Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2018
And that's the end. At least the characters got a decent send-off. That final page showing all of them in the picture one last time was nice. It's really sad that we won't be able to see more of Himeki. I enjoyed the manga. Granted there were things they should have thought through before but I still liked the manga and the characters.

There will be an extra chapter in November and will be out on Jump+. The duo will be back too with a one-shot in a Jump Giga issue that comes out next year I think. It's gonna be a long wait to get another serialized series from them.
Sep 8, 2023 10:08 AM
Aug 2021
I’m really confused. Where are people reading this last chapter? It’s not out on the Shounen Jump app or MangaPlus
Sep 8, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 2022
ralph367 said:
I’m really confused. Where are people reading this last chapter? It’s not out on the Shounen Jump app or MangaPlus

The magazine takes a little while to be translated. If you want to read it as soon as it comes out you need to read on scanlation sites
Sep 8, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2023
is this manga really getting over??😭 I really loved the story and characters of this manga and I enjoyed reading it 😭😭😢
Sep 8, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2018
I figured it would only go on for this long. The writing was either intentionally slow or was just too slow paced for Jump. Great read
Sep 8, 2023 1:20 PM
Aug 2020
radarssbm said:
ralph367 said:

The magazine takes a little while to be translated. If you want to read it as soon as it comes out you need to read on scanlation sites

can you give us a site?
Sep 10, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2021
It's over.
I am sad to see this part without having seen what The Fang was and the mystery behind Tenmaku's death but at least it was a decent send-off.
Best of luck to Tsukuda sensei and Saeki sensei for their next work.
Sep 10, 2023 8:06 AM
May 2021
Had a good start overall but yh pants ending sad that it got axed but yh bye tenmaku cinemas will probably forget u ever existed unfortunately.
Sep 10, 2023 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Sigh, still can't believe this wasn't a success but oh well. It was great to see them together one last time. I hope we get something good in the extra chapter and looking forward to the duo's next work next year.
Sep 10, 2023 8:22 AM
Nov 2019
i expected this to succeed tbh but it ended good too, i still would recommend it to anyone looking for a short story
Sep 10, 2023 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
They finished the fang! ToT
The art was really good this chapter

Seeing this being axed is so sad.
I'm gonna miss Shinichi, Himeki and the gang
9/10

Looking forward to the mangaka's next works
Sep 10, 2023 8:38 AM
Mar 2022
It ended or I shall say curse WSJ to axe this fine piece. I was already attached to these characters but even though it has such an interesting original plot filled with immersive story telling but still..... Definitely gonna miss it even it was a short run.
Author duo has to speedrun the story just to fit the ending. I guess we won't be founding out Tenmaku's backstory, seeing Shinichi growing as a director and how Himeki become world famous actress.
Just..... uhh the WSJ for axing it, and by axing such diverse series they are just contributing to mediocrity. By next year MHA and JJK will be ending, black clover has already transferred and once the one piece ends in couple of years, WSJ will won't be having any good series if it keeps on axing such diverse series just because they didn't performed that well. Imagine judging different paced series with same metric. Anyways most of the new series which survived are either mediocre or filled with demon hunting shits.
Enough with gripes, a really good manga which I enjoyed since day 1. I loved food wars and the narration of duo in it as well as Tenmaku cinema so for now looking forward to extra chapter which is scheduled in November ig in SJ+. And I wish good luck to the food wars duo for their new work which they are going to publish in spring 2024. Hopefully it bangs, either way looking forward to it.
soma_ITBSep 10, 2023 8:51 AM
Sep 10, 2023 8:43 AM
Aug 2022
DarkHumor04 said:
It's over.
I am sad to see this part without having seen what The Fang was and the mystery behind Tenmaku's death but at least it was a decent send-off.

They're not your senseis. If you're going to use honorifics, at least do it right.
Sep 10, 2023 8:45 AM
Aug 2022
soma_ITB said:
It ended or I shall say curse WSJ to axe this fine piece. I was already attached to these characters but even though it has such an interesting original plot filled with immersive story telling but still..... Definitely gonna miss it even it was a short run.
Author duo has to speedrun the story just to fit the ending. I guess we won't be founding out Tenmaku's backstory, seeing Shinichi growing as a director and how Himeki become world famous actress.
Just sink the WSJ for axing it, and by axing such diverse series they are just contributing to mediocrity. By next year MHA and JJK will be ending, black clover has already transferred and once the one piece ends in couple of years, WSJ will won't be having any good series if it keeps on axing such diverse series just because they didn't performed that well. Imagine judging different paced series with same metric. Anyways most of the new series which survived are either mediocre or filled with demon hunting shits.
Enough with gripes, a really good manga which I enjoyed since day 1. I loved food wars and the narration of duo in it as well as Tenmaku cinema so for now looking forward to extra chapter which is scheduled in November ig in SJ+. And I wish good luck to the food wars duo for their new work which they are going to publish in spring 2024. Hopefully it bangs, either way looking forward to it.

"curse WSJ"
yeah, curse the magazine that has helped create so many great series. Only people you can blame are the ones not reading it.
Sep 10, 2023 8:45 AM

Aug 2020
Rip,I hope this duo brings back new manga soon with as enjoying character and story as this,surely gonna miss himeki.
Sep 10, 2023 8:47 AM

May 2020
Yeah if only Tenmaku was a big breasted woman, or we would've had fanservice as one of the crucial themes, bet they would've survived. The duo or who so ever plans thing should've put some serious thought lol.

Though since it wasn't any of that, here came the inevitable axe. As predictable as it was, they won the contest, mother had a heart change and it concluded as happily and rushed as it could've.

Honestly, was liking this but guess folks in japan with their idol stuff and incest did not, at all. Unfortunate, but that's how it goes.
Sep 10, 2023 8:49 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to DayRivia
soma_ITB said:
Just sink the WSJ for axing it, and by axing such diverse series they are just contributing to mediocrity. By next year MHA and JJK will be ending, black clover has already transferred and once the one piece ends in couple of years, WSJ will won't be having any good series if it keeps on axing such diverse series just because they didn't performed that well. Imagine judging different paced series with same metric. Anyways most of the new series which survived are either mediocre or filled with demon hunting shits.

"curse WSJ"
yeah, curse the magazine that has helped create so many great series. Only people you can blame are the ones not reading it.
@DayRivia why I should blame the ppl who didn't read it??? It's their choice after all. Neither I'm blaming WSJ whole heartedly. I'm just disappointed they axed such a fine series which provides a fresh breath in currently oversaturated monotonous WSJ lineup.
Sep 10, 2023 8:54 AM
Aug 2022
soma_ITB said:
@DayRivia why I should blame the ppl who didn't read it??? It's their choice after all. Neither I'm blaming WSJ whole heartedly. I'm just disappointed they axed such a fine series which provides a fresh breath in currently oversaturated monotonous WSJ lineup.

I think we need more behind the scenes to tell the true story here. I'm sure the authors also decided and agreed with WSJ to end it. Because why wouldn't they just move it to another magazine or jump+.
Sep 10, 2023 9:21 AM
Jul 2021
I’m genuinely sad to see a series that was good and had loads of more potential leaving the magazine again. Why does shueisha have to keep on doing this?????
Sep 10, 2023 9:35 AM
Aug 2020
I really enjoyed this. Would’ve happily followed them making another movie.
Sep 10, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to soma_ITB
Just..... uhh the WSJ for axing it, and by axing such diverse series they are just contributing to mediocrity. By next year MHA and JJK will be ending, black clover has already transferred and once the one piece ends in couple of years, WSJ will won't be having any good series if it keeps on axing such diverse series just because they didn't performed that well. Imagine judging different paced series with same metric. Anyways most of the new series which survived are either mediocre or filled with demon hunting shits.
@soma_ITB I agree
Sep 10, 2023 11:19 AM
Feb 2021
This series could have definitely gone on much longer, but I'm glad the ending it got was as good as this
Sep 10, 2023 11:46 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to Softhenic03
Yeah if only Tenmaku was a big breasted woman, or we would've had fanservice as one of the crucial themes, bet they would've survived. The duo or who so ever plans thing should've put some serious thought lol.

Though since it wasn't any of that, here came the inevitable axe. As predictable as it was, they won the contest, mother had a heart change and it concluded as happily and rushed as it could've.

Honestly, was liking this but guess folks in japan with their idol stuff and incest did not, at all. Unfortunate, but that's how it goes.
@Softhenic03 Tenmaku Cinema actually quite famous with fujoshi at first, but then Tenma appeared in Kill Blue, and Kyokotsu appeared in Nue's Exorcist
Sep 10, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2008
Damn and I was really into this one! Was hoping that’d make it a couple volumes longer at least 😭
Sep 10, 2023 1:23 PM

Apr 2021
tears in my eyes fuck you Shonen Jump and Hiroyuki Nakano.

Great finale, this was one of the few series from the new batch that i liked, rly gonna miss it.
Sep 10, 2023 1:31 PM

Mar 2019
I was sad to see this finish, I almost cried a few times reading this. Would have loved to have more of an idea of how Tenmaku died, but besides that I liked the ending.
Sep 10, 2023 1:39 PM

Mar 2020
If this ever comes to the West I am definitely picking it up
oyasumi punpun header | Goodnight punpun, Oyasumi punpun, Cute wallpapers
Sep 10, 2023 2:09 PM

May 2010
Sad to see this one go. I loved it top to bottom. In its entirety it works as a standalone story but the ending stings because they tease us with what clearly could have been more. This could have been something grand and they clearly had more planned but now this will just be a hidden gem in the shonen flop catalog.
Sep 10, 2023 3:01 PM

Mar 2015
and that's all. it has unique premise but didn't do anything interesting with it. i personally still like it but understandable not many people invested enough to save the series. 7/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 10, 2023 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, another decent series got its legged chopped off by the axe before it could run. At least the writer/artist know enough to make it a decent ending even if it didn't go as long as they planned
Sep 10, 2023 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
Wouldn't careless if the axe is because of the duo, because I really did enjoy Food Wars (Though final arc was something), it kept me hook with all the competition galore and there are some well written characters there. While this one is just nowhere near due to the lack of creativity that Food Wars had to keep me constantly hook as a weekly reader or author meant to keep this series short? Even if it's kept short, at least it didn't feel like a speed-run that had happened with the last few chapters lol but the axe made me really wonder what is "The Shore" because it was never really depicted properly, but I get it, it's all about a girl who was abandoned by her mother but hopes for them to reunite in order to rekindle, but that plan didn't work out once the girl sees her mother being happy without her, the girl has to accept that not everything is on line. Overall though, the technical aspects were fun to learn but the characters were very flat (w exception of Himeki who had a soul to keep the plot progressing). Had some great ideas but missed the mark to invest me compared to likes of Act-age and Hikaru no go.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 10, 2023 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to soma_ITB
@soma_ITB
Because...
It's the ppl who aren't reading it and that's why they decided to axe it....
Cause it's.not popular

Also bro really calling modern jump monotonous when dude probably just reads the big series lmao

Cause akane
Yozakura
Undead
And Sakamoto
Totally monotonous
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 10, 2023 4:57 PM
Mar 2021
It seems really weird to me when people curse wsj.
Tenmaku Ciname was not popular , it sold terribly and its rankings were pretty bad .
Wsj is widely known to be very strict and it was the duo's choice to publish tenmaku cinema in wsj , they took the risk and it did not work out.
Sep 10, 2023 5:48 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Mei-o_Scarlett
@soma_ITB
Because...
It's the ppl who aren't reading it and that's why they decided to axe it....
Cause it's.not popular

Also bro really calling modern jump monotonous when dude probably just reads the big series lmao

Cause akane
Yozakura
Undead
And Sakamoto
Totally monotonous
@Mei-o_Scarlett na only akane and sakamoto blue box are good, other 2 are just uhh. Aside for them I don't see anything much ichinose literally fell of, cipher gonna axed to along with do retry and other shits.
Sep 10, 2023 7:17 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to MG_Othinus
@Softhenic03 Tenmaku Cinema actually quite famous with fujoshi at first, but then Tenma appeared in Kill Blue, and Kyokotsu appeared in Nue's Exorcist
@MG_Othinus which chapters were they in
Sep 10, 2023 8:11 PM

Dec 2021
it ended in a good but weird way? im not sure how to feel because i did like reading it every week.
Sep 11, 2023 1:09 AM
Jun 2015
Great last chapter!
What a shame it got axed but the writer definitly choked that one! He completely blew the potential, Jesus Christ
Still a fun and solid ride! I am happy it will get at least aonther Bonus chapter! I really loved the cast other then the ghost, Tenmaku should have been a big titty airhead mommy, with the same backstroy and I bet it would have sold much better.
Well neverthless I am looking forward to November to read the extra chapter!
Sep 11, 2023 1:13 AM

Mar 2016
Need the artist to work with a different writer who knows how to handle a story.
Sep 11, 2023 6:15 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to InuDog
@MG_Othinus which chapters were they in
@InuDog I think Tenma debuts in chapter 10 or somewhere around that while Kyokotsu debut in chapter 6
Sep 11, 2023 7:24 AM

May 2021
Reply to DayRivia
DarkHumor04 said:
It's over.

They're not your senseis. If you're going to use honorifics, at least do it right.
@DayRivia Sure buddy, you seem like an expert in Japanese culture so hope you don't mind enlightening me on what offended you about my seemingly harmless reply
Sep 11, 2023 7:55 AM
Aug 2022
DarkHumor04 said:
@DayRivia Sure buddy, you seem like an expert in Japanese culture so hope you don't mind enlightening me on what offended you about my seemingly harmless reply

Not offended. I just couldn't help but cringe at your original comment. You're calling people you've never met, sensei. Idk what's controversial about my original reply. If you're going to use words, use them right. Right?
Sep 11, 2023 4:25 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to DayRivia
soma_ITB said:

I think we need more behind the scenes to tell the true story here. I'm sure the authors also decided and agreed with WSJ to end it. Because why wouldn't they just move it to another magazine or jump+.
@DayRivia

Because moving series to different magazine is quite rare.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 12, 2023 1:47 AM
Jul 2020
DayRivia said:
DarkHumor04 said:

Not offended. I just couldn't help but cringe at your original comment. You're calling people you've never met, sensei. Idk what's controversial about my original reply. If you're going to use words, use them right. Right?

It is a correct way of using sensei though, you don't have to have met the person to use it that way.
Sep 12, 2023 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
Sad to see it end so soon but it was a pretty good wrap up all things considered. Gonna miss it though.
Oct 6, 2023 5:46 AM
Nov 2020
There was still so much to say in this story! We couldn't find out what happened to Tenmaku, the reason behind his sudden death. It was a good story, I liked it a lot. At least, I'm happy that the author managed to make a good ending, despite the few chapters. Thank you, sensei ♡
Oct 17, 2023 4:21 AM
Apr 2021
Awww I’m so sad it’s over and that it got got axed man it’s such a good story☹️and I loved the photo they took at the end it was really hear touching🥹🥹
Oct 22, 2023 8:26 PM

Apr 2022
i wasn't too much of a fan but bit of a shame since this was kinda interesting and there's a bunch of worse stuff still publishing lol, at least they finished their movie though.that being said, still a forgettable series, nothing too interesting happened so i can't blame em for axing it. need more cinema related manga still.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenmaku Cinema Chapter 24 Discussion

betarunner - Dec 4, 2023

0 by betarunner »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:20 PM

» Epilogue chapter

ARK-13 - Nov 1, 2023

4 by _just_why »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:02 PM

Poll: » Tenmaku Cinema Chapter 22 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 1, 2023

0 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:32 PM

» Axed

ARK-13 - Sep 5, 2023

22 by Kuma »»
Oct 13, 2023 11:53 PM

Poll: » Tenmaku Cinema Chapter 1 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 9, 2023

29 by mr_steal_your_ai »»
Sep 9, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.