Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2023 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like this episode wanted to build a better relationship between Komari and Sakuna, or at least the very least have the two better understand each other.

Her fight against Odilon is also another highlight. She is much stronger than she looks in the show.
Nov 25, 2023 6:19 AM

Feb 2020
Komari and Sakuna finally became friends. :)

And that bastard definitely got what he deserved.

Poor Vill. She was so jealous of Sakuna.

SerafosNov 25, 2023 6:52 AM
Nov 25, 2023 6:29 AM

Jan 2018
Damn....we got to know Sakuna's past. Komari and Sakuna had a really nice moment there.
Nov 25, 2023 6:30 AM

Feb 2021
Btw the images on the screens in the OP changed since last episode.
12:46 Dapeng (大鵬) is a giant bird that transforms from a Kun (鯤; 鲲; kūn; k'un) giant fish in Chinese mythology.
13:44 She actually said "I won't forgive you until you apologize"
White hair Komari let's goooo!
Take a shot every time he says "Terakomari Gandesblood"
I feel kinda bad for other Inverse Moon servants though. Aren't they in the same position as Sakuna?
Villhaze being jealous is the best part of the episode lol.
EmbientNov 25, 2023 6:34 AM
Nov 25, 2023 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Well one enemy less but another appearing guess we will learn more things next week.
The woman that Karen was thinking of my guess it's Komari's mother i wonder if we hear more about her.
Komari back in her bed after everything was funny tho, and Vii being jealous was even better.
Nov 25, 2023 6:46 AM

Mar 2021
So satisfying to see komari and Sakuna get revenge on the evil bastard that treated Sakuna as nothing more than a tool.
Nov 25, 2023 6:49 AM
Feb 2022
The plot thickens! Looks like Inverse Moon and The Queen both are after world domination. One, I guess, by having the only Core left and one using Terakomari as a living weapon or something. Strangely enough I think The Queen might be the most evil of the two. Using Terakomari as a tool in a way she absolutely do not want and having her suffer along the way where true death is a real possibility isn't much different from what the other side is doing.
Nov 25, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed this episode. Looks like the more blood Komari drink, the more powerful her transformation. In addition to super speed and strength, this time she also has healing and freezing ability.

that's a really creepy way those robed men started stabbing Metal. It's a surprise he still survive, only to be found and executed by Komari. lol

I'm surprised the priest is actually a nice person. And Sakuna's men forgive her. Look like things went well after all.

and Vill is so jealous, she has a rival now. ^^

looking forward to next week! :)

Liddo-kunNov 25, 2023 7:12 AM
Nov 25, 2023 7:10 AM

Jun 2015
That was wild. A single drop of blood. Then needing moar. Such a nice connection. For a shut in vampire its clear she has the power to help!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 25, 2023 7:13 AM
Apr 2022
Yes, so as we see terakomari, yes, from the outside it looks like a vampire who often shuts himself up, but if he drinks blood, a great potential will come out that makes his opponent die instantly. I thought he was weak, but it turns out he's tough.
but on the other hand, Vill feels jealous because Sakuna is there hahaha 😂
Nov 25, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2021
Am I the only one that feels the soundtrack of this anime came out of a Zelda game?
Nov 25, 2023 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
The memories between older sister Memoir and Komari, at the heart of it is Inverse Moon destroying and tearing families apart all in the name to get the Dark Core and destroy the world, it's the same for Sakuna right now, which is a huge thanks that she managed to change her ways. But Odilon appearing to lay waste on Sakuna, which Komari fights back but without her strength. And Sakuna's redemption to use her tools against Odilon, it's not enough. Only by Komari drinking her blood, then she's able to release her Core Implosion.

Once again, Komari is fused by her Core Implosion but with Sakuna's blood, and no enemy is able to trounce her as Inverse Moon only gets better at covering their tracks while Odilon gets the karma he reserved, and Komari will not let him go, therefore deciding the victor of the Crimson Lord's War. Even her father suspected that Sakuna was abiding by Inverse Moon, and him playing the part of the act is to get her to understand the whole deal.

Vill sure is jealous about Sakuna being with Komari, though Sakuna's punishment...is just being friends, for the betterment between the two.

What exactly is Komari's "Mercy of the Lonely Crimson" Core Implosion, and how far will Inverse Moon's plans go just to get her eradicated?
Nov 25, 2023 7:30 AM

Oct 2017
Anime mc hair color changes = power level off the charts. So Komari's power changes based on the blood she sucks. Her mother was the previous queen? Watching Vill being jealous was cute.
Nov 25, 2023 8:00 AM
Jan 2018
Sakuna has had it rough, I know this is fiction but moments like these remind me I should always be grateful for what life has to offer, because while things are sh*y, especially in today’s inflation day and age, there are many beautiful friendships, and family members to cherish as well.
Nov 25, 2023 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode and it's great that Sakuna has join in
RedChromeNov 25, 2023 8:47 AM
Nov 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2019
PEAK episode. We ate good today good lord, thanksgiving feasting continues. Sakuna getting abused by inverse moon and Odilon was so hard to hear about/watch. Glad that PoS got what he deserved in the end.

The sakuga during that dust comet tail attack from Sakuna was awesome. Project No.9 really cooked in this series, sucks they didn’t give Ojou to banken kun this type of love though

Komari’s transformation changing depending on the blood of the person she drinks is interesting. She seemed way more under control in this one compared to when she had it for the first time at the dinner table and killed her family. Emphasising an apology to Sakuna and wanting to make Odilon suffer must’ve been a reflection of Sakuna inner desires.

Hell yes, I love that they didn’t let Odilon get out of there unscathed. Even after Sakuna got him jumped by his own minions and he survived, Komari tapping him on the shoulder to get that apology had my dying 💀 rip bozo

Gotta say that Sakuna still got off pretty light, I mean I guess the queen understood her circumstances and all but everyone was very quick to forgive her. Poor Vill being jealous of someone else being around Komari 😂

Awesome episode
Marinate1016Nov 25, 2023 9:00 AM
Nov 25, 2023 9:11 AM

Dec 2018
so there's more than one dark core huh? cool and fitting ending for whats his face.
Nov 25, 2023 10:10 AM
Jun 2020
I was sure the boss was the priest.
Nov 25, 2023 12:43 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was actually a very good episode.

Yes, there was the constant fanservice with them being naked in the realm of Sukuna's memories and the usual low budget animation in not so relevant scenes. However, we got to empathise with Sakuna's past, witness more of Komari's Rekkaku Liberation, punish the bad guy and have a wholesome moment by the end with a prospect of more things to come. This show is actually more lore heavy than I gave it credit initially and I say it in a good way.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 25, 2023 12:47 PM

Jun 2017
Great ep, poor Vill, must have felt like she got NTR'd lmao.
Nov 25, 2023 12:59 PM

Mar 2015
Komaris core implosion and finally dolphin plushy <3 again at the end.
Thats all I need.
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Apr 2022
this been one of my favourite shows this season so far but that wasn't a great episode, especially that first half. idk i guess i don't find these kinds of revenge episodes very satisfying anymore, or it just wasn't satisfying enough. animation was crazy at times though.
Nov 25, 2023 3:33 PM
Feb 2022
ryzxgum said:
this been one of my favourite shows this season so far but that wasn't a great episode, especially that first half. idk i guess i don't find these kinds of revenge episodes very satisfying anymore, or it just wasn't satisfying enough. animation was crazy at times though.

Me I am confused about if there even have been any real revenge because I don't get if the culprit really dies or not (None have so far?) 'cause the whole core thing and that suspect queen release or pardon them.

True some of them have lost their position in society but that and the one time pain of getting killed and then revived seems to be the extent of it. So I am in the "uninteresting revenge/justice for lack of satisfaction" camp. It makes the whole narrative feel strange.
Nov 25, 2023 3:54 PM

Aug 2014
Gl0rp said:
ryzxgum said:

Me I am confused about if there even have been any real revenge because I don't get if the culprit really dies or not (None have so far?) 'cause the whole core thing and that suspect queen release or pardon them.

True some of them have lost their position in society but that and the one time pain of getting killed and then revived seems to be the extent of it. So I am in the "uninteresting revenge/justice for lack of satisfaction" camp. It makes the whole narrative feel strange.

If Odilon was stabbed with ritual article then yes, he is actually dead. We also don't know if Komari can kill people for good with her new powers. Sakuna's family was also sliced into pieces with the ritual article so they are also dead and can't be revived with the dark core.
Nov 25, 2023 4:01 PM
Feb 2022
GTRaijin said:
Gl0rp said:

If Odilon was stabbed with ritual article then yes, he is actually dead. We also don't know if Komari can kill people for good with her new powers. Sakuna's family was also sliced into pieces with the ritual article so they are also dead and can't be revived with the dark core.

Certainly Sakunas family. My meaning was with revenge and Odilon was still alive when Komari exploded him to bits so does that mean he'll get revived? Didn't someone mention that in an episode? Can't really remember.

Had a thought. Didn't Odilon say to Sakuna that you could revive someone killed with a ritual blade somehow anyway and threatened her with killing her family again and again? I can't figure out how this stuff works...
Nov 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
Gl0rp said:
GTRaijin said:

Certainly Sakunas family. My meaning was with revenge and Odilon was still alive when Komari exploded him to bits so does that mean he'll get revived? Didn't someone mention that in an episode? Can't really remember.

Had a thought. Didn't Odilon say to Sakuna that you could revive someone killed with a ritual blade somehow anyway and threatened her with killing her family again and again? I can't figure out how this stuff works...

Like i said, Komari got new powers and apparently she can heal the ritual article inflicted wounds which the dark core can't, so maybe she can also do the opposite? Idk, I am an anime only so just thinking of possibilites.

Now with what Odilon said, he could also have been bluffing to get Sakuna back into Inverse Moon. Not sure, so we will have to wait and see.
Nov 25, 2023 4:10 PM
Feb 2022
GTRaijin said:
Gl0rp said:

Like i said, Komari got new powers and apparently she can heal the ritual article inflicted wounds which the dark core can't, so maybe she can also do the opposite? Idk, I am an anime only so just thinking of possibilites.

Now with what Odilon said, he could also have been bluffing to get Sakuna back into Inverse Moon. Not sure, so we will have to wait and see.

Anime only here also. Sorry if I got you confused too. :/
Nov 25, 2023 4:12 PM

Aug 2014
Gl0rp said:
GTRaijin said:

Anime only here also. Sorry if I got you confused too. :/

Nah, it's all good. Lets just hope the remaining episodes will have some explainations :D
Nov 25, 2023 5:21 PM
Aug 2022
Komari has such a broken core implosion I hope we can see her properly control it without losing her memories of it after.

Vill being jealous of Sakuna and komari becoming friends was cute.
Nov 25, 2023 5:25 PM

Dec 2013
What is going on, all my shows today had 10/10 episodes, the ones from the shows from rest of the week were also really good, Sakuna getting the last laugh by making that bastard get stabbed by his own subordinates was peak poetic justice and not just that but the fact that then Terakomari still tracked him down from who knows how far was just *chef's kiss*, So now we know her powers go beyond the dark core maybe she can revive people that get killed by ritual articles and maybe also completely kill people just like a ritual article would do.

And the best part from all of this was Sakuna and specially Terakomari using ice for their fight, my favorite element.
Nov 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Oct 2022
Crimson Lord Odilon was the traitor and one that forced Sakuna into joining Inverse Moon, after killing her family. Luckily Sakuna remembered what Millicent said (when things get tough, let Terakomari drink your blood) Watching Terakomari use her Core Implosion to crush him was so satisfying...
UndefeatedBahamut
Nov 25, 2023 6:33 PM

Dec 2022
Poor maid got NTR'd right in front of her face LMAO.
Nov 25, 2023 6:35 PM

Sep 2023
Gl0rp said:
I don't get if the culprit really dies or not

GTRaijin said:
Lets just hope the remaining episodes will have some explainations :D

I guess Odilon is dead for sure, cuz Terakomari killed him after he teleported to Gerra-Arka republic. As you could hear from Odilon's subordinates (they offered him to return to Mulnite empire, so the Dark core could get him back to 100%) and also from the unknown man in the ending we can guess that Gerra-Arka republics' Dark core has been already destroyed so Odilon can't recover and probably dies.

StateofOhayo said:
so there's more than one dark core huh?

Every nation has it's own dark core, seven in total as I recall.
Nov 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Oct 2022
I get that they had to brainwash her not to like blood but, what if they just removed it and be like "your core implosion is god like if you drank blood" and then they wouldn't need to bother trying to protect her if she had vials of blood with her at all times.

Nov 25, 2023 7:25 PM

Nov 2022
Amazing episode, and white hair Komari is peak, perfectly complementing the menacing red glow in her eyes.
Nov 25, 2023 9:23 PM

Sep 2016
KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 25, 2023 9:39 PM

Oct 2022
Imagine, letting two enemies become part of crimson lords?? That's absurd, right? I mean it's a super high rank next to the empress. But yeah, the animation and the fight scenes this week are good. I hope she will learn how to control her power.
Nov 25, 2023 10:01 PM

Dec 2022
Ayo jealous Vil back in full force! ...soooo, love triangle now?

Feel nothing but sympathy for Sakuna though, what a shit past. At least she can move on after a satisfying beatdown.
Nov 26, 2023 4:50 AM
Jun 2021

you know what we're all thinking
Nov 26, 2023 4:55 AM

Oct 2022
Seeing Komari with white hair beating up the big guy was very badass.

The conclusion of everything and Komari and Sakuna being friends was cute aswell as Vil being jealous was very funny.

a new villain rises from the flames i wonder whats going to happen in the next episode(s).
Nov 26, 2023 5:17 AM

Nov 2022
Kinda curious of how strong she’ll be if she drinks the queens blood if just with Sakuna blood she’s already nuking people.
Nov 26, 2023 6:07 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Komari is so hot and badass.
Nov 26, 2023 9:00 AM

Oct 2022
Well DAMN that was a fantastic episode.

The guy got exactly what he deserved, he was stuck up and insufferable to the very end. Komari with her Core Implosion mode is so badass it's unreal.

And I can't believe they baited us with a kiss, come on lol!
I'm honestly happy with how this arc turned out.

Nov 26, 2023 9:04 AM

Dec 2022
I really love how savage awakened Terakomari is. Hunted the guy down after he even teleported and finished the job.
Nov 26, 2023 9:13 AM
Sep 2021
Sad backstory of sakuna and with the help of terakomari she defeated her enemies.
Nov 26, 2023 10:44 AM
Nov 2023
It was the best episode I've seen so far. My hype and love for Komari grows and grows as the anime continues.

Can't wait for Komari to realize what she's done with Core Implosion too^^
Nov 26, 2023 4:55 PM

Oct 2022
No idea how far the the two regions are from each other, but Komari hunting Odilon in the jungles of Gerra-Arka Republic all the way from Mulnite in such a short amount of time was pretty satisfying.
Nov 26, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2022
Loved this episode. Especially how Komari pulled the "teleports behind you" multiple times on Odilon. Menacing as hell in the best way.

Nov 26, 2023 6:02 PM

May 2019
Pretty good episode with Komari making a new friend in Sakuna. I wondered who the loser was from the tournament as that person was supposed to die or something, unless that ended up being Odilon. On a lighter side, poor Vill having to witness Komari and Sakuna share a touching moment lol, at least Vill sees Komari daily.
Nov 26, 2023 6:41 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Komari core explosions really deliver the conclusion to the arcs.
Also a brutal episode. Sakuna at least wasn't totally in his control slowly killing his subordinates.
Also surprised by the priest turning out to be good.
And poor Vill I want her to get more love from Komari.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

73 by Delphantasist »»
Yesterday, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

64 by ninehammer »»
May 14, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

139 by Magicmist »»
May 6, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

89 by Magicmist »»
May 1, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

57 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 30, 1:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.