Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Nakami and Magari's journey continues to the Mawaki Site after much debate. After they have come this far, it's too late to turn back now, and they have reached the finish line that is Mawaki Site, because of each other's efforts.

The day shifts to night, and the picture-taking process continues, though this is Nakami's time to give Magari his answer from the kiss that she gave him 2 episodes prior. The eventual confession, and then the iconic mirror picture to take of this significant moment, the sharing of each other's past under the stars, it's all pretty. But yeah, indeed that both Nakami and Magari got scolded by the latter's parents for eloping that way. The radio broadcast that night, as well as the reminiscence of their first meetings in the Astronomy Club, there're so many memories made. Though this time, their insomniac worries aren't much anymore, as long as they are together.

What a great show, and a good adaptation of the manga. A few stumbles here and there, but for the most part, the show is solid.
KANLen09Jul 3, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 3, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
I must admit, i really disliked the first episode, i was not feeling the main character guy much at first, but from the second episode onwards it picked a pace that a few others have.

Very likable duo, one of the most natural progressions and again, pacing i've seen. And while this definitely is a strong romance focus anime, for me the coming of age aspect seemed that much more important.

How it plays with the anxiety plot, and what part it plays in the everyday lives of the high schoolers, us the viewers getting constantly reminded that there just might be something very wrong waiting for us around the corner (with Magari), the ever present of anxiety of our own, so we can relate to the main duo that much more.

Very pleasantly surprised by this.
Jul 3, 2023 9:05 AM
May 2022
Life is transient. It is a looming theme of this series. There comes the importance of how the confession between the two is played out. For Ganta, for as long as he lives, he’ll love Isaki and for Isaki, he created the entire happiest moment of her life. It is the idea of cherishing life to the fullest that shines the most to me when it comes to the relationship between them.

Living and loving “in the moment” is something that strikes me hard when viewing this story. The best scene that exemplifies this idea is them playing together at the night beach in episode 5. Not only is it youthful and beautiful, it is the soul of living in the moment in my eyes. They yelled and laughed with no care in the world, they were so lost in each other that nothing else mattered.

Isaki’s condition has restricted her from viewing the future with certainty so the only certainty is the present. Moments in time go hand in hand with the photography aspect of the series. It is more than just taking pictures of the night sky, it is about taking pictures of your loved ones to capture those moments of beauty to cherish for the rest of your life.

The picture they both took together really represents the equal dynamic between them. The mirror alternating back and forth between them forever, shows how the reciprocal energy of their relationship. They have back and forths, from sharing their feelings, fears and trauma to the light couple’s spat they had last episode.

Most importantly, those two pictures will be something that both of them will remember forever. They will be stored for both to look upon fondly in the foreseeable future as that was the moment they both have let it all out. Those picture can also be shown to their kids if they choose to start a family together.

I can never stress enough how dearly these two mean to each other. It goes beyond just being in love, it’s that they’re a complete part of each other. They make each other better people and are each other’s shining light.

This series understands how to control emotions so wonderfully. It understands the balance between being comfy and being melancholic, and knows when to mix both together. The gradual build up to this finale has been nothing short of sweet and natural. The fluidity of their developing feelings is nothing short of a masterpiece to me. Isaki and Ganta’s relationship is the embodiment of what teenage love is or should be. Their journey to the finale was just IT.

This is my romance anime of the decade, not even close. Isaki and Ganta are my favorite fictional couple ever. It struck many chords in me and moved me so much. This is not even talking about the upcoming content of the manga, that’s whole other level. Since the season ended, I highly recommend you read the manga from the beginning in case season 2 never comes.
Jul 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Oct 2017
Neat season overall, the adaptation is not perfect but it adapted the manga well enough. Animation/visuals were lacking but then again it's a romance anime so it's fine.

I wonder if Makoto Ojiro's other works will also get anime now. Specially Neko no Otera no Chion san, I really hope it does.
Jul 3, 2023 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
That was a beautiful ending. Even though Magari hasn't properly answered Ganta yet, we all know how she will answer him.
Well, this anime really makes me want to go to the Mawaki Ruin. Now, it's time for the planning.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 3, 2023 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
What a bittersweet ending, at least for me. It WAS BEAUTIFUL. A ONE TIME EXPERIENCE. A SHOW THAT WILL LEAVE A MARK TO ME. I LOVE THIS.
Perfection.
10/10.
Jul 3, 2023 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
It was a good ending for the season, happy that i watched it. It was a great journey, hope it gets s2 fast.
Jul 3, 2023 9:31 AM

May 2015
And then they fu...
...furthered their studies of the starry sky. The End.

It was a nice, wholesome anime. 7/10

There is enough material for a second season, so who knows, maybe we will meet with them again in the future.
Jul 3, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2021
great show. gonna have to continue the manga
Jul 3, 2023 9:32 AM

Sep 2021
Red flaggggg. Finish your sentence Magari. Tell him you love him.
Jul 3, 2023 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
For those who wish to continue to read the manga, I recommend continue the manga from chapter 55 (the episode adapts up to chapter 54 and parts of 55), right now there are 110+ chapters available and still ongoing so there are A LOT awaits you to discover.  

By the way, the mangaka is known for her "obsession of happy ending", so keep that in mind while reading this (personally that gives me confidence to keep following this series)

Hope this helps

Jul 3, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2021
Confession! And Nakami won the contest! Love to see it.

One of the best romance anime this season along with Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu.
I loved every character and their interactions. Magari and Nakami's reasons of their insomnia were really understandable, I especially related with Nakami.
A second season someday would be really nice. For now I'm gonna hop into the manga.
9/10
Jul 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2020
Brilliant show brilliant characters 
Jul 3, 2023 9:49 AM
Mar 2022
Somehow the ep is on 9anime but the subtitles aren’t yet 😭
Jul 3, 2023 9:51 AM

Aug 2020
My AOTS , best couple of last 2-3 yeas, that's it.
Jul 3, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
A stellar finale to end an excellent show overall. I've loved this manga for a few years now as well as Makoto Ojiro's works and art in general, so seeing this get an anime had me excited but cautious too. The production overall was decent, maybe if it was in the hands of a more talented, creative staff, this show could have been one of my all-time favorites like the manga. Still, it was a solidly executed adaptation as a whole and still had me invest in it a ton. The music was good, the art was decent and evoked enough emotion to have me engaged. And as for the story and characters, I knew that was going to be amazing to watch after reading the manga and it delivered here too. The main duo of Magari and Nakami are one of the best romantic duos I've seen in all of anime/manga with great chemistry and development/progression throughout, and the side characters were fantastic too to watch. Whether it was Ukegawa's friendship with Nakami or all the girls having a blast with each other and messing around, nothing feels phony and everything oozes youth and nostalgia for me. A lot of this franchise reminds me of what I experienced growing up and I'm grateful to have been able to see this get an anime.

Would give this a comfortable 9/10. My Anime of the Season for Spring 2023, and the best show I've personally enjoyed since Mushoku Tensei Season 1 and Link Click Season 1, all the way in 2021. I did enjoy this more than every single show last year. With better production, would've maybe even been a top 20 anime for me. But it was still pretty damn great to watch weekly.
animejasJul 3, 2023 9:56 AM
Jul 3, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
Very brilliant and beautiful final episode this show has just been a joy to watch I so hope it gets a second season
Jul 3, 2023 10:00 AM

Sep 2022
One of the best of this season, now eagerly awaiting the announcement of the second season 🤞

Jul 3, 2023 10:11 AM

Sep 2009
So far best romance show this year for me. There are reliable leaks about S2 beong greenlit, but let's wait for official announcement.
Jul 3, 2023 10:13 AM
Aug 2020
It was great, beautiful couple, can wait to heard for an S2…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 3, 2023 10:23 AM

Feb 2019
“When I’m with you, even my sleepless nights aren’t bad” what a finale. One of the best and most natural high school slice of life romances I’ve seen. Nakami and Isaki bounced off each other so well in this and the themes of the transience of youth and life in general really hit home.

The finale was a beautiful send off for the two leads. I love how much more confident Nakami is now. His confession was so characteristic of who he is. Isaki’s desire to take a photo to keep that moment is also indicative of who she is as a person. Because of her health, she can’t look at the future as a guarantee, so keeping photos and looking back on the past is all she has.

That dream-like sequence at the end was just perfect as well. We all know how Isski’s going to respond to the confession, but damn I wanted to hear it 😂

All around great show, can’t wait for season 2.
Marinate1016Jul 3, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 3, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2022
still can't get this out of my head. He looks so good. Btw great anime, Art style looks realistic but still anime like.
Jul 3, 2023 10:29 AM

May 2020
This feels like a complete finale, though it ain't by any means, I mean there's still plenty left to adapt after this lol. But you give a confession, callbacks to the first episode and heck even the temporary goal a conclusion.. so it goes without saying it'll feel this COMPLETE.

Loved the adaptation, but one shouldn't turn a blind eye on subpar production from LIDENFILMS. That's one truth which will live with this series. Apart from that it were only highs for the most part.

Dearly hope a second season comes and then that time studio improves this one thing.
Jul 3, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2015
In the end they didn't use the observatory's telescope even though it appear in almost every episode and in the anime's poster. This is quite misleading.
Jul 3, 2023 10:30 AM
Dec 2021
nice episode, nice anime
Jul 3, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2020
good episode, good adaptation overall, but manga is much superior
to me the way they ended the season clearly says, that there will be no s2, so don't get your hopes high and go read the manga, it's amazing!
Jul 3, 2023 10:36 AM

Oct 2016
Magari really did a pointing wojack
Jul 3, 2023 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
One is afraid of tomorrow, the other afraid that it won't come. These two being able to enjoy their nights together is magic. And since the future is uncertain it makes every moment count all the more. This series exemplified the sentiment so well, as the scenes felt full of life.

Great progression and ending even without a second season. Enjoyed the supporting cast a lot too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2023 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
phantomfandom said:
In the end they didn't use the observatory's telescope even though it appear in almost every episode and in the anime's poster. This is quite misleading.

They did, I believe in episode 8
Jul 3, 2023 11:02 AM

Mar 2020
"When I'm with you, even the sleepless nights aren't so bad."

The finish line that was Mawaki Site, and it was great to see Nakami and Magari finish their trip with no regrets, despite Magari getting grounded by her parents for eloping. A lot of great nighttime sceneries this episode, with a nice confession to wrap it all up. So many fond memories have been made, and they relived all of that in a nice sequence in the final minutes of the episode. While they might still have insomnia, they have each other now, and all seems to be good.

Overall, this was a very fine show, with moments of brilliance and relatability, but I just wish it could have looked even better visually for more impact. It was a good showing of the struggles of teenagers, and the romance was very organic. There were some hiccups in the middle of the series, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. Hopefully we get a sequel.

8/10.
Jul 3, 2023 11:05 AM
Aug 2022
I really enjoyed this anime
Jul 3, 2023 11:16 AM
Mar 2023
Beautiful ending I hope this continues so that love and beautiful experiences continue to live
Jul 3, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2021
the best romance anime i have seen so far masterpiece 10/10
Jul 3, 2023 11:54 AM

Sep 2018
Back when this show started airing, I never thought I would find myself here 13 weeks later melting my eyes off at one of the most heartfelt confession scenes ever before it had even properly begun.

The first episodes were a 7/10 at best, they had me intrigued but not yet impressed. However, as the weeks went by, it all started resonating with me in a way very few stories have managed to do: the amount of character, dimension and palpable authenticity in the entire cast with both their shortcomings and celebrations, the accurate representation of the struggle of growing up as an outlier and most of all, the undoubted soulmate chemistry between the two main characters. Seriously, it was refreshing, gratifying and absolutely thrilling to watch two characters be unadulteratedly in-love with each other without shying away from being affectionate or shooting their shot. If someone ever asks for my favorite romance, I finally have an answer, because this is all I've ever wanted from one.

I'll miss this anime a lot, but the finale was a solid way to make the anime feel like a conclusive work even if you don't continue on to the manga – I'll be off to doing that right now though.
Jul 3, 2023 11:58 AM
May 2021
that was the absolute cutest end to the season. and the picture was gorgeous, im so happy they won the contest. really hope it'll get a second season, but for now i guess ill have to read the manga.
My 2023 candies:
Jul 3, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2008
As cynical and jaded as I can often be with many modern anime titles, must admit this series was one that genuinely resonated with me throughout its 13-episode run with the believability and relatability it offered up with the developments of Magiri and Nakami's individual characters and their relationship as a whole. You don't always need an elaborate, complicated plot to engage an audience and the slice-of-life romance with the two was one I was greatly hooked on throughout this season. Even though the manga continues on beyond what the anime adapted, it's still at a point where you could say it was conclusive without leaving any kind of loose ends, something that many anime based on ongoing source material can often struggle with.
Jul 3, 2023 12:09 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As they reached their destination and took a photo that unfortunately didn't translate as neatly to the anime as one would hope, we've also reached the end of the series.

There are a lot of things that it does right. From the characterization that delves into how Nakami and Magari ended up with their corresponding situation, to the lofi and soft beats used in the soundtrack appropriate for the night scenes. The astronomical photography theme implemented surely is an engaging one and I wished it was given a bit more focus. Instead we witnessed some interactions between Magari and her group of friends that, to me at least, came off as way too childish. That wasn't that big of an issue mind you, just something that put me off from time to time.

Finally there's the romantic subplot that I believe was handled well enough and led to various embarrassing yet wholesome moments. I say subplot since their bond I believe took the spotlight but those too are similar and could be exchanged either way.

Good series
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 3, 2023 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
Good show, good ending, good OST. 
Jul 3, 2023 12:14 PM
Mar 2023
This was the perfect series for me, I love this with all my passion.
10/10
Jul 3, 2023 12:17 PM
Feb 2021
Worst OP of the season but probably my favorite show. 8/10 going to take a bath with my toaster
Jul 3, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2022
wholesome end to a cute and nice anime
Jul 3, 2023 12:19 PM

Sep 2016
When I started it, I had no idea that I was going to love it sooo much. For me the best anime of the season!
Jul 3, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2021
Anyone know what chapter to pick up the manga after the anime?
Jul 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Jun 2021
Such a heartwarming anime with some heart wrenching dialogues. For me, it's one of the best romance this season.
Jul 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Oct 2021
part_time_weeb said:
i would suggest to read from the start. it got amazing art and atmosphere. you wont regret it.
Jul 3, 2023 12:41 PM

Jun 2021
part_time_weeb said:

Someone said chapter 55
Jul 3, 2023 12:43 PM

Oct 2021
the adaptation of one of my favorite manga and one of the best romances i have experienced lived up to my expectation. it was not perfect but they were able to capture the magic of makoto ojiro's writing quite well. it was easily my new anime of spring 2023 and the best show of the year yet beside vinland saga. eagerly waiting for second season now.
Jul 3, 2023 12:43 PM

May 2015
Beautiful. Best anime in this season.
Jul 3, 2023 12:44 PM
May 2019
I loved every damn minute of this show. Absolutely a 10/10!
Jul 3, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2021
Finally one of those animes where parents actually care about their child XD!

Gotta be really honest, we got some really beautiful "realistic" animes in this season like Skip to Loafer & Insomniacs after school was no exception to this, let us admit the fact that we all could felt how Ganta actually did at the beginning of the season, it all just started from his interest in that ware house along with Magari to get his day naps and see how far he came after that! Magari somehow opened the doors of all the joys he was missing out being an insomniac in nights while Ganta did all these things to save his club which he probably thought as one of the only common connections he had with Magari in the beginning. This tells you that how the flow of story was natural and balanced. And off course every anime focusing on the beauty of night definitely has got some beautiful art style and above average animation with beautiful osts

The romance developed in the most realistic way possible imo & never felt forced especially when they could actually share their personal insecurities with each other, the SoL stories are predictable so they do tend to get boring at some moments which was in the case of this series as well especially in the beginning so that was probably my only complaint with it (well I understand those boring part are important for all the set up & build ups), although the ending seems really satisfying where they won't need to make another season, I would have definitely liked to see more of them and what would have they done now after coming this far? Trying to continue new research & discover new experience or development in romance so yeah.... a bittersweet feeling

Anyways I enjoyed this anime overall and easy one of the rare shows that I can recommend to any romance fan as a "must watch"

MY OVERALL RATING FOR THIS SERIES: 8.9/10 (round off to 9), will definitely hope for Season 2
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.