Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Leonhart made a loyal decision and that was to resume and return to the palace. This episode turned into a very tense one as Safiri and the others had a load of tasks.

However, it's shown that in front of any obstacle, she shows no fear and faces them head on. That speech just shows her sheer determination. Crazy ending too. Leonhart reaching Safiri in a climatic moment was a highlight of the episode. Damn.
Sep 20, 2023 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Ah, so Capel was the one who told Set the secret huh.

As we learned last episode, Set's strongly selective ideology encourages division among the races, and could cause a civil war in the peaceful Ozmargo Kingdom that Leonhart has built up until now. In order to protect this country and learn about his roots, Leonhart decides to return to the royal palace. At the same time, Sari and Lanteveldt try to retrieve the diary given to them by Anastasia, and find Capel, a chained demon beast covered in scars. This person is the only other person alive that knew about Leo's secert.

I kind of despised Capel at first glance, seeing as he ratted out Leo. However, in hindsight, I can understand his motives, especially considering that Set beat the living shit out of him. I also have to give Capel credit for managing to keep such a significant secret hidden for such an extended period. The level of dedication he displayed in safeguarding that secret is truly remarkable. He went to great lengths to ensure it never saw the light of day. Also Set just keeps on pissing me off.

With only one episode left, I'm on the edge of my seat wondering how they'll tie everything up

Sep 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Leo returns to Ozmargo not as a beast, but as a human, while both Sariphi and Lante respond to a chained beast underground.

Looks like the ring has responded to the gem on its forehead of the archpriest Capel. Of course, he knows Leo's secret but chose to remain silent until Justice Set tortured him in this state, which he has no need to be saved. Instead, the heir is found out elsewhere from the young king's family, which Leo was the child that was born outside of Ozmargo, but that the acknowledgement was refused because he was a human. And indeed, Capel was held until the secret was held, then he could pass away peacefully, and Set is exploiting Ozmargo for all its worth, to reestablish a beast-only realm.

Restraining Sariphi and Lante in their tracks, Chancellor Anubis has only one resolution to put Sariphi in her place, though he is still salty that he got tricked for all his time serving a half-human, half-beast king. But to Sariphi, she loved him one and the same, and as Anubis changes side once again to pledge loyalty back to Leo, the Istanese army coming for the assistance is a godsend, and even more so for Tetra's Sarbul Kingdom and others to fight alongside him, Set's ploy is failing on the eyes of the people, and the statement is overwhelming support that Leo is the rightful king of Ozmargo.

With Leo having his beast form reinstated, answering Sariphi's call is the only solution to end Set's farce, once and for all. A fighting finish to the finale.
Sep 20, 2023 9:25 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
this episode was incredible, loved everything with sari as always, but seeing everyone leo and sari impacted earlier stand up for him was so great, from the sea folk, to the cats that were even promised first class status (cats are the best), all the way to amit coming in the clutch, with that ending seeing leo roar, so awesome and so hype!

next week will be the final episode and man i'll miss this show, definitely one i'll remember and easy top 5 of the year for me i reckon (would even compete for aoty but i have a sneaking suspicion something from next season will take it).
Sep 20, 2023 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Incredible episode. Between this, Watakon and BSD we ate so good today.

Finally we know the truth of Set and Leo’s origins. Capel being tied up all that time and tortured must have been horrible, but at long last he can finally rest in peace.

So, as we pretty much already knew, Leo is not the former king’s son. He’s actually his nephew. The politics and culture of Ozmargo were really messed up before Leo. I mean banishing the younger brother just because he can’t be king, and then getting mad that he had a kid with a human? You don’t want him to rule, don’t want him to live, cmon

Lowkey, when you objectively think about it, it’s understandable that Set hates Leo and wants the throne. Here he is the actual son of the king and instead of going to him as heir they go get a half human nephew. I mean wars in Europe were fought for very similar reasons in the past.

The reality is, Set deserved to have been treated better by his father and not shunned. It doesn’t excuse his actions now, instead of doing things this way he could’ve just came to Leo man to man and talked about things, but it does contextualise them. Does he deserve objectively deserve to be king? Tough to say, but he certainly has shown he doesn’t have the temperament to lead and doesn’t value his own would be subjects. Ozmargo is better off with someone like Leo who values equality and fairness.

Ngl the fact that had Sariphi not given Anubis that answer he would’ve potentially killed her and really turned on Leo is wild. They’re supposed to be best friends and have been through so much together, yet the appearance of Set and his vitriol was all it took for Anubis to switch sides. Don’t feel bad for what happened to him at the end at all 🤷🏾‍♂️ the hypocrisy of it all is also hilarious. He’s mad at Sariphi for potentially only liking the king because he was human but he literally only served him because he was a beast. Projecting hard as hell.

The Yamamoto OST combined with the scenes of all the allies Sariphi has made over the course of the series coming to aid she and Leo in their time of need was awesome. Every beast and human she’s touched came in clutch at the end. This is why it’s important to never burn bridges, never know when you’ll need allies lol.

Well done Sariphi to stand up to set and call him out on his nonsense.

Can’t wait for the finale next week
Marinate1016Sep 20, 2023 10:04 AM
Sep 20, 2023 10:57 AM
Sep 2015
I wish Leonhart has a chance to reconnect with his biological parents in a way other than that diary, his father already died but his mother's status is not clear but I can assume she's gone too. The undeath spell that the former archbishop used is quite interesting way to preserve the spirit.

I hope the final episode will come with a sequel announcement, even if it takes years to make.
Sep 20, 2023 11:08 AM
Aug 2022
This better get a season 2
Sep 20, 2023 11:20 AM
Feb 2015
Nonononononononononononononono please don't tell me Princess Amit dies sacrificing hersel-
Oh wait, she's in the last episode preview, all is well
😂

I think what I like most in this anime is that the major characters and characters just under it have some kinda depth to them rather than just being insufferable for no reason.
Like I hate Set with a passion but even so it was nice they actually added some kinda lore behind him that lead him to be the way he is now which in a lot of other series they just have insufferable characters without a purpose.

This anime as a whole tho has been really good in the message it's giving out and man it's been such a long journey this anime has been on I can't believe it's finishing next week!
Sep 20, 2023 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
Fire episode yo. So Anubis was really playing 5d chess after all.
Sep 20, 2023 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
I was right about Anubis and his wording of "true king".

Amit has become quite the rebel since befriending Sariphi.

Sariphi's early diplomatic antics are now paying off and I'm all for it.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 20, 2023 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
You'd have thought that Set would have been more sympathetic to the "lesser races", having been cast aside himself for not being exactly the right race. But it's not unrealistic for someone wronged to perpetuate the same wrong even further.
Sep 20, 2023 4:11 PM
Feb 2020
Lmao, everyone really told Set "You aint shit buddy"
Sep 20, 2023 4:16 PM
May 2021
an amazing episode and it's not even the finale. how could the last episode possibly top this? i know the trope of all the allies and friends made along the way coming together to fight for one common goal is cheesy, but im an absolute sucker for it. and seeing everyone turn on set really made me so happy.

this show started out as one of my least favorites last season and became one of my favorites this season. ill miss it when it's over.
My 2023 candies:
Sep 20, 2023 5:55 PM
Sep 2014
If the previous episodes weren't proof enough that Sariphi is a perfect shojo heroine, this episode, man, this episode...
Sep 20, 2023 8:21 PM

Jun 2021
Nice to see the birth origin of Leo. Now he is back to his beast form.
Sep 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Oct 2012
What an episode! Got a lot, from Leo's origins finally revealed and now everyone from past eps are coming back to support our king, including the human side!
Had a feeling Abi was truly on Leo's side, but it still felt slightly questionable when questioning Sarifi. It all turned out alright tho.
But Princess Amit proving to be more than just a side chara. Go girl! Love everyone and can't wait for the finale. Time for Set to step down
Sep 21, 2023 5:30 PM

Mar 2008
Pretty intense an episode.

That story from the archpriest Capel about Leo's origin kind of confused me since the subs dialogue didnt match with the visuals quite right. When he said "his highness had secretly fled to Yoana and sired a child there" was the previous king his dad or was it his brother is his real dad so the previous king was actually Leos uncle? Calling him "his highness" is what made me unsure of who was being spoken of. The visual seemed to show a silhouette of someone other than the previous king but it's hard to tell for sure. It being the brother of the previous king would make the most sense and would explain why there is no official record.

I guess that explains why Anubis seemed recently to stand for nothing. He was just upset feeling like he wasnt as close to Leonhart as he had thought he was because he was left out on something so big as him being half human which is like a betrayal for all the time and effort he's dedicated to him but later he felt like he was being stupid after Sariphi showed she was able to accept both halves of him as a whole instead of just loving one side of him. He probably felt he should do a better job at showing his dedication through.

MomoSinX said:
Fire episode yo. So Anubis was really playing 5d chess after all.

Lol he just had his feelings hurt and was throwing a violent tantrum only to later come to his senses.

KennaIsANerd said:
n amazing episode and it's not even the finale. how could the last episode possibly top this? i know the trope of all the allies and friends made along the way coming together to fight for one common goal is cheesy, but im an absolute sucker for it. and seeing everyone turn on set really made me so happy.

this show started out as one of my least favorites last season and became one of my favorites this season. ill miss it when it's over.

I dont see it as cheesy here being that they arent just helping out a friend or ally they also are acting in the best interest of eachother so it is perfectly logical and not some random appearance but yes Sariphi helped win their favour too which plays some role for the upper castes retaliation but the lower castes would have retaliated against Set regardless. They all know what kind of tyranny is going on. Though seems a little odd the anti monarchists havent taken advantage of the situation yet though they are more the plotting kind not the battle kind so i guess it is fine narrative wise they havent shown up.
traedSep 21, 2023 5:33 PM
Sep 22, 2023 3:48 AM
Sep 2014
Reply to Marinate1016
Incredible episode. Between this, Watakon and BSD we ate so good today.

Finally we know the truth of Set and Leo’s origins. Capel being tied up all that time and tortured must have been horrible, but at long last he can finally rest in peace.

So, as we pretty much already knew, Leo is not the former king’s son. He’s actually his nephew. The politics and culture of Ozmargo were really messed up before Leo. I mean banishing the younger brother just because he can’t be king, and then getting mad that he had a kid with a human? You don’t want him to rule, don’t want him to live, cmon

Lowkey, when you objectively think about it, it’s understandable that Set hates Leo and wants the throne. Here he is the actual son of the king and instead of going to him as heir they go get a half human nephew. I mean wars in Europe were fought for very similar reasons in the past.

The reality is, Set deserved to have been treated better by his father and not shunned. It doesn’t excuse his actions now, instead of doing things this way he could’ve just came to Leo man to man and talked about things, but it does contextualise them. Does he deserve objectively deserve to be king? Tough to say, but he certainly has shown he doesn’t have the temperament to lead and doesn’t value his own would be subjects. Ozmargo is better off with someone like Leo who values equality and fairness.

Ngl the fact that had Sariphi not given Anubis that answer he would’ve potentially killed her and really turned on Leo is wild. They’re supposed to be best friends and have been through so much together, yet the appearance of Set and his vitriol was all it took for Anubis to switch sides. Don’t feel bad for what happened to him at the end at all 🤷🏾‍♂️ the hypocrisy of it all is also hilarious. He’s mad at Sariphi for potentially only liking the king because he was human but he literally only served him because he was a beast. Projecting hard as hell.

The Yamamoto OST combined with the scenes of all the allies Sariphi has made over the course of the series coming to aid she and Leo in their time of need was awesome. Every beast and human she’s touched came in clutch at the end. This is why it’s important to never burn bridges, never know when you’ll need allies lol.

Well done Sariphi to stand up to set and call him out on his nonsense.

Can’t wait for the finale next week
@Marinate1016

This episode's dialogue with Sariphi revealed that Anubis felt betrayed by Leo cause they have been friends for pretty much their whole lives and he was absolutely loyal to him yet Leo never revealed his secret to him. No wonder he started questioning Sari about everything, sincerity of her feelings for Leo included, since everything felt like a lie to him after this reveal.

And his latter dialogue with Set implies he was being a double agent from the start so the wholse situation is probably a mix of that and him throwing a tantrum.
Sep 22, 2023 7:16 AM

Feb 2019
apokaliz500 said:
@Marinate1016

This episode's dialogue with Sariphi revealed that Anubis felt betrayed by Leo cause they have been friends for pretty much their whole lives and he was absolutely loyal to him yet Leo never revealed his secret to him. No wonder he started questioning Sari about everything, sincerity of her feelings for Leo included, since everything felt like a lie to him after this reveal.

And his latter dialogue with Set implies he was being a double agent from the start so the wholse situation is probably a mix of that and him throwing a tantrum.

It doesn’t really matter tbh, a real friend would understand the reason that Leo wouldn’t reveal that. Take Jormugand’s response for example. He doesn’t even bat an eye and continues serving his king. Humans were hated, of course he’s not going to reveal that. Sariphi only knew because she was intended to be a sacrifice and is his literal fiancé. Friends keep secrets sometimes, doesn’t mean I’m going to support their murder.

I don’t think the dialogue confirms him being a double agent. We hear his monologue during the episode when he’s got the knife to Sari’s neck. Had she not given an answer he liked he really would’ve killed her
Sep 22, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2014
Reply to Marinate1016
apokaliz500 said:
@Marinate1016

It doesn’t really matter tbh, a real friend would understand the reason that Leo wouldn’t reveal that. Take Jormugand’s response for example. He doesn’t even bat an eye and continues serving his king. Humans were hated, of course he’s not going to reveal that. Sariphi only knew because she was intended to be a sacrifice and is his literal fiancé. Friends keep secrets sometimes, doesn’t mean I’m going to support their murder.

I don’t think the dialogue confirms him being a double agent. We hear his monologue during the episode when he’s got the knife to Sari’s neck. Had she not given an answer he liked he really would’ve killed her
Marinate1016 said:

Just because you understand something, it doesn't mean you can't be hurt by that. I'm not saying Leo keeping a secret is a good reason to act the way Anubis did but it's understandable at least. And it does matter because it means Anubis didn't join Set out of spite for Leo's human identity but over hurt feelings.

I woulnd't say the dialogue confirms that Anubis was a double agent but it does imply that. I mean either Anubis is straight up lying to Set and everyone else when he says he's not betraying him since he was never on his side or that's what actually happened.

Also before we shit on Anubis for his actions this arc, it'd be nice to remember he already put his own life on the line for Leo on multiple occasions before.
Sep 22, 2023 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
apokaliz500 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Just because you understand something, it doesn't mean you can't be hurt by that. I'm not saying Leo keeping a secret is a good reason to act the way Anubis did but it's understandable at least. And it does matter because it means Anubis didn't join Set out of spite for Leo's human identity but over hurt feelings.

I woulnd't say the dialogue confirms that Anubis was a double agent but it does imply that. I mean either Anubis is straight up lying to Set and everyone else when he says he's not betraying him since he was never on his side or that's what actually happened.

You’re entitled to your opinion 👌
Sep 22, 2023 8:34 AM
Dec 2022
This episode really had some deep impact!! To think Leo was the child of the late kings brother who mated with a human and that the last person who knew that secret was locked away!! Leo sure is the rightful king, not only does he want other species living happy together, he wanted everyone to not feel bad about what you are and take pride for living just as you are! I especially love that Sariphi would love him whether he had human blood or not, that she called Leo the name she gave him in front of people, and that she pointed out what Set is doing is so wrong that it's like how he was treated himself. Talk about irony. Now that Leonhart's back to his beast form, he can teach Set a lesson!
Sep 22, 2023 3:07 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Phantom_373
This better get a season 2
@Phantom_373 I think it adapted the whole manga so the next episode will probably be the last.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Sep 23, 2023 4:11 PM
Mar 2022
DGHJSAGDJHSAD

Those are my thoughts thank you
Jan 26, 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
Despite the drama at the end I just couldn't stop laughing. Set, bruh, not only did every beast-lord choose to go against you, even humans joined forces with them to topple you. Imagine being this unpopular. Should've stayed quite in the dungeon my dude. Ouch...
Jun 16, 9:28 AM

Dec 2022
Oh man, I'm giddy that they brought back the naval units. And while I know they pledged loyalty to the king, I think we -all- know they pledged themselves to the queen for her actions.

Really nice to see that pretty much most of the other vassal kingdoms also decided to tell Set to screw himself, but Sarbul's was pretty much the gem right there. Why accept racial discrimination when it'll hurt the kids who have no choice in how they're born?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Niehime to Kemono no Ou Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 24, 2023

17 by antoninus_v »»
Jun 16, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Niehime to Kemono no Ou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

60 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jun 15, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Niehime to Kemono no Ou Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 17, 2023

12 by antoninus_v »»
Jun 12, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Niehime to Kemono no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

7 by antoninus_v »»
Jun 8, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Niehime to Kemono no Ou Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2023

20 by damoInstinct »»
Jun 1, 5:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.