Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Rudeus and his party members deserved that break with beers after such an exhausting fight.

What I did kinda like is the improved relationship between Sara and Rudeus. Sure, it got a bit awkward but it is what it is. Seems they're making a name out of themselves in the community with their latest missions. 

May 2020
Well if nothing, it seems like Rudeus gained some reputation off his feats from the last episode, and a new name as well and it wasn’t only that, but guess he didn’t stop from taking on the quests and teaming up with different people from that time on. Though he may have turned over a new leaf, but there are still people who give him shit. That new girl with blonde hairs being the one specifically. 

Like brother, do one thing, either just bash people or just be real, but we know the anime girls like her can never go with the second choice, so we’ll bear smh. Anyways, the quest of snowdrakes with that same party went well, despite that unwelcome intervention of mister smartass, who later gave crap to Rudeus as well, but though can’t say he was much wrong. Again, dude is depressed I get, but atleast he should speak up smh.

I liked how again we went back to these characters passing body heat.. I mean helping out to the one in need, with the same fanservice. That one member of counter arrow did die but Rudeus atleast helped out Sara, who now unsurprisingly see him in a new light. Good for him again, his luck with the ladies of this world hasn’t dimmed :)     

Dec 2020
2nd episode of mushoku tensei. HERE WE GOOO! We continue with Rudy not being in his best form however he is better than last episode since he has started working as a mercenary adventurer but one party stands out more counter arrow. First he helps them with a quest which they fight snowdrakes. Such a beautiful fight scene. There we also see a guy which I considered as an asshole due to how he behaved to the team but after a bit of thought he seemed a lot like Paul and he finally says things how they are to Rudy. I am not sure anymore I kinda feel weird about him. The counter arrow party is in trouble though, and would you look Rudy has to go help them, which totally involves you know who, Sara. He has to go in the trees and save her from them while there's a blizzard. What a hero! (Of course he can change the weather.) What do you guys think of Sara, I really enjoy her since I love tsuns. Unfortunatelly we see him in the savior effort at his sad moments since he sees one of the party members dead. Time to save Sara so she can become more dere torwards him which he does, and succeeds. Rudy as usual being the hero. I really liked how Rudy looked this episode as a character. Also the healing Sara scene was nud worthy. I start to really enjoy Rudy x Sara. And I see with their relationship Rudy also started grwoing up.

Dec 2021
Rudeus has finally accepted that Eris is gone! So what will he do from here? 

Though Rudeus has moved on, he still doesn't want a new party, but he still grows closer Counter Arrow as he settles into life as a northlands adventurer. That Paul clone really started to piss me off during that bar scene. Seems like our boy Rudeus in getting jacked he isn't playing mans got a 6 pack already damn. Lol Rudeus praying to Roxy's "stuff". 

The animation went dog wild this episode holy that one fight with the white creatures was well animated oh my. Soundtrack was also superb. I like the feels to this opening, and looks like their keeping it the same way as the first season where the opening is apart of the story!

As of right now, this season is maintain the momentum set by its predecessor and delivering an engaging and satisfying continuation of the story. With its well-crafted plot, character development, and stunning animation, the episode successfully captures the essence of the light novel source material. (I have read a total of 1 volume of it). 

Us fans of the series will undoubtedly appreciate the attention to detail and the way Bind is bringing us the world of Mushoku Tensei to life.
IzanaSolosJul 16, 2023 8:57 AM

Jul 16, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Appreciate the Sara fanservice, Rudeus did great saving her. Not ready for next episode, not at all.
Jul 16, 2023 8:36 AM
Mar 2023
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
Jul 16, 2023 8:36 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
Rudeus saving Sara is cute af
and he got jacked as well
and i love how they are still playing the op while the anime episode kept playing in the backgrounf
can't wait for the next ep
Homura24Jul 16, 2023 9:06 AM

Jul 16, 2023 8:44 AM
Oct 2022
I got a weird feeling after watching this episode
Jul 16, 2023 8:52 AM

Dec 2022
 well its been long since i saw an anime character name their muscles got a good crack out of it and rudeus doesn't realize it he has the capability to be a harem protagonist
Jul 16, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
Rudeus getting out of depression the arc. 

I really like Sara so far. 
Jul 16, 2023 9:00 AM

Apr 2020
Who decided to make Rudeus THIS hot 🥵
I don't know how signatures work

Jul 16, 2023 9:00 AM

Feb 2021
HOLY DAMN HE RIPPED

The OP feels very bittersweet for some reason. I like it.
Rudeus' fake smile... It's sad to look at
The characters are so damn good in this
THANK GOD Sara is alive. I really like her actually. F Mimir.
Jul 16, 2023 9:06 AM

Jun 2021
That guy saw through Rudeus. He's still suffering behind that fake smile of his...
Rudeus and Sara got a bit closer now. I'm glad she was saved by him.
Jul 16, 2023 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
Firstly, really happy that Mushoku Tensei still kept the opening with the anime happening in the background. Was worried about this when they announced a different group with a straight up OP like this, but it turned out well for the most part.

The animation was a little stiff in places but still decent for the most part, the cut at the end with Rudeus saving Sara was great. The first episode definitely looked more cohesive but this still looked fine enough, sucks to see Mimir die in Counter Arrow but that is the nature of being adventurers in this series. One of the party members in the Tokurabu crew in the first season episode "Children and Warriors" also died too, when Rudeus wanted to wait longer for the rescue to happen when the party were out of their depth. Whether it is with monsters or even treacherous conditions (both in this case), this series portrays the life of an adventurer to be quite contrasting. Soldat's a guy that loves adventuring, making money and enjoying life as he pleases and him dealing with a guy like Rudeus, an emotionally broken dude who is just acting like he's got it the worst in the world in his head, causes quite the tensions overall in this episode. Rudeus' smile did not help one bit in the situation. He's doing fairly better than at the beginning of the season but still, quite some ways to go. At least he's working out with his named arms and legs and is improving on his fitness even despite being boggled down emotionally. Also, Sara was also really nice by the end. You could tell just from how observant she was of his actions at the start of the episode, how much he has helped them and even managed to rescue her on his own when stuck during bad weather. Hell, there was a mild accident scene as he made sure she didn't fall, and she didn't punch him at all. Already better than 95% of tsunderes there with that alone.
I feel like if this episode had a few more minutes for the rescue portion and the Snow drake portion to help on the action front, it was still fun but it definitely had room for improvement. Kind of funny since in this episode, they had the ending with the actual anime in the background too and not just separate visuals exclusively for the ED so the series made the most out of the 24ish minutes there. Assume they want this arc to be done in 3 episodes, and then spend more time on Vol 8 and 9 since those are volumes that have characters and relationships that are more relevant to the rest of the series in the grand scheme of things. I'd say it's a very good but not amazing episode since the pacing was on the faster side here. Loved the characters, the confrontation with Rudeus and Soldat and the ending though so I feel good for the most part.

Forgot to mention, Galgau Ruins looks beautiful here, even with the Kishirika statue from long ago there. In general, the backgrounds have still been top notch and the world still feels good to see and this episode was no exception. Again, glad that the openings still follow the format they did in season 1 for the time being.
Jul 16, 2023 9:16 AM
Mar 2021
Still waiting for a plot…
Jul 16, 2023 9:18 AM

Dec 2020
Rudeus and Counter Arrow are meet the party with one leader that really is no thinking but punch first.
After that lily and mimir are maybe dead,rudeus is searching for them in this snowstorm.
He rescued sara and found mimir remains.
Awesome episode but they left a few dialogue from the LN.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 16, 2023 9:19 AM
Jun 2020
Is it just me or Rudeus is less pervy now? So I can finally play devil's advocate by saying that was part of his character development.
Jul 16, 2023 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
RoTkRylas said:
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
i didn't read the manga or the light novel but this episode was a mess overall,the Animation wasn't bad but the pacing was terrible it's almost as if they cut a bunch of things and put some pieces together,so much happened in just 23 minutes😬.
Jul 16, 2023 9:24 AM
Sep 2013
Boring. Nothing is happening and I really don't care about this party group.
Jul 16, 2023 9:27 AM

Aug 2017
Rudeus getting buff and was he naming his biceps? Lol. 

Sara now appreciating Rudeus more (logical since he saved her again) was nice and cute to see. 
Jul 16, 2023 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
Great episode. Really excited for the rest of the season
Jul 16, 2023 9:30 AM
May 2022
.s good fckin pacing goddamn it
Jul 16, 2023 9:32 AM
Oct 2011
Well now, they rushed quite a bit of content. Pacing felt weird.
At least for the next episode they will have more than enough time to animate certain...lets say amusing scenes and finish up this arc, really looking forward to it.
Jul 16, 2023 9:33 AM
Apr 2021
song opening and ending this season is very enjoy
Jul 16, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2020
Rudeus not getting pervy with sara feels so different. I just feel bad for the man even more.

5/5 episode.
Jul 16, 2023 9:36 AM

Nov 2021
bro really gave himself the nickname quagmire 
Jul 16, 2023 9:39 AM

Mar 2020
Slowly but surely, Rudeus is finding his sense of fulfillment...

Since the events of last episode, Rudeus has gained a bit of a reputation and has a new name in Quagmire, though some people still have problems with him, especially that jerk from the other party, who reminded Rudeus of his father, Paul, in a way, and I like those parallels that we're seeing. Rudeus was still downcast, but he still felt like he wanted to help others, so he saved Sara in the blizzard, and seeing as Sara is quite the tsundere, I'm surprised she didn't punch him at all this episode, which felt like a departure from usual tropes, which I liked. She also defended Rudeus when Suzanne yelled at him for being reckless, when just last episode, Sara herself was the one being harsh towards him. It's great how quickly things have changed.
Jul 16, 2023 9:39 AM
Apr 2021
I've read the manga and tbh I felt a bit disappointed by how they cut certain things just to get a perfect moment for ending the episode. I mean they didn't bother telling why Rudeus got the nickname, like, that's crucial imo. And they made it look like they had the celebration and losing 2 party members in the same day.
rifkiamJul 16, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 16, 2023 9:44 AM

Jan 2018
Wait, Rudeus has names for his legs and arms? What other body parts did he name? That's not weird at all. But at least he's working out.

I guess Rudeus is still depressed. That guy Sol might've been drunk af but he had a point. Currently, Rudeus has that "look at me I'm so sad" kinda face. Hopefully, he does actually get better after this episode.

Looks like Rudeus won over another tsundere, this time Sara, by saving her. Good for her. Shame that one of her friends died though.
Jul 16, 2023 9:45 AM

May 2015
Isidoro4567 said:
RoTkRylas said:

Total disappointment imo 
i didn't read the manga or the light novel but this episode was a mess overall,the Animation wasn't bad but the pacing was terrible it's almost as if they cut a bunch of things and put some pieces together,so much happened in just 23 minutes😬.

They're adapting 6 volumes in 24 23 minute.episodes. That's 4 episodes per volume, and v7 is almost 500 pages alone. Of course some things are going to get skipped/glossed over
Jul 16, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2019
It was really fun from start to finish, good they kept the op and the muscles scene there and the world building was nice too at the Galgau Ruins. Rudeus still not overcoming everything with the Soldat convo exposing cracks but he got to keep pushing, humans dont recover from extreme depression so quickly so should till take some time till hes properly himself and moved on. At least the mentions of Eris in his situation this episode was more limited, thinking more about accomplishments as the Quagmire, working to get enough of a reputation for his mother to find him or vice versa, and his interactions with Counter arrow. Sad that Mimir is dead, but adventurers die easily in this series and he was one that bit the dust sadly here.
Jul 16, 2023 9:47 AM

Dec 2019
billybub said:
Isidoro4567 said:

They're adapting 6 volumes in 24 23 minute.episodes.  That's 4 episodes per volume, and v7 is almost 500 pages alone. Of course some things are going to get skipped/glossed over
They are basically doing 2 chapters per episode, and Vol 7 only has 6 real chapters to adapt. Chapter 3 was bigger than the others, so this episode had more to cover to sacrifice some pacing, still think it was decent enough the way it was done. Next ep should cover similar amount as episode 1.
Jul 16, 2023 9:49 AM

May 2016
anyone got a uncesnored screenshot of that death of mirmir at minute 17?
Jul 16, 2023 9:59 AM
Oct 2019
MegamiRem said:
Appreciate the Sara fanservice, Rudeus did great saving her. Not ready for next episode, not at all.
What will happen next episode? I am curious.
Jul 16, 2023 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Eh, kind of slow-paced so far. I am still enjoying the episodes though.
Sara has NO chance given how we are definitely seeing more of Sylphiette if Ep.0 is anything to go by and Roxy and Eris still exist. I'm not the hugest fan of this party but they are probably more fleshed out than other generic isekai MMORPG starter guilds.
All in all, I am anticipating the next episode or two.
Jul 16, 2023 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
This is where this season has my first major disappointment with the series as a whole anime-wise: this particular segment was just too rushed IMHO. The part with introducing Soldat and the part with rescuing Sara from a monstrous tree-like creature. For someone who really loved the story material, this part felt so flat for me in terms in storyboarding and direction. Sure, there was that short but amazing looking sequence with Rudeus avoiding the tree monster's attacks with his Earth magic, but otherwise this was quite a disappointing display for me. Not necessarily god awful, but it sucks when the anime staff are so limited with their options due to episode count & length as well as their already prevalent time constraints. The good side is that the episode does have a nice introspective of how Rudeus is doing mentally and why it's more complicated than most people would initially think.
Jul 16, 2023 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
Rudy gripping Roxy’s panties as a coping mechanism is the most embarrassing thing in all of anime
Jul 16, 2023 10:11 AM
May 2020
So much character development! Man, I just love Rudeus so much. After he lost Eris I thought he was just gonna stay depressed until he found his mother, but he actually is getting better and found a new love interest, who honestly might top Eris depending on how she acts in the future episodes.
Jul 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
There's a lot of voice actors from Gintama in this show lmao. Sa-chan, Gintoki and even Otose as the Man-God XD
Jul 16, 2023 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
New waifu confirmed
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 16, 2023 10:16 AM
Jul 2019
Great animation.
Jul 16, 2023 10:16 AM
Aug 2020
When Redeus reached into his bag I really thought he had pills in there. Turns out it was his holy treasure :( Should have expected it
Jul 16, 2023 10:19 AM
Oct 2013
Unexpected Kishirika statue in the ruins though
Jul 16, 2023 10:20 AM
Jul 2016
Rudeus is the most accurate depiction of an awkward teenage boy going through puberty I have ever seen in anime. He might have been kinda cute when he was ten, now he's lanky and weird looking lmao. The goddamn shorts and the muscle training don't help either.
Jul 16, 2023 10:24 AM
Jun 2022
This show really can make simple conversations or moments feel very heartfelt
Jul 16, 2023 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Rudeus going through his "working out and getting buff after traumatic heartbreak" arc lmao. Thought it was amusing how he's naming his muscles. 

Man, the drunk dude saw right through Rudy when he was berating him and made some good points tbh. Still, I really wanted Rudy to punch the shit out of his face lol, since that was pretty frustrating to watch.

That was bold of Rudy to go out in the middle of a blizzard to save Sara immediately after hearing she went missing, but our OP mage cleared the storm easily lol. We got some great sakuga during the rescue scene, and I'm glad to see their relationship is a little better. RIP Mimir though. It's nice to see Rudy looking a little happier.
thebrentinator24Jul 16, 2023 10:30 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2022
Ryuseishun said:
This is where this season has my first major disappointment with the series as a whole anime-wise: this particular segment was just too rushed IMHO. The part with introducing Soldat and the part with rescuing Sara from a monstrous tree-like creature. For someone who really loved the story material, this part felt so flat for me in terms in storyboarding and direction. Sure, there was that short but amazing looking sequence with Rudeus avoiding the tree monster's attacks with his Earth magic, but otherwise this was quite a disappointing display for me. Not necessarily god awful, but it sucks when the anime staff are so limited with their options due to episode count & length as well as their already prevalent time constraints. The good side is that the episode does have a nice introspective of how Rudeus is doing mentally and why it's more complicated than most people would initially think.

you summed up perfectly what happened in this episode, to me it is not that they made it bad or rushed, they were kinda forced and didn’t and wanted to cut some other content from the story.
Overall they did their best in my opinion, looking forward to the other contents, as the other volume will have 4 episode each to be adapted e will be more slice of life centered
Jul 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Jan 2022
No one else it found it ironic that he kept putting panties in a box, and not the other way around?
Jul 16, 2023 10:27 AM
Dec 2021
it feels like the episode is getting shorter and shorter
Jul 16, 2023 10:28 AM

May 2015
Ryuseishun said:

There's only so much you can fit in 4 23 minute episodes, and v7 is by far the least important of what's being adapted. I really don't see what the problem is
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

13 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 6, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

453 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

224 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

235 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.