Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2023 2:08 AM

Oct 2019
Perhaps it's because of peer pressure, but I want to try it out. As a newbie, could any of the GI veterans help me out with tips? :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2023 4:24 AM

Jun 2016
Biggest tip I can give you: It's not worth playing.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 2, 2023 4:35 AM

Mar 2010
Try out Honkai Impact 2 which is currently new. New game from genshins company.
May 2, 2023 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
ZeroMajor12 said:
Perhaps it's because of peer pressure, but I want to try it out. As a newbie, could any of the GI veterans help me out with tips? :)
If you wanna too, sure I can help for a bit, if you wanna you could also try out Honkai Star Rail which is a new game from the same company that develops Honkai 3rd and Genshin. Perhaps you might like them too as well. Yet if you wanna try Genshin, don't feel shy to ask for something you need!

Stardew said:
Honkai Impact 2? Do you mean Star Rail perhaps? it's confusing a lil bit.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiMay 2, 2023 10:56 AM
May 2, 2023 4:44 AM

Mar 2010
beloved_elysia23 said:
Stardew said:
Honkai Impact 2? Do you mean Star Rail perhaps? it's confusing a lil bit.
yep. New game and genshin like so if they want. They can try it out and also get benefits from the new game/event

Edit. Also saw u recommended it. We have same thought lol.. i thought i had to explain xD
May 2, 2023 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
Please, don't feel pressured to try it out, it's not worth your time. While the game isn't terrible, the gacha mechanics sucked out all the fun for me, definitely the worst aspect of the game. The story and writing aren't great either, gameplay looks similar to the one in botw, but the more I played, the more shallow it looked in comparison. There's nothing particularly great about genshin, besides waifu collecting. So if you're into this stuff, it might be a fun experience. But if the whole gacha waifu aspect of the game isn't your cup of tea, I advise you to not play it
i'm dead inside

green potato curry is dope though
May 2, 2023 9:35 AM

Oct 2016
Never do something out of peer pressure. But if you want to give it a try out of your own interest in the game, I can try to help out if you have questions.
May 2, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2010
The game is actually good, just don't spend any money. You can do everything with the stuff you get for free.
May 2, 2023 3:03 PM

Sep 2018
Best tip is to avoid live service games in generalas they shut down eventually.
May 2, 2023 3:08 PM

Apr 2023
I've played Genshin Impact for a bit, but I don't really understand the hype and went back to Azur Lane.

May 2, 2023 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
I played a couple hours a few months ago. While I love the presentation, the gameplay mechanics made me lose interest.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
May 2, 2023 10:23 PM

Aug 2009
It's one of those games that make me wish I could just pay $60 up front just to not deal with the gacha mechanics.

May 3, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 2022
I would've been interested in playing it if it wasn't gacha. I loathe microtransactions.

Shaded Horizon

May 3, 2023 6:39 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I suggest not trying it. You have to grind for at 4 different things (characters, artifacts, weapons, skills), the ost is bland, the dailies are mind-numbingly boring and it’s just doing some boring ass comms over and over again, gacha is stingy and you have to grind like crazy to even get some primogems (do not listen to anyone who says it’s f2p as you have to save like a kid wanting to buy something for him/herself). Oh, and the story and characters are fucking shallow and surface level. Even kids’ shows and movies are masterpieces in comparison to the dogshit writing this game has. Also, they always use the same damn models which makes half the roster look bland and boring.

Oh, and the community is one of the most cancerous fanbases to ever exist on the internet.
May 4, 2023 2:37 AM

Apr 2023
Also never played it, though mostly for time-related reasons.
May 4, 2023 3:39 AM

Oct 2020
good, dont ever try or play it, it is not worth it

May 4, 2023 6:59 AM
Nov 2019
So many anti-genshin comments ending either as one-liners or misinformation. Hilarious. Anyway, these are my frank opinions on the game as a long-time player:

Pros:

-Needless to say but a diverse and gorgeous open world.
-Completely f2p. No need to spend a cent on unlocking regions, quests, etc. Characters can be obtained from gacha via gems in f2p ways. I already have 50/60 characters without spending a single dime in my 2 years of playing casually.
-Banger OSTs. Anyone who claims its bad is either deaf, hasn’t actually listened to any or is your average genshin hater in the wild
-Easy content. 95% of the content is in open world which is crap easy to clear for even a newbie to the gaming world. Any team or any build can carry you in early and mid game and there’s absolutely no powercreep in the open world aka any character is viable, even those that are considered the weakest! Only difficult content requiring specialized builds/characters is the spiral abyss which is late game content for the most part, and is pretty much 1-2% of the game content.
-Massive content. Only completing the main quests and gameplay would take hours and you would have plenty of other things to do as well after that. The game is definitely not dry for newcomers.
-Extensive lore and character backstories. Probably one of the most comprehensive among AAA games in general, and gachas in particular.

Mixed:

-The gacha. Considered one of the weakest link of the game, its partly true if you are targeting all/most characters in a f2p manner. But the pity system ( which guarantees characters after fixed pulls ) makes it doable to get the desired limited characters in the short run. Besides, 90% of the characters in the game are useful in one way or another, instead of just being showpieces.
-The storytelling. It’s a toss-up between having excellent main and character quests with interesting and emotional plots or dull/ generic ones. The quality of the quests has significantly gone up in the recent patches of Inazuma and Sumeru. ( Btw its good to listen to critical opinions but not of the 5 y/o who claim their kid’s show is better than genshin. As they unfortunately lack the intellectual faculty to appreciate good plot while considering their children shows the best thing to happen in the universe lol )
-Too much content. A blessing and a curse as sometimes people unlock tons of quests and now they have to complete them first before proceeding further into the game.
-Some regions are locked behind the main story (Inazuma ) or important side quests.
-Not much pvp content. There's coop but its existence isn't much significant.

Cons:
-Massive storage requirements. Its already 20GB on mobile and 30-35GB on PC. With subsequent regions getting released its bound to increase further.
-No controller support on android, if that affects anybody
-Unskippable dialogues. For people aiming to speedrun the game, it’s a deterrent, unfortunately.

So, final verdict: Definitely give it a try once as it's free to download and play. If you like it great, if not great :)

Edit: Contrary to brain dead haters' claims here, my opinion actually convinced folks to try out the game lol. Thanks for your (un)convincing one liner statements here which helped me more.
Said_enoughMay 16, 2023 4:02 AM
May 4, 2023 10:01 PM

Aug 2020
At least TC didnt listen to the gacha simp above me. What a horrid take on a bad game.
Keep scrolling
May 6, 2023 3:47 AM

Sep 2021
pretty good in my opinion if you like to simp for 3d people
May 9, 2023 3:58 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I tried it for about an hour, but I got really bored of it and never played it again. I don't understand the appeal.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 17, 2023 7:05 PM

Jan 2023
I played Genshin for around 3 months before quitting, it’s not bad. It’s just that for me, it got quite repetitive and boring, especially those damn grinds just to attempt to unlock characters.

"You win this round. You doggies."
May 19, 2023 3:54 AM

Mar 2018
that's craaaaazy.

anyway, good on you - genshin is a waste of time tbh.
play star rail instead yep - totally not the same deal or anything
May 22, 2023 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
I played and enjoyed Ghenshin Impact when it just got released. I didn't pay a dime (100% free player) and once I hitted The Wall, I uninstalled the game and never looked back.

While I did enjoy my time in the game, I'll NEVER recommend a gacha game to others.

So if you are gacha resistant, are a bit bored and don't have other games atm, sure pick it up and play away.

Now if you have gambling problems, already sold 1 kitney, your mother & have massive debts, stay clear of this. DO NOT TOUCH IT! Don't even speak about it, F peer pressure, this shid should be illegal.
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...
Jun 7, 2023 5:26 PM

Apr 2023
Don't and no never give into peer pressure at all, friends aren't really friends if they'll keep pushing you into shit you don't wanna do full stop.

Jun 7, 2023 7:13 PM
Jun 2023
Don't play it.. Either you won't like it, or it'll consume your life. Either way, it isn't worth it.
Jun 13, 2023 7:21 PM

Mar 2021
It is incredibly mid. There is nothing special about it.
Jun 19, 2023 3:30 AM

Sep 2020
i dropped Genshin 3 times, i really want to play it solely cause of its open world 

Jun 19, 2023 4:01 PM
Aug 2016
You could start and try out the game. Personally, I had a lot of fun and loved the game... but not playing that much anymore.
Jun 22, 2023 9:48 PM

Jun 2022
its a good game. i had fun. people who hate it usually have played more than me lol.

if you want something that will eat away your days and you want end game, i guess its a bad game?? if you want to check out an artfully crafted world with lots of polish, its great .

i wish i could skip the quests and just get further tho.....

its a game made for the type of people who hate it, bcus they are the ones who hatespend on gacha lmao

they also deserve it and should get lives
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Jun 23, 2023 5:16 PM
Dec 2010
rian9999 said:
its a good game. i had fun. people who hate it usually have played more than me lol.

if you want something that will eat away your days and you want end game, i guess its a bad game?? if you want to check out an artfully crafted world with lots of polish,  its great .

i wish i could skip the quests and just get further tho.....

its a game made for the type of people who hate it, bcus they are the ones who hatespend on gacha lmao

they also deserve it and should get lives
Please, you are one to talk. Most ppl who quit this game definitely hate it to some degree and you are one of those ppl, Drunkie Persona 9x, lol.
And ppl pretending to ask for help about genshin is common. Seen it too many times.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Jun 27, 2023 6:19 AM
Zergling

Mar 2013
The Genshin hate is strong in here, lol.

The game's aight. Not the masterpiece some like to make it out to be, but pretty decent as a standalone experience. Ignoring the Gacha aspect, which you don't necessarily need to get through the story content alone, I'd say it's worth experiencing this part of the game at least if you're into clichéd JRPG-Type stories that offer you a huge cast of 3D boies and gals to simp over. World's expanded a lot since its release and is pretty dope, there are really cool designed characters in the cast and it's pretty fun once you get into it. The elemental reaction-based gameplay is simple but still engaging enough to try out different team comps and characters.

Now if you...
- Hate anything mobile
- Hate anything gacha
- Hate anything that even offers microtransactions
- Hate JRPGs
- Just want to hate on it because it's popular

It's probably not the game for you. I once looked past it because it didn't pull me in originally, but I've given it another chance around 3.6 or so and it's surprisingly good for a gacha game.

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
9 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.