Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Anna's mother seems like like a typical motherly type character but is kind. I feel like she was born for her role in the show and greatly cares about her daughter.

Episode also had more Anna and Kyoutarou moments, and seems like fate allowed them to be together under that bad weather. Cute epsiode imo, with their chemistry.
May 20, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
Nah of course when it comes to girls, you should better know where it’s fine to touch them and where not, especially for a being of the opposite gender.. just to be safe. Though anyways, exam results are out it seems and being the kids they are of course going over the subjects they didn’t perform well in is a part of a “good student” course too, and being present in those parent-teacher meetings too. 

Yamada mama made her appearance, and she may seem a bit strict with her daughter, but that isn’t really the case honestly. Anyways we had Yamada meeting Ichikawa’s mother.. and hey his mother already took a liking to her, giving her candy. Though talking about candy, we had another one of those “Ichikawa covering for Yamada” scenarios playing out.. and just like the last time Ichikawa once again unintentionally made Yamada super red.. :)  

You know you’ll get a fever if you ride your bicycle in some sudden downpour and that’s what happened.. to Ichikawa. Which then paved a way for the classic home visit, as Yamada visited Ichikawa’s. Dude may not have been conscious enough to remember the exact details, but hey we saw what happened to the very last detail.. though Yamada not telling him any of it rest assured. Really cute pair these two.
May 20, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2022
Yamada-san Kawaiiii!!!
Ichikawa-kun 😏😏where he landed his face on Yamada-san.!!

Ricky16May 20, 2023 10:06 AM
May 20, 2023 11:08 AM

Sep 2018
Prime numbers....

That made me laugh lots.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 20, 2023 11:12 AM

Apr 2016
Heey, the unexpected appearance of wild moms is here, and some of them are ... are ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), its also good to see that Ichikawa's mom approves of the two, a good mom that one.

The duo is pretty much a thing already, Yamada is pretty much there, Ichikawa almost.
May 20, 2023 11:28 AM
Sep 2015
Sensual episode, but did she just indirectly tell him that she's not on her period?
May 20, 2023 11:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Anna really is trying hard to relate though in the wrong way lol. Man that crepe incident really was strange. Well we know where Anna got her genes from thats for sure. Being trapped between mini and giant Anna was quite the dream. Kinda lucky in that his fever peaked when Yamada was here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2023 11:38 AM
May 2018
So only Ichikawa is allowed to touch Yamada's forbidden areas? 😏
May 20, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2018
There's something quietly beautiful about the way this show portrays the blossoming relationship between Anna and Kyoutarou.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 20, 2023 11:52 AM

Mar 2021
This might be my favorite episode of the season so far, but that is probably just because I really like the chapters this episode drew from. I still think the way they have broken up and rearranged the chapters make a lot of sense, and I doubt I would even notice if I had not read the manga. The adaptation has just handled the material really nicely.

We also got to see a brief glimpse of Adachi's mom, so the episode overall was always going to be a cut above the rest.
May 20, 2023 11:53 AM

Apr 2016
By faaaaar the best episode so far, and it will only get better. Finally we are past the bad start. 
May 20, 2023 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
Hey, the Yamada's meeting Kyoutaro's mother, big steps.

The basic slice of life rain trope, where the character gets a little wet, and get really sick.

May 20, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 2016
this episode was actually good compared to the last two
May 20, 2023 11:59 AM

Apr 2021
It really hurts so see how Ichikawa sometimes appears cold towards Yamada just so he can hide his embarassment and true feelings. I mean, I get it but it still hurts. 
Sometimes I fear that such behaviour leds to her thinking she has no chance and ultimately gives up....even when I know that's not how the story will play out. 

Really caught her off guard with this, so adorable...
May 20, 2023 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
Thanks to Ichikawa falling ill he sure got to experience a lot of stuff. Yamada even hugged him. Too bad he thinks it was a dream though and doesn't even remember most of it. Yamada was real cute this episode. Yamada and Ichikawa's mom's interactions were nice. Also those were for the mom heh.
May 20, 2023 12:05 PM

Jan 2021
This anime is truly one of the best romcoms of all time
And Yamada... DANG
She´s truly incredible

May 20, 2023 12:05 PM

Jan 2021
Kyoutarou is actually good at tutoring people, like Chihiro. Although he has never tutored Anna. Its parents child school day and Kyoutarou's mom is actually wholesome. Anna getting all red when Kyoutarou said that she is pretty. Kyoutarou helping Anna with homework but the candy is on the table and it almost gets noticed by the teacher but Kyoutarou whispers in Anna's ear to put it away but Anna gets all flustered and hits her head.

Rainy day when Kyoutarou leaves for home but forgets his raincoat but comes across Anna who wants to help and there's a wholesome moment but Anna forgets her bag so Kyoutarou hurries back to give it to her. That dream lmfao. Kyoutarou then gets a fever and Yamada comes to visit at his house, when Anna is about to leave he invites her to his house. Kyoutarou decides to make tea for her while changing clothes but then falls unconscious but Yamada is comes for a helping hand and there's another wholesome moment between the two. Kyoutarou's fever is gone and it seems like Anna was super concerned about him. Kyoutarou decides to leave for school and then crosses paths with Anna, they both walk to school. Wholesome episode.

May 20, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2022
Great and beautiful episode
May 20, 2023 12:14 PM

Mar 2021
What a great episode it was sweet seeing how flustered Yamada was around Ichikawa's mother and the scenes at the end when Yamada went to check on Ichikawa at home when he was sick was just so heartwarming
May 20, 2023 12:19 PM
Apr 2023
This anime feels like a timid guy's dream high school scenarios. It's great.
May 20, 2023 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED MORE!!!

I love we know they both are smitten with each other but they can't acknowledge it yet. And to be fair I think the writing has done a good job with the time frame for them to still question what their relationship is.

Very well done in my opinion.

Also LOVE how the average score keeps rising each week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2023 12:25 PM
Oct 2022
I loved this episode, both of them were so cute!!!
May 20, 2023 12:31 PM
Jan 2022
Man, this episode was so good, best episode so far. Mother Characters are near to reality. Moments between Ichikawa and Yamada were Wholesome and good. And the end it puts a smile on your face and if not on yours this anime is not for you.
May 20, 2023 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
It was fantastic.

Love the mother dynamics on anime, and this ep didn't disappoint. 

Anna was so cute on the raining scene, just like the other raining scene.. this anime really does exceed on these. 

The sick visit was breathtaking at the end.

10/10
May 20, 2023 12:41 PM
Nov 2022
Chi is so cute and funny
May 20, 2023 12:50 PM
Feb 2021
another goated ep
May 20, 2023 12:51 PM
Apr 2022
Amazing episode, every single detail is taken into account and used afterward. From the first minute, the director builds up for the last scene to take full meaning.
May 20, 2023 12:55 PM
Mar 2023
Best episode. The great thing about this show is that it keeps getting better and better. This episode was super wholesome and had me smiling throughout. One of the best romance animes I’ve seen so far.
May 20, 2023 1:00 PM
Jul 2015
This story is killing you with cuteness. And then it kills you some more. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! So precious.
May 20, 2023 1:04 PM

Mar 2020
Very solid episode today, perhaps the best one so far, and the "karte" scene did not disappoint yet again. Kyoutaro's development from Episode 1 till now is getting more and more clear, and Chihiro pointed that out, in that he talks more "normally" now. Maybe he's gained a bit more confidence, which is nice. Otherwise, it's a common romance anime trope of people getting sick in the rain, and a home visit, but it was executed nicely, as well as Anna meeting Kyoutaro's mom outside their house.

Getting better and better every week.
May 20, 2023 1:18 PM

Jan 2022
Man, I can't give this show enough credit. The story is so refreshing while the comedy helps, but the scenes are powerful. 🥺🥺 Long live Yamada x Ichikawa.
May 20, 2023 1:29 PM
Aug 2022
__andre__ said:
Kyoutarou is actually good at tutoring people, like Chihiro. Although he has never tutored Anna. Its parents child school day and Kyoutarou's mom is actually wholesome. Anna getting all red when Kyoutarou said that she is pretty. Kyoutarou helping Anna with homework but the candy is on the table and it almost gets noticed by the teacher but Kyoutarou whispers in Anna's ear to put it away but Anna gets all flustered and hits her head.

Rainy day when Kyoutarou leaves for home but forgets his raincoat but comes across Anna who wants to help and there's a wholesome moment but Anna forgets her bag so Kyoutarou hurries back to give it to her. That dream lmfao. Kyoutarou then gets a fever and Yamada comes to visit at his house, when Anna is about to leave he invites her to his house. Kyoutarou decides to make tea for her while changing clothes but then falls unconscious but Yamada is comes for a helping hand and there's another wholesome moment between the two. Kyoutarou's fever is gone and it seems like Anna was super concerned about him. Kyoutarou decides to leave for school and then crosses paths with Anna, they both walk to school. Wholesome episode.

man our mc got rizz out of world that's why he covers his right eye
May 20, 2023 1:32 PM
Apr 2021
Man Yamadas mom looks super strict ☠️ and on the other side Ichikawa's mom is super cute and wholesome ☺️.
May 20, 2023 1:39 PM
Mar 2021
Awesome episode, so many cute and funny moments
May 20, 2023 1:49 PM
Dec 2018
phantomfandom said:
Sensual episode, but did she just indirectly tell him that she's not on her period?
i wonder what it was then.
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Jul 2017
Hah, Yamada is the usual fooling around with her friends, while Ichikawa is just counting prime numbers to avoid thinking of her in a sexual manner.

The usual duo and Chii touting out in her tests in the library, though that quickly changed to the latter's normal tune in accordiance with Yamada. That said, the parent-teacher meeting is a doozy, though it has the meeting directly between Yamada and Ichikawa's mother as a significant note. Even now, in the library there is the prohibited candy, and what a chad for Ichikawa to whisper to her ear, triggering a hearty response. Welp, upgrade to areas that cannot be touched on Yamada.

The rainy day where Yamada gave him her stuff of food, and knowing that she has work, he desperately chases after her to pass her food and underwear pads for her mother. But a terrifyingly dream which got Ochikawa a fever thinking of big and small things, Yamada has to show up at his house of all things. But instead of just hi-byeing to her, Ichikawa invites her to his house, barring that no one is home except him alone. But being overly sick, Ichikawa has Yamada frantically taking care of him, but this dream is reality...even if for awhile.

Well, Yamada certainly was odd to Ichikawa's mother, and said son feels better, though still thinking that everything's a dream.
May 20, 2023 2:31 PM

Nov 2021
What a beautiful episode.. seriously the direction and OST level up this show so much. Their romance is really starting to blossom
May 20, 2023 2:33 PM
Mar 2022
I HAVE TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM TYPING A LOT. WHAT I CAN COMMENT ON THIS WEEK’S EPISODE IS : ANOTHER WHOLESOME EPISODE FOR THIS WEEK AND THESE TWO ARE SO CUTEEEE TOGETHER!! 😩♥️

YAMADA HAS ALREADY FALL IN LOVE WITH ICHIKAWA CUZ OF ICHIKAWA BEING CONCERN & KIND TOWARDS HER. HOWEVER, DESPITE OF BEING THE FIRST ONE TO HAVE FEELINGS, ICHIKAWA STILL HASN’T NOTICE YAMADA’S FEELINGS TOWARDS HIM AFTER ALL THAT OBVIOUS GESTURES & ACTIOM MADE BY YAMADA 😩

THEY BOTH SO CUTE & HONESTLY SAY, THIS SHOW IS CURRENTLY BETTER THAN LOVING YAMADA LEVEL 999 🥺 ONE OF THE GEM OF ROMANCE SHOWS THIS SEASON 🤭♥️
May 20, 2023 3:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a fantastic episode, and this makes two episodes for me today where someone has gotten sick lol, but damn was that a good bit. Yamada absolutely went in when she was trying to get him in bed, and I had a similar reaction to Ichikawa when she was dressing him lol, man is getting babied by his crush, something you couldn’t help but mistake for a dream which Ichikawa does. But, the fact he thought it was a dream got us a great reaction from Yamada when her friend almost dropped the ball on that lol.

And besides the crown jewel of this episode there were a lot of other good bits here, I especially loved the parent teacher conference, we got to see Yamada’s mom and Yamada met Ichikawa’s mom which was a sweet scene, Ichikawa’s mom is very wholesome lol. And I don’t want to end this review without mentioning the bit where Ichikawa whispered in Yamada’s ear and she discovered a new sensitive spot for the drawing lol, that reaction was pure gold.
May 20, 2023 3:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes the obligatory visiting the sick event for our mc to bloom their romance story to its peak once again. Starting out with no touch to her boobs, not even to her ears, Yamada surely change it out when its about her crush Ichikawa. Its also nice to see how she's so excited to know Ichikawa respond of her visiting and embarassed when someone else coming to learn the story as well. Alas, my boy reached out the dense phase and well, that's how the episode end!

On another side of a good note, Kyo's sister with just her little appearance and sounds of cuteness to tease her little brother, still making me goes high. But Chii closed-up appearance also unexpectedly chill and well, the story about Yamada coming from her also unexpectedly giving me an instant laugh, you know why....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 20, 2023 3:58 PM
Oct 2021
Mcsuper said:
Very solid episode today, perhaps the best one so far, and the "karte" scene did not disappoint yet again. Kyoutaro's development from Episode 1 till now is getting more and more clear, and Chihiro pointed that out, in that he talks more "normally" now. Maybe he's gained a bit more confidence, which is nice. Otherwise, it's a common romance anime trope of people getting sick in the rain, and a home visit, but it was executed nicely, as well as Anna meeting Kyoutaro's mom outside their house.

Getting better and better every week.

wait what is that karte thing? i always just ignore the screen 💀
May 20, 2023 4:08 PM
Oct 2022
Just smooch already!
May 20, 2023 4:21 PM

Mar 2020
angel1309 said:
wait what is that karte thing? i always just ignore the screen 💀

"Karte" refers to the episode number kind of, and it always shows up during the most important scene of the episode. "Karte" also symbolizes the process of getting "cured" from chuunibyou from what I heard.
May 20, 2023 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
That last sentence...
Only idiots don't catch cold.
Yet she did. Nice implication.

I really like natural the progression and developement of this anime is.
They started as strangers and are basically inseparable right now. More or less.
Won't be long before they go on shopping mall "date" together.. is what I wanted to say. But they already spends plenty of time with each other.

I also like how Yamada's friends slowly notice and take interest in Ichikawa too - first Hara and now even Chihiro.
This nicely mimics the same behavior in real life - when one girl is constantly talking about some boy, his value rises in the eyes of other girls too.

The anime is getting better and better. Can't wait for what's in store in the future.
May 20, 2023 4:26 PM
Dec 2020
can't believe i'm actually starting to like this
May 20, 2023 4:37 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This show is dangerous for my heart

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2023 4:54 PM
Apr 2022
any news if this gets a English dub?
May 20, 2023 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
absolutelynormal said:
This might be my favorite episode of the season so far, but that is probably just because I really like the chapters this episode drew from. I still think the way they have broken up and rearranged the chapters make a lot of sense, and I doubt I would even notice if I had not read the manga. The adaptation has just handled the material really nicely.

We also got to see a brief glimpse of Adachi's mom, so the episode overall was always going to be a cut above the rest.

yes i agree the anime has done a great job so far
May 20, 2023 5:13 PM
Jul 2021
Ricky16 said:
Yamada-san Kawaiiii!!!
Ichikawa-kun 😏😏where he landed his face on Yamada-san.!!

Whats cuter is how she didnt care, she just wanted him to be better 🥰
May 20, 2023 5:17 PM
Aug 2020
Great episode like always, Ichikawa is still blind…

On the other way, Yamada is doing her best to share her feelings…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Spots on Yamada's neck!? (SPOILERS probably)

m0rt14k3 - May 7, 2023

14 by BrAKY »»
Aug 19, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

286 by AEY3333 »»
Aug 18, 1:01 PM

» Is Ichikawa a beta male ?

gioRvani_giorgio - Jun 26, 2023

18 by Kullishka_ »»
Aug 12, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

123 by Kipo0007 »»
Aug 12, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

218 by Tigy_ »»
Aug 12, 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.