Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shaman King: Flowers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
Sakutaro Sakurai is a pretty interesting guy imo. He has survival skills and given his background, he seems like someone Hana could rely on if he hopes to survive on that island.

This episode felt quite unique compare to the others from Hana's perspective. Given his personality, Hana is still confident as ever in his own abilities.
Mar 12, 11:28 AM

Oct 2009
Put him in the big freezer before he starts to rot, that'll be perfect for him to cool his head down.
Don't you wish YOUR widow-fiancée was that kind and caring? šŸ¤£

Overall great episode though. Finally something is happening, and there's focus to it.
Mar 13, 4:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's sad for this Sakutaro guy realizing he's already dead :(
Mar 17, 7:05 AM
Jul 2013
Honestly, I have no idea what the hell this chapter was for, nothing happened.
Mar 19, 11:10 AM
Sep 2015
That soldier is hot but I don't think Hana can learn anything from him. I can't figure out how this situation will help Hana grow. The only thing that can justify this episode is that Hana gain this soldier's soul as his own ally. Amidamaru belongs to his father after all so technically speaking Hana has no soul buddy yet.
Mar 19, 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
I'm impressed that they managed to go from a cheesy "you're at war now, dude" moment to a pretty bittersweet moment within the space of one episode. Also, if I understand correctly, the soldiers of this “elite American squad” also died at some point in the past?
Mar 20, 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Hana being sent to the Great Spirit, brought to Death Zero and seeing the pilot Sakutaro Sakurai with his broken Zero plane, he's still living the remnants of the Japanese war. Hana is being sought for help, so even in death, he can't exactly take a rest. But not admitting that he's already dead, Sakurai is in disbelief, though the mention of the Mini Ashura Hell does awaken his senses to something even sinister.

Back in the real world, Hana's body lay a corpse in front of Yohane, Gakko, and now Tao Men. But Alumi is practically Hana's pushover, given his dead stance still lives within the Mini Ashura Hell. And since Sakurai can still fight, facing the dead men of the US Infantry Army of the Mildcats isn't a problem if Hana can integrate his Over Soul, and sure he did.

Sakurai may have fought war and died like Hana, and him wanting Hana to take both his plane and his remains home deep under the ocean, it's a tall order, but nothing that can't be done.
Mar 23, 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, this part of the series got mixed receptions when the manga chapters was released.

Since this part of the series is technically glorifying a Japanese WW2 Warplane pilot while making the US army look as evil as possible, LOL.

Guess everyone's getting "double oversoul" heh....

Or in Hana's case, he needs a temp... cause he can't just rely on the Onis
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 20, 9:17 AM

Feb 2012
Sakurai's the father that stepped up for Hana lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20

19 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30

11 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 23, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19

12 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 20, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2

30 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 19, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26

7 by amlg »»
Apr 10, 8:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.