Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
This is one of those episodes where leaders set by example.

There were no shortage of mind games, battles, and strategies being employeed. Similar to previous seasons, natural terrain had ane effect no the battles. Xin imo, has truly earned his position as he continously led his group. The ending smells kinda eerie...seems something big might be going down soon. Also, hearing the ED theme song again this season, I actually find it very catchy.
Jan 20, 11:58 AM

Sep 2018
Opening and ending are amazing, loved both of them.

Kingdom is back and I'm ready for it.
I keep moving forward
Jan 20, 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
PEAK STRATEGY again.
Wow we gonna have so much peak episodes i'm sure.
Can't wait for a week for another 20 min.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Jan 20, 12:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty cool themes this season, OP especially
Jan 20, 12:17 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The new OP and ED were both as good as I was expecting. Not the very best the series has provided, but not the worst either. The ED especially surprised me with its actual animated segments instead of a bunch of still frames which is what EDs often consist of. Huan Yi's crew having the spotlight in the ED kinda seems like a red flag, like they want us to care about them more before a surprise bad turn of events killing off most of the crew, but I hope that's not how the story ends up playing out. I like them more and more each episode, though I am also more terrified of them each episode, haha. I can't decide which of Huan Yi's group I would be more scared of joining or facing.

I gotta say, it appears as if the enemy army is crushing them tactically, though of course the battle is far from over and Huan Yi definitely has yet to reveal all the cards up his sleeves. Xin in particular is showing his weaknesses as a commander and is currently nowhere near capable enough to be a general. But people learn from their mistakes and grow, so Xin can just think of it as another step to becoming competent enough to becoming a general.

I wish the battle with Xin lasted a little longer, but it was just a diversion in the end, so it didn't make sense for the enemy to keep up the assault.

If each episode is as good as this one was, then this arc might have a chance of reaching the highs that season 3 had, though that's a really high bar to reach.

anime-primeJan 20, 12:35 PM
Jan 20, 2:03 PM

Jul 2022
epic big brain stuff going on, this is as good as i remember
Jan 20, 2:18 PM

May 2018
Xin got outplayed. Wei Ping is saved by his weapon. Deym.
Jan 20, 2:44 PM
Aug 2020
this is what we call war, strategy,blood,no pity

i love that
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 20, 6:19 PM
Feb 2012
Nice to see another forest battle, been a while. Pacing was great. So much happened in the first half of episode that I thought the middle break was going to be the ED. Pleasantly surprised that it was only half over. I hope we see something regarding how Kei Sha and Duke Hyou were similar types of Generals, and how now Shin's "on his own" (has more free reign) in a new conflict with Kei Sha. I'm have no idea as I haven't read the manga, only hoping.

Jan 20, 6:48 PM
Mar 2015
They's sure tricksey ,precious
Jan 20, 6:52 PM
Jan 2024
Wonderful! Full of suspense! The strategy of two cunning generals are at play!
Jan 20, 11:37 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh, it looks like they are screwed but something's gotta give soon.
Jan 21, 3:56 AM
Dec 2018
The soundtrack is beautiful, as a manga follower I'm excited for what's to come
Jan 21, 6:48 AM

Jul 2017
Strong episode again, with a surprisingly really solid opening and even ending too for a series like this. Shin really was outplayed tactically by the end, he's not had the best start to this campaign as a whole. It just shows how much more he has to grow in order to become someone on the level of Kan Ki as a General, since brawn and motivation cannot be the only ingredients to become someone genuinely trustworthy to hold such a high position. Pacing was really good too, not too slow nor too rushed as well.
Jan 21, 1:25 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Like many of their episodes, this was a very suspenseful and tense one. Glad that Xin is okay, even though his squad got outsmarted. Just goes to show that he is just a small fish in an ocean of sharks.

Hope Qiang Le can get the villagers out to safety, though that's probably going to be a challenge.
Jan 21, 5:12 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Kingdom is back finally 😄 the OP & ED were awesome 👏 gave us something totally different this time and I like that. Excited to see Xin in action again and take that huge bounty he promised as he walked away from that table in the first episode. Excited for all the greatness that kingdom is about to bless us with.
Jan 22, 8:50 AM
Apr 2018
Looks like Kan Ki (aka Huan Yi) will be in the spotlight for a few episodes.
🔥🔥
Jan 22, 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Prime 5D chess material, all GMs would be proud.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 24, 6:46 AM
Jul 2014
One amazing factor of many that Kingdom never fails to keep consistent with, is its pacing! Watching eps 1-2 so far this season felt as if I watched 6 of most other anime that are simply too slow. This shows the urgency of war and emphasises how hesitation means death in such a ruthless era. This show is the most underrated show I've watched so far, like with Arslan Senki, Hai To Sensou No Grimgar, and Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo. Absolutely scintillating!
Jan 25, 12:04 AM
Jul 2019
This is not shin's day, Bro fell for an obvious trap and messed up the whole strategy and on top of that Zhao is using underhanded tactics like Kan Ki, Lastly I hope that Kyo Kai can evacuate the villagers before they get caught in the crossfire and hopefully Bi Hei can regroup with one of the squads before he gets killed.
Jan 26, 11:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It seems like a game of strategists, but the pieces on the board are many, and the main hill seems to be where Zhao's army has the advantage!

kekeke
Feb 3, 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
Damn tho think the xin army fucked things up this bady ROFL>

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 6, 9:43 AM

May 2020
Prelude to the showdown between Kan Ki and Kei Sha.
May 21, 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
I've come to the realization that we wouldn't be watching this exciting and thrilling warfare if only one of the armies arrived on that forest even a few hours earlier lol. It just so happened that they both arrived roughly at the same time, it's like they had an agreement off-screen lol
Jun 18, 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
The ED is on par with season 3 ED 2 for me!

Shin needs to up his strategic game and not just depend on his tactician homie.
Aug 17, 10:34 AM
Mar 2019
Take the Central hill, win the War.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

43 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 2, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

39 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 1, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

31 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

47 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

49 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.