Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Idk which is creepier, the castle spirit or that demented priest. Either way, both characters were creepy as hell.

On the other hand, it was kinda neat to hear another spirit express their feelings in a way that wasn't gruesome. Somehow, they added in some minor humor to this. I mean, Yayoi as a cheerleader lol..but yeah, even spirits have their way of expressing themselves in meaningful ways.
Sep 24, 2023 9:36 AM

Dec 2021
From one predicament to another... but that unveiling of the graduate was absolutely astounding.

The specters dwelling within the H Castle Ruins launch an assault on Keitaro and Yayoi. A formidable dread that carries the grievances of the departed without distinction... Only those who were born in Yayoi's chamber, among the graduates, possess the capacity to confront this.

One might assume there have been numerous vanishings linked to this location, even if no fatalities are officially recorded. I've been curious about what the "graduates" entail, and it certainly lived up to expectations. It's fascinating how these apparitions engage in battles using arcane, chilling methods that deviate from the typical shounen style. They've just apprehended another one. This might be the most chilling rendition of Pokémon I've encountered. However, it's not without its caveat. It's somewhat reassuring to know that there are genuine risks associated with employing these specters, and they can't be wielded recklessly. Eiko's behavior also keeps constantly shifts between a naive childhood friend and an intense yandere.

They've survived the first hurdle, but there's many more to come.

Sep 24, 2023 9:46 AM

Oct 2022
I don't know why but seeing a graduate ghost in action is kinda pleasing and satisfying. Like a chanting sutra that kill everything? That's dope af.
UndefeatedBahamut
Sep 24, 2023 10:01 AM

Dec 2022
I've been wanting to see what the "graduates" are like, and it did not disappoint. It's great how these ghosts fight each other in such esoteric, terrifying, and non-shounen ways.
Sep 24, 2023 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
The Castle H Ruins continue its creepiness, though Yayoi still has the spirit doll on her finger, that's the only one keeping her sane, plus Keitaro's cries for help. On his part, Keitaro is caight by the spirit imitating Yayoi, though she's controlled by skeletons trying to wrangle him into the sky above. Yayoi's strategy for defeating the strong spirit: the Graduate that reveals a spirit that evens out the powers against enemies with its sutra. And even though the spirit stopped the main capacitor, the sutra did not stop, breaking the bigger spirit bit by bit. And the spirit running away, if they lose her, their only weapon will be gone.

While Yayoi managed to contain the spirit, Keitaro un-commandly speaks of the sutra, which Yayoi stopped immediately, but he's not out of danger as they need to seal the Graduate away in a limited time frame, no matter how much it resisted. The matter is not over, for the spirit is tied back to the waterfall, which reveals a curse box that contained a tailsman that drove the female ghost spirit mad. She was good and wanted to share past events to remember the past, but that the tailsman is contradicting her every move, and with Yayoi's saving, she is back to normal. The talisman is proving a big problem, and once it's buried, the ghost stories on Castle H Ruins come to a close.

Keitaro's ghost hunting is not over, he'll follow Yayoi to the ends of the earth, as they walk out of the castle and the female ghost spirit being thankful for their cleansing. And already, Yayoi is thinking of the next location to tackle, which is the old F Tunnel in O City, yet another S-Rank spirit haunt for another Graduate.

Every step they go, the journey gets more creepy...
Sep 24, 2023 10:36 AM

Oct 2022
Ngl The H castle ghost was pretty cute when Yayoi removed her curse :D

You'd think there'd be plenty of disappearances attributed to this place even if no deaths are ever confirmed.

Sep 24, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
Yayoi actually said "leave the nursing to me" here. Idk what's up with HIDIVE's subs.

What is that thing on her finger is meant for anyways?
This effect with letters all over the place is really cool. The spirit continuing the sutra no matter what was badass. I wonder if it actually means something or it's just gibberish.
Oh wait, this woman spirit is the one in the ED!
The real-time timer on screen is nice! Now we don't have to check the time to confirm it lol.
Hayami Saori!
Why are they burying the plushie tho? Don't they need it to beat the big bad one that took Yayoi's mother? Maybe because this one isn't actually an evil spirit.

All these places exist in real life btw. Someone on forums here found all of them that were mentioned in episode 10.
Really good episode. Excited to see more S-rank spirits.

Btw key visual and PV for cour 2 came out today. The OP will stay the same which is kind of a shame but also not because I really like the track (the bells in the beginning are cool especially). Someone also said that only the visuals will change, which would be really cool. The ED will be new.
EmbientSep 24, 2023 10:42 AM
Sep 24, 2023 10:42 AM

Apr 2014
New Pokemon acquired. Next stop, The old Fukiage tunnel in Ome.
tbh, the Sutra chanting from the High Priest was very creepy and terrifying.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 24, 2023 10:46 AM

Nov 2022
The face of that fake Yayoi was a nightmare fuel wtf. Another episode another bad luck for Keitarou taking the brunt of another curse this time it's the evil high priest's sutra and he almost got sent to hell lmao.
Sep 24, 2023 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
When you see spirits like today, the sutra chanting priest, it makes you wonder how the hell Yayoi managed to capture these spirits and subjugate them.

A chant that kills everything around it seems nigh impossible to to deal with. Very well could’ve been the end for both Yayoi and Keitaro if things didn’t go perfectly with incapacitating it. And that’s far from the most dangerous spirit she’s got.

So someone planted that talisman to get the spirit to go crazy. Why? I wonder if we’ll see anymore connections to this mystery instigator in the next case

Speaking of which, after barely surviving the castle haunt, Yayoi’s first reaction is “aw you’re upset we didn’t take you? Ok we’ll bring you on an even crazier one” 😂 one of the funniest characters ever. Enko’s so crazy she just excited to go to a new haunt.

Looking forward to the second half starting next week
Marinate1016Sep 24, 2023 11:05 AM
Sep 24, 2023 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
I want a purse like Yayoi's, so I can carry a infinite amount of things.

So the only ones that got sent to hell was the spirits from the forest animals.
Sep 24, 2023 10:55 AM

Oct 2022
And now they caught another one. This is probably the most horrific form of ghost I've seen. Not without a catch, though. It's kind of nice to see that there's real risks to using these ghosts and they can't just be brandished willy nilly.
Sep 24, 2023 11:05 AM

Dec 2022
That's one indestructable pokemon ghost. Humans, animals, insect and even ghosts/spirits are affected by the sutra.
Sep 24, 2023 11:09 AM
Nov 2015
Yayoi is the definition of "fight fire with fire".
Sep 24, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2021
idk why it's so funny when Yayoi cheers while Keitarou buries the stuffed toy after they just went through lots of crazy shits...dope episode
Sep 24, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2022
The fact that no ghosts were actually sent to hell removes a lot of the sheer horror I felt last episode. But I guess that's a good thing since this ghost was only manipulated into turning evil.

It seems they're introducing new villains, but Eiko is still probably the most dangerous human character they have to face. If she even is human.
Sep 24, 2023 11:26 AM

Nov 2022
H castle ghost get, now I'm curious how strong this spirit is.

Wonder if in their world the police have a supernatural division that handles problems around the haunted spots and supresses rumours to try and stop people from getting curious and visiting them?
Sep 24, 2023 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
That priest is really OP, no wonder Yayoi keeps the graduates away. lol
Sep 24, 2023 11:36 AM

Oct 2022
Out of the frying pan and into the fire...

That graduate reveal was sick though.

Sep 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2022
I hope we get to see this newly acquired ghost in the future episodes. I think she has a potential to be a graduate ghost too. Too strong as fuck.
Sep 24, 2023 11:50 AM
Jul 2016
I wonder if we'll get a new OP next week, since we are at the halfway point of the season and we just finished a ghost hunt.
Sep 24, 2023 11:51 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to erikkamirs
I wonder if we'll get a new OP next week, since we are at the halfway point of the season and we just finished a ghost hunt.
@erikkamirs

There will be no new opening just a new ending.
Sep 24, 2023 11:54 AM

Oct 2022
Needing to seal up a ghost before you die while a child has her hand shoved down your throat isn't even the strangest dangerous situation Keitarou's been in lmao.
Sep 24, 2023 12:02 PM

Dec 2022
Well that was hellish as hecc.

That ghost do be pretty ever since the day of her death.

Whoever knew the graduates are terrifyingly strong.. But they're like double-edged swords.

Sep 24, 2023 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
love the series. Monk is so dangerous - a double edged sword? The gang now has a kind spirit as their ally too.

Nah, when series are THIS good, I just can't wait weeks for another episode. Manga it is then.
Sep 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Dec 2022
High Priest of Evil Tongue?
That name alone and what he is capable of is enough to tell all about his past life.
I didn't expect to hear such thing as Sutra of Death. It is truly interesting.
Sep 24, 2023 12:20 PM
Jan 2023
@errikamirs

As someone else said, there's no new opening theme but the visuals of the opening will he different.
Sep 24, 2023 12:21 PM
May 2021
Nice episode, Yayoi caught new Pokemon ghost 😂😂. And this cheerleader scene lol 🤣. Really awesome anime
Sep 24, 2023 12:31 PM
Mar 2014
Reply to Embient
Yayoi actually said "leave the nursing to me" here. Idk what's up with HIDIVE's subs.

What is that thing on her finger is meant for anyways?
This effect with letters all over the place is really cool. The spirit continuing the sutra no matter what was badass. I wonder if it actually means something or it's just gibberish.
Oh wait, this woman spirit is the one in the ED!
The real-time timer on screen is nice! Now we don't have to check the time to confirm it lol.
Hayami Saori!
Why are they burying the plushie tho? Don't they need it to beat the big bad one that took Yayoi's mother? Maybe because this one isn't actually an evil spirit.

All these places exist in real life btw. Someone on forums here found all of them that were mentioned in episode 10.
Really good episode. Excited to see more S-rank spirits.

Btw key visual and PV for cour 2 came out today. The OP will stay the same which is kind of a shame but also not because I really like the track (the bells in the beginning are cool especially). Someone also said that only the visuals will change, which would be really cool. The ED will be new.
Embient said:

I think it's because the location is spiritually powerful, so it can regain the power it's lost fighting the priest by remaining nearby. Since it's not evil it won't hurt anyone either.

randomNumber248Sep 24, 2023 12:37 PM
Sep 24, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2020
This series sometimes is so uncomfortable to watch. I mean when that high priest ghost took over Keitaro, if it wasn't again for Yayoi, that dude might not have even lasted half a minute.

Really though, I lost the count how many times it makes when Keitaro's life was in danger.
Sep 24, 2023 12:45 PM
May 2021
Damn, that sutra ghost is so strong...
It's so fun to see power scales in an anime, let's see how powerful we can witness...
Sep 24, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
This was decent. Even with all the shounen-like goofiness at times, it still was uncomfortable at some scenes in a good horror way.

The question is, why Yayoi is this strong and know all this shit. Maybe I missed smth from earlier eps but she is a bit too op.
Sep 24, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2013
oh, so NOW you use the correct meaning of [KAMI] HiDive?

you can see that the girl spirit has the same aura (whiteish pattern) than the "evil God" attached to Ai.

In this episode, the translation calls it a "stronger spirit", which is correct.
Sep 24, 2023 12:52 PM
Dec 2013
Reply to randomNumber248
Embient said:

I think it's because the location is spiritually powerful, so it can regain the power it's lost fighting the priest by remaining nearby. Since it's not evil it won't hurt anyone either.

@randomNumber248

Yayoi mentioned before.

Graduates or strong spirits can influence the living 5 houses away. Even if they are harmless like this one, they are bound to their natures, in this case, wanting everyone to remember the sacrifices of the past.

Imagine dreaming every night about girls killing themselves by cutting their necks.
Sep 24, 2023 1:49 PM

May 2014
Finally a cute ghost girl.
Sep 24, 2023 2:37 PM
Jan 2023
What a brilliant episode, all full of action. Loved how much fighting there was, and I gotta say, our main characters nearly dying like that was pretty tense. But at least another strong ghost was caught, and we were introduced to talismans, in the case of that one, it sent the ghost mad.

That graduate used for fighting is so dangerous that it nearly killed them both, wow. And now next time they're going to an equally dangerous place, a slightly terrifying thought.

I just can't wait until next week now, I think I've gotten used to this show being the thing I watch on a Sunday evening.
Sep 24, 2023 2:52 PM

Aug 2019
Hayamin just casually dropping by to voice that spirit

Yayoi just casually carrying around pom-poms on their ghost hunts

Sep 24, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i keep enjoying it
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 24, 2023 3:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I had a feeling that hanging Yayoi wasn’t actually her, and turns out Keitaro’s screams of terror are part of why Yayoi survived lol, being scared makes you feel alive after all. And the scene of all the dead ghost hunters as skeletons was pretty spooky, I noticed one of them had a shirt that said “I love stars” and giving how they were skeletons, I really wish the shirt said “I love Dark Stars” instead lol, would’ve been perfect. And damn, that high priest spirit is definitely a force to be reckoned with, he ended up defeating the rank S ghost on his own pretty much, only downside tho is that they nearly died sealing him back up lol.

And turns out, this rank S spirit wasn’t actually evil, but was driven mad by a talisman planted there on purpose, looks like an even more twisted plot could be shaping up, on the bright side tho we now have a new strong ghost on our side and she’s kinda hot now that she has eyes so that’s a win in my book lol. And after that last nice moment between Yayoi and Keitaro as the sunrise emerged in the background, the first big bad ghost of the grand ghost hunting tour is done, and it looks like we’re heading straight for the next one which is in a haunted tunnel, that’s gonna be a good time for sure lol.

And just in case the OP and ED changes next episode, I want to point out how the OP was one of my absolute favorites of the summer season, as well as the ED, both super fitting for this show, the OP really reminded me of classic horror anime OPs which is a big reason why I like it so much. And the next episode is on October 1st, aka the beginning of spooky month, this show is gonna hit different in prime spooky time lol.
Sep 24, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2022
I think the anime plays really loose with alot of the concepts of securing ghosts and spirits, but what the heck, it's not like there's a definite rulebook somewhere (that we know of!). Its a fun anime, pretty good story. I wish the animation quality was a little better as it doesn't match the quality of the story. This is definitely one of the gems of this season.
Sep 24, 2023 5:50 PM
Oct 2019
Hey that Ghost was voice by Saori Hayami right? i know that voice.

First S-Rank was done.

LET'S GHOSTTT!!!

Sep 24, 2023 6:04 PM

Sep 2018

What a strange episode of Pokemon XD

Jokes aside, I like the whole "scary/evil vs scary/evil" spirit face off that we got in this episode, many more to come it seems as well.
Sep 24, 2023 8:03 PM
Mar 2019
Best, and creepiest episode. MORE.
Sep 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Jun 2021
The first fight of Yayoi's graduate spirit, huh. I've never seen a ghost battle like that. That was sick and creepy. Using them is a double-edged sword that it also got Keitaro. That was pretty intense as both of them almost died.
Sep 24, 2023 8:38 PM
May 2021
what was up with that star in eiko's mout at the end? it reminded be of the stars in the other girls eyes? or am i going crazy and it was just meant to show how excited she was?
My 2023 candies:
Sep 24, 2023 9:28 PM

Feb 2021
He's almost died for real this time XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 24, 2023 9:58 PM
Mar 2015
She was able to free the spirit of Castle H Using the evil priest was really dangerous
Sep 25, 2023 12:19 AM

May 2019
Wow, what an intense episode! I also liked the strong spirit vs. strong spirit faceoff and I can see why these "graduate" level spirits need to be stored offsite. While the hanging spirit was not Yayoi (thank goodness) it made Keitaro react by screaming which woke up and saved Yayoi whom then in turn saved Keitaro, ghost hunting partners indeed.

Speaking of partners Eiko was not pleased that she was left behind. I still think that Keitaro initially wanted to invite Yayoi to get something to eat than to go on a ghost hunting adventure when he offered to take her somewhere as I believe he said it would be his treat. Anyways, the 3 of them will be going to another s-rank haunting after 2 of them just finished and barely survived one, I'm sure this one will be intense as well.
Sep 25, 2023 1:36 AM

Oct 2017
Let's hear some music while watching pokemon battle lol. Joking aside so that spirit was actually not bad. Wonder who put the talisman there, probably the antagonist. The oldman spirit is really strong and creepy. Btw Keitarou being relieved that Yayoi was alright was sweet. Eiko pouting was cute. More S rank hunt next time and this time Eiko will be with them.
Sep 25, 2023 4:05 AM
Jan 2023
KennaIsANerd said:
what was up with that star in eiko's mout at the end? it reminded be of the stars in the other girls eyes? or am i going crazy and it was just meant to show how excited she was?

It was just a visual effect. The stars in her mouth appeared in previous episodes as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

66 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

94 by Magicmist »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

63 by Magicmist »»
May 5, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

107 by red1130 »»
May 2, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.