Forum Settings
Forums

WIT Studio Adapts Part 3 of 'Honzuki no Gekokujou' Light Novel

New
Dec 6, 2023 2:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Publishing company TO Books announced on their official X (formely Twitter) an anime adaptation of Miya Kazuki's Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen (Ascendance of a Bookworm: I'll do Anything to Become a Librarian!) light novel's third part on Wednesday. The new anime, subtitled Ryoushu no Youjo, is being produced by WIT Studio.

Honzuki no Gekokujou adapts Miya Kazuki's fantasy slice of life light novel series, which she penned on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from September 2013 to March 2017. TO Books began publishing the novel featuring illustrations by You Shiina (Sakurada Reset) in January 2015. The 32nd volume shipped on May 10, with the 33rd volume scheduled for release on December 9. Honzuki no Gekokujou has a cumulative 10 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Suzuka serialized a manga adaptation of the light novel's first part on the Comic Corona web magazine from October 2015 to July 2018. The second part began in the same magazine in September of that year and has nine volumes in print as of June 1.

Ryou Namino launched the third part in April 2018 and Hikaru Katsuki began drawing the fourth part in December 2020.

The anime series produced by Ajia-Do aired in three seasons in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Spring 2022. A side story original video anime was bundled with the 22nd volume in March 2020. Crunchyroll simulcast the show with subtitles and subsequently began streaming an English dub.

Official site: http://booklove-anime.jp/
Official X: @anime_booklove

Source: Ota☆Suke

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen: Ryoushu no Youjo on MAL
VindstotDec 6, 2023 4:10 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 6, 2023 3:01 PM

Oct 2017
Wit animatimg the new season was a surprise. Gotta get back to watching s3 or might as well rewatch it from the begining.
Dec 6, 2023 3:29 PM

May 2019
I really need to watch the seasons that are out. I've seen a bunch of people praise its world building, which is my favorite aspect of nearly every good fantasy story so I feel like it's right up my alley.
Dec 6, 2023 4:09 PM
Jul 2016
Hell yeah!!!!! Love me some Honzuki
Dec 6, 2023 4:18 PM

May 2015
I don't recall ever witnessing a sequel getting a studio upgrade, usually the opposite happens.
Dec 6, 2023 5:29 PM
Jan 2016
I didn't believe when i see this news in official profile of wit in twitter
Dec 6, 2023 5:58 PM

Sep 2020
Wit studio is making lots of unexpected announcement lately.
ZXEANDec 6, 2023 6:06 PM
Dec 6, 2023 6:06 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
SUCH A BIG SURPRISE! I am hyped for Part 3
Dec 6, 2023 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
This is a surprise, thought they planned to end it with that conclusion in season 3.
Dec 6, 2023 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to DrHizzle
I really need to watch the seasons that are out. I've seen a bunch of people praise its world building, which is my favorite aspect of nearly every good fantasy story so I feel like it's right up my alley.
@DrHizzle I don't know what kind of world-building you're expecting from this show, but I can personally recommend watching the already released content in one go. The plot is quite consistent and looks like one story.
Dec 6, 2023 6:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to MegamiRem
Wit animatimg the new season was a surprise. Gotta get back to watching s3 or might as well rewatch it from the begining.
@MegamiRem This will be the fourth season already?! Wow, I thought they only made a couple and a few OVAs. How quickly time flies... Also, judging by the poster, they are finally going to adapt her more mature life?
Dec 6, 2023 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
I wasn't thinking this show was popular enough to get a continuation. I'm really happy to see this announcement!
Dec 6, 2023 6:31 PM

May 2020
Such positive reception from a studio change.. that's so rare lol.

Though love this series, so glad it saw a continuation, which almost felt non existent after that 10 episode season 3.
Dec 6, 2023 6:44 PM

Jun 2019
I really enjoyed the first season and considered it a solid 7/10. During the course of the second season, I began to become a bit worried about some of the trends of where the storytelling (or I suppose just the story itself) was choosing to go in terms of more focus on Myne's involvement more with the church and magical hierarchy over the papermaking process and business and just her daily life revolving around that, which I found more both simple in a positive way and refreshing. But I still enjoyed it overall almost as much as the first. The third though, apart from maybe a few key scenes and moments, I felt was a noticeable step down and that kind of started to kill my interest in continuing to follow the series any further.

I remember that around the time the third season ended followers of the source material were clamoring for more seasons but many claimed it was unlikely as there still seemed to be a lot of ground to cover and they appeared to be rushing early on. I remember thinking then that "Yeah, it probably won't get a fourth season and continuation, but if it does, I'm not sure I'll continue with it at this point".

So I was honestly leaning toward it not happening, or, if it did, some far in the future revival. But now that it is I'll have to see if my sentiments change at all from between then and the time it actually premieres, and whether I do actually end up watching and continuing with it
WatchTillTandavaDec 6, 2023 6:49 PM
Dec 6, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Softhenic03
Such positive reception from a studio change.. that's so rare lol.

Though love this series, so glad it saw a continuation, which almost felt non existent after that 10 episode season 3.
@Softhenic03 Perhaps because this is the first time that changing studios is an actual upgrade, and not just the opposite :D
Dec 6, 2023 6:45 PM

Apr 2012
@eli_shmeli Eh, thanks for the clarification. After your words, I checked the official website and they are still advertising the third season.
Dec 6, 2023 6:57 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to iwubanime
I wasn't thinking this show was popular enough to get a continuation. I'm really happy to see this announcement!
@iwubanime Now this anime will become more popular.
Dec 6, 2023 7:01 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEES
Fuck the gta trailer. This is the best thing I‘ve seen in Months
Dec 6, 2023 7:34 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to El-Melloi
I don't recall ever witnessing a sequel getting a studio upgrade, usually the opposite happens.
@El-Melloi It happened to Full Metal Panic, it went from Gonzo to KyoAni, but yeah, it is pretty rare to see
Dec 6, 2023 7:36 PM

Aug 2016
Shame on WIT for giving up SnK and Vinland saga, but at least theyre finally adapting something that doesnt suck.
:v
Dec 6, 2023 8:24 PM

Apr 2012
@eli_shmeli This Saturday? Thanks for the insight. I'm an anime only watcher, so I've been waiting for a long time for them to move to a new stage in the story.
Dec 6, 2023 9:39 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to MichaelJackson
Shame on WIT for giving up SnK and Vinland saga, but at least theyre finally adapting something that doesnt suck.
@MichaelJackson what about Spy x Family? That’s good.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 6, 2023 10:08 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@eli_shmeli Eh, thanks for the clarification. After your words, I checked the official website and they are still advertising the third season.
@RobertBobert To add on, yeah, this cover is a technically a major spoiler for the last LN. Part 3, which this adaption will be based on, continues where the anime left off.
Dec 6, 2023 10:19 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Old_School_Akira
@MichaelJackson what about Spy x Family? That’s good.
@Old_School_Akira Ranking of Kings is also good.
Dec 6, 2023 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Chaduos
@RobertBobert To add on, yeah, this cover is a technically a major spoiler for the last LN. Part 3, which this adaption will be based on, continues where the anime left off.
@Chaduos My knowledge of the rest of the story is limited to the fact that we're going to have a classic high school arc.
Dec 6, 2023 10:48 PM

Jul 2015
Ascendance of a Bookworm is easily in my personal Top 3 isekai anime ever. The only issue with first two seasons was mediocre artstyle. Seeing WIT STUDIO taking over adapting it is something I have never dreamed of. We do not deserve to eat THAT good!

Dec 6, 2023 10:50 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@Chaduos My knowledge of the rest of the story is limited to the fact that we're going to have a classic high school arc.
@RobertBobert That's Part 4 and extends to the beginning of Part 5. I also wouldn't describe as classic high school. though.

The world opens up dramatically from P3 and you'll start learning more about

Part 3 is the time prior to that. It's essentially the adjustment period for
Has some great moments.
ChaduosDec 6, 2023 10:57 PM
Dec 6, 2023 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Chaduos
@RobertBobert That's Part 4 and extends to the beginning of Part 5. I also wouldn't describe as classic high school. though.

The world opens up dramatically from P3 and you'll start learning more about

Part 3 is the time prior to that. It's essentially the adjustment period for
Has some great moments.
@Chaduos If it develops the universe and lore of the show through SoL elements and further developing the MC's relatable character, then I'm all for it.
Dec 6, 2023 11:21 PM

Dec 2011
From no more seasons predicted to Wit firetrucking Studio, LETS GOOOOOO
Dec 6, 2023 11:38 PM

Dec 2022
this was totally unexpected and just when i was about to pick the manga thinking there will be no part three this is like a blessing (the manga seems to have shitty translation)
Dec 6, 2023 11:39 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@MegamiRem This will be the fourth season already?! Wow, I thought they only made a couple and a few OVAs. How quickly time flies... Also, judging by the poster, they are finally going to adapt her more mature life?
@RobertBobert Yeah been like 4 years since s1 already.
Dec 7, 2023 12:21 AM
Jul 2023
Season 4!!!! Omg I actually can't wait, just hopefully the seasons don't get shorter again because s1 was 14 episodes and s3 was only 10
Dec 7, 2023 2:08 AM
Jan 2015
I avoided getting my hopes up as hardly anything even gets 3 seasons nowadays outside of a few specific categories. That being said, not only are we getting a 4th season, but we're being blessed by a studio upgrade as well? I am forever grateful to studio Ajia-do for getting this series animated at all, but I've also lamented the fact that the animation has been mediocre at the best of times, and they drop the ball so hard on important scenes that it almost feels out of spite. Their adaptation of the final battle of part 2 (the end of season 3) was downright offensively bad. I am gratefully looking forward to what Wit Studio can hopefully pull off!
Dec 7, 2023 4:40 AM
Sep 2016
Praise Dregahnur, the Goddess of Time, for weaving Kazuki Miya and Wit Studio fate together!!!
Praise Mestionora, the Goddess of Wisdom, for guiding the creation of this masterpiece!!!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Dec 7, 2023 4:44 AM

Jul 2021
A sequel by WIT is a fortunate news to see. I'm not familiar with the source material yet but I'm hoping for a complete adaptation for this series.
YN_ONDec 7, 2023 4:54 AM
Dec 7, 2023 5:25 AM

Jan 2015
Whaaaaat!? a fourth season and by Studio WIT... this is the best birthday present i can recive jaja AWESOME!!!
Dec 7, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to WatchTillTandava
I really enjoyed the first season and considered it a solid 7/10. During the course of the second season, I began to become a bit worried about some of the trends of where the storytelling (or I suppose just the story itself) was choosing to go in terms of more focus on Myne's involvement more with the church and magical hierarchy over the papermaking process and business and just her daily life revolving around that, which I found more both simple in a positive way and refreshing. But I still enjoyed it overall almost as much as the first. The third though, apart from maybe a few key scenes and moments, I felt was a noticeable step down and that kind of started to kill my interest in continuing to follow the series any further.

I remember that around the time the third season ended followers of the source material were clamoring for more seasons but many claimed it was unlikely as there still seemed to be a lot of ground to cover and they appeared to be rushing early on. I remember thinking then that "Yeah, it probably won't get a fourth season and continuation, but if it does, I'm not sure I'll continue with it at this point".

So I was honestly leaning toward it not happening, or, if it did, some far in the future revival. But now that it is I'll have to see if my sentiments change at all from between then and the time it actually premieres, and whether I do actually end up watching and continuing with it
@WatchTillTandava I agree, it was really refreshing to watch the whole paper making process. Myne using her otherworldly knowledge and skills then surprising everyone was satisfying as well. Now, you are going to see more of that but with magic and involving the nobility. The anime ruined the climax moment of season 3 and they just doesn't have enough episodes to show the aftermath which is extremely important for season 4. But, I guarantee you that this is one of the top isekai story of all time. Everything that happened in seasons 1-3 are foreshadowing and build up to the deeper parts of the story that will be shown in the future. If they animate the ending of Part 3 of the LN well, another new season will be highly likely. So, I hope you continue with it.
Dec 7, 2023 9:45 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Okay, I wasn't too surprised at hearing more Honzuki news (though I'm happy don't get me wrong), but holy shit, WIT Studio??? 👀
Dec 9, 2023 8:11 AM
Oct 2023
Nice, it looks like this series got recognition because of how good the story was, hopefully, they'll continue the series until part 5.
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
Reply to YN_ON
A sequel by WIT is a fortunate news to see. I'm not familiar with the source material yet but I'm hoping for a complete adaptation for this series.
@YN_ON you're a real one. I highly recommend reading the LN!
Dec 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Aug 2010
Maybe this will be one of the rare light novel adaptions to get a complete adaption.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 13, 2023 6:18 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to malvarez1
Maybe this will be one of the rare light novel adaptions to get a complete adaption.
@malvarez1 Re Zero and Mushoku Tensei will also get a complete adaptation (most probably).
Dec 13, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2015
WIT studio with low budget animation always reminds me Owari No seraph
Feb 24, 9:05 PM
Nov 2023
Is this season 4???
Feb 27, 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to MaheshShetty
Is this season 4???
@MaheshShetty yes it is. Part .3 of the novel, season 4 of the anime, if you count part 2 of the novel as 2 seasons. Some don't, counting it as a one season in 2 cours.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.