Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 23, 2023 9:38 AM
Apr 2016
It was good, this was accidentally the first episode I watched and I thought it was an amazing first episode because it told you almost everything you needed to know by just the enviroment and deeds performed.
Though I'm not big on the weird kink-implications that this show has, I do think it's storytelling is quite examplary, even now I enjoy watching if with a saddeningly weird undertaste of (self)incest.
Apr 23, 2023 9:41 AM
Apr 2023
10/10 imo...

We got to see weed defeat a Gyo-like man-eater lol 🌿>🐟

My suspicion that the Facility or 'school' was involved in the Man-Eaters was pretty much confirmed (the 'babies'), though I'm still not sure if it was their intention, or the intruder that was never found... (also have questions about the people running it and the weird person/machine they consult?) 🤔

The scene between Tokio and Tarao at the end was perfect, too. Matched the tone perfectly for my suspicions around the Facility...

Also that youkan joke had me dying idk about y'all 😮‍💨😭🤣

I also appreciate that just as much as we get to see the 'modern day' characters adapt to the state of the world after the disaster that was most likely caused either by the Facility outright or by its downfall/being overthrown, we also get to see how the kids in the Facility were growing and adapting from within an isolated environment. I'm curious what the state of the world was like during this past period, too...
HoodwinksterApr 23, 2023 9:44 AM
Apr 23, 2023 11:36 AM

Aug 2016
Before this season I was in my biggest rut when it came to watching anime, I was worried I had fallen out of love or something. A similar thing happened to me a few years back when it came to reading that I've thankfully escaped (largely thanks to audiobooks and the Cosmere). So when I say I haven't had this much fun with an anime in a while, know I mean that with a lot of weight behind it. This show is so good!

Apr 23, 2023 1:07 PM

Jun 2019
Things getting more mysterious. The kids and their hormones acting up and they don't know how to handle them. Poor kids. Tarao's condition is bad. Tokio was told to run away from there as the place is dangerous according to Tarao. Those newborn kids as well. So many questions. Another great episode.
Apr 23, 2023 1:55 PM

Nov 2017
Tons of weird stuff is happening in that place lol.

Those don't look like babies to me. Well, they don't look like human babies. Golly, it's like those things are creepy, but cute at the same time with their chubby selves lol. All the man-eaters that have been seen so far also have the same target pattern thingy on their faces
Apr 23, 2023 2:06 PM

Jul 2022
nice episode we got kids hitting puberty and doing weird shit, and looks like this place isn't such a good place after all
can't wait for more bruh
Apr 23, 2023 3:50 PM

May 2021
A bore of episode, less than average, 4/10.
Apr 23, 2023 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
Rexnihilo said:
Bro discovered Seggs but his interpretation of love is Kidnapping your crush tear off their clothes & licking them up

Wildest confession I've heard or seen. This is why sex education is important or you get kids saying they want to lick each other

Its not "his interpretation of love", nor is it wild, its the attempt to explain a feeling, or mix of feelings which someone doesn't know nor understand at all... And i think it was brilliantly done. And why are you going straight up to sex education? I mean yeah, there's a lust element to that situation, but they don't even seem to even have education on the much more basic concept of love either, which logically comes way before anything sex... Which is why i think they're all, or most of them seem so confused about it all.
Apr 23, 2023 5:43 PM
Feb 2021
Crazy how that man eater in this episode is the same one that the guy drew in episode 2.
Apr 23, 2023 6:05 PM

Oct 2017
-Xenophon- said:
A bore of episode, less than average, 4/10.
This guy has an anime mean score of 3.11 so 4/10 i actually above average lolz..
Apr 23, 2023 8:34 PM

Feb 2023
Maru and Kiruko dealing with the giant fish was the hightlight of the episode for me.

All that stuff in the facility was freaky to say the least.
Apr 23, 2023 10:02 PM
May 2017
from 8 down to 6 for me, the next episode will determine whether I continue or not
Apr 23, 2023 10:08 PM

Mar 2019
I fucking love this show. It feels like I'm watching a great episode of Lost before that show went off the rails, or one of the many great episodes of The Leftovers. Love the characters and the mystery.
Apr 24, 2023 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
that AI is turning the kinds into horny mfs!

My Candies:

Apr 24, 2023 6:39 AM

May 2021
Can't believe I didn't notice it before(or maybe forgot about it) but apparently painter-kun's fish drawing is pretty much the same as the man-eater we saw in this episode. So either he is unconsciously creating monsters or someone else created them with inspiration from his diagrams. Considering the two kids can vanish from cameras, most likely a superpower they have and the adults are unaware of it.

Which might also mean the two events(the facility and the search for Heaven) might be taking place at different times, something like Your Name.

Apr 24, 2023 8:46 AM
Feb 2021
i dont knowo if im slow or what but im just confused... fw it but confused
Apr 24, 2023 10:17 AM
Feb 2021
goodbyedays said:
So Tokio cant be seen by security cameras. Seems like the children have super powers and maybe that place is where they breed the monsters.

To me it seems more like the children being a cross between the monsters and normal humans, but we will see
Apr 24, 2023 10:27 AM
Nov 2022
Anyone know where I can find the piano music that starts around 21:16, I heard it in one of the previous episodes as well
Apr 24, 2023 12:41 PM
Apr 2023
Young teenagers going through puberty and discovering stuffs without any internet around is sometimes funny and scary too. I want to keep you in my room -->An aspiring **x offender.
Apr 24, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2018
I have a lot of questions, hopefully this anime can address to everything in a good way by the end of it, that's probably my only concern so far. Overall it has been a good show, I like how they explored the kid's curiosity and sexuality in this episode, as well as a lot of mysterious things in that facility.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 24, 2023 1:40 PM
Apr 2023
bro it's so fucked up that i kinda love it???? no cuz they're CHILDREN AND ALL THE SCENES ARE WIERD BCS THEY LOOK 12--- but it makes the story so interesting
Apr 24, 2023 1:48 PM
Dec 2020
Why is no-one talking about how the fish monster died from weed? That's hilarious, genuinely was not at all expecting that. I guess even in an apocalypse people need their weed. 
Apr 24, 2023 6:24 PM

Jul 2021
I'm getting curious about Tokio's gender but many spoilers ahead oh no..
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 24, 2023 9:50 PM
Jul 2022
MYSTERIOUS and OMINOUS
Apr 24, 2023 10:08 PM

May 2016
idk about anyone else but the romance or whatever between kona and tokio is cute :C

Apr 25, 2023 2:05 AM
Jan 2023
RioFS said:
Can't believe I didn't notice it before(or maybe forgot about it) but apparently painter-kun's fish drawing is pretty much the same as the man-eater we saw in this episode. So either he is unconsciously creating monsters or someone else created them with inspiration from his diagrams. Considering the two kids can vanish from cameras, most likely a superpower they have and the adults are unaware of it.

Which might also mean the two events(the facility and the search for Heaven) might be taking place at different times, something like Your Name.

I don't think they can vanish from the camera, I think each children has 1 power (Kuku can move like a frog and we will discover the one of Tokio later) and if they were invisible to cameras, security will already know it considering they are always monitored.

To access the baby room, the needed to use a robot (at least for Tokio) and open a vent and the robot isn't on the camera and the vent isn't open. I think someone lure/help them to see stuff and go outside. The alarm that ring when someone was about to enter the baby room while Tokio was still in was probably activated by that unknow person.
And in the first episode, Tokio's examen on her tablet had an additonnal question about seeing the outside of the outside.

On another note, I see people saying that the complex POV is from the past and Mary/Kiruko is the present, I know it is due to a theory from the episode 3 discussion but that theory is invalid with this episode since the camera display "t17/07/01" while it was "t17/06/23" in ep 2. So the correct theory is that it is the japanese imperial calendar (and not the gregorian) and events in the complex take place at the same time has the outside otherwise, that mean the POV of the complex of ep 4 occurred 22 years before the one in ep 2 which make no sense.

That would mean there was a new emperor 2 years before the end of the world, so in 2022.

EDIT: And about why does the drawing from Kona is alive and outside, maybe it is a like with his power.
Apr 25, 2023 2:33 AM

Jul 2021
The animation quality is the same throughout the episode, this might be the 2nd anime this season with consistent quality every week.

I was mistaken last week when I said there is cloning in the facility.
Kona's drawings turn into man-eaters. He might be the mastermind behind all of it. He could be the doctor that Kiruko is looking for.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Apr 25, 2023 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Anyone else think that what's going on in the facility is WAY more interesting than what Kiruko and Maru are doing ? 
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth ;)

Apr 25, 2023 9:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get this creeping feeling that something real bad is going to happen. The world building is pretty interesting
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2023
Just its not interested enough
Apr 25, 2023 12:36 PM

Aug 2021
Another solid episode. The power of weed defeats the man-eater fish which is a crazy thing to say. Lot of nice developments throughout this episode. I’m a bit worried about how the execution plays out but for now it’s been great.
Apr 25, 2023 6:49 PM
May 2021
tucunare gigante morre pra maconha e criança do promised neverland. nada melhor
Apr 25, 2023 7:52 PM

Apr 2021
I hope they all find someone that'll love them T^T
Apr 25, 2023 9:16 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the design of those "babies"... this show has some "Made in Abyss" level of creepiness and I'm all down for it. It even has kids acting sexually curious with each other ffs lol

4/5 episode. More interested in the facility than in our main duo's adventure, not gonna lie.
Also wonder if that kid is gonna score with Mimihime after such awkward confession. Honestly hope he does...
Apr 25, 2023 11:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Poor fish got sucked by the weed XD. That's explain why Kiruko can survive among those wild lifes as a bodyguard.

Meanwhile, the place inside the wall, kids once again had their own fair share of adventure. Kuku and Tokio, visiting alien babies. Yeah, right, Kuku, its a fucking real babies! Kuku, Tokio, and the falling kid kinda reveal to had their own share of unique ability. Might be the same with Maru-Touch and Kiru-Beam case, or just for Maru.

Old Lady Director asking the Robot Master what's happening to the latest incident. The sarcastic answer from the robot caught me off guard with a good laugh!

Natural for kids to learn their sexual curiousity by themself? What a nice moral lesson i've got here! A hidden agenda from author, i'd say!

While the last scene truly raise my curious again with its fascinating way! The sick boy know the facility secret and telling Tokio to run away after his poor attempt previously? Might also explain where he get those illness too!

That's all for today summary, i guess....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 2023 3:01 AM
Dec 2021
W EPISODE I HOPE THIS STAYS CONSISTENT
Apr 26, 2023 7:33 AM
Apr 2021
To get the story right, you have to understand that both main characters are deeply traumatized young people who have been forced to survive for a long time. At the same time, deep down, they both aspire to a normal life. That's why they hold on to each other so tightly. It's a good story that I wish would continue!
Apr 26, 2023 12:01 PM
Jun 2015
Preety good. Last episode was still my favorite so far. But excited to see the mystery unpack a bit more in episode 5.
Apr 26, 2023 1:47 PM

Apr 2021
Vendun said:
RioFS said:

I don't think they can vanish from the camera, I think each children has 1 power (Kuku can move like a frog and we will discover the one of Tokio later) and if they were invisible to cameras, security will already know it considering they are always monitored.

One possible explanation is that the AI is in control of the facility and censors the information channels that the personnel depend on to its own ends, possibly making the personnel unwitting pawns.
Apr 26, 2023 2:45 PM
Apr 2021
this show is kinda fire
Apr 26, 2023 3:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely more and more mysterious especially inside the academy, I still wonder what's the true purpose and this alien baby making part is definitely worrying... of course natural instincts are playing a role despite the lack of education and just make everything worse for them when they're going through puberty. The last message though, run away for the facility, of course when you see what's going on :/
Apr 26, 2023 4:16 PM
Jan 2023
Maybe the sick kid saw why that complex is bad or up to and that why he said to Tokio to run away, maybe it is his discovery that given him his sickness.
Now, what does the sickness do, idk.
Apr 26, 2023 4:31 PM

Jan 2015
A nice episode. For now this anime is probably the best of the season imo
Best series of all time? Gormiti of course
Apr 26, 2023 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
Solid. Still waiting for an antagonist. We will see.
Apr 26, 2023 10:56 PM

Apr 2021
Millennial_Mike said:
Solid. Still waiting for an antagonist. We will see.
I'm genuinely surprised by this comment, you're not the first I see making it.
Why would a story always need an antagonist? Challenges for the characters, OK, but why must there be a conflict?
That said, I believe there is an antagonist shown already : the law-less world Kiruko and Maru leave in. It's pretty much a challenge by itself.
Apr 27, 2023 12:45 AM
Jul 2021
This could have been a great show but decided to go full retard keeps digging itself up deeper and deeper into depravity & degeneracy & predation. No Tokio boy, what you are feeling is not love, it's a crush & puppy love. But the show instead of making it clear by making the older boy saying something, the tell tokio off. No they go down the pedo/predatory way and instead they proudly wave the little flag 9the one day will have the P for pedo in it) and make Kona all like, "yeah boyo, you are a bit young but I am down on ffuking your brains out, soon, very soon"

FFuK off show!

Btw that pedo boy Kona name makes me LMAO each and every time it's mentioned, why? You may ask? Simple, "Kona" is a vulgar slang name for the pvssy in Continental Portuguese Ahahah. So the gay boyo is named for a thing he'll never grasp/will taste/will enter. LMAO.

To anyone boycotting this shit show, don't give up! the lgbt conservative & gays against groomers & any lgbt with common sense/critical thinking are behind you, the word is spreading and the note of the show is showing that it's working. This blatant fake "representation"/pandering is not what we want/need in the long run. 

And some on the left are stunned when pools come out showing that the lgbt acceptance is falling down, I am not! The vast majority of ppl patience is wearing thin. 

Drag shows are not kid friendly!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Apr 27, 2023 12:58 AM
Jan 2013
starting to wonder if the scientist that disappeared and is now being looked for by the main MCs has anything to do with the medical facility w the kids...
Apr 27, 2023 1:00 AM
Aug 2016
This episode was really good. Some nice development finally with Tokio and the gang.
Apr 27, 2023 3:14 AM

Apr 2021
Dawizz said:
Drag shows are not kid friendly!

It's not a kid show. It's seinen. For adults.
Leave it to adults instead of polluting each thread with your garbage talk about "depravity & degeneracy & predation".
I'm tired of people who think that context does not matter.

that pedo boy Kona name

Kona is 17, Tokio (who is a girl BTW) i s 15.
Revise the meaning of pedo, you're too young to use complicated notions like this.
rvdboomApr 27, 2023 3:21 AM
Apr 27, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
kuroneko99 said:
Kuku's ability to climb walls seems similar to the one of frogs. His/her wide-open round eyes and big curved mouth are associated with frogs too.
here ability is the same as the fish monster they fought
 and it is the same drawing kuku took from kuna

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Isn't this lovely?

passtur - Yesterday

29 by Phloup »»
Today, 4:55 AM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

25 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Apr 1, 2023

370 by anii_squid »»
May 8, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

474 by MCGospels »»
May 5, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

305 by MCGospels »»
May 4, 12:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.