Forum Settings
Forums

Wishing this anime is better off nonexistent?

New
Mar 23, 8:49 AM

Apr 2022
Which anime do you wish should have never existed? You can give one or a list of them as long as you're sure of it.

Here's a list of the shows I wish never existed...
• sword art online
• seraph of the end
• seven deadly sins
• a certain magical index
• blue exorcist
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
Tanoshii Muumin Ikka Bouken Nikki. Unnecessary "sequel" for sure. Even the director himself stated the same thing.

However, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I know there are people who like that show.

SerafosMar 23, 12:17 PM
Mar 23, 8:58 AM

Mar 2023
The world would have been better without LOTGH, MHA and Frieren.
Mar 23, 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
Kyo Kara Maoh, it would be so much better if this piece of shit didn't exist and my younger self would have fallen in love with some other anime instead where the author isn't a salty bitch.
Mar 23, 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Spunkert
@Spunkert, why Frieren? It is a great series!
Mar 23, 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
I'd rather have no anime adaptation for chainsaw man than the shit we got, the anime should be perfect and cater to true fans.
Mar 23, 9:06 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Memore
@Spunkert, why Frieren? It is a great series!
@Memore I'm just sick and tired of seeing it everywhere.
Mar 23, 10:12 AM

Nov 2017
Classroom of the elite
Most of the characters are just assholes and there are so much cringe things, I just cant stand

Evangelion
It is just a mess but people praise it like the best anime of all time

Uzaki chan
No need to explaination

Bocu no pico
No people would be traumatized bcs of it
Mar 23, 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
Wishing for entertainment to not exist is quite harsh, even the shows I hate don't deserve such a cruel fate, but there is one exception:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10851/Euphoria
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 23, 10:43 AM

Oct 2023
Rinenka said:
Uzaki chan
No need to explaination

Explanation needed. What's wrong with it?
Mar 23, 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
Reply to PlasticRobot
Rinenka said:
Uzaki chan
No need to explaination

Explanation needed. What's wrong with it?
@PlasticRobot
https://youtu.be/5nDWZBqUPbE?si=D4tgvA4GTL9M4P02
Mar 23, 11:42 AM

Oct 2017

• Redo of Healer
  • Boku no Pico series
  • Any scat hentai that exists (literally vomit inducing)
  • That one anime where the dad fucking marries their own child in the end (thats literally just grooming)
  • Berserk 2016
  • Persona 4 the Golden Animation
  • Persona 5 the Animation
  • The Ace Attorney animated adaptation
  • Dragon Ball Super

This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 23, 11:59 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Spunkert
@Spunkert the fact that you included the objective best anime of all time along with fucking MHA and Frieren is somewhat despicable.
Mar 23, 12:01 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to LenRea
@Spunkert the fact that you included the objective best anime of all time along with fucking MHA and Frieren is somewhat despicable.
@LenRea What can i say? Being despicable is a hobby of mine >:)

Mar 23, 12:07 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
i wonder how mentally ill you need to be to wish something that isnt related to you in any way whatsoever, to be erased out of existence

Mar 23, 12:12 PM

May 2021
None tbh. There are no anime that I think truly deserves to be erased from this world. Even the anime I dislike, someone else probably likes it so..

Mar 23, 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
Your favorite anime. Yes, you, the one who reads this comment right now. The world would be a better place without your favorite.
Mar 23, 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
What's wrong with index tho...

OT: no more one piece would be a good start for less brainrot.
Mar 23, 1:01 PM

Jun 2017
Welcome, this is the Outside World, a place where there are Other People with preferences that are not necessarily the same as Yours, so that sometimes they may even enjoy the Things You Don't Like.

Mar 23, 1:04 PM
Feb 2021
@Rinenka i am one of them who think that evangelion is best anime. Well evangelion inspire or because of it a lot of good show got opportunity to exist right now serious one (not shonen).

For me it will be
School days that all
Mar 23, 1:34 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Utashi_10
@Rinenka i am one of them who think that evangelion is best anime. Well evangelion inspire or because of it a lot of good show got opportunity to exist right now serious one (not shonen).

For me it will be
School days that all
@Utashi_10
ı found some ideas in evangelion really unique and cool. It would be my favorite anime if it focused the characters outside the shinji more and if it had a better story. First half is just about fighting different angels every episode. Second half is just copies from Freud.
Mar 23, 1:46 PM

Jan 2021
Imo Rebellion undermined the message of Madoka and was just a cash grab poorly thrown together to capitalize on the success of the series. It had good animation but that's all I can say in praise for it. The series' theme and story was overall hurt by the movie so in that sense yes, Madoka as a franchise would be better off as a stand alone with Rebellion having never been made.
Mar 23, 1:56 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming

• Redo of Healer
  • Boku no Pico series
  • Any scat hentai that exists (literally vomit inducing)
  • That one anime where the dad fucking marries their own child in the end (thats literally just grooming)
  • Berserk 2016
  • Persona 4 the Golden Animation
  • Persona 5 the Animation
  • The Ace Attorney animated adaptation
  • Dragon Ball Super

@LSSJ_Gaming I'm curious, why do you hate Redo of Healer? It has tons of LGBT representation and the author is a furry. Same with Boku no Pico I guess, but I wouldn't mind that one not existing.
Mar 23, 2:43 PM

Jan 2021
its not that deep pal.. seraph of the end really? bludington has anya as a favourite

Migi... Handle the defence.
Mar 23, 2:48 PM

Jan 2021
@Ashok_Kumar wrd how much of a bored stain do you have to be to wish those anime didnt exist. shit doesnt know actual degen anime. just another cattle riding seeker.

Mar 23, 2:48 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wish? I can always make any cartoons non-existent in my mind by ignoring it.

So the answer is none :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 23, 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to LenRea
@LSSJ_Gaming I'm curious, why do you hate Redo of Healer? It has tons of LGBT representation and the author is a furry. Same with Boku no Pico I guess, but I wouldn't mind that one not existing.
@LenRea

Redo of healer is just really icky to me. The way it handles sexual assault was just too much for me and made me physically ill as the show, unlike other shows I have seen that handle the topic, portrayed it as a good thing instead of a bad thing. I have had 2 of my partners who have dealt with sexual assault, so it just felt really personal.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 23, 7:24 PM

Feb 2021
- Gamers
- One Piece
- Demon Slayer

Glad for the people who enjoy them but sucks for me they're too popular I can't get through a day without seeing either or all of them on my social media accounts.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 23, 8:25 PM

Jun 2022
Surprised nobody mentione Shoujo Tsubaki, but that is not my choice.

Mouse is a very questionable series in its existence, so probably that. Green Green is a runner up, but I guess I could see the appeal of it to those looking for, well, you know... Nosebleed stuff.
Mar 23, 9:21 PM

Aug 2016
monogatari series, naussica, gintama, sakura card captor and spy family.
:v
Mar 23, 9:23 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to Spunkert
@Spunkert LoGH? Thats the second best anime after Wataten. Im sure you meant ergo proxy, that thing needs to go.
:v
Mar 23, 9:46 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Tirinchas
Welcome, this is the Outside World, a place where there are Other People with preferences that are not necessarily the same as Yours, so that sometimes they may even enjoy the Things You Don't Like.
@Tirinchas
Welcome, this is the Outside World, a place where there are Other People with preferences that are not necessarily the same as Yours, so that sometimes they may even Don't Like the Things You enjoy.

I know I'm an asshole, sorry, I just find it irresistibly funny how patronizing, weak and hypocritical your argument is.
Mar 23, 10:18 PM

Apr 2010
Sorry, I can't really agree with the basic premise of your question.

I loathe a lot of anime for their corroding influence on the medium and its community, but I can't in good faith say I wish they never existed.
Mar 23, 10:28 PM

Aug 2022
If we are discussing a worldline in which said anime never existed, I'd want to pick something really old and influential, to see the effects it would have. Have all the anime studios moved to the US? Does the general population worship little sisters? Have the fujoshi taken over and made anime 99% yaoi? It would likely remove most of my favorite anime from existence, but I'd be the only one who misses them, so it's ok. Not sure about the specific anime, more research would have to be done.
Mar 23, 11:00 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to iThink
@Tirinchas
Welcome, this is the Outside World, a place where there are Other People with preferences that are not necessarily the same as Yours, so that sometimes they may even Don't Like the Things You enjoy.

I know I'm an asshole, sorry, I just find it irresistibly funny how patronizing, weak and hypocritical your argument is.
iThink said:

Thank you, we're all assholes together. That's why we're here. Proud members of the ADJJPS+ community.

Mar 23, 11:25 PM

Dec 2008
Any goddamn shonen show-One Piece Of Shit, Dragging Your Balls, Nucrapo, Foooey Tail. You name it, the world would be much better off without fucking shonen anime.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to MichaelJackson
@Spunkert LoGH? Thats the second best anime after Wataten. Im sure you meant ergo proxy, that thing needs to go.
@MichaelJackson Ergo Proxy? Oh you mean AOT. Totally agree with you there mate.
SpunkertMar 24, 1:00 AM
Mar 24, 1:52 AM

Nov 2023
I would throw out all the fanservace wirfu bait ecchi since we can reduce the amount of wieldos. Its also one of the reasons I didn't brother to check out anime back then
Mar 24, 2:01 AM
Feb 2024
(Shoujo,josei,shounen ai,reverse harem, Yaoi)

Remotes sexism/objectification in anime
Mar 24, 2:10 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@LenRea

Redo of healer is just really icky to me. The way it handles sexual assault was just too much for me and made me physically ill as the show, unlike other shows I have seen that handle the topic, portrayed it as a good thing instead of a bad thing. I have had 2 of my partners who have dealt with sexual assault, so it just felt really personal.
@LSSJ_Gaming

But your fine when it happens to men right

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu
Mar 24, 2:50 AM

Jan 2021
@Ashok_Kumar I'm asking how bored does a mf have to be to wish some anime didn't exist. It's never that serious. On top of that he listed anime that are average at worse, objectively. Clearly he hasn't seen a lot of anime to be making a list. He's just another guy saying too much for no reason. Forum posts like this will always be stupid. He has anya as a favourite

Mar 24, 4:10 AM

Apr 2020
Musaigen (Because it left me wanting more, and it will likely never come T-T)
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Mar 24, 4:22 AM

Nov 2019
Things that reside rent-free inside people's heads should not cease to exist, rather those who let them.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 24, 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
What is wrong with people these days? Don't like something, dont watch it and just ignore the posts talking about it. Is it so hard? Though i can see arguments for unwanted sequels being reasonable enough to mention.
Mar 24, 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
If a show makes people who watch it happy or the people who made it proud, I'm not gonna say something shouldn't have been made, even if I think it's total shit.
Take care of yourself

Mar 24, 12:48 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Animefan54556
@Animefan54556

No not really. Sexual assault is not ok regardless of gender. Stop putting words into my mouth like that. Yes that was on my list years ago when I was like pre transition and before I had seen how much this sort of thing has messed with people in my life, but that doesn't mean that I haven't grown and changed to admit that it is NOT ok even if it happens to guys.
Mar 24, 6:16 PM

Dec 2008
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@LenRea

@LSSJ_Gaming I gotta agree on that-I found the show just creeped me out in so many different ways-nuff said!
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 24, 9:18 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to zrdb
@LSSJ_Gaming I gotta agree on that-I found the show just creeped me out in so many different ways-nuff said!
@LSSJ_Gaming @zrdb

I feel like people only hate this show because the victim is male
Be interesting to see what would happen if the genders were swapped

Although based on the world we live in and how man are treated
And how we don’t have equal privilege/rights

It not surprising that nobody bat an eye
Animefan54556Mar 25, 2:52 AM
Mar 25, 4:18 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Animefan54556
@LSSJ_Gaming @zrdb

@Animefan54556

Doesn't the guy also rape that princess though? Just cuz he was sexually assualted doesn't mean its ok for him to repeat the cycle of abuse
Mar 25, 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Animefan54556
@LSSJ_Gaming @zrdb

@Animefan54556

Yeah ... no, look how much Banana Fish is loved overall.
Maybe because it's not a cheap excuse for revenge / rape fantasies.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 11 hours ago

26 by TheMechaManiac »»
12 seconds ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by TheMechaManiac »»
1 minute ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 38 minutes ago

6 by TheMechaManiac »»
4 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

22 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

45 by -YaoiBoy- »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.