Forum Settings
Forums

why are fujoshi fans hated? and what is the similar term for male yuri fans? if there is why its not popular and being hated too?

New
do you hate fujoshis?
always
19.4%
often
3.8%
sometimes
15.0%
rarely
18.8%
never
33.8%
i do not know
9.4%
160 votes
Aug 8, 2023 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
ye title says it all and dont forget to vote in the poll

i vote rarely so rare i forgot why i was angry
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2023 7:35 AM

May 2019
I wouldn't know i mostly watch hentai and ecchi.
Aug 8, 2023 7:49 AM

Oct 2016
The male equivalent for fujoshi is fudanshi, for yaoi I think. You might want to check this for a little more about your question.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-term-for-Fujoshi-Fudanshi-in-Yuri-anime-manga

They are not as hated because they are more rare or at least nowhere near as vocal as fujoshis, who are hated because some of them can't separate fiction from reality. Or at least so it was years ago, I don't know if it still happens.
Aug 8, 2023 7:50 AM

Jan 2009
CaptainKenshiro said:
The male equivalent for fujoshi is fudanshi, for yaoi I think. You might want to check this for a little more about your question.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-term-for-Fujoshi-Fudanshi-in-Yuri-anime-manga

They are not as hated because they are more rare or at least nowhere near as vocal as fujoshis, who are hated because some of them can't separate fiction from reality. Or at least so it was years ago, I don't know if it still happens.

i meant male yuri fans equivalent word for fujoshi

and isnt male yuri fans go overboard sometimes too?
Aug 8, 2023 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
songwheel said:
Women usually receive higher consideration by other people. A woman who pretended to be a man so she could see what it was like to be a man in this world ended her life by assisted suicide a year ago. A man's genuine tears are something that people laugh at, while a woman's fake tears are taken seriously by almost everybody. We therefore respond more harshly when a woman expresses interest in something repugnant and depraved than we do when a man shows interest in something perverted. A man's interest in yuri is also more normal and reasonable going by common sense. A woman's interest in boys love is usually much more indicative of some kind of serious psychological bullshit lying underneath.

whats this psychological bullshit lying underneath among or some fujoshis? and why its not common sense than mans interest in yuri?

is this the stereotype that males are sex machines and women are purity?
Aug 8, 2023 8:08 AM

Apr 2022
Wasnt there a thread with the exact same question that had many pages answering the exact same thing and that got locked because of controversy?

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

Aug 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
Sylpheline said:
Wasnt there a thread with the exact same question that had many pages answering the exact same thing and that got locked because of controversy?

i do not know im not a frequent AD user and moderators did say they still allow controversial threads on AD as long as it stays civil
Aug 8, 2023 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
It's just a loud relatively small minority of homophobes.

That being said I can't stand it either, when straights use queer people as their fetish and don't treat them human in a way that...a gay friend experienced a fujoshi squeaking over him and his male partner, but that rarely happens.

Or when their posts appear as purely fetishizing. But in real they get mad over gay men, who are not looking and acting like cute twinks that came from a typical boys love manga, or over lesbians respectively, who aren't their cute moe girls.
removed-userAug 8, 2023 8:19 AM
Aug 8, 2023 8:13 AM

Jan 2021
I don't really hate people for there kinks, also I looked it up apparently the term for the male Yuri fan equivalent of a Fujoshi. The term is Himedanshi meaning princess boy, and applies to males who enjoy lesbian/yuri media. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Aug 8, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
AnimePedestrian said:
I don't really hate people for there kinks, also I looked it up apparently the term for the male Yuri fan equivalent of a Fujoshi. The term is Himedanshi meaning princess boy, and applies to males who enjoy lesbian/yuri media. 

himedanshi so there is a term for it eh i wonder why its not popular term though
Aug 8, 2023 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
deg said:
AnimePedestrian said:

himedanshi so there is a term for it eh i wonder why its not popular term though

No idea, I think it likely due to a lot of men believing there is nothing inherently wrong or perverse with watching Lesbian/Yuri content and getting off to it. Unlike how many people view Fujoshi as perverse because its female fans fawning over male on male relationships in media. I try to stay outside all this, I mean I don't really ship characters to begin with. There might be pairings I like, but I don't really get on social media and participate in shipping wars. 

Also Himejoshi is apparently the female equivariant of a Himedanshi. Again these are the ones I found online, others including the gender neutral Yurizuki or Yuri Liker. 

[/center]
Aug 8, 2023 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
I don't hate the fujoshi viewerbase/readerbase per see. However, if a fujoshi is a hypocrite, then they deserve every single hate they get.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 8, 2023 8:26 AM

Sep 2010
songwheel said:
Women usually receive higher consideration by other people. A woman who pretended to be a man so she could see what it was like to be a man in this world ended her life by assisted suicide a year ago. A man's genuine tears are something that people laugh at, while a woman's fake tears are taken seriously by almost everybody. We therefore respond more harshly when a woman expresses interest in something repugnant and depraved than we do when a man shows interest in something perverted. A man's interest in yuri is also more normal and reasonable going by common sense. A woman's interest in boys love is usually much more indicative of some kind of serious psychological bullshit lying underneath.

Couldn't have said it better, have yet to meet a sane fujoshi. I mean there is nothing wrong with liking yaoi but basing your whole identity on it just screams red flag.
Aug 8, 2023 8:28 AM

Jan 2021
Oh well Fujoshi also began as an insult, similar to Weeb or Otaku. It means 'Rotten Girl' and was used derogatorily against female fans of BL, however the word was 'reclaimed' and used to describe themselves in a humorous way. Might explain why some fans might still use it in the original negative context. 

[/center]
Aug 8, 2023 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
ateks said:
songwheel said:

Couldn't have said it better, have yet to meet a sane fujoshi. I mean there is nothing wrong with liking yaoi but basing your whole identity on it just screams red flag.

I'm glad you both seem very sane tho. Not like these insane fujoshis with their serious underlying psychological issues.
Aug 8, 2023 8:35 AM

Sep 2010
Risa92 said:
I'm glad you both seem very sane tho. Not like these insane fujoshis with their serious underlying psychological issues.

Just because I'm not sane doesn't mean I can't call out other people for it.
Aug 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2022
#always
it's all fine and dandy until evil fujo start shipping random male charas from show or different show, then call headcanon pero~

Risa92 said:

Chouun's here 2 call out the fujos 2 so:-
Just because I'm not sane doesn't mean I can't call out other people for it. (2)
Aug 8, 2023 8:54 AM

Apr 2022
deg said:
Sylpheline said:

i do not know im not a frequent AD user and moderators did say they still allow controversial threads on AD as long as it stays civil

Ok hope its will but with such hot topics i sadly highly doubt it will.

Aug 8, 2023 9:06 AM

Apr 2022
songwheel said:
ateks said:

Same. Usually they're very timid and shy people who reveal their true colors once they can feel you can tolerate whatever they say. This culture shouldn't be promoted, because it's clearly stoking up the fire in some way.
Risa92 said:

Thank you!

Well websites about yaoi are full of fushoji and most of them seems happy and civil from what i've seen there. Sounds like a unfair caricature to me. Like fanboys can brag endlessly that they love sexy anime girls and/or yuri heree and feel "cultured" for this taste and being call "normal" whatever they degree of obsession...but women doing the same are "crazy" somehow...sounds like a huge hypocrital double standard. Also...on a more serious note i'm 100% sure wether someone has psychological issues or not cant be determined by strangers not knowing them in real life over what they say on websites. Especially with said people guessing them to have this mental health problem as no clue and zero mental health background, seriously savage diagnosis of people out of disliking or not understanding their real or supposed behavior is dangereous for perpetuating stigma against real mentally ill people and actually get them farther from help when needed. That kind of take i wary a lot about because of this.

Aug 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Aug 2023
I have nothing against fujoshi, personally. People will like whatever. No need to be judgemental of other people's likes and dislikes if they aren't forcing it on you.
Aug 8, 2023 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
I think people just get tired of them shipping non gay couples. I don't personally know another reason.

I like them though! I am Fujoshi and so are a lot of friends I have on here. Super chill and fun to chat with, no negativity from them. ^_^
Male Yuri fans are called Fudanshi :D

I think people still don't like them just not as much as Fujoshi since it's more talked about. Its a personal though so not entirely sure if that's everywhere, just what I've seen. Honestly I am not sure why yaoi is more popular than yuri, maybe it's the lack of content around yuri compared to yaoi????? Or Im just blind lol
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Aug 8, 2023 9:32 AM
IsaBelle33 said:
I think people just get tired of them shipping non gay couples. I don't personally know another reason.

I like them though! I am Fujoshi and so are a lot of friends I have on here. Super chill and fun to chat with, no negativity from them. ^_^

I think people still don't like them just not as much as Fujoshi since it's more talked about. Its a personal though so not entirely sure if that's everywhere, just what I've seen. Honestly I am not sure why yaoi is more popular than yuri, maybe it's the lack of content around yuri compared to yaoi????? Or Im just blind lol

Fudanshi is for male fans of yaoi/bl
Aug 8, 2023 9:38 AM

Apr 2022
IsaBelle33 said:

Actually wether yuri or yaoi is the most popular have varied trough the years and depends of the social circle your in but they are more or less equal in popularity as a whole.

Aug 8, 2023 9:38 AM

Apr 2022
Fluffygreygrass said:
IsaBelle33 said:

Yes its Himedanshi for yuri male fan. Dont know if yuri female fan have a specific term tough.

Aug 8, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2021
Sylpheline said:
Fluffygreygrass said:

Yes its Himedanshi for yuri male fan. Dont know if yuri female fan have a specific term tough.

Its Himejoshi meaning Princess Girl I think. Like how Himedanshi is Princess Boy. 

[/center]
Aug 8, 2023 9:44 AM
AnimePedestrian said:
Sylpheline said:

Its Himejoshi meaning Princess Girl I think. Like how Himedanshi is Princess Boy. 

Himejoshi has a nice ring to it, I like it
Aug 8, 2023 9:49 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Hardcore shippers in general are very toxic and Fujoshis are no exception.
Many fujoshis are woke and hypocritical they often complain about objectification and waifu fanservice while doing the same to male characters.

Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Aug 8, 2023 9:54 AM

Apr 2022
AnimePedestrian said:
Sylpheline said:

Ok that sounds logical, thanks for the info.

Aug 8, 2023 10:14 AM

Mar 2019
There are fujoshis that are boring as fuck, but not all of them; 
I myself love to see men sucking a dick. 🏳️‍🌈?
If they hate me because of this I don't care. ^^

Aug 8, 2023 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Sylpheline said:
songwheel said:
Same. Usually they're very timid and shy people who reveal their true colors once they can feel you can tolerate whatever they say. This culture shouldn't be promoted, because it's clearly stoking up the fire in some way.
Thank you!

Well websites about yaoi are full of fushoji and most of them seems happy and civil from what i've seen there. Sounds like a unfair caricature to me. Like fanboys can brag endlessly that they love sexy anime girls and/or yuri heree and feel "cultured" for this taste and being call "normal" whatever they degree of obsession...but women doing the same are "crazy" somehow...sounds like a huge hypocrital double standard. Also...on a more serious note i'm 100% sure wether someone has psychological issues or not cant be determined by strangers not knowing them in real life over what they say on websites. Especially with said people guessing them to have this mental health problem as no clue and zero mental health background, seriously savage diagnosis of people out of disliking or not understanding their real or supposed behavior is dangereous for perpetuating stigma against real mentally ill people and actually get them farther from help when needed. That kind of take i wary a lot about because of this.

Exactly that, but apparantly to their perception it's "normal" for men liking lesbians, but not the other way around. Because women aren't supposed to like anything that goes beyond straight fluffy romances, I guess.

Also... I'm kinda sick of straight romances everywhere. At least theoretically.
In execution straight romances are often written much better (for example Spice and Wolf or I liked Insomniacs After School lately), because they are more humanized.

Queer romances are often written too kitschy or they are fetishized for a pre-dominantly straight audience.
At least when it's not only queer subtext, because these are usually the best and feel more real and humanized.

Manga that are written BY queer people often have queerness as their main theme and that bores me out, if there is nothing else to it.
Like I read Love Me for Who I Am for example and some other stuff, and these kids barely have any personality beyond talking about their gender and issues, that's so annoying.
I'd like to see more queer horror, thriller etc. in manga or manwha form.
Aug 8, 2023 10:33 AM

Sep 2018
I blacklist yaoi and gay stuff on gelbaroo and nhentai so I can`t say I encounter fujoshis. I have nothing against them.
Aug 8, 2023 10:48 AM

Apr 2022
Risa92 said:
Sylpheline said:

Exactly that, but apparantly to their perception it's "normal" for men liking lesbians, but not the other way around. Because women aren't supposed to like anything that goes beyond straight fluffy romances, I guess.

In execution straight romances are often written much better (for example Spice and Wolf or I liked Insomniacs After School lately), because they are more humanized.

Queer romances are often written too kitschy or they are fetishized for a pre-dominantly straight audience.
At least when it's not only queer subtext, because these are usually the best and feel more real and humanized.

Manga that are written BY queer people often have queerness as their main theme and that bores me out, if there is nothing else to it.
Like I read Love Me for Who I Am for example and some other stuff, and these kids barely have any personality beyond talking about their gender and issues, that's so annoying.

Well technically...a fetishist is someone who cant get excited sexually without some specific sexual element. So you cant fetish on a sexuality. I get the meaning being that it could feel disconforting and dehumanizing to see queer romance which is too often little more that fap material for straight people with a lesbian or gay sexual fantasy kink but this usual wording weird me out because its inadvertently degrades people who have innocent sexual fetish like for foot or something which hurts no one as long as they are consensual and are already hated by most peope because of being out of norm. Also i can understand queer people frustration that the load of yuri and yaoi stuff intended mostly for straight audience sex fantasy hides real queer media even more niche but i doubt it could change out of both queer being minority and the conventional yaoi yuri therefore selling more forcing queer authors to do with the tropes it conveys to be able to make a living as mangakas so its hard to change. That said yes even if i'm straight and like yaoi so a fushoji in a way some fushoji the ones who ship real life people without their consent, or the ones homophobic in reality or hating on lesbian while faping on gay guys for exemple do gross me out but i doubt they would be any less cringe if they change of fandom and hobby abandonning yaoi for i dont know kpop fandom for an exemple as they are the same kind of stuff and cringe fan in all fandoms sadly i feel like its human behavior its seems like its cant be help. Yeah i guess queer or not judging by content of many yaoi fanfiction most of their fans seems to really like science fiction, horror, fantasy and thriller and bores easily with realistic activist stuff on queer lives that seems to be almost always documentary or autobiographical. And i think indeed if there was more canon series with well fleshed out not cliche queer characters they would be less shipping of well loved complex characters in not yaoi/not yuri series indeed.

Aug 8, 2023 10:54 AM

Feb 2019

Fluffygreygrass said:
IsaBelle33 said:

Thanks for correcting me!
Sylpheline said:
IsaBelle33 said:

Actually wether yuri or yaoi is the most popular have varied trough the years and depends of the social circle your in but they are more or less equal in popularity as a whole.
O really? It's hard for me to find yuri lol, it's proven I am just blind then
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Aug 8, 2023 10:56 AM

Dec 2022
Declaring that their headcanon yuri/yaoi ships are factual, or that random characters are gay based on no more evidence than that they want them to be. They often tend to complain about straight pairings as well, even when those who like such pairings mind their own business, while also keeping in mind straight pairings are clearly the default. Simply put, they're commonly belligerent and vocal, despite being a tiny minority.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 8, 2023 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Sylpheline said:
Risa92 said:

Well technically...a fetishist is someone who cant get excited sexually without some specific sexual element. So you cant fetish on a sexuality. I get the meaning being that it could feel disconforting and dehumanizing to see queer romance which is too often little more that fap material for straight people with a lesbian or gay sexual fantasy kink but this usual wording weird me out because its inadvertently degrades people who have innocent sexual fetish like for foot or something which hurts no one as long as they are consensual and are already hated by most peope because of being out of norm. Also i can understand queer people frustration that the load of yuri and yaoi stuff intended mostly for straight audience sex fantasy hides real queer media even more niche but i doubt it could change out of both queer being minority and the conventional yaoi yuri therefore selling more forcing queer authors to do with the tropes it conveys to be able to make a living as mangakas so its hard to change. That said yes even if i'm straight and like yaoi so a fushoji in a way some fushoji the ones who ship real life people without their consent, or the ones homophobic in reality or hating on lesbian while faping on gay guys for exemple do gross me out but i doubt they would be any less cringe if they change of fandom and hobby abandonning yaoi for i dont know kpop fandom for an exemple as they are the same kind of stuff and cringe fan in all fandoms sadly i feel like its human behavior its seems like its cant be help. Yeah i guess queer or not judging by content of many yaoi fanfiction most of their fans seems to really like science fiction, horror, fantasy and thriller and bores easily with realistic activist stuff on queer lives that seems to be almost always documentary or autobiographical. And i think indeed if there was more canon series with well fleshed out not cliche queer characters they would be less shipping of well loved complex characters in not yaoi/not yuri series indeed.

Well, I don't mean all kinds of kinks or fetishes, more the writing of lot of these series and straight people, who treat queerness in general as a fetish for themselves.
They don't view lesbians or gays as human beings, but as object for themselves. You know that type of straight women, who say they want a gay friend, but then they treat their "gay friend" like a pet? Or they get irritated when a man tells them he's gay, but he's not like the cute twink / uke they imagine gay men to be.

My friend had that a few times lmao.
Woman: Gay men are so sensitive and feminine and ...!!
He (not any of that lol): I'm gay.
Woman: :<
And I had a random man yelling after me and my partner in a bar "yess hot!! You look like porn lesbians!" Stuff like that, you know.

Btw I don't mind the existence of these series either, if just some of those exists, but lot of them are like that. There has been Yuri is my Job in the last season and could imagine by the title it's one of those and after watching two episodes... yes it is.
I just want more variety in general.

Also most people don't use fetish anymore in the original sense, more as a kink or a preference.
There is also a difference between people just liking some queer romances and erotica and think it's hot on the side... and those, who dehumanize them completely and treating them like objects.
Aug 8, 2023 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
I hate them and we can never get along, majority of fujoshi I've come across are obnoxious toxic fangirls who go around calling anyone homophobic if you don't agree with their ship and even defend gay rape/rapists in the name of romance and seem to have trouble to admitting that they have a fetish. My first interactions with the anime fandom was with fujoshis due to the nature of the series I liked and I don't ever want to go back and be involved with them, it was a nightmare. On the other hand Yuri Crusader is the only yuri fan I know who behaves as obnoxiously as the fujoshis.
Aug 8, 2023 11:15 AM
Risa92 said:
Sylpheline said:

Well, I don't mean all kinds of kinks or fetishes, more the writing of lot of these series and straight people, who treat queerness in general as a fetish for themselves.
They don't view lesbians or gays as human beings, but as object for themselves. You know that type of straight women, who say they want a gay friend, but then they treat their "gay friend" like a pet? Or they get irritated when a man tells them he's gay, but he's not like the cute twink / uke they imagine gay men to be.

And I had a random man yelling after me and my partner in a bar "yess hot!! You look like porn lesbians!" Stuff like that, you know.

Btw I don't mind the existence of these series either, if just some of those exists, but lot of them are like that. There has been Yuri is my Job in the last season and could imagine by the title it's one of those and after watching two episodes... yes it is.

Also most people don't use fetish anymore in the original sense, more as a kink or a preference.
There is also a difference between people just liking some queer romances and erotica and think it's hot on the side... and those, who dehumanize them completely and treating them like objects.

Someone yelling at you “yess hot!! You look like porn lesbians!" just sounds so fucking weird. Well, I mean to say that I don’t mind whatever people do alone or whatever kind of fiction they like, but this kind of behavior really crosses that line.
FluffygreygrassSep 11, 2023 12:33 AM
Aug 8, 2023 11:31 AM

Jan 2021
Sylpheline said:
AnimePedestrian said:

Yeah I found a site with all the terms, it is interesting as the term 'Princess Boy' or 'Princess Girl' is a lot more pleasant than 'Rotten Girl', given where Fujoshi comes from as a slur against female fans of BL I have a feeling the Yuri terms were choose by the Yuri community after the Fujoshi became a more general term and less of a slur to insult people with. 

Anyway it was fun looking this stuff up, I'm a shitty weeaboo and don't know really any of the terms used in the fandom - but the normal ones. 

[/center]
Aug 8, 2023 11:37 AM
Maou_heika said:
I hate them and we can never get along, majority of fujoshi I've come across are obnoxious toxic fangirls who go around calling anyone homophobic if you don't agree with their ship and even defend gay rape/rapists in the name of romance and seem to have trouble to admitting that they have a fetish. My first interactions with the anime fandom was with fujoshis due to the nature of the series I liked and I don't ever want to go back and be involved with them, it was a nightmare. On the other hand Yuri Crusader is the only yuri fan I know who behaves as obnoxiously as the fujoshis.

You’ve never met any obnoxious Yuri fans other than one?
FluffygreygrassSep 10, 2023 11:44 PM
Aug 8, 2023 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
Fluffygreygrass said:
Maou_heika said:

You’ve never met any obnoxious Yuri fans other than one?
I have. Not many but I have. Often in discussions like this were they whole heartedly support Yuri but can't stand Yaoi and make that very clear. 
Aug 8, 2023 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
How many threads do we need about this? This gets like recycled as often as fanservice/ecchi threads.
Aug 8, 2023 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Fluffygreygrass said:
Risa92 said:

Someone yelling at you “yess hot!! You look like porn lesbians!" just sounds so fucking weird. Well, I mean to say that I don’t mind whatever people do alone or whatever kind of fiction they like, but this kind of behavior really crosses that line. As a general rule of thumb, I really avoid talking to people who like either Yuri or yaoi because they make me really uncomfortable, I know it’s a generalization but I don’t mind.

There are some drunktards going to bars after pride parades, who try to get threesomes with lesbian couples... and apparantly they think this is the best way to achieve that. Needless to say we were head over heels for him ofc. xD
That's an exception that he was that blatant about it, because that guy was very drunk, but there is still truth behind it that at least a bunch of straight people who don't view you as a person.

It depends.
From my experience lot of them are queer themselves (and some straight ones are quite chill too), at least those who are just having a bunch of queer couples, but don't hate on straight ones and don't hate on their not prefered gender in a series or anything.
Female yaoi fans hating on female characters or male yuri fans hating on male characters is a big no go for me.
removed-userAug 8, 2023 1:07 PM
Aug 8, 2023 1:28 PM

Apr 2022
Risa92 said:
Sylpheline said:

Yes i can get that. That being said dont know said title but if yuri is the job of said character its probably a sex worker so maybe its make sense within such a context that they act classic yuri straight guy fantasy but still i get what you mean. What i meant is this people arent having this cliche view of gays only because of yaoi/yuri and probably have it before starting reading/watch that...but yeah it may have not help it indeed. Agree with you on the need of more variety most definitively. Now that no other as common kind of genre than BL exist that focus on women loving men erotic desire probably dont help that many straight women love it only because its get them horny. Well yes i would not agree that fushoji has a fetish in the original sense but that yaoi is a kink for them yes of course. I understand that being said its obvious for some stuff like the irky comment in the bar you mention but it might not be easy for some people avoid cliche like gay are feminine as they are many disinformed people who only see the most fabulous ones and think there all like that because of media so yaoi dont help the ignorance in that but i doubt it should be blamed for all of it...fushoji arent likely to be more knowledgable than most people in that...so even more subtle stuff you might participates without understanding it. I hope i never dehumanize gay people or treat them like object when liking yaoi erotica at least i try not to.

Aug 8, 2023 1:32 PM

Apr 2022
AnimePedestrian said:
Sylpheline said:

Yeah I found a site with all the terms, it is interesting as the term 'Princess Boy' or 'Princess Girl' is a lot more pleasant than 'Rotten Girl', given where Fujoshi comes from as a slur against female fans of BL I have a feeling the Yuri terms were choose by the Yuri community after the Fujoshi became a more general term and less of a slur to insult people with. 

Anyway it was fun looking this stuff up, I'm a shitty weeaboo and don't know really any of the terms used in the fandom - but the normal ones. 

OK. Well i'm a shitty weaboo too considering my japanese level sucks and is very beginner since way too long so i can understand but it was interesting learning a new thing so thanks again.

Aug 8, 2023 1:44 PM

Apr 2022
Risa92 said:
Fluffygreygrass said:

Someone yelling at you “yess hot!! You look like porn lesbians!" just sounds so fucking weird. Well, I mean to say that I don’t mind whatever people do alone or whatever kind of fiction they like, but this kind of behavior really crosses that line. As a general rule of thumb, I really avoid talking to people who like either Yuri or yaoi because they make me really uncomfortable, I know it’s a generalization but I don’t mind.

There are some drunktards going to bars after pride parades, who try to get threesomes with lesbian couples... and apparantly they think this is the best way to achieve that. Needless to say we were head over heels for him ofc. xD
That's an exception that he was that blatant about it, because that guy was very drunk, but there is still truth behind it that at least a bunch of straight people who don't view you as a person.

It depends.
From my experience lot of them are queer themselves (and some straight ones are quite chill too), at least those who are just having a bunch of queer couples, but don't hate on straight ones and don't hate on their not prefered gender in a series or anything.
Female yaoi fans hating on female characters or male yuri fans hating on male characters is a big no go for me.

Yes fushoji that hates on straight couples weird me out too...but i try not to be to harsh on that because i've met quite a few who were like that because of being young lesbians trying to find a space for accepting their sexuality with sometimes clumsy ways like this comments so i let it pass. And yes indeed there is a paradox because on one hand many people have misogyny as one of the reasons they hate yaoi and its fan...but on the other hand internalized misogyny is indeed pretty high in yaoi fandom...sometimes to a cancerous point hating any female characters for no other reason that "getting in the way" of their favorite ship its sad.

Aug 8, 2023 1:47 PM

Dec 2019
Like others have stated, yuri fans are rarer and way more vocal, and hardly go to the extremes that fujoshis do with their ships for example. Talk to a fujoshi who's an MHA fan on twitter and tell them their Bakugo x Deku isn't cannon, they're going to fucking lynch you for that. I've never seen this among yuri fans, who tend to be on the calmer side-- much like the yuri content they watch like Yuru Yuri.
Aug 8, 2023 11:49 PM

Jul 2017
TheAngryNerd said:
Talk to a fujoshi who's an MHA fan on twitter and tell them their Bakugo x Deku isn't cannon, they're going to fucking lynch you for that.
If there is a "top 5 worst types of anime fans" list, then those types of people definitely deserve to be on the list lol 
Aug 9, 2023 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
Because they ship two dudes together which makes several users uncomfortable. Everything else is pretty much an excuse, any other criticism they use for fujos they apply to any shippers, except M/M shippers tend to be more chill on average since they don't send death threats every week to some VA or studio because one female character talked to another guy once.

Notice how fujo get a lot of hate while the average otaku top discussed anime are shit like lolishit 34343 or isekai where the girl is a slave but no one cares.

Aug 9, 2023 4:58 AM
Apr 2022
useless thread... I mean really? Fujoshis? I sleep on them. Like, since when are they hated? There's gotta be one that's pretty much hated by the majority of the community.......
Aug 9, 2023 5:29 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Male version of Fujoshi should be fudanshi..
They watch anime like cool danshi

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 42 minutes ago

18 by mentalmondai »»
5 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

66 by DesolatePsyche »»
7 seconds ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - Yesterday

19 by alshu »»
52 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 26 minutes ago

5 by Tirinchas »»
1 minute ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 10 hours ago

25 by DigiCat »»
1 minute ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.