Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
This was a really sweet episode imo, between Andy and Fuuko. There has been growing chemistry between the two for awhile but felt like it reached its cilmax this time. Fuuko also seems like one of the very few episode he can trust in.

I hope both can keep their promise. Not going to lie, the VA did a great job at capturing their personalities in their moments.
Mar 1, 9:40 AM

Dec 2021
Andy's past is up next, so get ready for some deep existential stuff.

Faced with the overwhelming strength of UMA Autumn, Andy and Fuuko were forced to temporarily retreat. In light of this, Anno Un proposed training to capture Autumn. Locked within Andy's sealed memories lies the key to becoming stronger. Through the claws of Autumn created by Anno Un, Fuuko enters Andy's memories, now manifested in book form. There, she encounters Andy from before they ever met. Following a brutal ambush that left only him and Fuuko alive, Andy uncovers his Negator abilities.

I'm really enjoying the Trigun-style setting, especially with Old Andy. He embodies strong values like empathy, justice, and competence. This episode packs a punch emotionally. When Fuuko breaks down after realizing how much Andy has endured, it's a touching moment can't lie. Andy rarely talks about his own pain, so when Fuuko manages to make him smile, it's incredibly powerful. It's like seeing someone you care about come from a dark place.

April 15, 1865. Washington D.C. What possibly could this date entail for dear old Fuuko?
IzanaSolosMar 1, 4:41 PM

Mar 1, 10:07 AM

Feb 2021
WTFFF THAT WAS SO SUDDEN. AND I EVEN STARTED LIKING THEM. But if Fuuko is just looking through memories now, does that mean that none of this is actually real? I hope I'm right. But they must've died in a similar way in the original past too...
Proving the Unluck power like that is funny lol
Oh, she admitted that she likes Andy!
But now, Fuuko saying stuff like that when disappearing makes me think that this was actually the past. If it's Anno Un's powers, makes sense. Feel bad for past Andy here, but knowing that he meets her in the future makes me happy :)
This was really exciting! Learning Andy's backstory is so cool.
EmbientMar 1, 11:49 AM
Mar 1, 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
fuko loves andy confirmed

also people die when they stop thinking? nah people die when they are forgotten nice philosophy fuko
Mar 1, 12:57 PM
Nov 2022
One of the better episodes.
Mar 1, 2:46 PM
Oct 2021
Fuuko says she loves Andy, best episode in anime so far learn more about Andy. Next episode looks like it's going be a good one as well.
Mar 1, 3:01 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to IzanaSolos
Andy's past is up next, so get ready for some deep existential stuff.

Faced with the overwhelming strength of UMA Autumn, Andy and Fuuko were forced to temporarily retreat. In light of this, Anno Un proposed training to capture Autumn. Locked within Andy's sealed memories lies the key to becoming stronger. Through the claws of Autumn created by Anno Un, Fuuko enters Andy's memories, now manifested in book form. There, she encounters Andy from before they ever met. Following a brutal ambush that left only him and Fuuko alive, Andy uncovers his Negator abilities.

I'm really enjoying the Trigun-style setting, especially with Old Andy. He embodies strong values like empathy, justice, and competence. This episode packs a punch emotionally. When Fuuko breaks down after realizing how much Andy has endured, it's a touching moment can't lie. Andy rarely talks about his own pain, so when Fuuko manages to make him smile, it's incredibly powerful. It's like seeing someone you care about come from a dark place.

April 15, 1865. Washington D.C. What possibly could this date entail for dear old Fuuko?
@IzanaSolos when did it show that anno Un was captured 🤨
Mar 1, 3:06 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
This episode did a great job and Fukko finally admits to herself and Andy that she loves him and tells him not to forget her and she’s off. This was a great episode, I can’t wait for more Andy backstory. Next Friday it is!
Mar 1, 3:34 PM

Feb 2019
Wow great episode.. finally get to see a bit of Andy’s past. Although not the complete story, definitely interesting to see what Andy was up to 150 years ago. The big guy just can’t stop himself from helping people. Even back then he was helping out little kids.

As they say though, no good deed goes unpunished. The saloon lady selling out the gang was messed up. The scene transitioning from an upbeat and celebratory vibe to suddenly all of Andy’s party members being dead on the floor was horrible. I get she wanted to protect the kids, but surely there had to be another way..

Letting her off with just pouring beer over the deceased party members’ graves is pretty light, but I guess it’s the type of punishment they’d have wanted. Not like she was an evil person. Just trapped in bad circumstances.

Fuuko finally admits she loves Andy! Or at least the one she knows in present day. Now tell him to his face when you see him 😂. Touching moment with she and Andy there bonding over their shared loss and grief and realising that no one’s ever really gone. As long as you remember them, they’re alive and well inside of us.

Next stop 15 April 1865, the day after president Lincoln’s assassination. I wonder if Andy had anything to do with it? Should be a fun one
Marinate1016Mar 1, 3:52 PM
Mar 1, 3:36 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

Sad and beautiful

I love them both
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 1, 3:40 PM
May 2023
If I could rate this episode any higher than a 5, I would
Mar 1, 5:33 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to otakuweek
Another great episode

Sad and beautiful

I love them both
@otakuweek

Was a nice heartwarming but sad story.

Next week we get Victhor again so looking forward to that.
Mar 1, 6:06 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Vindicater
@otakuweek

Was a nice heartwarming but sad story.

Next week we get Victhor again so looking forward to that.
@Vindicater if people are not yet watching it, the big fight will help them to give it a try...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 1, 6:40 PM
Aug 2017
I think they only adapt this season to battle against Fall. Summer, Winter and Spring arc could take around 12 episodes. I hope they continue to season 2, the manga is so good
Mar 1, 7:10 PM
Sep 2015
Each episode of Undead Unluck is either very good or very bad (more likely boring than bad, but still...), luckily, this episode falls into the "very good" side.

"Knowing Andy means knowing countless farewells" is such a poetic line that affirm me that, even if Undead Unluck starts out as light novel, it'd be so beautifully written to the point of getting adapted into anime.
Mar 1, 7:31 PM
Mar 2019
Did Andy actually assassinate Lincoln?
Mar 1, 10:03 PM

Jan 2018
So, Fuko entered Andy's memories. But it seems more like time travel to me. I wonder if anything Fuko did will affect the current Andy's memories?

Man, I kinda liked Josh. It's a shame she and the others got killed so quickly. I wouldn't mind if there were a few more episodes with them.

This whole episode flew by quite fast. That's how good it was. The moments between past Andy and Fuko were precious.

I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in the next episode!
Mar 2, 12:32 AM
Apr 2021
“I'm normal 18! No dangerous! Don't touch me, okay!” LMAOOOO Fuuko’s English fucking killed me man her VA did a good job with them words tbh🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fuck man the ending of this episode got me tearing up a lil they’re perfect for each other and Fuuko getting shy at almost being kissed was adorable man she didn’t want her Unluck to cause a meteor to hit him and when they parted ways was sad too I forgot that in the manga tht was the reason why Andy was insistent on meeting Fuuko in episode 1 bc of the memories of her during that time😭🥹

With 3 episodes left im sad that we probably won’t get into the Uma season Arcs other than Autumn☹️
Mar 2, 2:35 AM
May 2021
Nice ep, v sad, & deep.
Mar 2, 2:44 AM

Sep 2013
Lovely episode especially towards the end, i love the synergy between Andy and Fuko
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 2, 4:58 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Is this going to have a season 2 announcement? Because there's jsut no way that it ends in 3 episodes. In fact, UMA Autumn probably won't be defeated by then either.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 2, 4:58 AM
May 2023
I felt when I watch this episode. Perfect title memento mori.
Mar 2, 6:48 AM
Jan 2024
Good episode and interesting
Mar 2, 7:35 AM
Nov 2023
We are finaly getting Undead's backstory!!!

I thought it was gonna be shorter, but I am NOT complaining.
And for those who are, the next one will definitely be a banger.

If nothing else, this episode confirms that JOJO Part 7 is possible:
Mar 2, 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
The vibe of (un)dead serious axe cowboy Andy just hits different. Not surprisied it's this version of him that got Fuko to finally admit her feelings, even if it's not the him she knows.
Mar 2, 9:27 AM
Jul 2023
This episode cemented it. ADD THE ROMANCE TAG, NOW!!!!!
Mar 2, 10:47 AM
Mar 2015
our gril got to see Andy in post 1865 old west before he became Undead Now she is headed to April 15,1865 the day that Lincoln was assassinated since that is the last date that Andy can remember
Mar 2, 11:57 AM
Dec 2020
I love Akira's characterization!
Mar 2, 1:22 PM
Nov 2023
It is really is very intriguing from the author's part to introduce past life of characters (here andy) very uniquely .......and at this point i just think this past story arc will go for a bit long in my guess .....as there are so many things to cover ☠☠!!

And in this moment i was just like thinking what the actual damn would they produce !!
Mar 2, 1:26 PM
May 2023
0451 said:
So, Fuko entered Andy's memories. But it seems more like time travel to me. I wonder if anything Fuko did will affect the current Andy's memories?

Man, I kinda liked Josh. It's a shame she and the others got killed so quickly. I wouldn't mind if there were a few more episodes with them.

This whole episode flew by quite fast. That's how good it was. The moments between past Andy and Fuko were precious.

I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in the next episode!

I mean I think she did affect the future towards the end when she said that they’d meet at the station
Mar 2, 3:20 PM

Feb 2020
The sadness of being immortal... imagine how many people Andy has seen die so far...
Mar 2, 4:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can't believe Fuuko finding Andy past means she need to go back to the past herself. Un sensei artifact surely give such a good twist there.

Andy in the wild west. Longing. That saloon woman, must be the ancestor for the orphanage lady from the spoil arc. Yep, Andy already wicked sick there, just need more Fuuko hot body as a supporting matter, to keep Andy more alive.

Then that's it, Andy revealed it. Fuuko unexpectedly also revealed it. The soul can rest in peace to another travel toward Andy's more past tense. 1865, D.C. Lets go.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 2, 7:43 PM

Dec 2020
Excellent return to form episode, that was great!
Mar 2, 10:24 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, Interesting that Fuko literally went into Andy's memories and I think she saved herself by telling him that in 144 years at the train station they met.
What a pity to have to see your friends die over and over again, what happened in 1865 ? if this is his oldest memory, it has to be an important event for the character.

PS: I think the town we see is the same one that later in time is invaded by the UMA Spoil and the zombies
Mar 3, 1:34 AM

Mar 2019
1. Surprised to learn that Anno Un is male.

2. That was the best episode of Undead Unluck in a while (still enjoying the show every week). That final scene with Fuko and Andy's past self was very strong.
Mar 3, 3:17 AM
Oct 2019
Diving into Andy Memory seems more like a time travel to me, if what she said at the end affecting their future.

Ngl i was so afraid they gonna showing us Fuko flashbacks again when she talked about how her parents die, thank god they didn't do it again LMAO

So April 15 1865, Washington D.C.?
Isn't that the assassination of Abraham Lincoln???
Mar 3, 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Fuko's trip into Andy's past was an interesting one from what we've seen so far. Back then, trying to make Andy smile was a near impossibility. I was also warming up to his crew before they were sadly assassinated when their guard was down. =(

Still, I was happy that Fuko was able to admit that she loves Andy for the first time, which was rather sweet. Not only that, but her talk with him by the lake also had the Andy of this time smile, which he never did so beforehand.

With that, she bid him farewell and now she finds herself in Washington DC in 1865, which was the day after the assassination of president Lincoln. I do look forward to seeing what she'll encounter next.
Mar 3, 6:58 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Meta_Yoshi
Fuko's trip into Andy's past was an interesting one from what we've seen so far. Back then, trying to make Andy smile was a near impossibility. I was also warming up to his crew before they were sadly assassinated when their guard was down. =(

Still, I was happy that Fuko was able to admit that she loves Andy for the first time, which was rather sweet. Not only that, but her talk with him by the lake also had the Andy of this time smile, which he never did so beforehand.

With that, she bid him farewell and now she finds herself in Washington DC in 1865, which was the day after the assassination of president Lincoln. I do look forward to seeing what she'll encounter next.
@Meta_Yoshi She also stands in front of the Ford's theater on the morning Lincoln was pronounced dead. Who wants to bet money it was or has to do with Victor?
Mar 3, 9:20 AM
Sep 2021
Fuuko reveals to the past Andy that she loves him & also what she said during their conversation leads to Andy saving fuuko in episode 1 & fuuko goes deeper into Andy's memories.
Mar 3, 2:13 PM

Sep 2017
Very weird. So we sort of have a time loop paradox here except it's from within his memory only and she wasn't actually there... Honestly I was thinking she wouldn't be able to interact with anyone and just be watching everything unfold. Well 3 episodes left. Let's see how they wrap up this arc.
Mar 4, 11:17 AM
Jan 2012
very good episode! The plot twist when Josh died took me off guard
Mar 4, 1:16 PM
Feb 2021
she finally said it
Mar 5, 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
Decent episode! What's with the date though. Google says date is of Lincoln's death. Wonder how that connects with Andy :D
Mar 5, 1:50 PM

May 2019
I wonder if Fuko's unluck was a lot weaker within Andy's memories because of the fact they are within memories or because her ability in earlier times was simply weaker.

Also, I double checked the date and yeah, April 15th, 1865 is the date of Abraham Lincoln's assassination. It looks like there may be a connection between that and Victor, very interesting.
Mar 5, 1:59 PM

Feb 2024
This anime keeps finding new ways to impress me
Mar 5, 2:11 PM
Jan 2019
Fuko is Dr Hiriluk confirmed
Mar 6, 6:51 AM

Oct 2017
We already knew it was gonna be tragic but still sad to see it. Fuuko finally admits she loves him. I hope we can somehow get Viktor x Juiz and Andy x Fuuko both. Idk how but hopefully.
Mar 6, 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Nice to see a return to Longing. I wonder if the bar owner is related to the teacher zombie?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Mar 6, 4:09 PM
Nov 2023
(Self-note)
The infinite loop between Fuuko and Andy, man...
Mar 6, 8:51 PM
Oct 2021
Andys backstory always goes hard
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

96 by Dolphin10 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

122 by NTJBuriti »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

» Naming convention of adding UN to things

Jucab_N - Apr 23

6 by ReXiRa »»
Apr 24, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

62 by Morpheus1318 »»
Apr 23, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

73 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Apr 22, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.