Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2023 8:01 AM

Dec 2020
So this will adapt the original one-shot and there's still a season 2 inbound (whenever it may come).
Sep 16, 2023 8:26 AM
May 2013
vaedeer said:
there's still a season 2 inbound

is there even material for a s2?
Sep 16, 2023 9:07 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to rtil
vaedeer said:

is there even material for a s2?
@rtil No and doubt Kubo is going to start writing more until the last season of TYBW Bleach's production.
Sep 16, 2023 9:18 AM
Mar 2014
Yesssirrrr Kubo fans are eating good!!!
Sep 16, 2023 9:32 AM

Jan 2021
vaedeer said:
Bro there's literally no more manga chapters after where the movie left, what season 2 do you even mean?
Sep 16, 2023 9:48 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Ionliosite2
vaedeer said:
Bro there's literally no more manga chapters after where the movie left, what season 2 do you even mean?
Ionliosite2 said:

Season 2 was confirmed back in 2020 by Kubo. Then he got busy with Bleach TYBW and won't be working on anything else until the anime finishes.
Sep 16, 2023 10:01 AM
Jan 2018
It’s probably the original one shot prequel
Sep 16, 2023 10:08 AM

Aug 2020
This one will adapt the one shot, and when will the story keep going through the other chapters I wonder...? The manga is still ongoing.

Anyways, nice to have this news while Bleach is airing.

Sep 16, 2023 10:19 AM
Jan 2014
Ionliosite2 said:
vaedeer said:

You act like it's impossible to write a season 2, like no more Burn the Witch can exist in the universe because God willed it.
Sep 16, 2023 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly it was always weird to me that anime skipped original one-shot (they would have nice 5 ep and not 4), from what I remember they even added some scenes from one-shot in anime so how this "BtW 0.8" will even look like?

Black60Dragon said:

Ionliosite2 said:

You act like it's impossible to write a season 2, like no more Burn the Witch can exist in the universe because God willed it.

Sorry to tell you but last BtW chapter was published over 3 years ago. For comparison HxH longest hiatus was 4 years long.

So will there be second season? Maybe... Probably (no one is denying this) but if anyone knows only Kubo knows when... even those 2nd season pages/panels were basically Kubo's BSing because WSJ wanted some "teaser" at the end.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 16, 2023 3:42 PM

Aug 2011
Sep 16, 2023 4:09 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to Zane_0
THE MOVIE VERSION DIDN'T ADAPT KUBO ONE SHOT?
@Zane_0 The other 4 chapters were adapted.
Sep 16, 2023 11:11 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Ionliosite2
vaedeer said:
@Ionliosite2 - Kubo practically released Manga chapter 2 to 5 just a month before the Anime adaptation was released in theaters, so it's no biggie.

He already done sketches for new chapters after the first Manga volume. He said he wanted to take his sweet time without any pressure. So my guess he'll release the new chapters at the same time as the Anime for S2 would come about, like what happened with the first movie. Like a real collaboration with Studio Colorado.
Sep 17, 2023 9:29 AM

May 2009
Guys Kubo meant the manga's season 2.
Sep 17, 2023 1:46 PM
Jan 2014
Reply to Nieznajomy43
Honestly it was always weird to me that anime skipped original one-shot (they would have nice 5 ep and not 4), from what I remember they even added some scenes from one-shot in anime so how this "BtW 0.8" will even look like?

Black60Dragon said:

Ionliosite2 said:

Sorry to tell you but last BtW chapter was published over 3 years ago. For comparison HxH longest hiatus was 4 years long.

So will there be second season? Maybe... Probably (no one is denying this) but if anyone knows only Kubo knows when... even those 2nd season pages/panels were basically Kubo's BSing because WSJ wanted some "teaser" at the end.
@Nieznajomy43 You like I didn't already know that. Dragon Ball's last chapter was 20 years ago, it still got new chapters in 2015. I don't understand the comparison. If it does well, people like it, people want more, they will make more. Kinda how this works lol.
Sep 17, 2023 2:26 PM
Sep 2023
I'm sure this is just a 1 episode prequel anime (the addition of 0.8 is not without reason). There is still a lot that has not been explained in the previous film, such as what dragons and watchers are and what their relationship is with the Bleach universe. Even though it's only one episode, this is one step to see the development of the universe that Tite Kubo will create

And the timeline for 'Burn the Witches' is not yet clear. I think the timeline can be realized after waiting for the hell arc to be worked on (or is it a bit of a spoiler from this prequel?)
Sep 18, 2023 10:10 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Ionliosite2
vaedeer said:
@Ionliosite2 he most likely means season 2 of the manga. The first vollume (with the oneshot ) was called season 1 and season of the manga was announced at the end. It was referred to as a season because of how a batch of chapters was released over a few weeks instead of it being a continuous ongoing
Sep 18, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2015
damn! i definitely wasnt expecting this.
My Candies:
Sep 19, 2023 11:20 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to Nieznajomy43

Black60Dragon said:

Ionliosite2 said:

@Nieznajomy43 other things went on an even longer hiatus. I think loveless was up there with a similar length of time... Also, the gundam seed movie announced and then forgotten since like 2005 is being released in 2024. gundam seed freedom

literally anything is possible.

Not to mention BTW has a genuine reason for hiatus-- Kubo working with TYBW anime. Then assume BTW after that.

Also, BTW was a movie not originally in episodes as far as I'm aware. And 3, not 4.

Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2019
well well well. it was short and enjoyable. i hope to get to see more blonde mage Rin Thosaka

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Oct 23, 2023 4:08 AM

Nov 2007
additional cast
December 29, 2023
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/546202
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Burn the Witch #0.8 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2023

63 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 7, 7:14 PM

» New KV & PV

Etherius_ZS - Oct 23, 2023

1 by deg »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.