Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ha, even this show has its own fan service based episode. Swimsuits and fun.

It didn't move the plot much but hey, it was a time for the female cast to enjoy themselves. Alpha is still fierce even in this episode though. They deserved this break after dealing with so much shit this season already.
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
A hot springs episode eh?

With Cid proving elusive and tensions escalating, Skel and Po extend an invitation to Mitsugoshi Hot Springs Land. Sensing Shadow's strategic hand in this, the Shadow Garden springs into action—this time, amidst the soothing environs of Mitsugoshi Hot Springs Land.

Yeah I could tell this was an anime canon episode, and it was fun one no doubt. Hell we even got to see the hero costumes from the first OP finally. On another note, the first ending theme made its appearance, and it still holds up – the music still bangs. The end credits card is impressive, featuring Touzai (the light novel illustrator) drawing himself. The playful banter among the girls, vying for a spot on this "mission," was quite amusing. Each one looked fantastic in their swimsuits, and I'm pleased to see that Delta made the cut. Her energy is akin to that of a golden retriever, and it's truly delightful.

New arc next week I guess.

Nov 22, 2023 7:07 AM

Feb 2021
Alpha is so in love with Shadow
Nice to see everyone in the hot springs lol. The person in the sauna with Alexia was Mary right? And Elisabeth appeared a bit later too I think.
The outfits from the first opening! Didn't think they'd ever actually use them.
And yes, Eta's outfit gotta be my favorite.
The ED from season 1! And now all the seven shadows are singing.
ALEXIA LMAO

Was this a side-story or something? Either way, I still really enjoyed it.
Nov 22, 2023 7:08 AM

Oct 2017
Really nice fanservice this episode with lots of fun moments with all the girls, appreciate it.
Nov 22, 2023 7:11 AM
Mar 2022
A break after the epic battles and victory. Honestly thought we wouldn’t get to see them wearing the outfits in the OP song.
Looking forward to seeing Shadow Garden’s next move.
Nov 22, 2023 7:15 AM

Apr 2021
After two really good arcs, I guess everyone deserves a break. I liked this one.
Nov 22, 2023 7:34 AM
Mar 2020
mhm, well decent episode.
Aug 2020
it was a good episode, i thought that it was going to be only a fan service episode but i laughed some few times...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 2022
After carrying out many missions and completing a total of 6 arcs, a break is necessary. I thought I would never see Cid in this episode, but at least they include him in the flashback scene. The meeting of the 7 Shadows was hilarious. This episode is the only way they could show the girls in their swimsuits. I didn't expect them to use the white slime suit from season 1 OP and it makes sense as it was morning time.
Nov 22, 2023 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
not only this had nothing to do with anything
they even made the chick that took the day off, work
Nov 22, 2023 7:43 AM
Aug 2016
beach episodes!!! (sort of)
Nov 22, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2021
the first 2 seconds of the after credits 💀💀💀
Nov 22, 2023 7:45 AM
Dec 2022
Eta carried this episode
Nov 22, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2018
Wasting times, no plot to the story just fan services. It should be separate to ova, now I have to wait 1 more week just to see story moving.

It's like a filler episode but more towards fan service, though it should be ova just like any other fan services anime
Nov 22, 2023 7:52 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to rijallconnie
Wasting times, no plot to the story just fan services. It should be separate to ova, now I have to wait 1 more week just to see story moving.

It's like a filler episode but more towards fan service, though it should be ova just like any other fan services anime
@rijallconnie

I disagree,

It's extremely important for the plot.
Nov 22, 2023 7:54 AM
Apr 2023
I love how they name their character. Like count virgin man, Po tato, ske letal etc.. It's just too funny.😂😂
Nov 22, 2023 8:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nu's interrogation sure put paid to those plans though in the most chilling fashion. The meeting of the seven shadows really was a great scene right down to their fellows standing behind them. The shadow garden version of the hot springs land visit though sure was fun. While also setting the stage for the support cast to have their time to relax as well. Peeping toms proved to be the perfect test subjects for Eta's new inventions. The dragon sure ended up providing a nice bit of action to this trip brief as it was. Top marks for exploiting the event to earn more money though. Overall a fun ep that provided both excellent fan service and a great opportunity for the shadows to unwind and chill.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2023 8:07 AM
May 2018
Reply to Abstudios07
@rijallconnie

I disagree,

It's extremely important for the plot.
@Abstudios07 What plot? it certainly fan service episode. it's not even in the manga. I'm like kagejitsu but not just blindly consume anything like a fanboy, and its waste 1 slot episode on TV which they could use it to adapt story & wasting time watching it then waiting for a more weeks
Nov 22, 2023 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Cid is out, but tickets to the luxurious Mitsugoshi Hot Springs Land, and VIP tickets at that, his buddies Skel and Po are looking to reap the rewards.

But getting stopped by Delta, she demands to know what Cid a.k.a Shadow is after and seeks Shadow Garden's Seven Shadows for consultation...on the Dragon's Tears. Indeed, this was the intentional effort to build the hot spring, and they'll only know once they go with Cid...on the specific people involved: 3 victors, Cid, Skel, Po...along with Zeta, Beta and Delta, minus Cid because he isn't there with them. As expected, the other members of Shadow Garden follow in disguise just in case Shadow surfaces, while Skel and Po are just reeling in on the possibilities of dating either one girl.

A story legend on the Dragon's Tears, and both guys are just as hilariously stupid as they are. The Shadow Garden girls are also just as hilarious, especially in the hot springs where Beta was about to be humiliated. And as expected of a fanservice episode, there is an enemy to kill, and the "summoned" dragon is eradicated quick, with the dragon rested, and the event filled with merch.

It's a relaxed canon episode, for the best considering all they've gone through in the 1st half.

Season 1's ED makes a comeback with Shadow Garden altogether! Still the better song than Season 2's.
Nov 22, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to rijallconnie
@Abstudios07 What plot? it certainly fan service episode. it's not even in the manga. I'm like kagejitsu but not just blindly consume anything like a fanboy, and its waste 1 slot episode on TV which they could use it to adapt story & wasting time watching it then waiting for a more weeks
@rijallconnie

Run, if you value your life. The frenzy has begun. The moon is red. We're out of time.
Nov 22, 2023 8:10 AM
May 2021
That's how you do a fanservice episode, Fantastic. It had some story plot as well and that Beta's scene with Dragon was interesting. So beta was actually that princess??
Nov 22, 2023 8:11 AM

Sep 2018
This episode had so much plot...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 22, 2023 8:11 AM
May 2021
V1P3R0P said:
the first 2 seconds of the after credits 💀💀💀

Alexia using the legendary move lol
Nov 22, 2023 8:12 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to GYATyoruichi
Eta carried this episode
@GYATyoruichi absolutely XD
Nov 22, 2023 8:12 AM
May 2021
rijallconnie said:

Bruhh the seven Shadow girls deserves more screen time and this episode did some justice. Loved the episode, and they showed interesting scene with Beta as well. Maybe the Dragon was actually related to her. Author wrote the script so it can be a hint
Nov 22, 2023 8:20 AM

May 2015
Po and Skel stealing Mitsugoshi tickets from Cid's room is one thing, but asking its employees on a date was begging for chaos to ensue! This was a very nice break from the plot and gave us more of the seven shadows. Even with Cid not in the episode his magical predictions make the most wildest plots come true. It gave us a cool fight with the water dragon.
Nov 22, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2022
I know I'm in the minority, but that was yet another new low. Ecchi, well, once again just a slide show, absolutely no animations except mouth movements. Plot? Never mind, see it as an OVA episode. I really don't get you guys rate this anime higher than 7, really, I just don't get it.

What I noticed again:

Cid's friends are insufferable, and I've seen a lot of bad romcoms with insufferable friends of the protagonist. These are definitely top tier of the most annoying joy. Potato & Skeletal, those names...

I still don't know all seven shadows. Sure, the names, but we're on episode 28 and most of them are just supporting characters, or rather extras, nothing more.

Please don't quote me, I don't want to read your fanboying for this anime. Take off fan goggles, please. You like it... sorry you love it without a good reason? Great! I'm happy for you! Enjoy it!

Nov 22, 2023 8:29 AM

Oct 2008
Some real nice fanservice, they even had the princess and the vampire there. Glad the crew got some time off.

This was also the new low for Skel and Po. If you take out the comedy out of it, they basically broke into their friends house, stole some really expensive property and didn't even feel bad about it.
Nov 22, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 2022
Wooooooooooooooo booba lets go!
Nov 22, 2023 8:36 AM
Aug 2022
Nice breather episode. Apparently this was a anime original episode.

Im glad they done this though. I feel like we don’t see enough of some of the seven shadows such as zeta and eta.
Nov 22, 2023 8:40 AM
Jan 2021
no shadow.. where is he
Nov 22, 2023 8:40 AM
Sep 2021
This was the 1st time when shadow didn't appear, it was zero screen time for shadow instead we get the seven shadow doing their mission and enjoying their day off.
Nov 22, 2023 8:55 AM
Aug 2017
The Eminence in Hot Spring episodes.
I have to admit, there were some great comedic moments this show.
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
Apr 2023
I guess every anime needs a hot spring episode.

Also loved Delta during the meeting to decide who would use the tickets to go where she was just saying she'll go to the hot springs with Cid 😂
Nov 22, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
It was a filler, right? I can't really imagine it being in the original. This episode was awful. The season is already short and it seems like quite a bit of stuff was skipped, so why make a complete waste of time like this... Even not having an episode this week would be better.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 22, 2023 9:07 AM
Feb 2023
i didn't expect this episode like that. i mean this original episode not bad and not greatest. i very like this episode
Nov 22, 2023 9:12 AM

Feb 2021
A filler episode with events that never happened in the LN.

It was nice to have Darling in the Night back on the ED...
Nov 22, 2023 9:13 AM
Jun 2019
Once again, I am amazed at how smart the SG girls are. The janken method to decide the ones that would go is simply brilliant, for a single round will always guarantee 3 members are chosen (with the exception of the 1/2187 chance all 7 of them pick the same). Here, let me break it down:

The first possibility is that one of the symbols doesn't get used. Since they are are 7, this forces a 4-3 split, in which case you pick the group of 3. This is what happened.

The second is if all 3 symbols are used. This further breaks down into:

• a 1-2-4 split, in which case you go with 1+2.
  • a 1-3-3 split, in which case you go with the group of 3 that breaks the other.
  • a 2-2-3 split, in which case you go with the group of 3.

Incredible. Simply incredible. Sasuga, Shadown Garden!
Nov 22, 2023 9:22 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Kind of a chill episode but those so called friends are mean. Stealing Cid's tickets. Can only imagine that he would have wanted to chill in a mixed bath like he did last season.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Nov 22, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Trash episode for a trash anime
Nov 22, 2023 9:28 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to GensoTV
I know I'm in the minority, but that was yet another new low. Ecchi, well, once again just a slide show, absolutely no animations except mouth movements. Plot? Never mind, see it as an OVA episode. I really don't get you guys rate this anime higher than 7, really, I just don't get it.

What I noticed again:

Cid's friends are insufferable, and I've seen a lot of bad romcoms with insufferable friends of the protagonist. These are definitely top tier of the most annoying joy. Potato & Skeletal, those names...

I still don't know all seven shadows. Sure, the names, but we're on episode 28 and most of them are just supporting characters, or rather extras, nothing more.

Please don't quote me, I don't want to read your fanboying for this anime. Take off fan goggles, please. You like it... sorry you love it without a good reason? Great! I'm happy for you! Enjoy it!

GensoTV said:
Please don't quote me, I don't want to read your fanboying for this anime. Take off fan goggles, please.

@GensoTV Haha I quoted you and mentioned you. Funny that you're going to a forum having an opinion but don't want to get any opinion. On a serious note, just because the show has a bad episode doesn't mean the whole show is bad.

What? Do you want to discredit the other 27 episodes before this?

About the friend, yeah they're very insufferable. I don't like them either. Maybe Japanese viewers love those kinds of joke characters? Who knows.

If you are questioning about the Seven Shadows then you're in luck, the anime actually shows more of Zeta and Eta this early unlike the other media. This show is pretty much like One Punch Man, we have like 15 Rank-S but we barely know any of them. Why? Because we focus on the main characters, Cid and Saitama.

Are you asking if you're a minority for not liking this episode? Probably not, I'm sure there are many viewers going 'wtf' especially those people who hate filler, no brainer cool down, and fan service focus episodes. I'm going with eh, pretty mid, but fun. But it's necessary since the two arcs after this are pretty serious for the plot and got quite a lot of action, for people other than Cid as usual that is.
DJKuroinuNov 22, 2023 9:34 AM
Nov 22, 2023 9:30 AM
May 2015
Waste of an episode
Nov 22, 2023 9:32 AM
Apr 2021
cid : breathes

the garden : "OMFG WHAT IS LORD SHADOW SAME PLOTING THIS TIME, IT MUST BE SOMETHING HIGE WITH 8 LAYERS OF SECRET AND BAIT PLANS TO HIDE HIS REAL INTENTIONS, IT WILL SURELY CHANGE THE FATE OF THE WHOLE WORLD"
Nov 22, 2023 9:33 AM
Sep 2021
Honestly, I didn't really like this episode, Cid's two friends are two Idiots, They put a lot of focus on these assholes too, and it was so forced that they didn't even question what the relationship between Cid and the Mitsugoshi girls was. And it's pretty boring when everything Shadow does, and even doesn't do, always ends up making girls think there's a message behind it, sometimes it's cool and it's comical,but this episode made me a little angry, maybe angry isn't the right word for that feeling but I'll leave it at that. But maybe it's just abstinence from Shadow's stupidity lol. Anyway, it's just my opinion, and regarding the girls, they could have put more emphasis on fan service, t I'm sure the episode would be more enjoyable, at least for me.
RegiOliveiraNov 22, 2023 9:48 AM
Nov 22, 2023 9:40 AM

Feb 2009
What a waste of time. They cutted the fight against Elizabeth, maybe the most anticipated fight till now, to just half an episode, instead a full 1 episode long fight like the last one of past season, and was barely animated, but they decided to introduce this filler nonsesne, why? Who the fuck in the production thought that in a half course adaptation it was a good idea to put a non-canonical fanservice instead of actually adapting the ongoing LN content? I hate them with every cell.
Nov 22, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2023
Fanservice is always a win for any men-of-culture anime fan! Woohoo!
Nov 22, 2023 9:49 AM
Aug 2022
watching this episode one can realise that this episode was just for FanService only.

But still it felt a little INCOMPLETE without Cid in it....

For LN Readers ...
If you know then can you please quote and tell me what could have been cid doing during this episode??
Nov 22, 2023 9:58 AM
Sep 2017
Good fanservice episode, I enjoy every minutes of it. Giving the other SG members screen time is a must since they didn't appear much in Season 1. By the way the ending song Darling in the Night with the ending picture drawn by Touzai-sensei is beautiful.
Nov 22, 2023 10:03 AM
May 2018
Reply to K_Abhishek
watching this episode one can realise that this episode was just for FanService only.

But still it felt a little INCOMPLETE without Cid in it....

For LN Readers ...
If you know then can you please quote and tell me what could have been cid doing during this episode??
@K_Abhishek in the last episode Cid said to Delta that he is going on a journey aka he is avoiding Seven Shadows cause he thinks they are mad at him about counterfeit bills. Well, I hope we will see him in the next episode c:
Nov 22, 2023 10:12 AM
Apr 2023
umm i feel like there was sorta a he***i plot before beta started crying.Honestly This anime is only good because of cid,Without cid its trash.........SO WHY THE HELL IS THIS EPISODE STILL SO GOOD EVEN WITHOUT CID.

Btw i havent watched episode 10 of the eminence in shadow in a while but wasent that also sorta a filler.Anyway This was a good episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I think season 1 was better.

mrjdko - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Agresor »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

310 by Phantasmal_Wolf »»
May 5, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2023

156 by nakamadayo »»
Apr 29, 8:14 PM

» Is fanservice for episode 8 really needed? ( 1 2 )

Extamplier2 - Nov 24, 2023

57 by Liquidacid »»
Apr 21, 10:41 PM

» Why Delta is more popular than Alpha ?

lightning_angad7 - Dec 20, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Apr 15, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.