Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 2023 11:29 AM
Feb 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
@Nugi97 You completely misunderstood what I said. I would never believe the new Fiend was inspired by any Jujutsu Kaisen character, it never crossed my mind while reading the chapter, that is a thought from another person.

I said that it is weird that you complain about Jujutsu Kaisen having an obnoxious and annoying one dimensional character (Nobara) when Chainsaw Man has Power.

Calling Power one dimensional. Why are you in a discussion post about Chapter 144 when you clearly haven’t read past Chapter 5?
Sep 26, 2023 11:29 AM
Oct 2021
can't wait for Reze to appear, i trust you fujimoto!
Sep 26, 2023 11:33 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Nugi97 Well, I agree that Nobara is a zero to the left, no disagreements there. Power being a devil doesn't take away the fact that she is obnoxious and annoying.
@Ionliosite2 in a good way, and her progression as a character throughout the story was way better than Nobara, that's why you'll rarely find everyone calls her out like that, unlike Nobara, that is what I said before about her
Sep 26, 2023 11:52 AM
Aug 2023
What !!! There is Katana Man
Sep 26, 2023 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
FUJIMOTO COOKED!!!
Sep 26, 2023 12:06 PM
Aug 2021
KATANA MAN IS BACK BABY!! Damn did I kissed that guy and his badass design, this new hammer and nail fiend is also super dope, and damn the Justice devil is still involved in the story even at this point, I wonder if the actual devil will be fought against at some point.
Sep 26, 2023 12:43 PM
Oct 2020
So Katana man's back.

Also Nobara got isekai'd to CSM no wonder we don't see her in JJK anymore lol

Now just give us REZE!
Sep 26, 2023 1:00 PM
Jan 2023
Incredible, Katana man is back.
Sep 26, 2023 1:16 PM

Apr 2016
Now we just need reze and power back
Sep 26, 2023 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
FUJIMOTO IS COOKING Y'ALL. MAN IS GOING ALL OUT.

I'm thankful for these amazing chapters.
Sep 26, 2023 1:46 PM
Jul 2022
Reze im ready for you😩🥛
Sep 26, 2023 1:54 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Nugi97
@Softhenic03 so you're Barem, a type of CSM fan who only enjoys the wackiness of the series, yet you can't even comprehend the compelling characterisation that Fujimoto writes in Asa, as Fumiko invested to the characters and their growth throughout the story, no wonder you blatanly called Asa, the most accurate depiction of a high school girl in Shonen genre. I pity you, truly, because you don't even realize that CSM is never a battle Shonen in the first place, it's a character-driven story, and by that L take you wrote shows you have no clue about CSM at all, smh.
@Nugi97 I understand CSM is a character driven story but it was clear that fujimoto just had no idea what to do with Asa so he just dropped her to go back to denji because he already knows what denji’s about.
Sep 26, 2023 3:05 PM

Aug 2021
that sure was short
Sep 26, 2023 3:14 PM

Aug 2020
4/5
Looks like the next few chapters may just be "[x] makes their stylish return!" which is pretty fucking awesome. Great way to build up hype and suspense for the next portion of the story. It was inevitable, too, given how unkillable so many characters are. I suspect before too long, we'll begin seeing the "hybrid weakness" or some way to kill them for sure. But not before some more build up and whatnot in the story. Then again, wouldn't eating the heart do the trick and kill a hybrid? That's what all those devils in Part 1 wanted to do to Denji, after all. Perhaps that is the only way after all.

I understand CSM is a character driven story but it was clear that fujimoto just had no idea what to do with Asa so he just dropped her to go back to denji because he already knows what denji’s about.

@koboss It hasn't even been 10 chapters since we last saw her, right? And with chapters this short, that's really not long at all. Stories swap perspectives for significant periods of time pretty frequently, and often to much success. And it would be silly to assume Fujimoto isn't at least always thinking ahead by one or two whole arcs.
Sep 26, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2016
Wow there's some crazy designs in this chapter, maybe the Nail devil or something like that?
I don't even know where to begin with the bald guy LOL
And just like many predicted Katana Man comes back, leaving only Reze left from the weapons to return!
But in this case is Katana Man helping Public Safety?
Sep 26, 2023 3:54 PM

Mar 2021
Where are Kobeni, Reze and Kishibe bruh I need to see them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2023 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
it's just reze left that didn't appear from that group, right?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 26, 2023 5:56 PM
Nov 2022
Katana man is back

Sep 26, 2023 5:59 PM

Apr 2022
yooo what katana man is back?? i saw that smile and said hell nahhh. they all coming back, i need to see denji's reaction to this.

reze next pls.
Sep 26, 2023 6:25 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to koboss
@Nugi97 I understand CSM is a character driven story but it was clear that fujimoto just had no idea what to do with Asa so he just dropped her to go back to denji because he already knows what denji’s about.
@koboss back in the early chapters of Part 2, bunch of you hated her because she took all the exposures and spotlight from Denji, but when Fujimoto shifted the story through Denji's PoV, you immediately called out Fujimoto wasted her potential? Talk about being whining over a weekly/biweekly series and wanting to have everything be ready on your table at once, lol.
Sep 26, 2023 7:34 PM

Jun 2021
Katana man still hates Chainsaw man, I see.
Sep 26, 2023 7:52 PM
Feb 2022
De todos los nombre al hombre clavo le ponen Chucho. Nombre bien latino.
Sep 26, 2023 8:12 PM

Feb 2022
new twink 🔥 new twink 🔥

Sep 26, 2023 8:44 PM

May 2016
Art design of brain boy next level…
Sep 26, 2023 9:28 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to SamBlack
Wow there's some crazy designs in this chapter, maybe the Nail devil or something like that?
I don't even know where to begin with the bald guy LOL
And just like many predicted Katana Man comes back, leaving only Reze left from the weapons to return!
But in this case is Katana Man helping Public Safety?
@SamBlack I have the same question as you do. But then again, same with Quianxi. The hybrids from Part 1 must have been bribed to work for Public Safety Commission Division 7. Katana Man still hates Denji's guys. If there's no benefit in joining Public Safety, why wouldn't he go after Denji right here and now? The fact that Quanxi, Nail fiend, and Katana Man are working like the obedient public dogs that they are for the government tells me that there's a superior in the Division that we haven't seen yet. Whoever is pulling the strings must want Denji to survive a little longer.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Sep 26, 2023 9:49 PM
Jul 2023
I wanna see Reze and my baby Power again!
Sep 26, 2023 10:54 PM
Apr 2021
Nugi97 said:
@Softhenic03 so you're Barem, a type of CSM fan who only enjoys the wackiness of the series, yet you can't even comprehend the compelling characterisation that Fujimoto writes in Asa, as Fumiko invested to the characters and their growth throughout the story, no wonder you blatanly called Asa, the most accurate depiction of a high school girl in Shonen genre. I pity you, truly, because you don't even realize that CSM is never a battle Shonen in the first place, it's a character-driven story, and by that L take you wrote shows you have no clue about CSM at all, smh.

I think he prolly just doesn’t like her character lil bro
Sep 26, 2023 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
Katana still mad about his balls.
Sep 27, 2023 2:32 AM
Aug 2021
GUNS! NAILS!! KATANA!!!
Sep 27, 2023 6:18 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Nugi97
@koboss back in the early chapters of Part 2, bunch of you hated her because she took all the exposures and spotlight from Denji, but when Fujimoto shifted the story through Denji's PoV, you immediately called out Fujimoto wasted her potential? Talk about being whining over a weekly/biweekly series and wanting to have everything be ready on your table at once, lol.
@Nugi97 I never hated her at all, but you’re probably right that I’m just jumping the gun because I’m reading weekly, I suppose I’ll be more patient. I’m most of my grievances are because the beginning of part 2 seemed like it would make denji a side character, which I think would’ve been cool because his development kinda already had a complete cycle in part 1.
Sep 27, 2023 8:46 AM
Jul 2023
this part of the chapter was pissing me off because why in the WORLD would chainsaw man give yall GUNS? indoctrination makes you so stupid.
Sep 27, 2023 8:48 AM
Jul 2023
Softhenic03 said:
Author figured Asa was boring the life out of people, so he decided to bring the old characters back.. and that's great, nobody's complaining.

Though I want to see Denji's reaction over this.

no way you think Asa is boring. i loved that first part either way Asa.
Sep 27, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2018
Is it just me, or are the drawings very raw for the last couple of chapters? I remember much more detailed pages from Part 1. I was wondering whether author passed this manga to his assistants,or what.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Sep 27, 2023 10:35 AM
Aug 2023
KATANA MAN!!!!!asr vkn;l/qwBIUYOQ1
Sep 27, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 2021
katana devil is back let's goooooo! by the looks of it hopefully we get to see reze soon. the chapters seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
Sep 27, 2023 3:08 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
Author figured Asa was boring the life out of people, so he decided to bring the old characters back.. and that's great, nobody's complaining.

Though I want to see Denji's reaction over this.
@Softhenic03 Maybe not here, but people are complaining and want to see her again on other sites.
Sep 27, 2023 3:12 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to JudgeRuthless
@Softhenic03 latest chapters were even worse than the Asa arc. Just this chapter there was a bit of something going on, not sure what the goal is though.
@JudgeRuthless Yeah, this entire Denji arc has been getting mixed reactions. Can't blame any Part 2 criticisms on Asa anymore.
Sep 27, 2023 3:52 PM
Dec 2019
I am actually not interested in whatever is happening here...it's like manga has just forgotten about Asa, or the Nayuta.
And I think this time Fujimoto is trying too hard to subvert expectations, you think something will happen one way, and then Fujimoto brings something totally random to the mix. It's too much and I am beginning to lose interest.
Sep 27, 2023 7:07 PM
Nov 2016
Where the hell is Asa? I love that girl, haven't seen her in a while.

So everyone is coming back, Reze will definitely come back, at this point Aki will come back too as the Gun Devil hybrid or whatever he was.
Sep 27, 2023 8:50 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Heisenberg_69
I am actually not interested in whatever is happening here...it's like manga has just forgotten about Asa, or the Nayuta.
And I think this time Fujimoto is trying too hard to subvert expectations, you think something will happen one way, and then Fujimoto brings something totally random to the mix. It's too much and I am beginning to lose interest.
@Heisenberg_69 lol, the duality of CSM fans :

One minute they are mad that the story is too slow and plot's not progressing

Another minute, WHERE ARE MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS??
Sep 27, 2023 10:24 PM
Dec 2019
2Birds1Stoned said:

I never complained about the story being slow. There is a difference between slow plot progression and a story that is just going aimlessly here and there.
One moment we are following Yoru's story of getting revenge from the chainsaw man. Then we get to the famine devil and the four horsemen, then that story is abandoned. Now we get to Denji and Nayuta, then they introduce a fake chainsaw man, and now that story has not gone anywhere, and now suddenly there is a chainsaw man church and whatever, in my opinion there are too many open plot threads ....
Sep 28, 2023 2:09 AM
Mar 2022
I want power comeback
Sep 28, 2023 5:25 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to Heisenberg_69
2Birds1Stoned said:

I never complained about the story being slow. There is a difference between slow plot progression and a story that is just going aimlessly here and there.
One moment we are following Yoru's story of getting revenge from the chainsaw man. Then we get to the famine devil and the four horsemen, then that story is abandoned. Now we get to Denji and Nayuta, then they introduce a fake chainsaw man, and now that story has not gone anywhere, and now suddenly there is a chainsaw man church and whatever, in my opinion there are too many open plot threads ....
@Heisenberg_69 It's gotten worse than the TV show LOST that literally had the viewers completely lost all the time. No pun intended.

Easiest thing the mangaka could do is just tie up a few plot points.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2023 7:35 AM
Feb 2023
2Birds1Stoned said:

When the story in the past chapters literally show that fujimoto is literally writing like someone who doesn’t know what he was doing compared to now says alot. And we talked before but he literally is returning the old cast because the new one is just not good. He figured that out.
Sep 28, 2023 7:37 AM
Feb 2023
Gotta say; I think Fujimoto actually now knows where he is headed compared to headless chicken chapters part 2 was having. However I am still not expecting part 1 kind of great writing. 144 is considered now for me the halfway point where actually things will start going and won’t stop. So I am curious where this goes from now.
Sep 28, 2023 11:06 AM
Jun 2022
From when we last seen Asa, she was basking in her fame and is clearly not adamant on returning to her normal life anytime soon. And we see that exact scenario for Denji right after that. From all the promotional images we’ve seen and the unresolved plot point of a clash between Asa and Denji, isn’t it clear Fujimoto is building up to some sort of violent fallout between the two?

The church (which happens to be created by Famine) has its reputation tied with Asa, once news of the Church’s controversies becomes known it’ll inevitably make Asa’s life pretty miserable and lead her to commit more egregious acts that might put her at odds with CSM. And that seems to be Famines goal with the church.

I wouldn't say the story isn’t going in a coherent direction with those chapters clearly focusing on the two MC’s attachments to their glory and it’s relevance to the current arc, so I’m not so sure why people are acting like as if there isn’t some sort of setup going on.
Sep 28, 2023 4:44 PM
Apr 2022
The way that the speed of Nail was illustrated was some of the best I’ve seen. Really well done.
Sep 28, 2023 6:34 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Stephen8188
From when we last seen Asa, she was basking in her fame and is clearly not adamant on returning to her normal life anytime soon. And we see that exact scenario for Denji right after that. From all the promotional images we’ve seen and the unresolved plot point of a clash between Asa and Denji, isn’t it clear Fujimoto is building up to some sort of violent fallout between the two?

The church (which happens to be created by Famine) has its reputation tied with Asa, once news of the Church’s controversies becomes known it’ll inevitably make Asa’s life pretty miserable and lead her to commit more egregious acts that might put her at odds with CSM. And that seems to be Famines goal with the church.

I wouldn't say the story isn’t going in a coherent direction with those chapters clearly focusing on the two MC’s attachments to their glory and it’s relevance to the current arc, so I’m not so sure why people are acting like as if there isn’t some sort of setup going on.
@Stephen8188 You're right. Asa's build up as a character throughout the first half of this part + her relationship with Denji is gonna make for some interesting interactions. Personally i haver really enjoyed Asa's addition to the manga.
Sep 28, 2023 6:52 PM
May 2021
no mf says mechanical pen
Sep 29, 2023 2:47 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Mechabandit
@Stephen8188 You're right. Asa's build up as a character throughout the first half of this part + her relationship with Denji is gonna make for some interesting interactions. Personally i haver really enjoyed Asa's addition to the manga.
@Mechabandit Yeah, I'm super excited to see how Asa and Denji's relationship develops. Could go in any direction from incredibly touching to tragic.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - May 22, 2020

72 by Virtecek »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 65 Discussion

Kuma - Apr 3, 2020

46 by Virtecek »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 64 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Mar 27, 2020

72 by Virtecek »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

48 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.