, 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
I like pointless questions like if you could teach a parrot 1 phrase to say to burglars when they break into your house...actually nvm.
Mar 26, 4:18 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
I prefer which one waifu has the best booba lolll since people whom i knew as anime fans nowadays rarely start any convo which related anime despite only just small talk about their currrent seasonal anime, meanwhile for serious topic i can easily found it in everytime everywhere to whoever they are instead lolllll

Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
both why not both since its easy post count lol
Mar 26, 10:49 PM

Feb 2020
Kinda the second option. I mean, mostly something simple, like:

"Best anime of the season"
"Best purple haired girl"
"What hobbies do you have?
"Favorite foods"

etc.

SerafosMar 27, 4:41 AM
Mar 26, 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
Any discussion really but I avoid it more knowing so many threads get locked or deleted so I just dont get to actually post much anymore so I am just refreshing the page finding nothing new coming up so im probably not the only one.
Mar 27, 4:10 AM

Aug 2021
^

literally agreed with whatever they said
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 4:38 AM

Jan 2017
Whenever I come here, the forum is kinda dead so whatever that entertains me really.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Mar 27, 5:05 AM

Mar 2023
Real intellectual discussions is about degeneracy. Plebs only like safe debates.
Mar 27, 6:44 PM

Aug 2020
I love the meaningful discussion of which anime is the most overrated of the season. Also, the "when will X leave #1?". Can't forget the "why X score is 9.38?"

Mar 27, 7:10 PM

May 2013
I like the kind I can e press my bold personality with.

Allows me to be hella extra.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 28, 6:08 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
My brain is all wrinkly, so I prefer the first one as opposed to the smooth brain option. Though I can be both smooth and wrinkly at times. Both kind of suck. The wrinkly topics are more so just talking past each other, rather than actually trying to understand where someone is coming from. And with the smooth brain talks, well, you get what you pay for, but then you kind of just move on and forget about it. So, eh.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 28, 8:37 PM

Jan 2010
deep intellectual discussions for me, I mean there are topic in anime I liked to talk about with that level of details that wants me to talk about it on a anime forum.
Mar 28, 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Whatever discussion I can interject my favorite details about myself into. Of course, some of these may include more philosophical or in-depth discussions of which my especially intelligent Onii-self can contribute to. However, I prefer one on one conversations between people I befriended more than dying on the inside when I read an especially stupid post or response.

That being said, define "big brained intellectual discussions". I think discussing the artistic merits of Sousou No Frieren requires more effort than "which waifu has the best boobs go brrrr!", but I do not think it is so demanding a topic so as to exclude all but the most media literate and intellectually sophisticated. Media analysis and criticism belongs to everyone just as philosophy does.
Mar 30, 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
I don't care about what kind of discussion... As long as it doesn't start flame wars.
Mar 30, 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
Discussions where I correct people on the usage of 'waifu', whether they're interested or not.
Mar 30, 3:00 PM

Sep 2016
Your examples in my preference order:
  1. "name the top three anime characters you want to get stepped on."
  2. "what is free will?"
  3. "what is the meaning of life?"
  4. "which anime character has the best boobs?"
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 30, 5:25 PM

Jul 2013
Random chit chat. That is all I wanna do, of course. Nothing too complicated.
Mar 31, 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Actually just plain casual discussions with interactions from the opposite sex. Even completely platonic and non-romantic conversations with girls/women can feel comparably much more meaningful to me than any form of "big brained intellectual discussion" with ze guys. Okay, conversing with guys can be inspirational as well, but it's by far not as exiting as doing the same thing with a girl/woman, even when there are no sexual and/or concrete romantic feelings. However, the latter comes with the danger of getting infatuated too easily and too fast for my own good
Most of the stuff is a rehash of what had been already talked about, anyway. So the only motivation would be the rising boredom levels
Mar 31, 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
preferably the ones which don't attract forum regulars who hate each other where they're more likely to take over the thread going back and forth crying over topics they've already disagreed on whilst trying to one-up each other on how cringeworthy they can be
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 31, 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
Sad said:
preferably the ones which don't attract forum regulars who hate each other where they're more likely to take over the thread going back and forth crying over topics they've already disagreed on whilst trying to one-up each other on how cringeworthy they can be
On a short time-frame, those types of popcorn-worthy disputes can be interesting, but I would rather prefer to see more wholesome conversations

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 7 hours ago

13 by monsta666 »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

26 by JaniSIr »»
18 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
29 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.