Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2023 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
Just like all anime, Yuri will appeal to some more so than others. I'm happy to say, that I'm not prejudice towards the genre and thanks to that, I've come across some brilliant shows.
Sep 19, 2023 10:37 PM

Aug 2016
I avoid it most of time, but I might give it a chance once in a while. Said this, not that against yuri enjoyers as long as they are doing it for some unapologetic fetish reasons.
:v
Sep 20, 2023 12:03 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Reply to WaffleMaster89
@Jonas-K I think this answer the OP's question lol.

But in all serious just looking at statistics and the general internet culture surrounding yuri anime shows that men are the main consumers of it, backed up by the fact that more straight men exist in the world then lesbian and bi women.
@WaffleMaster89 The statistics I've read shows a 55/45 split in favour of non-heterosexual women over heterosexual men.
Sep 20, 2023 2:45 AM
Jun 2021
The answer is a clear yes. Yuri appeals to the male brain (we're talking heterosexual males) in the same way harems do. Back in the days of polygyny, it's likely that some women resorted to lesbianism for appealing to their man.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Sep 20, 2023 2:57 AM

Apr 2018
I'm not watchin Yaoi neither Yuri. ( but i'm not against people watching them ). But i had watch some yuri once and it's not my cup of tea.

I prefer watching STRAIGHT(men and woman) stuff.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 20, 2023 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
Nah I never found yuri or girl-on-girl action hot. It actually baffles me how guys watch yuri in anime/hentai and go "Ohhhh yeah this is the stuff". I don't see the appeal in them either way
خ
Sep 21, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
I don't watch or like Yuri and I know nobody that does. I guess it's the case where a loud minority changes the perception of an entire group? Yep. Definitely a loud and obnoxious minority are really into Yuri as evidenced by the comments above. Kind of similar to Yaoi I guess.

Personally I'm not into yuri because I have too much testosterone to self-insert into any of the characters, thus making it unenjoyable for me.
removed-userSep 21, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 21, 2023 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a man and I watch yuri. But I don't seek it out on purpose. If I find it boring, I drop it like any other anime.
Sep 22, 2023 2:31 AM

Jan 2013
What the fuck is this armchair yuri theorizing. lmao
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 22, 2023 5:44 AM
Jul 2020
idk shit about this genre but i know one thing about this kinds of relationship whoever hits their own wife the hardest wins.
Sep 22, 2023 7:01 AM

May 2015
Yuri nowadays seems more oriented toward males and a lot of them are actually written/drawn by males (sadly mostly the low quality ones). Anime made me interested in and like GL content as a male, the problem with yuri anime is that a lot of them are pretty low quality work, at least worse than the GL stories you could watch in live movies.
IshitatesoSep 22, 2023 7:05 AM
Sep 22, 2023 9:09 AM

Sep 2014
I self-insert into lesbian characters quite easily as a result of my burning passion for cute anime girls. They could turn every male characters to female in anime and I would only be happy about it.

Men who prefer watching anime boys on screen are gays. Even straight romance is kind of gay since it requires to see a man's pov. Or even worse, self-inserting into a man. Ew, disgusting.
Sep 22, 2023 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
Very few actually do, but if women in yuri anime look like those bombshell ladies from Tenjho Tenge, then a broad audience would be certain.

TBQH, my jaw dropped when I watched that babe Chiaki (a total bombshell when her manga overalls were more detailed) arousing Aya Natsume so playfully. In the manga, that arousal was more explicit.
Sep 22, 2023 11:42 AM

Jan 2021
I have never wanted to watch yuri, neither do I want to now

I don't mind lack of yuri content
Sep 22, 2023 11:45 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to KryzakamiHrybami
I self-insert into lesbian characters quite easily as a result of my burning passion for cute anime girls. They could turn every male characters to female in anime and I would only be happy about it.

Men who prefer watching anime boys on screen are gays. Even straight romance is kind of gay since it requires to see a man's pov. Or even worse, self-inserting into a man. Ew, disgusting.
KryzakamiHrybami said:

Just read/watch straight romance with a female protagonist, EZ Clap.
Sep 22, 2023 11:45 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
Yuri is kinda weird as unlike with gay men where there's yaoi (made for women primarily) and bara (made for gay men primarily), yuri is a catchall term for ANYTHING lesbian regardless of demographic. There are shonen yuri, seinen yuri, shoujo yuri, and josei yuri that all fall under the same umbrella term. It's very weird to be honest. Yuri content does tend to be popular with men as heterosexual men have a tendency to fetishize WLW relationships which can be rather uncomfortable.
@LSSJ_Gaming First, Yuri originally targets a female audience. Then over time this becomes as neutral as men watching Shoujo, a demographic that is supposed to target women.

Second, anyone who filters romances in general and is mainly looking for a romantic relationship between lesbians is already oriented to enjoy the content in relation to that. Whatever you say, calling this something about heterosexual men, is an excuse not to admit that you are going to the same goal that you accuse the content of for "not being" your orientation. And yes, I imply here that anyone regardless of their sexuality has the right to fetishize something that fits their fantasy.

The irony of this is that I am supposed to defend my LGBT peers for demanding their right to greater sexual freedom to choose whatever fantasy they want, including fiction. But instead, I'm also defending straight men for consuming lesbian work that a group of lesbians/pansexuals on a forum seem to disagree with lmao
Years ago it would be the opposite, but now it seems that we are more inclusive and open even outside of the sexuality we define.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Sep 22, 2023 12:13 PM
Aug 2014
yuri and gay shit is trash and so are you if you enjoy that shit
Sep 26, 2023 10:40 PM
Jul 2021
Depends on how it's used, yuri that's used entirely as fan service like in Cross Ange is kino, but when they delve deeper into the relationship aspect it gets cringe.
Sep 27, 2023 12:12 AM
Jul 2019
I have seen exactly one: "Asagao to Kase-san" I think was the name. It was half-decent. Didn't ignite any fire within me. Will not revisit the Yuri genre for a long time, if I ever go back to it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

24 by Piromysl »»
50 seconds ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

83 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

91 by Ricchan__ »»
4 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 4 hours ago

14 by Pixel_Vapour »»
11 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.