Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
dAnimeStore & Crunchyroll has the episode early.

Viola going to Lira's place to get some poisonous herbs, it's been the 16 years since Alyssa raised her, knowing that she has an aptitude for magic. Child-rearing is a new experience for Alyssa, so Lira assisted her with all the help she needs, being already full of the housekeeping stuff to raise baby Viola properly. And look how much Alyssa had grown since Lira had grown up, unlike Lira who had her son being of tough love.

Fennel the Elfin merchant comes by to pick up any stock that Alyssa has been selling, and too bad for him, Viola has been eyeing him badly for trying to win Alyssa's affection, though worse that she only sees him as a little brother. So much for romancing love for Fennel, but Viola's not going to stop harassing him with Phoenix. But as soon as Fennel tries to go back to Alussa's place, Viola matches it with a shady game, that try as he might, he will never win the rigged game.

Still the funny comedy.
KANLen09Oct 7, 2023 1:26 AM
Oct 1, 2023 7:34 AM

Dec 2021
So many early premieres ffs.

Though this show is funny as hell so I don't really mind.

I'm here to watch their mother and daughter relationship grow with every episode.

Oct 1, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2021
Viola and Alyssa are so funny and cute together these first two episodes have just been fantastic
Oct 1, 2023 11:08 AM

Apr 2022
So far the most underwhelming anime I've seen this season. There are some cute gags or whatever, but not enough to keep me engaged past the 3rd episode mark. We'll see.
Oct 1, 2023 11:38 AM

Dec 2021
Still "eh" territory. Maybe it'll pull out some magic like Potemayo did.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Oct 1, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2020
felixsifuri said:
So far the most underwhelming anime I've seen this season. There are some cute gags or whatever, but not enough to keep me engaged past the 3rd episode mark. We'll see.

Totally agree. It has some funny gags, but I'm kinda disappointed
Oct 1, 2023 12:36 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao yea this one isn’t going to be for everyone, can already see the score being low on MAL, but holy shit is it hilarious. Good, wholesome and degenerate fun mixed together with hot mommy dommy witch waifus and the cute and funny 😭 Alyssa who is actually the hottest of the bunch.

No real story here, just vibes and the characters being ridiculous, which is good enough for me. Plus, Koga Aoi turns in another great performance as Alyssa. No one can do those high pitched nervous squeals like she can.

“You used to latch onto these so hard my husband was jealous” LMAO WHAT.

I just want whatever the author was smoking when this was written

Poor Fenell. Already stuck in the little brother zone. I believe in you though, man! The little rivalry he and Viola have is hilarious.

I liked these first couple of episodes and am looking forward to more.
Marinate1016Oct 1, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 1, 2023 1:30 PM
Apr 2021
I love this cute witch
Oct 1, 2023 3:19 PM

Mar 2019
I also wanted Lyra to breastfeed me too hehe. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 1, 2023 3:39 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto mucho el capitulo.

Oct 1, 2023 5:55 PM
Feb 2022
No la tendrás fácil Fennel para sacarle a Viola su madre XD.
Oct 1, 2023 7:35 PM

Dec 2013
It is a shame the show isn't doing it for many it but this episode was genuinely hilarious, Lyra is a riot and a great aunt but I have my doubts on her as a mother.
Oct 1, 2023 8:28 PM
Aug 2023
this ep is even more funny how Viola have possessiveness on her mother and it's so funny how Alyssa raised her and funniest character is Lyra she is so funny and I liked how Viola burned poison plant when that elf came to Alyssa mother and daughter is so funny definitely waiting next ep
Oct 1, 2023 10:18 PM
Aug 2022
I'm kind of disappointed. This one was on my "Damn, that's gotta be good" list this season, but so far nothing is happening. It's almost chaotic with how all over the place it is. I understand it's slice-of-life and I'm well acquainted with the genre, but this show is almost undoing the revival that newer slice-of-life animes have fought so hard to accomplish in order to renaissance the genre. The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated is a good example, I believe. It focuses on gag and situational humor, but it goes somewhere with it. It has structure, despite the show not taking itself seriously. Bocchi the Rock and My Dress-Up Darling being two more new slice-of-life animes that really helped revive and set a new standard for the genre. Comparing this show to the likes of those almost feels like working backward. I'm not saying every anime should bring something new to the table or can't be just silly humor, but sadly it's just not there. The whole first episode was "Hah, daughter has big boobs." I was expecting that to be approached, but in a finer light than just flat-out saying it. There was no situation or gag involved in the humor, that was essentially the entire joke. It's honestly almost hard to summarize an episode after watching it with how all over the place they are. It seems each episode does have some wholesome, heartwarming moments, as well as some legitimate situational and gag humor bits, but the few moments that do leave you seeing the true potential of the show and you're only left wanting more. I feel like I'm being edged every episode because of this. I'm not ripping on the show at all, if you enjoy it for what it is, I'm glad you found enjoyment in what's been presented so far. I just hope it realizes its true potential and throws a 180, capitalizing on the moments and situations that make the show truly unique. It can stand with the other slice-of-life shows like Bocchi the Rock, maybe not at the same level, but it has the potential to stand amongst it and others in the genre. I only hope it picks up and plays off the dynamics it has going for it, such as big daughter/little mom. So much humor can be played off that alone, but it's almost barely touched in a legitimate light, besides flat-out revealing the obvious. A finer structure could make this show truly great and memorable. I really hope it doesn't drop the ball, I really want to like this one.
Oct 2, 2023 3:56 AM

Apr 2015
Deceptively entertaining
Oct 2, 2023 8:43 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Not anything great, but entertaining enough to stick with for now. Questionable if they can manage it for a full season though.
Oct 2, 2023 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
not as funny as the first ep, but we'll see how it goes
Oct 2, 2023 12:57 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Mama Lyra is scary. Damn.
Yet more funny and cute facial expressions. Seems like a nice SoL anime.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 2, 2023 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
Another crazy funny episode, for my this series is already a masterpiece.
Aoi Koga is always wonderful in the baka loli roles, she is at her best.
Oct 2, 2023 2:44 PM
Dec 2022
It's always hard for new parents to know how to take care of a baby, but thanks to the support of friends like Lira, Alyssa kept trying her best! Ooh now since Viola's a mama's girl, she would bond to get some rival for her mother's love. Enter, the guy who has a crush on Alyssa! There banter is so fun to watch, I'm impressed Fennel is still at it and alive XD! It seems like Alyssa won't ever get a boyfriend on Viola's watch lol.
Oct 2, 2023 4:24 PM

Sep 2021
I completly missed this had a double episode premiere yesterday... But this way it could brighten up my day once again!

This episode's first half wasn't a funny as the others. But I really appreciate how they also show Alyssa's mom panic! And Auntie Lyra is great!

The second half was probably my favorite so far. Jealous Viola is a force to be reckoned with! And the Phoenix really has a Laser Beam!!!

Finally this show does a great job portraying the "hardships" of the single mom and her only-child. It somehow outdoes even well-done, dedicated Childcare shows like Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting in that aspect.
Oct 2, 2023 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
All I hear is Kaguya (Love is War) during all the boke tsukomi routines with Alyssa.
Oct 2, 2023 8:02 PM

Mar 2008
It's a cute show but it isn't quite vibing with me yet. I was better feeling "Don't Hurt Me, My Healer" more than this which had similar goofiness to it.
Oct 2, 2023 8:28 PM

May 2019
Ok I thought that this 2nd episode was better than the first. Lira, who looks and frankly is intimidating, helped Alyssa raise Viola which was nice of her.

In the 2nd half of this episode Viola showed how protective she is of her mother although Fennel seems to be a nice guy that Alyssa sort of likes. I saw shades of Nagatoro when Viola teased Fennel when she said he was too much of a wimp to get anywhere.
Oct 2, 2023 9:10 PM

Feb 2016
Damn, Lyra is a true sis, she helped with the breastfeeding for the adopted baby of someone that was just a customer to her, that's true kindness and friendship, and I had a legit laugh with her beating the shit out of her son lmaooo

Fennel is cool, he seems like a nice guy, he has been in love with Alyssa all his life after all, I wish him luck, beat that annoying brat Viola.

I was right about Viola, she sucks, she's a fucking overprotective, manipulative, aggressive and violent bitch, is she like the child of the devil or something? lol I don't give a fuck about her, I'm here just for Alyssa.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 2, 2023 10:53 PM
Jun 2012
The introduction of the elf.

Makes Phoenix and Friends carefree cast that much more solidifed.
Oct 2, 2023 11:24 PM
Jan 2021
Fearnotbunnie said:
this ep is even more funny how Viola have possessiveness on her mother and it's so funny how Alyssa raised her and funniest character is Lyra she is so funny and I liked how Viola burned poison plant when that elf came to Alyssa mother and daughter is so funny definitely waiting next ep

The look in Viola’s eyes as she burnt it was absolute perfection. That alone had me hollering!
Oct 3, 2023 7:29 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Lyra reminds me of the mom in Ramen Fighter Miki
Oct 3, 2023 7:50 AM
Aug 2013
I not quite sure how I feel about this show so far, but Lyra throwing the lines "We don't know what's a mistake until we do it" and "If your family keeps smiling together, then your doing it right" genuinely caught me in the feels.
Oct 3, 2023 4:35 PM

Nov 2016
Having Lyra as mom is life on hardcore mode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2023 11:01 PM
Jul 2020
How can anyone stand Viola? Like seriously she might be the worst character I’ve ever seen in a show.
Oct 3, 2023 11:56 PM

Dec 2022
I like how this episode actually had Fennel acknowledge what Phoenix looks like, so he's actually lovably goofy looking in world and not just a style choice, nice.
Oct 5, 2023 4:33 AM

Oct 2017
The shopkeeper lady is really nice and funny. Liked the new guy too, another nice episode.
Oct 5, 2023 6:48 PM
Nov 2019
only reason to wach is kaguya seiyu
Oct 5, 2023 10:46 PM

Sep 2018
Loved the relationship between the guy and our 2 mcs. Given this might be a yuri series, he might never have a chance, but this episode was great. I enjoyed seeing more backstory on how they raised the magic daughter. Another 5/5.
Oct 6, 2023 6:57 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Aidemus
only reason to wach is kaguya seiyu
@Aidemus Ngl, I'm also only watching it for Kaguya/Paimon's seiyuu
KyoyaTempestOct 6, 2023 7:01 AM
Roxy

Oct 8, 2023 8:33 AM
Jul 2023
Poor younger brother Fennel.
Oct 11, 2023 3:45 AM

Jul 2010
Romi Park, I always find out. Goddess in the role of a gorgeous and powerful woman without complexes (probably)

The beginning is fervent, but the absence of conflict as such reduces everything to the genre of everyday life.
May be some anime?
Oct 13, 2023 8:38 PM

Feb 2019
viola's one possessive brat! i feel sorry for fennel for being her little play thing lol
Oct 14, 2023 8:18 AM
Feb 2015
Mr. Phoenix is growing on me, he's such an amusing character ahahahhahahhaahh
Oct 15, 2023 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
cute.........................................................
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 12, 2023 4:21 AM
Mar 2016
alright on to the next one which is these one. hmm 6 out of 10 scores. no wonder the first 2 episodes didn't caught my attention. boring. let's just delete the 7 episodes that I downloaded and saved in my hardrive.
Jan 2, 8:19 PM

Nov 2009
Elf dude keeps on getting blocked by booba girl.

But what I don't get is... why haven't he made any actual move on Loli-witch since at least 80+ years ago (they met 100 years ago)

And booba girl didn't arrive until 16 years ago... so there was plenty of time for Elf dude to try and woo loli-witch...

Also, I just realized, their aging is pretty extreme... Loli-witch and Elf dude met 100 years ago. And they made it sound like it's just a short period of time.

While booba girl is only 16 years of age.. and if she keeps on going by human years... doesn't this mean in witch's sense of time booba girl's going to turn into old lady or die off super early. Will loli-witch come up with some sort of age defying magic to keep booba girl immortal?

Which also made me think... would they try to ship Shopkeeper's son with booba girl? since they're technically the same age according to the Flashbacks.
amlgJan 2, 8:23 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 1, 6:57 PM

Aug 2019
the structure of this actually reminds me of maoujou de oyasumi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 10:10 AM
Jun 2022
That Mother & Son Bit Was Good But Give Bob Cut More Time .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 5, 2023

30 by nyaasar »»
Apr 26, 11:37 AM

» Any chance for season 2?

DekuxUraraka - Apr 14

3 by DekuxUraraka »»
Apr 19, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Oct 22, 2023

30 by Shirowhite01 »»
Apr 9, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2023

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Oct 8, 2023

24 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.