Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 2023 8:01 PM
Jan 2023
Uh oh sibling issues... 😬
Jun 25, 2023 8:53 PM

Dec 2008
I really liked the episode overall, even though I feel that the political aspect of this series got a little...Shallow? Like, the groups used to be super restrictive when developing technology and particularly with the case of the Gundams where everyone knew unless the Benerit Group was involved. But now it turns out that Peil Group and the other guy had a super cannon developed in secret?

Also Schwarzette Gundam is peak design holy molly. I need a kit ASAP
LanhikariJun 25, 2023 8:57 PM
Jun 26, 2023 1:01 AM

Feb 2014
ssjokg said:
And no way next ep has a satisfying ending. S2 will happen surely.
But this IS season 2.
Jun 26, 2023 1:35 AM

Mar 2019
Really beautiful animation this episode.

My only complaint with this episode and the story line in general this late in the game is that Lauda's breakdown happened too quickly. I would have preferred to see him slowly boil up and then explode in rage over a longer stretch of the season, rather then immediately going psycho after finding out 2 episodes ago that Bob killed his dad. It felt like they just tossed that conflict in here to take up some screen time because the build up to this point wasn't as good as the other plot lines.
Jun 26, 2023 1:50 AM

Aug 2009
Ictius said:
ssjokg said:
And no way next ep has a satisfying ending. S2 will happen surely.
But this IS season 2.
this is second cour. This trend of calling 12 eps 3 months apart different seasons is fucking stupid even if official.
Jun 26, 2023 1:58 AM

Feb 2014
ssjokg said:
Ictius said:
But this IS season 2.
this is second cour. This trend of calling 12 eps 3 months apart different seasons is fucking stupid even if official.
Go and tell that to Sunrise. If they call it season 2, then it is season 2.
Jun 26, 2023 2:41 AM

Dec 2008
Partially a good episode, partially bad, super bad.
Suletta only keeps evading, since they put her in a really bad position with constant permet 5 and an inferior Gundam.
Aerial felt pity and sabotaging the Data Storm was a good move, but it appeared too convenient.
The students infiltration of Quiet Zero was rather cool, but do they have no other military units to do such dangerous jobs?
Another faction appears as they think Lagrange 4 became a bad colony with all the chaos spreading recently.
Coincidence that they have a super beam from Stardust Memory, but apparently it can be stopped by a single Gundam.

Of course Schwarzette wins, the Jeturk family really sucks at piloting mechs, the dad, Guel and Lauda.
In a real Gundam show Guel would have exploded but it was nice that they patched up the cockpit and family problems.

I complain about the lacking world building with all the factions we barely know and lacking build up of characters and their connections.
Why did they actually bother with showing us the planet earth faction, they added nothing of importance to the plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2023 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
Fabienne said:
Partially a good episode, partially bad, super bad.
Suletta only keeps evading, since they put her in a really bad position with constant permet 5 and an inferior Gundam.
Aerial felt pity and sabotaging the Data Storm was a good move, but it appeared too convenient.
The students infiltration of Quiet Zero was rather cool, but do they have no other military units to do such dangerous jobs?
Another faction appears as they think Lagrange 4 became a bad colony with all the chaos spreading recently.
Coincidence that they have a super beam from Stardust Memory, but apparently it can be stopped by a single Gundam.

Of course Schwarzette wins, the Jeturk family really sucks at piloting mechs, the dad, Guel and Lauda.
In a real Gundam show Guel would have exploded but it was nice that they patched up the cockpit and family problems.

I complain about the lacking world building with all the factions we barely know and lacking build up of characters and their connections.
Why did they actually bother with showing us the planet earth faction, they added nothing of importance to the plot.

It wasn't aerial that sabotaged the data storm.

They are bad pilots? Why? At the very least Lauda is the only one that sucks.

You realize Earth group is why Guel,Miorine and Elan have character development right?
Just because they aren't also in the fight doesn't mean they aren't important.

You can complain but literally all the flaws you find are you failing at paying attention.

EDIT:Also, it wasn't just one Gundam.
Are you even looking at the screen?
ssjokgJun 26, 2023 3:11 AM
Jun 26, 2023 4:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Aerial is really down... I wonder how things will end with Prospera now
Jun 26, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2019
Who sabotaged the data storm? The only thing I can think of is maybe some hidden code Miorine's mum left behind. I'm wondering if that'll be revealed next episode.

Honestly kinda let down than only Eri seemed to die though. Belmeria straight up used her body to shield Miorine and even she got out unharmed. Same with Guel, they set him up to mirror his father's death but he lives too.

I think the pacing issues are really starting to set in for me too, it's trying to resolve Miorine and her mother, Suletta, Eri and Prospera, Guel and Lauda's relationship and a bunch of politics all at once; and it's messy.

I think the reveal that Eri is inside Aerial should have been the season 1 finale (the community had worked it out already anyway), so season 2 could've had a couple more episodes.

I still want to give the show a 10/10 though because it is by far the most fun I've had watching a seasonal show in a while, I hope the last episode is able to tie everything up.

Jun 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Jan 2010
Can't wait for the last episode
Jun 26, 2023 7:44 AM
Jun 2007
Sibling duel for Jetuk family.
Aerial sacrificed and"stopped" big planetary cannon.
Jun 26, 2023 7:58 AM

Jun 2023
poemofdevil said:
Really beautiful animation this episode.

Mse the build up to this poinint whis episode in general this late in the game is that Lauda's breakdown happened too quickly. I would have preferred ;owur9'fpjagwreiwly bthen exploden rage over a loy only complatch of the sith teason, ratheriately going psycho after finding oute and the story lin 2 episodes ago that Bob killed his dad. It felt like thoil up and ey just tossed that conflict in here to take up some screen time becaung then immedod as the otheer stret wasn't as gor plot lines. i
ok. no one needed your opinion.
Jun 26, 2023 1:23 PM
May 2019
Idk but i really didn't like this episode.
So why was Lauda fighting Guel to the death and then is shocked that he could die from an attack lmao how dumb is this guy? Why even try in the first place.
Then we got an asspull Death Star weapon out of nowhere just to make Eri sacrifice herself and that Suletta maybe even remembers her fondly? Oh come on, Eri and Prospera are still assholes and this doesn't redeem them.
And the fight was really a letdown too. Only style over substance with effects and fast animations that might look gorgeous but has no interesting tactics or maneuvers to make it more exciting. Suletta was most of the time just dodging.
I got to say that this end segement of the anime really pushed it down for me. It was way too rushed and the set up way to long. All of a sudden Quiet Zero is finished and the fight started. This Gundam series needed twice its length like other ones to about 50 eps.
Sadly this is not it for me.
Jun 26, 2023 4:58 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was really sort of shockingly bad, and in general the quality of the writing has nosedived pretty consistently as S2 progressed. Like, the Schwarzette is an extremely cool mobile suit, and fucking jobber Lauda is the pilot, in a completely unrelated B plot? Why? 

As an aside, the number of extremely dumb asspulls in this episode was really wild, and Eri's personality was *nothing* like what it was in the Cradle World. She doesn't even have any motives other than "don't stop mom!" Nobody has any strong motives! Things are sort of just happening on screen without a lot of rhyme or reason, and it's really, frankly, crushingly disappointing. The writing staff obviously wrote too many checks that they couldn't cash; it legitimately feels like the last 6 or 7 episodes were written by a completely different team than S1. I would be shocked if this show somehow manages to pull itself up for the last episode. 
PraxisCatJun 26, 2023 5:01 PM
Jun 26, 2023 7:07 PM
Aug 2018
I might've gotten lost, but who/what was Miorine's mom?
Jun 26, 2023 10:07 PM
Jul 2021
JulesSugoi said:
Don't worry, she's been a complete non-presence / non-character on the show getting shoe-horned in at the last moment. Miorine's mom was a bioengineer who wanted humanity to develop by taking cues from plants. Somehow, this relates to Quiet Zero. She died when Miorine was a kid. She developed the tomato strain that Miorine grows.

And that's all we know!
Jun 27, 2023 4:04 AM

Oct 2017
That was a real close call for Guel, Felsi with the save. Lauda though, quite annoying. Miorine managed to stop quiet zero but damn is Eri now gone? The assembly and peil group gotta pay. I really wonder how they'll wrap this up in one episode. Most likely outcome is a timeskip.
Jun 27, 2023 6:06 AM
Jan 2018
Finale is almost here! Let’s see if Team Eri wins…
Jun 27, 2023 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Fabienne said:

They already established that they did, and the Asticassia students chose to do it themselves anyway to resolve their personal concerns. This happened in the previous episode.

It was stopped by the most powerful Gundam in this timeline alongside about a hundred Gundvolvas. That seems reasonable enough.

Not only have Miorine, Shaddiq, Guel, Prospera, the Dawn of Fold and Earth House all been directly impacted by Earth and the events on it, but we had an entire sequence of events involving Miorine and Prospera going to the planet and having to deal with issues there that directly led to the current situation. What exactly would you have preferred, in terms of "importance?"

ReddeluGuy said:

And the fight was really a letdown too. Only style over substance with effects and fast animations that might look gorgeous but has no interesting tactics or maneuvers to make it more exciting. Suletta was most of the time just dodging.

While I completely agree with the sentiment that animation plays second fiddle to interesting strategy, I really don't know how Suletta could have done better. Aerial and the Gundvolvas swarmed her from every angle with ranged weaponry, in a wide open sphere with nothing to hide behind. The only thing I can think of is to head to QZ as fast as possible in the hopes Eri will abate her attacks so as not to hit it by accident, which in the end she did.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jun 27, 2023 3:57 PM
May 2023
FELSI MVP !!!!!!!!!!1
Jun 27, 2023 11:42 PM
Nov 2018
The plot is an utter mess.
Jun 28, 2023 9:46 AM
Mar 2020
ballin very hard )
Jun 28, 2023 10:09 PM

Mar 2014
so pointlless on the battle between Guel and his brother like literally half of the ep was wasted on them. The director should focus more on two main leads not those supporting characters.
Jun 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
awesome insane ep! and the OST damn feels like a movie!
5/5.

Jun 29, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2021
ButtSlapper said:
so pointlless on the battle between Guel and his brother like literally half of the ep was wasted on them. The director should focus more on two main leads not those supporting characters.
It's pretty heavily implied in a recent interview that Okouchi gave with CUT magazine that the Bandai-Sunrise executives (led by the staff producer) intervened in the S2 story to make Guel much more prominent because he's a potential male lead, and Bandai-Sunrise has been resisting a female lead in a Gundam (against what a number of writers and directors, including Tomino himself, have wanted) for nearly 30 years. In other words, the equivalent of some MBAs busting into the writers room and saying "make this boy show up way more."

Not really surprising, since Bandai-Sunrise has intervened in a number of different Gundam's writing (always for the worse), but it would explain why Guel's story arc has been so weird and at direct odds with the actual themes of the show.
Jun 29, 2023 8:40 PM

Jul 2008
Well...there goes Eri...I don't see how this wraps up in just 1 episode.

Lauda was an idiot to the end, as was Mama who doesn't give a shit about Suletta.
Jun 30, 2023 3:10 AM
Oct 2020
Jeturk got a ridiculously last minute plot armor for a gundam standard
Jun 30, 2023 9:31 PM
Jun 2022
just this episode astounded me
Jul 1, 2023 7:11 AM
Apr 2022

PraxisCat said:
ButtSlapper said:
It's pretty heavily implied in a recent interview that Okouchi gave with CUT magazine that the Bandai-Sunrise executives (led by the staff producer) intervened in the S2 story to make Guel much more prominent because he's a potential male lead, and Bandai-Sunrise has been resisting a female lead in a Gundam (against what a number of writers and directors, including Tomino himself, have wanted) for nearly 30 years. In other words, the equivalent of some MBAs busting into the writers room and saying "make this boy show up way more."

Not really surprising, since Bandai-Sunrise has intervened in a number of different Gundam's writing (always for the worse), but it would explain why Guel's story arc has been so weird and at direct odds with the actual themes of the show.
Feels like a good decision since Guel has some pretty good designs like Dilanza and Daeriblade, and he is like the best character from the series. Suletta main story is with Eri. Also girls generally are not into toys and more into stuff like fashion, pets, and they probably already sold enough aerial and aerial rebuilds. Now need to sell Dilanza, Daeriblade and the guys he is fighting
Jul 1, 2023 5:46 PM
Dec 2012
PraxisCat said:
JulesSugoi said:
Don't worry, she's been a complete non-presence / non-character on the show getting shoe-horned in at the last moment. Miorine's mom was a bioengineer who wanted humanity to develop by taking cues from plants. Somehow, this relates to Quiet Zero. She died when Miorine was a kid. She developed the tomato strain that Miorine grows.

And that's all we know!
One reason why S2 has sucked. One episode left and there's way too much unresolved/abandoned crap. The thing with Miorine's mom, basically anything to do with the real Elan (other than wanting to take over Benerit), why is the Assembly League (supposed to be a corporate mediator) basically a space UN with a gigantic fleet and a death laser stashed away for a rainy day, why is war partitioning even a thing, why should we even care about the whole Spacian vs Earthian thing, and so on and son. Too much stuff coming up suddenly that we just have to take at face value and accept as necessary for advancing the plot.

I feel like they tried to go with the IBO formula of tightly focusing on a small slice of a big universe through S1 but the big plot points around Quiet Zero, the Benerit Group and the GUND format made S2 very unfocused at first and then rushed to meet the 24 episodes format. 
Jul 2, 2023 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
Insane episode. I can’t Imagine how the writers felt. The music. Amaaazing.
Jul 2, 2023 7:21 AM
Jul 2013
I don't understand about that tomato code, how can be that tomato code be the password when miorine reprogrammed that computer? Is it a program that her mother left behind?
Jul 2, 2023 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Introducing a new villain we know nothing about a half hour before the end of the entire series encapsulates what was wrong with this anime pretty nicely.

Pretty obvious that Tomino wanted a full series (4 seasons) and Bandai stepped in for some reason.
Jul 2, 2023 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
I did not watch this last week because I feared it would be lame AF and I would rather get it over with in one sitting and sadly I was right.

Another super weapon out of nowhere with 0 expositon.
A new enemy out of nowhere with 0 exposition.

The convoluted mess that was the battle here, the absolute joke of the brothers clashing which at this point in the story does nothing important.

Oh and the only one to die is apparently Eri who is barely even a character.

Lame and wasted potential. Once again shows why this show should have been a proper 4 cours like literally every other gundam
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 4, 2023 7:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow, ERIIIIII!!!!
The fight between brothers ended wih surprise!!! kekeke
Jul 4, 2023 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
is this show really gonna end with just 2 cours...

sigh
Jul 4, 2023 12:40 PM
Dec 2016
Suletta is a Disgusting TRAITOR !!!
She claims to love her mum and sister, but goes above and beyond to destroy the many years of hard work and sacrifices her mother made to finally get payback and vengeance.
Not only that, this idiot also indirectly murders her sister Eri.
I feel bad for Prospera, her husband and Eri.
In the end Suletta destroyed everything her Mother an sister did 😫.
Her mum gave her her Dream of attending school and making friends, she took it all and backstabbed Prospera.
Seriously WTF !!!
Jul 16, 2023 5:38 PM

Jun 2014
Guel is lucky to be alive. Thankfully, his brother seems to have calmed down.

Quiet Zero has been stopped, and in order to stop that laser, Ericht appears to have sacrificed herself in order to save Suletta, and everyone on board Quiet Zero. Suletta's mother is losing it, but I suppose it's understandable.

What will happen in the final episode?

Jul 31, 2023 6:18 PM

Feb 2018
When we got that flashback of Guel and Lauda I really thought that Guel was gone at that point.. thankfully that didn't happen lol.
Aug 2, 2023 4:39 AM
Apr 2021
Just perfect, like every other episode.
Sep 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Dec 2015
Gotta give Mio her props for standing up to Prospera. Literally told her step mom to deal with becoming family with someone that took everything from her. Was a bit surprised to see Mio's mom being the admin for this thing. Or was that revealed in an earlier episode? Can't remember.

Happy that Felsi came in stop Guel from getting killed but now it looks like Eri is gone.
Oct 31, 2023 7:24 PM

Apr 2016
Bless Felsi for stopping what could have been an awful scene, but Lauda was being the worst, so hopefully he gets some sort of punishment, like shaving his hair!

Prospera was being quite nice by not shooting Miorine when she got the chance, the power of being the daughter-in-law.

Poor Aerial.
Feb 16, 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
i never imagined i wuold ever be grateful to Felsi, but here i am.
i was sure that Guel would die, man how i'm relieved now.
Eri's sacrifice to protect Suletta and Prospera was sad, and miorine was awesome confronting Prospera in that situation.
a wonderful episode.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 17, 4:04 AM

Nov 2019
Well damn this is just sad :'(
nobody wins this war.
Apr 7, 4:29 AM
Oct 2017
Suletta, you fn traitor! Going against family to protect the Opps 🤣
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2023

325 by Playcool »»
Apr 23, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

92 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

127 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

157 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

97 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.