Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 25, 2023 3:06 PM
Dec 2021
Besides the world and space conflicts being swept under the 'all is good' rug, I think a more satisfying ending/reunion with Miorine and Suletta should've been a date between them before marriage. Everyone wants too see a kiss or an actual marriage of the two but those idea hinges more on viewers self gratification, to please one's ego, rather than extending a more realistic relationship that was setup from the start. Suletta in the first season mention many times about her list of things to do while attending school and was crossing things off she had done over time (giving a nickname to a friend, Mio-Mio!). 
On her list of things to do was to go on a date...So why didn't the writers pick up off from that and have either Suletta or Miorine ask each other out? If Miorine ask Suletta out on a date, that would cement their relationship further of how much Miorine care and remembers the small stuff of Suletta. It sort of draws the viewers back into season 1 that was just about teenagers in school who was cruelly pull into the adult war/politics. That despite everything they gone through and the amount of trauma they faced, a scene of them on a date would let us perceive as young teens in love. Skipped three years later and resume this grass in the field of a married couple. 
Honestly, while I have my bias on yuri shows, I do want to it make sense and have a natural growth. It certainly could use a one more season to even out all the major issues and explain all the space mumbo jumbo (permet score, data storm, Earth itself, the House leaders), maybe a few more episodes to give a better conclusion to each major char, or hell...even just a few more minutes of them on a date at a park.
I enjoy this series, ending sours it a bit but nonetheless a Gundam anime that I'm glad I've watch.
7.5/10
Jul 26, 2023 5:45 AM

Sep 2013
Why was Nika punished but Prospera not??? Or the other baddies? This is so stupis and makes zero sense. Overall enjoyable anime, but the ending is soooo botched.
Jul 27, 2023 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
Ehh felt it was a bit too idealistic and a bit rushed as well. Really enjoyed the Guel and Luada characterization. Reminded me of aspects of myself I've yet to incorporate.
Jul 30, 2023 9:45 PM
Jun 2023
Anti-feminism Season 2
Jul 31, 2023 6:18 PM

Feb 2018
So we got a happy ending huh? Glad to see that everything and everyone fall in place.
Aug 2, 2023 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty much turned into GOMI 

3/10
Aug 27, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 2020
it is def up to interpretation
Sep 2, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2015
I like how they brought back people even from the prologue. Suletta kind of needed that closure with the Elan that she first met. Nice epilogue. Wish we could've seen the wedding and Miorine's mom but oh well. And now Eri is in a keychain. Interesting.

This was one heck of a ride. Watched movies of the old Gundam but now I want to watch even more thanks this Witch from Mercury. It's nice that the episode title is from the last verse in the first OP by YOASOBI.
Sep 4, 2023 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
Overall I enjoyed the series but the 2nd season left me disappointed. It got too messy in a convoluted in the 2nd season. Things were rushed and conflict came out of nowhere like the brother suddenly turning on them. The relationship between Suletta and Miorine should have been noticeably strained after what Suletta did in the finale of the first season but Suletta seemed completely unaffected by it and Miorine just forgot about it pretty soon after one uneventful conversation between the two about it. Then similarly when Miorine betray Suletta, there was barely a reaction from her. No devastation from having Aerial ripped from her and no anger at Miorine. How something could happen to Suletta but she'd get over it immediately without it impacting her really made things feel rushed as the showrunners didn't want to give time for Suletta to come to terms with what happen and bounce back at a natural pace. Instead they rushed right to the next story point. Ending was a deus ex. Somehow everything turned out well, and certain powers suddenly came out of nowhere. The mom's motivations where also a bit vague along with the consequences of what she was planning to achieve with quiet zero. What negative effects would it have on people exactly? They never showed it. Her whole plan wasn't well explained at all. They needed Suletta in the school fighting and all the sudden in 2nd season they didn't anymore? They really didn't have a clear vision of what they were taking the series. Suletta new gundam was also kinda boring, with it just focusing on the witch broomstick gimmick. Concept of fighting your own gundam was interesting as the setup for Ariel being an unstoppable force was done throughout the series but it didn't really lead into an emotionally charged climax with all the messy other elements happening at the same time like a giant space laser pointed at them. All the setup was there in season 1 but it seems like they tried to cram 3 seasons worth of content all into the 2nd season since they weren't greenlit for more than that which is just disappointing with how well season 1 was done.
RowdSep 4, 2023 8:10 PM
Sep 16, 2023 3:43 AM

May 2009
What a fucking rushed garbage ending. Quiet Zero was such disappointment.
Sep 30, 2023 2:26 PM

Mar 2021
lol, this show has more negative reviews than positive reviews.
Oct 1, 2023 6:46 AM
Dec 2022
made me cry a few times Guel the goat
Oct 19, 2023 2:01 AM

Nov 2016
and an amazing ending overall. thanks to this season, i can forget about the meh season 1. instead of a school setting, i just pretended everyone was an adult going thru this season instead of kids playing companies etc
this season had lots of deep thoughts and felt more fitting than being in school with so many political backstabbers

i also agree with so many things glazed (or more correctly lazed) over like how suletta was treated by those around her. but overall better than the 1st season
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Oct 21, 2023 12:20 PM
Jun 2023
I know the anime has ended but can i say. this gundam anime is actually more about character anime story and teenagers problems other than mech (gundam) fights, war of different view on how the world suppose to be like the older gundam anime, but now its like anime nowadays with school settings which it's enjoyble but on gundam, kinda deviate from gundam usual stuff where usually its military theme and tbh it could work but change the school to military school as its kinda hard to grasp a learning technology advancement school has authority to use MS with weapons(not just melee weapons) on school where something in irl only military has authority and permission to use them. altough there is gundam build series which is different too but it behave more like shounen anime and probably its own gundam category not inline with main category of gundam like WFM and why only 2 season with 12 ep each with some questionable plot progress and finally rushed ending so why its so short it could have been bit longer than this so it will end nicely, (Bandai just fucking admit it this is yuri gundam there's no need to deny it).

Also do the seed movie really need that much cgi even though you could do the animation like WFM but for a movie and might i add atleast do it like hathaway flash with has kinda perfect balance between cgi and 2d animation.

And i know there's other gundam anime have a some common thing with wfm in story but atleast they show more reality of piloting a ms but in this too much afraid killing characters where if you watch could/should have die in battle like other gundam anime but no, so maybe if it's like gundam build series not problem but it's not so kinda weird to me atleast and i probably fine if the story kinda same with another AU gundam anime: IBO (i might get hate for this) where it tells story of kids being strong and kinda of revenge story on the world.
Im sorry to people reading this, this is just my opinion and controvesial thought hanging in my mind where it i kept remember everytime i see this anime and thought maybe should let it out in some way and get people take on it?. peace

edit: im sorry if everything don't make sense, english not my primary language.
Nov 1, 2023 7:12 PM
Jan 2012
I was never interested in Gundam, but this particular anime caught my attention and gave me the will of watching the other Gundam series. If I had the time, I would've watched this one all in one day. The BGM, openings, endings, the story and characters, everything is perfect! Loved it. Too bad the fanbase of Gundam is so narrowminded and are biased of this anime solely because of homophobia. I can't see any other reason why they would judge it so much. They can't see how this can bring more public to their franchise, and thus, more money for new anime. Tsk.
Nov 2, 2023 7:34 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to IsahMooN
I was never interested in Gundam, but this particular anime caught my attention and gave me the will of watching the other Gundam series. If I had the time, I would've watched this one all in one day. The BGM, openings, endings, the story and characters, everything is perfect! Loved it. Too bad the fanbase of Gundam is so narrowminded and are biased of this anime solely because of homophobia. I can't see any other reason why they would judge it so much. They can't see how this can bring more public to their franchise, and thus, more money for new anime. Tsk.
@IsahMooN
i'm not trying fuel very worse arguement but you're not entirely wrong about it can bring more into franchise and more stories to be made but in reality all of this somewhat based on figurines/gunpla kits and collectibles other than the anime, one i can think of is Gundam Crossbone (UC timeline) which has a quite fans wanting get adapted to anime but they didn't and well it has gone succesfully on it's own i believe which is why it's anime hasn't come to light and for homophobia well some really was just shocked as for they never see it coming out of a gundam mech scifi military anime and probably others is the traditional person and others the new normal person (nowadays) where they can accept it as probably has watch other anime with very intentionally yuri or yaoi stuff for the story (core part) and seeing this, just yes then watch it and yes this more a gundam with typical mainstream stuff like friendship powers where in the old gundam anime do more with military stuff (incorporate bad and good stuff but sometime no one knows which is bad or good just like real world military stuff) and tbh to me (maybe im psycho or not) the somewhat realistic deaths satisfied me also i'm not hating on WFM but just wish no school stuff (i really didn't enjoy that) and make it longer (have it like old gundam which has 24 or 26 ep per season) as this has ending that i don't like it much as everyone just escaped responbility over they done with just one just one! character that got imprisoned like WTH?
Dec 1, 2023 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
Yay Happy ending (sort of) everyone is alive and that last tranformation looked great.

I enjoyed the ride, it was fun.

The ending reminded me a little bit of "Izetta the last witch" with how Suletta ended up xD
Dec 31, 2023 2:06 AM
serial obsessive

Jan 2012
I won't call it perfect, but the ending redeemed the show for me. I'm fine with riding the emotional high despite plot holes. 🥲
Forever a reader, rarely a watcher. Also listens to music.

⸢There are three ways to survive in a ruined world.⸥
⸢I’ve forgotten a few by now. However, one thing’s for certain.⸥
⸢And that is, the you reading these words will get to survive.⸥
⸢This story is for just that one reader.⸥
Jan 13, 5:02 PM

Nov 2013
The show was entertaining but man this season and especially the ending were so rushed. We should have probably had another 10 episodes fleshing everything out. Last episode was asspull after asspull. It's too bad this show feels like it didn't get the amount of episodes it needed.

I can see you

Jan 23, 8:54 PM
Mar 2016
Can I just ask some questions in regard to episode 12? it's too confusing!
1: who is Ceres Elan that show up in episode 12 when he trying to find the location base on the art book of Du Noc Norea?
2: And who is Ceres Elan that is show up having the discussion with Guel at the end of episode 12? He was the one told Guel that he is the one found new jobs for all of Guel's employees?

Who is the Ceres Elan that joining with Suletta to stop Quiet Zero? And who is the Ceres Elan that stay in with HQ and later resignning?
I need more details. Which Elan is the one stop Norea before she was killed? And who is the Elan that join MC stopping Quiet Zero?
Jan 27, 4:51 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to KinjiKido
Can I just ask some questions in regard to episode 12? it's too confusing!
1: who is Ceres Elan that show up in episode 12 when he trying to find the location base on the art book of Du Noc Norea?
2: And who is Ceres Elan that is show up having the discussion with Guel at the end of episode 12? He was the one told Guel that he is the one found new jobs for all of Guel's employees?

Who is the Ceres Elan that joining with Suletta to stop Quiet Zero? And who is the Ceres Elan that stay in with HQ and later resignning?
I need more details. Which Elan is the one stop Norea before she was killed? And who is the Elan that join MC stopping Quiet Zero?
@KinjiKido There are three different Elan Ceres depicted in the story. One is the original and the other two are body doubles.

The original Elan Ceres who is the CEO of Peil. He has multiple body doubles to keep him safe. This is the one at the end with Guel and Secelia.

Elan #4 Was a body double of the previously mentioned character. You may remember he was executed in season 1. You see his "ghost" or "soul" joining with Suletta to stop Quiet Zero.

The final Elan is #5. He was the replacement for Elan #4 after his death. He tried to prevent Norea du Noc's death and later on was out in the wilderness trying to find the location based on the artbook.

Jan 27, 5:22 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Mechabandit
@KinjiKido There are three different Elan Ceres depicted in the story. One is the original and the other two are body doubles.

The original Elan Ceres who is the CEO of Peil. He has multiple body doubles to keep him safe. This is the one at the end with Guel and Secelia.

Elan #4 Was a body double of the previously mentioned character. You may remember he was executed in season 1. You see his "ghost" or "soul" joining with Suletta to stop Quiet Zero.

The final Elan is #5. He was the replacement for Elan #4 after his death. He tried to prevent Norea du Noc's death and later on was out in the wilderness trying to find the location based on the artbook.

@Mechabandit Thanks for explaining.
Feb 9, 2:26 AM

Apr 2014
its been a while since i have enjoyed a gundam series

thinking the last one was 00

but i have to say this gundam series i fully enjoyed it so much to even say this had to have been my all time fave gundam series

not only that this is the first time ever within gundam i can say im pretty satisfied with how it all ends

while all other gundam series dont really give a full end this one pretty much gave as the most full end than any other gundam

but yeah with that said

i loved everything about this gundam series and yeah its my all time fave in the gundam series

now i do wonder what will the next gundam series to come out will be like
"one step at a time"
Feb 16, 4:25 AM

Jul 2017
for me, a perfect ending for a litte flawed but beautiful show.

Seeing Suletta and Miorine finally married at the end was so cute, with their rings, and after iron blooded orphans i pretty much needed a sweet and good ending, and i appreciate that they had the courage to make a homosexual couple the protagonist.

The animations were awesome, the music was really good and i loved the cast of characters, even if i would have preferred to see more of some of them.

maybe this show would have benefited from a couple more episodes, to reduce the sense of narrative speed at the end, but I loved it anyway.

Overall a 9/10 for me, definitely one of my favorite gundam shows.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 7, 4:55 AM
Oct 2017
LMFAO, Shiq & Nika are the only ones that goto prison? Good grief!
Apr 23, 4:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to DarkDooM2
Average ending to an average series. In the end it never really felt like a Gundam show for some reason. The yuri was kinda useless. Remove it and nothing would change.
Beautiful scene for the climax (I think the song is called "Farewell Gundam"), around 14:50-16:35... the soundtrack for this series carries the final episodes like crazy, it was emotional due to that, but I wanted something plotwise that would toy with my feelings more, maybe I m twisted and expected a more fucked ending like IBO S2, but while I don't think the finale was bad, I wanted some spice, since the earlier parts of S2 were crazy in destroying the characters and viewers alike.

Animation was mostly great, so the OST isn't the sole achiever, but these final bits relied more on the OST than earlier episodes, that had quality plot being revealed and blowing your mind.

The final villain felt like an afterthought, a bit more time to develop these final episodes, maybe a higher episode count, might have helped.
I did like that the yuri sailed and it was not just yuri bait, but not even a kiss!
Interactions between Miorine and Sulleta were very few this season, they were far apart too much, yes they didn't want to focus on the romance too much, but for the second season, they should have been together more often, and developed their relationship, and not always in a positive way, but more screentime for both together would have been nice.

I don't want to nitpick too much and to end on a better note, the ED2 (S2 ED1) Red.Birthmark gotta be one of the better-produced endings ever, I never skipped it on an single episode, it enhanced a lot of episodes, the way they were ending, I would have not feel as much if not for it and the amazing OST that elevated a lot of scenes.

If it was not for those, I would bitch more because I felt the second half of this season falls a bit shorter to episodes 1-6 (13-18), which were more exciting and had that WOW factor to them, what we got on ep23 and 24 was very safe, and predictable.

Those are my problems with S2, I believe S1 was less exciting, so this was an upgrade overall and it was good to see Gundam coming back and hitting it on the mark again, rather than truly being shit.

8.6/10 = 9 (the soundtrack for this season has to be among the very top of Gundam songs, mighty even better than IBO's)

DarkDooM2 said:
Average ending to an average series. In the end it never really felt like a Gundam show for some reason. The yuri was kinda useless. Remove it and nothing would change.

Gotta agree the yuri didn't change anything really, but with the amazing OST this series had, it would already be way higher than any truly average anime, so it cant be called average!!

PlaycoolApr 23, 5:15 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

92 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

127 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

157 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

95 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

97 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.