Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 2023 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
deg said:
Kohaku is extra sexy in this episode plus she found the platinum

Kohaku stole the show but other than her I found this episode quite lacklustre.
Jun 9, 2023 10:13 AM
Mar 2015
From drones to listening devices our group moves on Platinum acquired
Jun 9, 2023 3:37 PM

Sep 2018
I feel like this show treads consistently between fun, ingenious moments and ridiculous moments. There's more of the latter in seemingly every season now...
Jun 9, 2023 4:30 PM

Feb 2012
Excellent, a one way communication device. Building on the islanders' mistaking their car as an beast, they make an 4wd disguised as a tiny mouse.
Kawaii! Kohaku used all her might and did it. Glad this series is also showing the reinvention of intangible technologies like written language. Pu ra chi na...they found their catalyst.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 9, 2023 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
Kohaku is a total ninja from another world. Gen showing off his inner mentalist. Amaryllis total waifu. Ginrou being Ginrou, bless him
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 9, 2023 5:24 PM
Apr 2021
In the future there will be only one line in the history books: Senku did everything
Jun 9, 2023 6:01 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The spy wars are on and as a result Senku has to quickly assemble some inventions to get by. The one way communicator as well as the RC car were quite the crafty ones but mroe so was Kohaku's message written in blood symbolizing something they didn't know how to write. After some mentalist deduction the truth is revealed: that's where Soyuz is and the infiltration is at hand.

Clever episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 9, 2023 6:03 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
@StateofOhayo They aren't, this arc is split so the second cour will come out later this year probably.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 9, 2023 8:20 PM

Dec 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I feel like this show treads consistently between fun, ingenious moments and ridiculous moments. There's more of the latter in seemingly every season now...
i do miss the more drawn out explanations and attention to detail instead of now they just conveniently have cs gas on hand i mean, it just feels a little more ridiculous so im rating it lower but i do enjoy seeing it every week still.
Jun 9, 2023 10:13 PM

Sep 2018
StateofOhayo said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
i do miss the more drawn out explanations and attention to detail instead of now they just conveniently have cs gas on hand i mean, it just feels a little more ridiculous so im rating it lower but i do enjoy seeing it every week still.
Yes, convenient. That's a good word here. It all felt more meaningful and therefore more enjoyable, when things were discovered/made back in previous seasons. I enjoyed the meticulous, the hard work and, as you say, more detailed explanations and exposition to what they're doing.

I know they've progressed a lot as a whole, so there is some reason for these less attentive episodes, but it can cause the show to feel rather cheap and ridiculous at times. Now that there's significant plot progression going on, a lot of what made this show fun has taken a backseat.

The comedy is the other aspect of the show that I don't really enjoy, especially now where it clashes pretty badly with the seriousness of this season.
Jun 9, 2023 11:09 PM

Dec 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
StateofOhayo said:
Yes, convenient. That's a good word here. It all felt more meaningful and therefore more enjoyable, when things were discovered/made back in previous seasons. I enjoyed the meticulous, the hard work and, as you say, more detailed explanations and exposition to what they're doing.

I know they've progressed a lot as a whole, so there is some reason for these less attentive episodes, but it can cause the show to feel rather cheap and ridiculous at times. Now that there's significant plot progression going on, a lot of what made this show fun has taken a backseat.   

The comedy is the other aspect of the show that I don't really enjoy, especially now where it clashes pretty badly with the seriousness of this season.
i think we are of the same mind when it comes to the original charm of the show. as for the comedy am i the only one that feels it is a bit misplaced? like, you just set out and everyone on your boat is essentially dead and your still doing bits idk its not that the story is bad but the artists dont seem to know how to handle it maybe? just a personal observation. also thanks for continuing to discuss this with me i feel like good discussion is always nice even if we agree or disagree.
Jun 9, 2023 11:15 PM

Sep 2018
StateofOhayo said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

i think we are of the same mind when it comes to the original charm of the show. as for the comedy am i the only one that feels it is a bit misplaced? like, you just set out and everyone on your boat is essentially dead and your still doing bits idk its not that the story is bad but the artists dont seem to know how to handle it maybe? just a personal observation. also thanks for continuing to discuss this with me i feel like good discussion is always nice even if we agree or disagree.
No, I am definitely in the same boat with the comedy, and I am usually very easy to make laugh, etc. It's not doing it for me right now unfortunately. It's trying to keep the same tone, even when "the stakes are raised", as Senku put it back in episode 7 lol, well, they could have fooled me.
Jun 9, 2023 11:19 PM
Jun 2007
"Batteryless" earpiece and remote "rat" getto!
Kohaku found platinum!
Jun 10, 2023 3:10 PM

Jul 2016
Can I make a request for Kohaku's pink dress to become her standard outfit from now on? Because dear lord those ass and thigh shots...

And yeah, there is no way this arc is gonna conclude in just 20 minutes. Guess this season will go for a cliffhanger/big revelation sort of finale.
Jun 10, 2023 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
This  xxxxx just made an earpiece. I'm done.  Sometimes I'm tempted to try some of Senku's inventions just to see if they'll work, but I'll be disappointed if they don't.

I wonder if they will try to figure out which petrified piece belongs to whom before they leave or will they take Ryuusei and Francois back for Yuzuriha to piece together. Since there's only 1 ep left I guess I'll have to start reading.
dragynfaerieJun 10, 2023 9:06 PM
Jun 10, 2023 11:24 PM

Mar 2013
I never expected them to wrap up everything with this episode count, so a 2nd cour was inevitable. Ending it with
is probably the best stopping point, though they might have to make it a double-length episode to bridge the gap between where this episode ends and those events.
Jun 11, 2023 6:00 AM

Dec 2022
almost at the finale now finished the whole anime series in 2 days and now to wait for the final episode which is coming in 4 days god damn it
Jun 11, 2023 9:22 AM
Jun 2021
Kohaku Chan as impressive as ever
This episode wasn't as perfect as normal Dr Stone Episodes actually are, the middle episodes 4-8 were really top tier but I'm more worried how they'll end this in last episode (probably leave us on cliffhanger in midst of an arc)
Jun 11, 2023 11:13 AM

Aug 2019
Good Job Kohaku!!

Looking stunning as always
Jun 12, 2023 10:37 PM

Nov 2009
Huh, they made an earbud that doesn't require battery. The most interesting part is how they got the exact frequency to get it at a very clear transmission.

And then they're going to try and make a Drone... huh... (but they made a toy race car, lol) (and Ginro pretend he knows how to write, but he sucked and Kohaku instead send a drawing, LOL)

Also, more village shit, this is pretty much season 1 all over again with the strong killing the weak/ stone people. (and leads to Senku having to find ways to fix it, tho I am not sure about this one, as it's a LOT more enemies that you would have to convince, especially since they're not from the "Past" and have no knowledge of the Past. So these "natives" have literally zero reason to join Senku)

(imagine if some dude came up to you in IRL and told you to join a group cause they're from the "Past", what would you do?)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 13, 2023 10:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The infiltration is ready!!!
Who is the misterious leader?
Well, a dron!!!

kekeke
Jun 13, 2023 10:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, a a very far-fetched message !!! kekeke

Jun 14, 2023 2:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It's almost here. One episode to go.
Jun 14, 2023 1:19 PM

Jun 2019
Oh... it's getting more and more exciting. Ginro is suffering in the girls' clothes. Poor guy.
Jun 15, 2023 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
Gotta love Kohaku and Amaryllis this episode.
Jun 16, 2023 5:10 PM
Sep 2021
tal pai tal filho, dois birutas
Jun 17, 2023 12:13 AM

Jan 2021
I must say, this Kohaku fanservice is much appreciated.

Jun 19, 2023 10:30 AM

May 2015
Ratcar was so fast!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 27, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2018
ایده به این خوبی چقدر کلیشه ای مسخره است
Jun 30, 2023 4:06 AM
May 2020
platinum has been found from the spy team. dub
Jul 2, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2021
God damn it Kohaku, just learn to write...
Jul 5, 2023 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
An earpiece really is useful in this situation.

It was impressive that Gen and Senku management figure out what Kohaku was trying to say. The picture looked so confusing...
Jul 22, 2023 1:42 PM

Sep 2017
Uhhh okay. Not bad not good
خ
Jul 24, 2023 8:41 AM

Mar 2015
Hoping we get to see what they'll do before the end of the season!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 23, 2023 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
i get their excitement at the end, but they aren't near enough to even get the platinum to even use it. lol

and except for that, i hardly felt something moved here in this episode. so senku made two inventions, but they aren't any helpful in getting the main mission.
i did like though how kohaku learned from seika how to do "cute" pose xD

i can't believe next episode is the last one for this season. apart from the fact that it hardly been a day watching this season, i feel we hardly came to this arc climax. so i have to only guess that this season gonna end with cliffhanger . . .
User-NameAug 23, 2023 6:20 AM
Nov 13, 2023 8:50 AM

Dec 2020
Well, now they have to somehow acquire the platinum and send it back to Senku and the others.

I do agree with some of the posts here stating that the progress kinda feels cheap now.
Nov 17, 2023 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
Nowadays, many of us tend to forget how useful is something as basic, yet important, as the ability to write and read.

Hah, so Moz and Kirisame are not the only strong enemies that will stand on the Kingdom of Science's way. There's also that muscular dude smashing petrified folks. :(
Dec 14, 2023 9:05 PM
Aug 2023
At the beginning of the series I wasn't that keen on the art style, but over time I've grown to greatly appreciate how awesome the visual comedy is with this art style.

I've probably laughed way too long on this split second visual gag of the rat car's eyes turning into hearts when being shoved into Kohaku's chevage, which most of the audience probably didn't even see because it happened too fast.

Thank Science for rewind, and frame-by-frame scanning!
Dec 18, 2023 6:32 PM

Aug 2022
Senku seriously managed to make a primitive earpiece and even a drone. I shouldn't be surprised anymore at this point, and yet, I'm taken aback by his genius with every episode!

And Gen! He's definitely my favorite character alongside Senku! Kohaku is probably my favorite female character. Seeing her trying to mimic Suika's cute pose just had me in stitches XD

Amaryllis is quite a cool character too. I like her a lot! And Ginro... what to say... I almost believed he actually learned how to write, but nope, of course, it was just a fantasy of his haha
Jan 31, 3:41 AM

Sep 2021
They really need to put english subtitles over the top of the Japanese ones
The one piece is REAL!!!

Mar 12, 12:18 AM
Dec 2022
time to get the funny petrification beam

drone time RAAAAAAAAAAAA

crazy tree base kinda look rad almost everyone there tweaking

epic motor goofy rat

THEY FOUND PLATINUM RAAAAAA
Apr 2, 12:57 AM
Jun 2020
For anyone who knows Japanese, does the secret message translate to "platinum" as described? According to google translate, the Japanese word for platinum is pronounced "Shirogane"... so I have my doubts.
Apr 12, 1:08 PM
Mar 2019
An Earpiece will definitely be useful.
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
Senku was the one to decode the message since it's all about science but he couldn't do it without our mentalist! That was adroit of Kuhaku to come up with that kind of code. Which proves she was a true member of the Kingdom of Science!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

184 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

107 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

97 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 15, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EndenDragon - May 12, 2023

76 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.