Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2023 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
All Might vs All For One

we all know All Might is gonna lose or die here but lets see how long this fight will last

All Mights armor is made by Melissa a character from one of the movies
Aug 3, 2023 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
Iron man in BNHA, nice. Absolute peak. Though yo we got to see Melissa. She's actually here in the main series.
Aug 3, 2023 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Man this chapter was a nice hit. As for All Might I don’t think he will survive. But if he can take down AFO as his final Act of sacrifice that would’ve great. Though I highly doubt that it will happen.
Aug 3, 2023 2:47 PM
May 2017
We all knew this was gonna happen. But still baffling it did really happen.
Feels like Ironman VS Thanos and Ironman vs Hulk and Batman vs Superman. But it's such a All Encompassing story that a Mech Fight inevitable
Also troia , Hercules lots of strong Greek names.
What defeat that made #allmight flee? Is this new information or retconning
Melissa sheild is canon now! Like The Gauntlets
Allmight really became Deku Beta version in this chapter. I guess the Shield family really did make this armour
The fight is hype af. But feels a bit "plot armory". Lots of moves that avg smarts Tomura can counter let alone a Centuries spanning genius like AFO!
But the chapter is like a Adrenaline injection to a dying creature, so sentiment and decisions are understandable.
Aug 3, 2023 4:00 PM

May 2016
You’ve had a good run All Might!
Aug 3, 2023 4:52 PM

Mar 2015
man, it would be shame if all might going to die just as fodder.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 3, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2021
I enjoyed this chapter, and it's definitely a step up from the recent ones.

It's quite amusing to witness All Might residing in AFO's mind without any cost. I'm consistently surprised by the intensity of AFO's hatred for All Might, which appears to surpass his disdain for the other OFA users. Admittedly, All Might is the one who defeated AFO, but the depth of his enmity is remarkable.

It's a bit frustrating to consider the existence of an item like this. Putting aside the series' manipulation of the singularity concept, whether through overly potent quirks or their fatal consequences for users, this item seems to exemplify the greatest drawback. Especially if we adopt the notion of quirks growing uncontrollable.

On the whole, it's hard to envision the fight dragging on for much longer. The armor likely cannot endure another blow. I anticipate an extraordinary moment from All Might, even though his OFA power is supposedly depleted. We've witnessed All Might briefly transform, albeit at a significant cost. It would be regrettable not to capitalize on that fleeting moment. While I'm not entirely certain of All Might's perception of victory here, he must endure long enough to significantly deplete AFO's remaining time.

Aug 3, 2023 7:56 PM
May 2017
IzanaSolos said:

It's quite amusing to witness All Might residing in AFO's mind without any cost. I'm consistently surprised by the intensity of AFO's hatred for All Might, which appears to surpass his disdain for the other OFA users. Admittedly, All Might is the one who defeated AFO, but the depth of his enmity is remarkable.

It's a bit frustrating to consider the existence of an item like this. Putting aside the series' manipulation of the singularity concept, whether through overly potent quirks or their fatal consequences for users, this item seems to exemplify the greatest drawback. Especially if we adopt the notion of quirks growing uncontrollable.

On the whole, it's hard to envision the fight dragging on for much longer. The armor likely cannot endure another blow. I anticipate an extraordinary moment from All Might, even though his OFA power is supposedly depleted. We've witnessed All Might briefly transform, albeit at a significant cost. It would be regrettable not to capitalize on that fleeting moment. While I'm not entirely certain of All Might's perception of victory here, he must endure long enough to significantly deplete AFO's remaining time.

In the chapter where we last see allmight and the set up to this confrontation. It's told that afo has one goal, to get to Tomura and allmights appearance isn't gonna bother afo from his goal. Allmight hypothesis that the Tomura inside afo will be enraged to see allmight and his smile and will cause the afo heading to Tomura to stray afo from his goal
Aug 3, 2023 9:18 PM
Oct 2019
Had a little suspicion the author would not just get All Might killed. But I wasn't expecting the Iron Man equivalent of All Might.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't All Might had the ability to transform into that muscular form even when he completely used up his own OFA powers?
Aug 3, 2023 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
this fight feels more hyped than a couples of fight way back.
it's about time MHA become great again, I guess
Aug 4, 2023 3:54 AM
May 2017
DelphinSquared said:
Had a little suspicion the author would not just get All Might killed. But I wasn't expecting the Iron Man equivalent of All Might.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't All Might had the ability to transform into that muscular form even when he completely used up his own OFA powers?

it's like a millisecond transformation with significant coughing. But we all know allmight can go beyond more than anyone else.
Aug 4, 2023 5:59 AM

Oct 2021
IzanaSolos said:

Exquisite analysis of My Hero Academia 's Chapter 396! You've used words and phrases that perfectly describes the dire situation that the characters are in! ☺️

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Aug 4, 2023 6:03 AM

Oct 2021
Man, oh man!! 😃 Armored All Might is soooo cool!! I am expecting future chapters are gonna be on fire between All for One and One for All's duel. But, like many other readers, I fear All Might's death is going to come very soon. It's been hinted in a recent colored chapter cover where All Might had his back on the readers (hinting or foreshadowing All Might's "retirement" in the series) 😖. On another note, glad to see Melissa's face in this chapter; it's confirmed that she's a canonical character in the main series! 😁📖

Marianne

Aug 4, 2023 7:42 AM

May 2020
I used to hear this a lot that if you like xyz marvel movies, then you would my hero academia as well. Though keeping the fact if it's true or not aside, I guess this thing finally found its way to author's ears as well.. I mean see that IRON-MAN KNOCKOFF LMAOOOOOOOOO.

Anyways, after literal MONTHS we hopped back to All Might and AFO confrontation, just to see a false buildup of Afo's eventual defeat. There's no way All Might could make it out alive. Author is probably planning to let him die and then Deku doing the cliche revenge, and that's fucking hilarious.
Aug 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Jul 2022
Holy CRAP bruh this is insane!!!!!! FINALLY this is the shit I have been fucking waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armored All Might's design is absolutely sick, and this fight is so hype!!

Aug 4, 2023 9:18 AM

Jan 2008
That All Might smile. Loved this chapter.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 4, 2023 9:56 AM
Mar 2015
Well fought quirkless fellow
Aug 4, 2023 10:38 AM

Aug 2020
All might smile is back in action pure hype let's fking goooo
Aug 4, 2023 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
Glad to see MHA in its normal state. Fucking epic move from All Might in his batform form. This gave me goosebumps, a last fight from the one and only.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 4, 2023 3:26 PM
May 2021
Hahahagahaaaassss what a chapter, after mha has had mid chapters since the final arc started.
Aug 4, 2023 6:49 PM

Jun 2014
Well after that cringe Ochako/Toga fight, it felt good to read an MHA chapter that I can confidently say was a legitimately good chapter. This final arc has certainly been....an arc lol, and I've had plenty of gripes with it, but I'll always give credit where it's due, this chapter was good. Seeing Iron Might going all out, and using the students' Quirks? That was pretty cool not gonna lie. Nice to see that even after losing his power, he was still observing and learning from the students. I have a feeling AFO will make a comeback though, but for now, this was a cool display from All Might.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 4, 2023 9:01 PM

Mar 2013

Bruh...he is so fucking dense to think fighting a quirk stealing villain with an ironman suit instead of a quirk is such a BAD thing.

PeripheralVisionAug 4, 2023 9:06 PM
Aug 5, 2023 2:43 AM

Mar 2021
MHA hype is finally coming back for my with this chapter. This is going to be interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2023 8:55 AM

Jun 2021
Iron Might is here! Though quirkless, he can still fight. Loved this chapter.
Aug 5, 2023 6:46 PM

Apr 2020
This is what MHA shoulda been. 
Aug 6, 2023 6:11 AM

Jul 2013

so, Horikoshi made her canon now~
Aug 6, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
How I missed seeing All Might smiling.

Anywhere in the Galaxy
Aug 6, 2023 9:28 AM
Aug 2020
All Might looks so cool in this armour, good chapter this week
Aug 6, 2023 11:18 AM
Nov 2019
Still not a fan of Iron Might as a concept, but I do like how AFO goes crazy at the mere sight of him.
Aug 6, 2023 4:34 PM
Aug 2020
Great chapter

Make us dream big man
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 6, 2023 7:22 PM
Nov 2016
Hey, this is a surprisingly good chapter! this is it for All Might, he will die here but he won't die before a fight and he will die fighting in an Iron Man suit, pretty neat.

Apparently, that girl gave All Might the Iron Man suit, I don't remember much about her but I remember her a bit from the 1st movie (the only MHA movie I've watched btw), I remember that she was an inventor. Anyway, the chapter was fire!
Aug 6, 2023 8:22 PM

Oct 2021
All Might wore an Iron-Man like suit to fight All for One. He recalled Nighteye's foresight that he would die of a gruesome death in the hands of a young villain (a young All for One). All Might smiled gleefully and All for One is very mad at this. Death flags are everywhere for All Might since he's Quirkless right now. 😖

Marianne

Aug 6, 2023 8:23 PM

Oct 2021
xZabuzax said:
Hey, this is a surprisingly good chapter! this is it for All Might, he will die here but he won't die before a fight and he will die fighting in an Iron Man suit, pretty neat.

Apparently, that girl gave All Might the Iron Man suit, I don't remember much about her but I remember her a bit from the 1st movie (the only MHA movie I've watched btw), I remember that she was an inventor. Anyway, the chapter was fire!

Her name's Melissa. I have watched the first two My Hero Academia movies and have yet to watch the third one.

Marianne

Aug 9, 2023 11:43 AM
Jul 2015
Finally, a good fucking chapter. It only took, like, what... 10, maybe 20 chapters, for a good one to pop up?

please continue cooking
Aug 9, 2023 2:21 PM
Apr 2020
With Hori jumping straight to this I'm getting concerned we're just gonna skip over the minor fights and not even get like at least an update on how they're doing. Like, there's tons of undefeated villains everywhere on many of the battlefields.
Aug 10, 2023 2:37 PM
May 2023
This is the first chapter that I've genuinely enjoyed in a while. If there's one thing I've always wanted from this series it's a character who has no quirk, but is able to do the work of a hero. Making All Might that character has made me so incredibly happy. My other main gripe with the series has been that Horikoshi seems to struggle with giving characters multiple arcs, and this gives me hope on that front as well. It is very late in the series, and this doesn't undo the damage that has done to the series up until now, but I'll enjoy the good things I'm getting regardless.
Aug 11, 2023 2:30 AM
Jan 2019
I hate the idea of All Might being Iron Man. Horikoshi killed the essence of the character with this. Eri restablishing her powers like she did on Mirio would be quite better.
Aug 13, 2023 5:57 AM

Jan 2011
Alright, now this is epic.

Having sugar guy be one of the inspirations though? Come on now. Stop trying to make him seem even the slightest bit relevant, absolutely no one gives a shit about him.
Aug 14, 2023 9:32 AM

Dec 2022
peak chap horikoshi cooked
Aug 14, 2023 9:32 AM

Dec 2022
MegamiRem said:
Iron man in BNHA, nice. Absolute peak. Though yo we got to see Melissa. She's actually here in the main series.

they made melissa canon! yay lol
Aug 19, 2023 2:03 PM
Aug 2023
I was wondering about something in this chapter. When All Might is giving his epic speech and he tells AFO that when he defeated him and had to flee to America, he made a special bond, and that he would use the gifts given to him from that special bond to defeat AFO. Do you guys think Melissa heard that entire speech?
Aug 30, 2023 8:16 PM

Apr 2022
i'm no mha fan, but that's pretty hype ngl. armored all might is here and that smile looks as good as ever.

all might vs all for one bout to go crazy.
Sep 16, 2023 7:12 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
It's that one girl from the first movie, cool.
Sep 22, 2023 8:04 PM

Aug 2019
I’m so excited to see All might fight All For One again!!

Also this was funny “AND DON'T SAY THAT LIKE IT'S
YOUR BANKA!”

MELISSA!
Sep 30, 2023 3:19 PM

Jan 2021
Ok I gotta admit armoured all might is pretty damn cool! hopefully he wins and doesn't die a gruesome death!!!

Dec 21, 2023 8:19 PM

Feb 2021
Holy shit this is the action we have been missing. I really hope this is All Might's final stand before Deko does something.

That mech suit is so cool. It has attacks and types of equipment inspired by Class 1A's students which is a nice touch.

Melissa has been shown. So I guess we can take the 1st movie to be completely canon. I think Star and Stripes's introduction was also a hint since she was the kid All Might saved when he went to the USA to meet Melissa and her dad.
DeonXDec 21, 2023 8:23 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 10

19 by A_Shinoda »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 375 Discussion

Icewolf004 - Dec 8, 2022

31 by KoniginElle »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

28 by Kamui_Senpai »»
May 8, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 339 Discussion

Kuma - Dec 27, 2021

32 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
May 7, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 374 Discussion

Kuma - Nov 25, 2022

37 by KoniginElle »»
May 2, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.