Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
There it is: the final result that both Aoi and Eve clinched the winners' title of the golf championship, so what's next?

The disingenuity of Aoi and Eve as half-sisters with different mothers and the same father, it's a web of lies and ego that Aoi refused to believe that Kazuhiko is dead, it's an all-out fight to settle who is the best golfer, once and for all, between the two. With Seira still hanging on to dear life with help from Amuro, and knowing that Eve is part of the mafia, it's Aoi that she has to protect with her life, without a doubt that Kazuhiko is her real father.

The Japan Womens' Open would be one fierce catfight awaiting to happen with drama.
KANLen09Apr 21, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 21, 2023 11:38 AM

Sep 2020
So many information in this episode and we finally know all their true identities and stories in the past. Also I think Aoi didn’t actually trust what her mother said at the last scene. 
Apr 21, 2023 12:00 PM
Sep 2015
Somehow every members of this complicated family are super good at playing golf, I bet even their dog can play golf.
Apr 21, 2023 12:32 PM

Dec 2021
Finally, they bring back the mafia plot into this!!! 

The best part about the first season for me is when Eve trying every way to just play golf with Aoi 

Now it feels like this time not only Eve both of them have to fight for it!!!

The war between the company and mafia with Eve and Aoi in the middle is HYPE!!!
道 
Apr 21, 2023 12:41 PM
Aug 2014
great episode lol incest denied, and it looks like AOi has her suspicions that her father is Amuro. Hopefully she did not buy Mama's lie, and she realizes that Eve's deportation from the pv was her doing (as it's implied by her extreme reaction). Really that reaction to her request should be illuminating for Aoi.
Apr 21, 2023 12:47 PM

Dec 2020
This story has really a nice way now that reiya don’t know that he had a child and its aoi amawashi and that with eve backstory her mom and that her dad is kazuhiko really good im hype.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 21, 2023 12:50 PM

Sep 2021
lol the mother knows Eve is somehow related to the mafia yet still gets someone to kidnap and send Eve back to Nafrece? What if Eve was somehow a mafia bigshot's daughter or something?

Anyway, all of their pasts are revealed but Eve's mother might have some other backstory to her as well based on what her father said. Interesting to see where the story goes from here.
Apr 21, 2023 12:51 PM

Sep 2021
Finally some awnsers! To the viewer at least, poor Aoi is still left in the dark.

To the suprise of abseloutly no one, they aren't related. But I'm still glad to have that out of the way.

It was also quite suprising that Eve's parents died in a natural accident. I was sure it would've been the Mafia! Especially after Kazuhiko said "I know why you left me, I know about your family", I expected Eleanor to be the daughter of some mafioso, perhaps even a relative of Leo.

Also, Eve could've been a bit more kind towards Aoi there...

Next episode seems to kick off a new story arc with Eve being returned to Nafrece by force(?). I wonder what Aoi's next move will be. For now, it seems she's "chained" by her mother, who is determined on keeping her daughter away from Eve - for a good reason though...
Apr 21, 2023 1:01 PM
Nov 2022
I usually love introducing romance in an anime, but tbh this time I really hope they don't and they just stay as rivals and friends, just like their fathers. I just don't think it fits the vibe of the series and will detract from the other aspects of the series like the golf and mafia, both of which were doing just fine. If anything then I would prefer to see Aoi's mother adopt Eve or something but I can do without that too
Apr 21, 2023 1:16 PM
Oct 2020
Argh, I so can't stand Amane.
Apr 21, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2015
So spocon ended, time for some mafia and stuff again it seems.
If anything this show keeps delievering with reasonably unexpected plot twists that actually make sense.
Apr 21, 2023 1:29 PM

Feb 2008
Brezze07 said:
This story has really a nice way now that reiya don’t know that he had a child and its aoi amawashi and that with eve backstory her mom and that her dad is kazuhiko really good im hype.

Of course he know that already

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 21, 2023 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
They kept pushing the shock factor that it actually made the episode worse imo.

I just found it funny at times.

Also the fact Eve doesnt even Like Aoi apparently as she can drop the fake friend act which honestly seems genuine.

idk the episode felt bad and cringe at times.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 21, 2023 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
Scandal? Eve might have got involved with mafia business but she hasn't joined them. All she did was playing golf. 
Now she all remember who she is there is no doubt that she could get her identity back. 
She will eventually learn more of her mother related and I don't think Aoi believe her mother and put on a fake smile. 

Aoi mother lying too Aoi would only put relationships further away and so on. More drama ! Well I do hope both Eve and Aoi will have a happy ending but jeez unless Eve not solving this Mafia problem it won't end good and yeah Aoi have her problem too. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 21, 2023 1:53 PM

Aug 2018
Well that was a heavy episode in terms of revelations. Eve's reaction turns out to be way more cold & aggressive than I thought it'd be. But looking at the preview (kinda regretting to have done so actually lol) the story will take a different turn and I don't know what to expect. The tournament itself was rather short, I can only hope they won't move too far away from actual golfing.

More curious to know who Leo is actually. At this stage one can expect a weird twist like Kazuhiko's lost brother or even better, Seira's forgotten brother. Not gonna lie, both would make me laugh, in a good way.
Apr 21, 2023 2:16 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017

Oh I hope Aoi still distrusts her mother still, even after being reinforced with the lie. I thought for sure her mom would crack. 

The next time trailer revealed she's going to be deported back to Nafrece. Hyped to see the old pals. 

Bisalissy said:
It was also quite suprising that Eve's parents died in a natural accident. I was sure it would've been the Mafia! Especially after Kazuhiko said "I know why you left me, I know about your family", I expected Eleanor to be the daughter of some mafioso, perhaps even a relative of Leo.

You're onto something! Eleanor could definitely be related to Leo. How else is he tied into this story and why would he care for some random child? 
We saw his appearance last episode. Now that Eve knows her true identity, she can re-claim herself. Perhaps Leo will help! 
Apr 21, 2023 2:22 PM
Aug 2020
Isnt amano aoi father, and eve kazuhiko and that other woman, so they arenr blood related, sorry to information for my brain, but i think they arent related. And i was shocked but kinda loved how eve with straight face says to drop friendly act xd. Just hope no one dies anymore from mafia wars, especially eve who def deserves better
Apr 21, 2023 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
Sekiro94 said:
Isnt amano aoi father, and eve kazuhiko and that other woman, so they arenr blood related, sorry to information for my brain, but i think they arent related. And i was shocked but kinda loved how eve with straight face says to drop friendly act xd. Just hope no one dies anymore from mafia wars, especially eve who def deserves betterth
they are not related. 
horse :)

Apr 21, 2023 2:56 PM
Jun 2013
wtf happened in this episode? there isn't even a plot, it's all exposition, nonstop slap after slap of backstory? no one else found this a bizarre episode? it's not even a story at this point it's just a bullet list of topics they animated with shocked people on the front like a Mexican soapopera
Apr 21, 2023 3:03 PM
Mar 2021
They aren't completely blood related, but they are still half sister due marriage contract.

Next week, we'll see another match against Mafia again after so long time. I miss Vipere.
Apr 21, 2023 3:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Kind of wanted Aoi to keep pushing her mother to tell her who her real father is, but she backed down, maybe thinking that knowing the truth isn't for the best.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 21, 2023 4:25 PM

Sep 2017
Uwaaah why am i not surprised?! 
Anyway wtf that women trying to do with Eve, Don't tell me she trying any harm to Eve?!
Apr 21, 2023 11:00 PM
Mar 2015
Things are headed for hell in a hand basket. Legally Aoi is his daughter whereas Eve is his illegitimate child No wonder she occasionally acts like a bastard. The Japan Open is the perfect place to expose her to the Mafia and bring their wrath down on her and all the people associated with her
Apr 21, 2023 11:05 PM

Feb 2019
Nahhhh best birdie wing episode by far. Holy shit the drama and tension was palpable today. Finally got the full story about everything. So the theories last week that they’re not actually blood related was correct.

It’s messed up that Aoi’s grandfather basically forced this whole situation on everyone, no wonder Kazuhiko was happy to get away and find someone he actually loves. That “you’re my one and only daughter” line was kinda messed up tho since he was still raising Aoi as well as her step dad.

What’re the odds that a massive unpredicted storm hits and kills every passenger onboard. Damn that’s a tragic backstory. If only Eve’s dad could see her completed rainbow now.

“I’m done playing friends” jeeeez eve pulling no punches. That was fucked up. Aoi really looked devastated about everything. Never seen her snap on Amane like that.

Her mother continuing to lie to her makes her just as bad as the granddad tho. Just be honest to Aoi?? Now she’s gonna resent you even more when she does find out.

And Eve finally heading back to Nafresce!! Can’t wait for next week
Marinate1016Apr 21, 2023 11:09 PM
Apr 21, 2023 11:10 PM
Feb 2021
Wtf I'm so lost. Why is my fun Yuri golf becoming more complex than most harems. I gues Eve and Aoi arent sisters anymore, which would've killed most momentum this had.
Apr 21, 2023 11:13 PM

Jun 2019
Wow, this got surprisingly intensely dramatic in a way I had not come to anticipate. Previously, I always watched this series because despite not watching and caring for a lot of sports anime (or about most sports in real life), this centered around a more uncommonly featured sport in anime, so it was more interesting to me. Plus, I generally like golf. And because simultaneously it was so seemingly knowingly/intentionally over the top and cheesy along with its mix of pop culture references and product placement that it seemed like a black comedy and fun parody take on rah-rah 80s sports movies.

Yet the family melodrama borne of death, tragedy, and longstanding deception coupled with even the visualization of one immediate family member holding down and strangling the life and freedom of another (Seira to Aoi in this case, toward the end) is something I would have expected more out of Fruits Basket. I don't know how to feel about it.

On one hand it's still too much a mishmash of various things to really be a gripping serious drama with glimpses of mastery like a Furuba or other level (even there the comedic relief is handled differently - here the humor comes just as regularly or more often from characters performing ostensibly serious actions in a world that is absurd). On the other, the series being unafraid to go in unexpected directions and just generally explore a bunch of tones and subplots and no restraint in being unpredictable also helps ironically ground and make it more "real" in a positive way and in the long run might make it more enjoyable and fun as it'll be a less one-dimensional/one-note series with a little more depth/variety to offer when looking back.
WatchTillTandavaApr 21, 2023 11:27 PM
Apr 22, 2023 12:07 AM
Mar 2021
what a masterpiece!
Apr 22, 2023 5:10 AM
May 2021
This twist came out of nowhere; looks like this season has a lot in store for us.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 22, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2021
well. seems like Yuri is denied. The way Eve blows Aoi away at an instant makes it clear there's no romantic feelings being explored here. I'm done playing friends and let's go back to rivalry. nice and straight to the point.
Apr 22, 2023 7:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wait, Eve got caught on a titanic accident? No wonder...

Idk what thing the writer smoke with, but man that's some wild ride for sure this time. Feels really bad for Aoi, had a grandpa with such ashit ambitions, liar mother and coach is the biggest shit. Especially with the fact that Amuro so good with hiding thing even hide under those jk girl relationship too lmao wtf Amuro xd. So yeah, wish her good luck with the bind. Eve shall be her savior for all cost. But let's save it for later cause i miss the tense with the mafia thingy already. Let's go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 22, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2015
KANLen09 said:
There it is: the final result that both Aoi and Eve clinched the winners' title of the golf championship, so what's next?

The disingenuity of Aoi and Eve as half-sisters with different mothers and the same father, it's a web of lies and ego that Aoi refused to believe that Kazuhiko is dead, it's an all-out fight to settle who is the best golfer, once and for all, between the two. With Seira still hanging on to dear life with help from Amuro, and knowing that Eve is part of the mafia, it's Aoi that she has to protect with her life, without a doubt that Kazuhiko is her real father.

The Japan Womens' Open would be one fierce catfight awaiting to happen with drama.
When neither of them share biological parents, I don't think it's accurate to say they are half sisters.
Apr 22, 2023 9:20 AM

Jun 2016
i feel sad for aoi ..
Apr 22, 2023 11:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn so many revelations and backstories, that was great, at least they're not half sister but Aoi's mother is still keeping the secret, I feel bad for Aoi, she needs to learn the truth too...
Apr 22, 2023 11:49 AM
Aug 2022
Well that’s good they’re not sisters, but I wished that Eve would be more kind toward Aoi 🥹
Apr 22, 2023 12:56 PM
Feb 2020
the eugenics are strong in this one. still my favorite shonen so far but wasn't expecting golf eugenics to be such a prevalent plotpoint
Apr 22, 2023 1:59 PM
Jun 2014
I'm kind of worried about how everything turned out, ngl.

I just hope this series doesn't turn out as the typical "Eve's the ultimate genius at golf and so good at crushing opponents left and right with ease, so that the ego skyrockets and she needs a rival (Aoi) to humble her down"...

Let's see what the next episode tells us.
Apr 22, 2023 7:20 PM

Feb 2023
This episode was so hype!!!!!
Apr 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Nov 2018
Wow this anime has very interesting plot
And it becomes better each episode
Apr 22, 2023 8:58 PM

Jan 2021
So Eve and Aoi aren't actually sisters, thank goodness that makes the yuri way less creepy. They blasted through exposition in this episode. They showed who's really Aoi's and Eve's father actually is. Looks like Aoi is in denial about who her real father is. Her mother is lying to her and pushing for the Amawashi's grand plan of making a golfing superstar.

It looks like Eve's getting deported next episode thanks to Aoi's Mom. She's not taking it seriously at all, her attitude is hilarious. I always forget how serious and stupid this show is. I love it so much it.
Apr 22, 2023 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
the parent and child relations are so messed-up..both Eve and Aoi should have a genealogy DNA test to prove it.
5/5. good ep thou...

Apr 23, 2023 12:11 AM
Oct 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW
Apr 23, 2023 2:03 AM
Dec 2019
Getting NTR'ed ...
Apr 23, 2023 2:26 AM

Aug 2016
I like how this episode nuked both the "They're sisters" theory and the "It's gonna be GL" fantasy to hell and back in one fell swoop, haha. (I mean, I've never liked Eve and I've never shipped them, but even I was shocked at what a b***h she was to Aoi on that rooftop.)

The backstory is ludicrous, as with everything in Birdie Wing always is, but this is actually the episode which made me rescind my 6/10 for the second season and seriously consider a 7/10 instead. Still not rating it until I see the results of the Aoi vs. Eve showdown, though. I'm betting that Eve will win, mostly cos she's the protagonist but also partly cos her winning will kick the patriarchy in the b***s, which seems to be one of the themes of the show, but damn, I really will feel sorry for Aoi if that ends up being the case...
Apr 23, 2023 8:49 AM
Jun 2021
la telenovela de los viernes se puso buena
Apr 23, 2023 1:01 PM
Dec 2017
Banger episode, love it.
We got some background now from Eve et Aoi past, all hints during these previous episode are revealed now.
Can't wait to see what happens now, wanna more fight, tournament, yuri time, scandal
Apr 23, 2023 2:44 PM

May 2021
So it was a love tragedy, huh, the center of it being Aoi's mom's corporate a-hole of a dad. And as it turns out, no incest, so yuri still up in the air? Eve was kinda burnt Aoi bad there though, she could consider chilling off a bit.

Also, the mafia might make a comeback in the story. Awesome.

Apr 23, 2023 2:45 PM

Oct 2017
They aren't related as expected.
Apr 23, 2023 3:25 PM
Nov 2021
Esse episódio revelou umas coisas bem interessante. Eu mesmo tive que voltar pra ver se eu conseguia entender tudo.

A Aoi falando "então nós somos meias-irmãs?" me fez pensar em incesto, visto como ela parece se comportar com a Eve.

Eu achei bem interessante como a gente teve a informação toda em mãos, mas vemos as protagonistas com a informação pela metade e se questionando sobre o que é verdade.

E mais um obstáculo que separa a Aoi da Eve enquanto ela quer mais jogar com ela. Mas esse aí parece que vai ser mais punk.

E pelo visto a Eve tem mais um local que não tá muito show dela ficar.
Apr 24, 2023 2:55 AM

Aug 2019
this episode had me on the edge of my seat the entire time, didn’t expect Eve to act out that way but damn this will be interesting going forward
Apr 24, 2023 4:01 AM

Nov 2012
This turn out into a heavy drama in some eps, damn.
Well, I love Eve for her chilling behavior so gotta follow her do!
Aoi, ganbare! Your love is right!

My Candies:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 14, 2023

65 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 5, 2023

38 by Gvendoline »»
Jul 23, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23, 2023

83 by Temuthril »»
Jul 3, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 19, 2023

29 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Jun 28, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Tokoya - Jun 16, 2023

31 by Temuthril »»
Jun 25, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.