Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 12:14 PM

Sep 2022
ANOTHER 10/10 EPISODE! I cannot fathom how this episode, and show as a whole for that matter, is able to perfectly blend BL, Mecha, comedy, action, sakuga, and yet still incorporate genuine moments of sentimentality in a way that doesn't feel forced or hamfisted like how it managed to in that cinematic flashback portion in beginning of the episode. The plot is as unpredictable as original as Lulu's Maho Shoujo transformation with Superbia . I cannot believe she did that with her Uncle. Way to go Lulu
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Mar 14, 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
the sex metaphor continues now with lulu and superbia you need bravery to trust others like your friends

but lulu and uncle superbia seems pedo stuff lol

im waiting for the life drive (opposite of death drive) moment since life drive is about sex too like this show says

and they explained the time loop going on its the power of that knuth death drive that fuse with smith and become bravern eh does that mean bravern has time travel powers too?

the power of belief is link with bravery too cool

Mar 14, 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
This anime is so insane that Isami's sniffing Smiths' shirt, Lulu's magical girl transformation, Superbia's training montage and YET ANOTHER time traveler twist all happen in one episode and they feel completely normal.

Mar 14, 2:23 PM

Oct 2022
this show is actually incredible, i have no idea what they're winding up for a finale but superbia has a gattai lever now
fgsfds
Mar 14, 2:41 PM
Feb 2017
Did you see what they just did???

Smith being reincarnated in an ironic but utilitarian way and getting a second chance to put to use the love that pushed him forward through every hardship in life, is as we all know, at it's core the most basic Isekai trick... but! it was put to use brilliantly by creating this paradox that was playing in front of our eyes all along!
First we got the reincarnation and the first time loop that bound Smith to Isami and that saves the day but creates a future sacrifice that Lulu won't accept, So to save Isami and Smith, she travels back and creates a second loop of her own that binds her to Superbia but just like Isami doesn't know that Smith is Bravern, They won't know that she came back to save them and her bravery and decision making is pure as it gets. Maybe it's their greater shared destiny as it was meant to be all along, But this concept of two time loops coming together by different means to create a future where all souls impact and propel each other forward is IMO brilliant because it creates instant karma for the main heroes. It matters.

The show makes everything that happens matter and this is why the jokes could never sabotage it. They make us care by giving each character a journey of their own and using Smith and Lulu's respective reincarnation and time travel to create the growth that every one needs, AND ALSO FOR THE US THE VIEWERS! we started by suspecting just about everything possible about Bravern's intentions, from using humanity to play out his Chuuni fantasy (I admit that I also thought about that) to just being the manifestations of Obari's homoerotic feelings, but by making it so that he was Bravern all along, we where tricked to retroactively accept him and let's be honest, From the moment he was Bravern, He was being real Sussy about it, But who wouldn't be in his place?! Same for Lulu who looked like everything from the underaged un-doing of smith's character to just a big baby that's needs to be carried everywhere, but she was her own person all along. She secretly grew in front of our eyes to become this hero in the most organic way possible, By following smith's courage and combining it with her crazy fearless nature during acrazy war time where no one can really hold her back and anything could happen. It not so much that she was the hero of the story all along as much as they were all the heroes all along, Joined together and driven forward by each other's courage. One brave action created another brave action and Smith saving Lulu at the beach means she will come back to save him.
Holy crap I just realized that It's Madoka Magica with super robots. When you think about it, Madoka trailer made it look like it's a regular magical girl show for a younger audience and then it opened a portal to every hell imaginable. Pretty much the same shtick as the Bravern trailer but in the opposite direction.

Yes the episode felt a bit rushed in the end because so much happened and it's still a wibbly wobbly timey whimy big leap of logic type thing, but the scrip overcomes all the unknowns and the rushed plot by creating instant karma for all the characters. It's like the show having two tones that are always one-upping each other, but they still come together under the greater plot and dynamics of those individual journey's that are now perfectly linked.

And yes Lulu is the the most badass little Ga-Ga-Pi there is!

It's beautiful and I love it.
Asukatard117Mar 14, 2:50 PM
Mar 14, 4:23 PM
Jan 2017
I think they are trying to make it emotional and all but i feel this episode just rubs me the wrong way...
Mar 14, 5:58 PM

Sep 2018
Isami finally saying he's going to become a hero with his heart and soul instead of solely out of obligation is such a great, powerful conclusion to his character arc!! Someone lend me tissues please. (T⌓T)

I love the way this show is written in a way things start to make more and more sense the more they're being unveiled. Lulu being a time-traveler was yet another batshit crazy plot point that somehow still works. This anime has been seamlessly combining existing tropes and parody elements with genuinely clever, impactful and memorable storytelling in a way that is so unapologetically extra I can't help but adore every second of it!
Mar 14, 7:17 PM

Feb 2019
oh the innuendos lol Superbia blushed when Lulu told him that she'll be his first lol hilarious!
Mar 14, 7:26 PM

Dec 2018
such a cool episode, I can't wait for this battle.
Mar 14, 8:47 PM
Sep 2015
Nice follow-up episode with a plenty of love and fanservice. When in doubt, just strip Isami and tied him.
Mar 14, 9:38 PM

Sep 2021
Smooth sailing into a final battle and victory now? I doubt it. This show is far to unpredictable for such a "normal" finale.

As for this episode, I loved it. Awnsered a lot of the questions and Lulu as another time traveler was a very nice twist. Not to mention the comedy didn't fall short. Isami crying over Smith's shirt was so cute!

No matter what comes next, just make sure Lulu, Isami and Smith (preferably in Human form) end up as one big happy family. Ok? I won't forgive the writers if that doesn't happen!
Mar 14, 11:58 PM

Jul 2017
Smith has a time loop...and Lulu has hers...?

Sure, Lulu, like Isami, has been hurt hard by Lewis's death, but this is actually the 2nd time since recovering his scrap from Knuth's time-travel in the past before Bravern landed in Oahu. And Lulu has a mission to save Smith before he turned into Bravern, seeing the past and altering history to like-mindedness, converging together with her Superbia Uncle of the past to avoid the same tragedy happening again. The Allied Task Force has come thus far, and their final battle back in the Hawaiian Islands will not be for naught given Lewis's lauded sacrifice, and now, both Isami and Bravern's fated destiny will die fighting the remainder of the Deathdrives, if Lulu and Superbia don't do anything.

Lulu trying to pilot Superbia once again, it failed once again, though her determination is quite the push this time, not just as a fellow relative. The bond between them..is quite the transformation, aside from the sexual innuendos, and both Bravern and Superbia going ahead to start and finish the battle as heroes.

At the very least, the climax of this, will be one incredible fight.
Mar 15, 1:06 AM

Mar 2007
This show never disappoints! It's been a while since I laughed this much or this hard.
  • First we get this terminator 2 time travel BOMB by Lulu at the start!
  • The widescreen cinematic bars to underscore the movie epic seriousness of that DRAMATIC Lulu Face!
  • Mechanic still thinks "he's hot"
  • Lulu WHIPPING off her sweater to reveal "I love Robots!" then she does that spin dive into the thing, LMAO I just can't ... < slapping my hands on the sofa arm rest as I laugh uncontrollably > I knew the sexual innuendo was going to come soon, and oh boy they did NOT disappoint < snicker > Oh Lulu and Superbia, y'all are awesome.
  • Then the Tom Skerritt (Commander Mike "Viper" Metcalf in Top Gun) sees an almost naked Isami, tied up in Lewis' room saying ... some ... stuff, and nods, he's being extremely understanding as different people process grief in different ways so uh ... "carry on,nothing to see here" until he later offers to help. Damn that is one cool AF CO. I would serve under him, and his straight face. One of the best "straight man" characters in a comedy anime, others take note, THIS is how it's done.
  • Wait, did that bird just LAND on another bird to show it CAN be done, and this must surely be ... Chekov's Seagulls, right??
  • The Ga Ga Pi pokemon speak, that was epic especially when they're speaking Japanese the subtitles changed to Ga Ga Pi. Who thinks up this stuff? It's the most genius comedy since Bocchi, this is next level.
  • That training montage as Lulu just won't quit, it was funny / sad. Loved it.

If I type anymore that will be the entire episode.

This is the most fun I've had watching anime every week, so thank you all involved in the making, and distribution of this Amazing, Different and Fun Anime.
Mar 15, 4:15 AM
Feb 2017
It was there all along in the OP.
Lulu will protect your smiles!

Mar 15, 9:03 AM
May 2018
Every episode of this anime is such a whiplash with its cringe humor. They literally just buried Smith and the next scene is people calling him an idiot when Lulu tries to do what he couldn't. Same with that scene where the guy finds Isami. It goes from Isami being emotional over Smith's death to that guy being "Oh, I see you're doing some perverted shit, I'll leave you alone".
Mar 15, 2:33 PM

Oct 2020
So Lulu was the hero all along!
Mar 16, 9:52 PM
Oct 2018
Some interesting plot twist finally dropped and so is Lulu emerging as the true MC who echoes the title? Let see how it goes.
Mar 17, 4:56 AM
Mar 2018
Probably the best episode this far; certainly my favorite. I didn't expect for Lulu to make such a compelling main character!
Mar 21, 5:20 AM
Sep 2023
Very cool episode, feels a bit rushed still but the story is back to being goofy and also back on track.

Oh but I found it very weird the whole 'uncle' thing... feels odd and unpleasant.
Mar 22, 6:15 PM

Apr 2015
Older Lulu is cool!

Also all that emotion of Isami on Smith dead, poor man.
Mar 25, 3:43 PM

Feb 2012
Lulu: "Uncle, I will be your first time".
The writers aren't pulling any punches when it comes to the piloting=sex analogy.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 28, 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
The gay shit wasn't enough so they went after Lulu now, the lines feel so gross.

Ga ga pi grew up, ga pi looks cute.
Apr 6, 3:49 PM

Jan 2017
I'm sorry, when was Miyu showed to be that good at mechanical engineering that she somehow managed to make a functioning time travel machine??? (Or more like mind-time transfer machine)

It was just that single line in the first episode, and it wasn't even much besides Isami's brief response to shoo away Smith
Apr 22, 1:39 AM
Dec 2018
The innuendos are not limited to one gender.

Also, they did a whole magical girl transformation, but Superbia's form didn't change at all? Kinda disappointing.

More topics from this board

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

12 by nick_el_son »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 28

48 by JizzyHitler »»
Apr 23, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 5 Discussion

deg - Feb 8

35 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 18

74 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 5:26 PM

» PEAK FCKING FICTION

Neo_Randomz - Mar 30

4 by akiraic »»
Apr 21, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.