Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2023 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
A sea goddess huh...

Well, it looks like the anime is slowly introducing the character cast one by one from the novels/manga. She and Tia are getting along kinda well. They actually adapted her personality rather well. I actually like Tia's character so far. More mature than the others and strong enough to fight against monsters on her own.

Apr 22, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2021
this ep was decent but i can't understand why is there a need of some annoying character always like that Elon Musk of other world
Apr 22, 2023 12:14 PM

Dec 2022
did not except this to be a harem anime even the demon lord is female

also i dont get why do they call female demon lord ,demon lord they should be demon lady
Apr 22, 2023 12:18 PM
Sep 2015
This episode make it feel like it could end in the next episode.
Apr 22, 2023 12:28 PM
Jul 2019
I have noticed a message at the ending. Yuuki is seeing other characters (Setsu included) flying non-self propelled planes. She designs a self-propelled plane to accompany them. The plane in question is more evolved (Santos Dumont 14-bis). This could mean that she could be the new hero, the new heroic generation that will succeed Setsu. Will it happen? 🤔
Apr 22, 2023 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
Setsu's dragonite friend Levia bringing both him and Ruri to the demonic continent for the brooch to be sent to this Dezastol Serreno, she is the Demon Lord of the continent. After a round of cooked and deep-fried squid rings from Levia defeating the kraken, thus saving an elf village out of harm's way, it's a festive celebration where Setsu and Ruri is doing all the work to impress its people. Ruri wanting a chat with Levia over juice to know how both her and Setsu met, and while the relationship is not off by far, the aforementioned Hero himself was the one who set the standards, though he died and reincarnated again for the second time, thus making her mad that the reunion of the missing hero with the god of the ocean is nothing more than a request.

The head of Demon Lord Dezastol's personal guard Vlad coming in for the misunderstanding of the village on fire, and hearing that the Demon Lord is about to be wed off to a human that is a subjugation curse that could stop the war, this Terran Sneeter is shady at best as the rich head of the merchants. Being reason enough for Setsu and Levia to act with the war being a wee but different than once thought of an intentional act, Levia finding a new sense of purpose after meeting Setsu, it's off to Evilbarrow to stop the wedding procession.

Decent series yet so far.
Apr 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Mmmmmmm who doesn't love squid rings!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 22, 2023 12:52 PM

Mar 2022
Damn now I really want Fried Squid Rings.....
Apr 22, 2023 12:55 PM
Aug 2019
This was a good episode. Liked my sea goddess 😍. She cares about Setsu out of her free will.
Apr 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Feb 2019
Ok this episode was a lot better than last week. Really set the stage for the journey going forward to prevent war from breaking out. Also made me crave some calimari lol.
Apr 22, 2023 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
great episode. going to go get some squid rings rn.
Apr 22, 2023 2:10 PM
Mar 2020
Everything would be fine, but too much running.
Apr 22, 2023 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
Sometimes I feel like Goldilocks when it comes to Trashekai... 

That one's a pretentious self-insert cringefest tryharding to be deep and meaningful while just proving to be self-indulgent wank.
That one over there is braindead, as well as its heroes who amount to nothing more than idiot humor tropes.

This one... haaaah... it's like a soothing bowl of ramen. It's not healthy, not especially delicious, but damn if it doesn't hit just the right spot in terms of innocuous casual entertainment.  Nothing grand, nothing bad, just ... fine.
Apr 22, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2022
this show is good not even going to lie
Apr 22, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2021
ok episode. did not enjoy it too much.
Apr 22, 2023 4:27 PM

Feb 2019
Setsu's just good friends with all the demons. Now I can't wait to see how he saves the demon lord from this pesky human merchant lol
Apr 22, 2023 4:43 PM

Jan 2010
I doubt it will be that easy to end the war even if he gets rid of that terran guy. For the looks of it the distania king wants war and destroy the demon race.
Apr 22, 2023 4:43 PM
Mar 2010
Zaxphred said:

also i dont get why do they call female demon lord ,demon lord they should be demon lady
Well if Demon lord is Maou (Demon kanji 魔 + King Kanji 王) then maybe it should be Majou (Demon kanji 魔 + Queen Kanji 女王)  But Google translate tells me that's "Witch King" (huh?)  OR Maybe they don't really need to gender the title of Demon lord...  It's like "Scientist".  Do we say "Lady scientist" if it's not a dude?  ...Actually that's a weird example since they actually came up with the term "Scientist" especially for women, because guys were "men of science".  (source

But really, I don't know.  Apparently other anime have used the same term to refer to demon kings/queens so I'm just guessing it's a gender neutral term even though they specifically use the kanji for King in there. (see Maoyuu Maou Yuusha for an example)
Apr 22, 2023 4:50 PM

May 2019
Much better episode with cohesiveness from the last episode and a brief connection with the armored guys from the first episode. I had no idea that Leviathan is a cute girl that goes by Levia lol. I wonder if the repaired brooch that Ruri has is to counter the curse that Deza has from the necklace, we'll see. I totally forgot about the harem tag and I think Deza may get involved in it after she's presumably rescued.

Btw, the squid rings (aka calamari) looks good and I'm a fan of that food (onion rings too).
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 PM
Nov 2022
Well, at least the episode was more interesting than last week's.

Another new character, Levia, I like her, I thought she would have a more tsundere personality, but luckily in the end she wasn't like that.

I'm not going to lie, the squid rings taste good, but they're not great either...

They literally dumped the girl and ran like crazy towards the castle xDDD
Apr 22, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 2023
Still going slow in terms of pacing but somehow the details shared made things engaging. The lore continues to be a generic fantasy setting with generic isekai spice but dashed with the sub-theme of a 2nd-time isekai encounter.
Apr 22, 2023 7:56 PM

Feb 2021
Wait what happened to Ruri?

Did they just go to the Demon Lord's castle, and left her alone by herself in the demon continent??
Apr 22, 2023 10:37 PM
Sep 2021
Setsu now with the sea god goes to rescue the demon lord and solve the reason for the war and who is the mastermind behind all this.
Apr 23, 2023 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
They're making this more EPIC than the manga! Yeah!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 23, 2023 2:54 AM
Oct 2009
so far i can watch it, but not many things happen
Apr 23, 2023 5:49 AM
May 2020
setsu back with an old acquaintance and fighting like the old days ayy
Apr 23, 2023 6:16 AM
Feb 2020
I found the episode really boring. Especially the first half did not really have anything happening. Also, this episode pretty much confirmed all characters that are gonna meet are gonna look up to Setsu and gonna be nothing outside of him.

I hope the rest of the season will have more of what I hoped. But I'm afraid this isekai is gonna be a wasted concept.
Apr 23, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2022
arleas said:
Well if Demon lord is Maou (Demon kanji 魔 + King Kanji 王) then maybe it should be Majou (Demon kanji 魔 + Queen Kanji 女王)  But Google translate tells me that's "Witch King" (huh?)  OR Maybe they don't really need to gender the title of Demon lord...  It's like "Scientist".  Do we say "Lady scientist" if it's not a dude?  ...Actually that's a weird example since they actually came up with the term "Scientist" especially for women, because guys were "men of science".  (source) 

But really, I don't know.  Apparently other anime have used the same term to refer to demon kings/queens so I'm just guessing it's a gender neutral term even though they specifically use the kanji for King in there. (see Maoyuu Maou Yuusha for an example)
i did watch Maoyuu Maou Yuusha i actually got this question from that anime but i guess demon lord is gender neutral because demon lady doesn't sound threating but then again what do you call a demon lords wife (no anime that i have seen has showcased demon lords bride though)
Apr 23, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2008
squid rings is really yummy!! now i want to eat that kind of food! anywayz...such a forgettable show...
3/5.

Apr 23, 2023 7:54 AM
Nov 2018
Since the villain is called Terran I'm guessing he's from Earth. Especially since the anime creators will be aware of Starcraft making it a household name for Earthlings.

Why don't the demons act like demons? It's like humans with a horn in the forehead. This always bugs me with isekai. Only in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation did the catgirl species act a bit like animals, but otherwise half-animals and demons are just like humans. I'm sure the viewers would approve of seeing them act more alien.

Apr 23, 2023 9:31 AM

Feb 2022
One thing that gets me is he could easily explain he was forcibly returned to his own world. It would no time at all to make Levia recognize he didn't abandon her and his other friends.
Apr 23, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 2022
It was a decent episode.
Not much to say because nothing much had happened in this one.
They kill a giant squid, eat it, found about the Demon Queen , fight some wolfs and just that
Apr 23, 2023 12:29 PM
Jul 2015
I'm kind of confused about the little girl and brooch at this point. They seem so irrelevant to the story but there is the cursed necklace and the merchant monopolizing the sea. I wonder if the brooch will help the Demon Queen or if it is cursed. The feel of the story has been all over the place and I'm kind of confused. This episode ended with second to the last episode vibes.  
Apr 23, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2010
Zaxphred said:
arleas said:
Well if Demon lord is Maou (Demon kanji 魔 + King Kanji 王) then maybe it should be Majou (Demon kanji 魔 + Queen Kanji 女王)  But Google translate tells me that's "Witch King" (huh?)  OR Maybe they don't really need to gender the title of Demon lord...  It's like "Scientist".  Do we say "Lady scientist" if it's not a dude?  ...Actually that's a weird example since they actually came up with the term "Scientist" especially for women, because guys were "men of science".  (source) 

i did watch Maoyuu Maou Yuusha i actually got this question from that anime but i guess demon lord is gender neutral because demon lady doesn't sound threating but then again what do you call a demon lords wife (no anime that i have seen has showcased demon lords bride though)

I'm guessing it would just be Maou no yome. (魔王の嫁) or maybe Maou no tsuma (魔王の妻)?  I may have seen an anime that referred to the Demon lord marrying someone but I don't recall which one right off hand.
Apr 23, 2023 2:37 PM

Oct 2017
So Levia is that fishman woman, she's cute. Those squid rings looked tasty. Seems like there's a third party who started the war this time. He/she's the real enemy. For now time to save the demon lord.
Apr 23, 2023 9:02 PM

Sep 2022
I think the episode was fine. It seems that the sea goddess Leviathan is the great guardian of the sea. Really hope that Setsu and Leviathan are able to stop the merchant's doings of the war and save the demon lord from being enslaved by a man that plans to make her do everything that he wants her (the demon lord) to do.
Apr 25, 2023 5:55 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing as always

Apr 26, 2023 1:10 PM

May 2016
they've gone astray from the manga path, sadly
May 20, 2023 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
episode starts,

OOF, Levia's being viewed like a entertainment show by the Hero...

Well, this shows more of MC's sadistic side, even tho the anime toned that down.

Also, RIP Squid, but they got tons of Squid Rings to eat now.

And this episode focuses a bit on Levia, she's not that bad really, quite a cute personality.

Tho not sure why she's dressed in a Japanese fishmen outfit... always felt that she should either be naked or wearing a goddess-ish garb... being she's suppose to be "god of ocean" lol.

___ ___ ___

And the MC learned that both the Humans and Demons are being manipulated into attacking each other, hmm...

(BTW, They been just constantly talk about MC's past life 5 years ago and his experience. But I wonder... did he learn anything useful from back on "Earth"? feels like Earth was a pointless reincarnation huh... basically a filler to the main Fantasy World, LOL)

___ ___ ___

Zaxphred said:

They called it "Maou-jou" meaning "Demon lord Queen".

But Maou is generally a uni-sex name that can be used for all genders.

However, translations into other languages such as English, usually don't have uni-sex words, so they just use "Lord" (which is still mostly male) when they translate "ou"

Some translation teams would use Demon King or Demon Queen if they are certain on the gender, but otherwise Demon Lord is a safer choice.
amlgMay 20, 2023 4:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM
Sep 2015
Predictable, unoriginal and simply not that good.
May 31, 2023 4:02 AM

Feb 2021
Levia in human form really something else XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 25, 2023 9:24 PM
Mar 2019
The transitions in between scenes is too weird and I feel like I am being teased with the first time Setsu was summoned. The anime is making me feel as if I would rather have watched the first time instead of this second time, which is not good.
Jun 28, 2023 7:39 AM
Sep 2019
Demon character? I don't like it!
Jun 28, 2023 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Ok once again the sea god roars like Godzilla. Its so blatantly the same sound it cracks me up. But then theres the weirddeath shrieks of the wolves ...that sound almost te same as Tie Fighters from Star Wars....wtf? 
Jul 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Mar 2013
I like the take on isekai genre, having to explain everything to a weak character that follow them like in the old fantasy anime but still being isekai is really something.

>Rich merchant that already own 90% of the world, fight on both side of the war to get more money
Based japan lol
Dec 5, 2023 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
The story is very solid so far and I like the Leviathan character and personality!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 20, 2023 11:57 PM
Jun 2012
That miser merchant girl still had them sell the squid to the villagers. During a famine...

Got them drunk. Then sold the rest half off.

Knowing they were bailing on spoiling fish the morning after.

Her grandpa's success really rubbed off on her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

27 by DarkBlue »»
Apr 22, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

65 by Forum »»
Apr 6, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

25 by Forum »»
Apr 6, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

83 by Vuanzu »»
Mar 15, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Jan 31, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.