Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 20, 5:06 AM

May 2013
The setting reminds me of Alita Battle Angel and the plot reminds me of Blade Runner. The transformations me of Garo Vanishing Line
Jan 20, 6:31 AM
Jun 2022
i love the 2 mcs! nice duo
Jan 20, 8:05 AM
Jul 2022
This is my favorite of the season so far. I like the characters, music, and animation. Some fresh Sci-fi cyberpunk action on the menu. Gives me Bubblegum Crisis and Armitage feels.
Jan 20, 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to DreadfulControl
@Albi-kun Why would have being an 86 fan any relevance in the case of this anime? 86 is a war drama (a pretty mediocre one to be honest) and Metallic Rouge an action sci-fi anime about human-robot relationship. The only common thing between the two that both series have mechs and that's it, all the themes the two shows have are completely different (yeah once mentioned in MR about discrimination but we don't fully know if it will be discussed or play an important role in the story yet.
@DreadfulControl I think it's relevant enough. We basically agree on everything.
Jan 20, 12:59 PM
Dec 2022
hidden gem for sure!
i hope we get some yuri
Jan 20, 6:06 PM

Aug 2020
This series left me confused in the beginning, but now things are making some sense. Looking forward to the next weeks.

Jan 20, 8:36 PM
Dec 2023
Very excited for the direction this show is going after this episode!
Jan 21, 11:15 AM
Jan 2024
liked the first ep
loved this one
i hope the next one will be even better
Jan 21, 1:28 PM
Jan 2024
This is gonna be the best anime of the season I know it.
What an awesome train episode. Feels very Cowboy Bebop.
Jan 21, 1:29 PM
Jan 2024
This is gonna be the best anime of the season, ya'll. Giving Cowboy Bebop vibes.
Jan 22, 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
The Blade Runner incident has got everyone in arms, though I'd love the small nitpicks like Naomi and Rouge playing rock-paper-scissors to see who can get the window seat, and teaching the young'uns Miguel and Emily about the world in large, between the humans, Neans (who are programmed with the Asimov Code) and Usurpers, and their war on Mars. Likewise, Jill the journalist going to Wellstown as much as the two girls, along with the mix of people in the transit bus. As expected, some mercenaries are targeting Rouge, which the mix of people are a bunch of helpers of all kinds alike, from a doctor to Nean

The private group Suns of Ares being hired-to-kill mercenaries for the group who escaped into the woods, only to see an Usurper war machine be activated due to Emily's curiosity. And this Cylinder Head is no mere war machine, as Rouge faces it while everyone runs to safety, trigger many more Cylinder Heads that at first, proves difficult to take down, then Rouge giving her best to defeat the mass.

Rouge has grown up...by sharing her chocolate to the children. There's still a lot to explore about this world, which is quite fascinating.
Jan 22, 3:24 PM
Oct 2023
The interactions between Naomi and Rouge were really wholesome and dynamic.
Jan 22, 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
This felt straight out of trigun with the energy and the way it had a focus on a bunch of one off npcs with lots of personality.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 7:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"I work with bodies."

"So... a masseuse?"

Can't blame her for thinking of THAT occupation first after hearing Kenjirou Tsuda's voice

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 23, 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
Nice episode the animation was fucking TOP TIER in this episode especially with the sparks flying everywhere and shit I like the glowing of the Red Knights green laser or whatever it is shit looks so cold to me🔥🔥

I like the Dynamic between Rouge and Naomi they’re both funny towards each other and Rouge was incredibly cute when she said “WOOF!” to Naomi😭😭

So the story is basically that earth has made it to a point where they’ve colonized mars and met with aliens called Visitors only to be attacked by a group of other aliens called Usurpers, only to fight against them with the help of Neans who we don’t know much about still. The story definitely has me intrigued and interested so im keeping up with this show🤩 (+ Rouge and her outfit is so hot to me that’s another reason why im keeping up with this show😩)
Jan 23, 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
The music during the last fight was awesome and strong. Though I still cannot focus too much while watching this series, sad
Jan 24, 6:52 AM
Sep 2021
Rouge & Naomi continue their journey in Mars to meet their objective, during that they encounter new people, new enemies & explore the previous incidents that happened on Mars.
Jan 24, 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
So far I like the characters dynamics. the music is great, and the animation seems on point.
I appreciate the few explanations given in this episode (even though some we could realize by context, it is nice for these to be explained).

I still need some context on who Rouge and Naomi really are, hopefully we can get more of that in following episodes.

» Escapism.

Jan 26, 6:54 AM

May 2015
This was a much better episode than the first, maybe they should have started with this one, the previous hardly added much anyway.
Jan 26, 8:30 PM

Sep 2021
Well, it was a lot better than the first episode. Which isn't hard. I'm glad it wasn't such a mess anymore. "Reducing" the world to the bus squad was very nice and I could actually follow the plot. It was very pretty too. All in all it reminded me of Trigun Stampede, which I liked a lot.

But there is still one mayor problem. I don't care the slightest bit about Rouge and Naomi. If anything, they are annoying. And if they are supposed to be protagonists to root for, the writers are doing a horrible job here.
Jan 27, 3:08 PM
Dec 2021
this episode was great, nice characterisation, a bit of humor, cool music and animation. But I still have little to no idea on the central plot. Ep 3 needs to make it clearer.
Jan 28, 3:19 PM

Dec 2021
Alright, gotta give props where they're due. That shit was cool. The soundtrack is always a major reason why I'm hooked; it just hits.

Rogue not sharing her chocolate and playing the "I'm just a kid" card to justify it was funny. But then, seeing her bond with the girl later in the episode and kinda "grow up" – that was really sweet. Woof.

Jan 30, 2:13 AM

Sep 2016
Rouge barking at Naomi was pretty cute ngl.
Feb 1, 4:53 PM

Oct 2022
Ugh so now to hear the opener, which is just as annoying and smug as the characters in this anime.
Then as soon as the episode begins, the characters start throwing TERMS around again. "They're called Usurpers" and "have to follow the Asimov Code" and "what happens when the Mercs come back?"
"The Sons of Aries"
And this Naomi chick is unbelievably annoying. She's smug as fuck and always has this confident grin like she knows everything in the world, has no worries or fears, and walks up to people like this investigator dude on the transport and starts acting like a total ass hat. And she NEVER SHUTS UP.
At one point when they break down, she claims there's an abandoned military base from "the war" and there might be spare parts for their vehicle or what ever.
Wait- WHAT?
There's no way this smug chick can possibly have any idea where they are after randomly driving around to escape mercenaries. And even if she led them there- some abandoned place in the middle of facking nowhere isn't going to have spare parts for any random vehicle. Are they gonna wake up one of the SKELETONS and ask for some?
"Oh you need a half axle for this exact model 8 wheeled off-road vehicle? Certainly we've gone one in the back sir"
Then some ridiculous spider looking thing shows up and attacks the mercenaries
("Is that a Cylinder Head?") (When I heard the words, I thought they actually found the part they needed for their vehicle)
Instead of writing a decent story, they've created this huge vocabulary of terms that are already existing words used to describe things in the 'world'. Not very good.
SuperAdventureFeb 1, 5:17 PM
Feb 1, 7:11 PM

Apr 2021
The episode was good, there wasn't much action but it was cool to learn about what happened on Mars, that old lady's voice dubbed in Portuguese is funny xD.
Feb 11, 2:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not as narratively bad as the first episode, but a lot of big elements introduced, like a war with aliens. It's looking like we won.

I think a big issue so far is we really don't know anything about the two main characters. Who are these two, exactly? We know they work together, but why? And for who? What is their relationship? And by that I mean, does Naomi receive the request of what they need to do next, plus reconnaissance, and Rouge executes whatever the plan is? We just know they know each other and travel together, but that's it. It's hard to root for them because of how disconnected we are.

They aren't being very subtle about the themes they're trying to push either. It's obvious the Nean's are treated as second class citizens while all humans are fat cats. They could try being less on the nose about it, because it's becoming eye rolling every time you see it.
Feb 12, 3:09 PM

Feb 2012
The desert environment of Mars gives me Trigun vibes.
Vostok-class? Where Gagarin at. Naomi really loves to drop exposition.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 13, 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
That was better than the first episode.

If the Nean have markings and Rouge only has any markings appear while about to change form then I wonder what she is.

That granny was fun lol.
Feb 17, 7:27 AM

Oct 2018
Kind of contradictory to start with an expo dump after the way the first episode was set up. But I guess explaining about the Usurpers at the beginning doesn't lead to them explain it during the action to stop the flow. Now, the action scene was kinda haphazard. Also, can't really tell which parts were boarded by Muraki and which were by Nakamura. Also, big shame using the inferior version of the ost.
Feb 18, 11:41 AM

Oct 2016
This is so non-serious it hurts, I don't think I can keep going with this one.
Feb 25, 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
Rogue is childish and Naomi is just arrogant, what a combination to have together lmao. Battle went hard though ngl and they left us with questions about the Neans, at least we know some alients exist. Not bad so far for this ep
Feb 29, 2:55 PM
Mar 2023
It is a chapter that contains a good dose of action and is very exciting
Mar 7, 11:28 AM
Jun 2012
A nice roboto animu.
Mar 10, 9:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah Naomi become a tour guide there, and somehow Tsudaken actually involved here, as a doctor. Sick action scene, decent in minimal. Rouge taking care of the mars mercenaries, with plus 30 seconds. Fucking kids messed up the sleeping battle scrap bot on the night, which turned up still functioning, and that's where Rouge reveal her identity do more action crap. Idk if those people will care enough but i am questioning where the hell that one ex-military Nean? Poor man get left behind perhaps xd...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 20, 1:49 PM
Feb 2024
Still didn't do it for me. Action was kinda janky and didn't leave much of an impact on me because I still don't really care about these characters yet. Multiple Deus Ex Machinas. Another series of infodumps.

I'll watch one more maybe.
Mar 28, 11:49 AM
Feb 2021
it was interesting and fun and joyful to see Rouge interact with kids and acting like a child
Apr 6, 11:24 PM
Jun 2022
Duo Is Boring , Only Amusing Part Was That Grandma Driving . 1 More To Go!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

92 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

52 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 22, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

107 by dDeano-45114 »»
Apr 22, 12:09 AM

» Anybody else have no idea what’s happing?

elcurlyfries_8 - Mar 29

20 by unknownprodigy »»
Apr 19, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28

51 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 13, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.