Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2015
What I mean is when you have finished watching a anime, and then you feel like why did I watching it? Probably you have already give up in first episode or later, I have regret so many times in many anime’s I have watched, but I still continue watching it I’ve it was bad idea, because I feel like I want to watched until the end no matter what, and sometimes many anime gets better and sometimes not, I’ve it was painful to watch it until I finished it, I still want to do it, I am one of the fewer people out there, who actually finished the series no matter how bad it was, that’s deserve around applause XD ^^

How do you do or feel about it?
Apr 1, 2023 10:52 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
yes, i regretted watching Bleach and Evangelion. i still ask my self why did i completed these crap.
Apr 1, 2023 10:55 AM

May 2018
Well, it's quite common for me actually. But I guess I'm so invested in this hobby, that is not really a bad thing to watch something I consider it bad. If anything, it makes you more knowledgeable of the media, so I don't really see the point of dropping something. And you can always take it slowly anyway, you don't need to binge things you don't like; 1 episode is basically 20 minutes of your life, doesn't seem like much to me.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 1, 2023 10:56 AM

Sep 2020
Not really, I’ve watched some really bad shows but I don’t really regret watching them at the end.
Apr 1, 2023 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
Kinda, for example Sabikui Bisco and Tenkuu Shinpan.
Apr 1, 2023 11:02 AM

Jun 2019
I don't really regret watching any of the anime that are on my completed list.
Apr 1, 2023 11:02 AM

Mar 2019
Not really. I mean sometimes it feels like a waste of time but you still get things out of bad shows so it's whatever.
Apr 1, 2023 11:09 AM

Sep 2017
Thought I had a stroke while reading the thread's title

And nah, didn't regret anything. I watched some bad stuff, some REALLY bad stuff and it was kinda time wasting in the end but I don't regret watching them
although I want to erase Striking Daughter from my memories
Apr 1, 2023 12:20 PM

Sep 2007
SoapySamurai said:
I don't really regret watching any of the anime that are on my completed list.
Same as long you get some sort of enjoyment out out it, but may feel disappointment though depending on the anime you've just watched.
Apr 1, 2023 12:23 PM

Jul 2021
The biggest regret is watching Re:Zero. Oh boi, I didn't finish season 2, but that was a gigantic waste of time. I learned the hard way that dropping anime quickly and for any reason is important for one's mental health.
Apr 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Mar 2017
The only anime I've watched that left me so disgusted and disturbed that I wish I could unsee it, erase it from my memory, is Overlord Season 3.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Apr 1, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2018
Yeah, a bitter regret. Why in the hell did I waste my precious time on Bleach, Fairy Tail and Naruto Shippuuden? Why have I watched 908 episodes of One Piece before finally dropping it for good? Damn.

Apr 1, 2023 3:14 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I regret watching demon slayer and I only do it because I like to criticize it, and when I do, I'd know what I am talking about..

Apr 1, 2023 3:25 PM
Sep 2013
Classroom of the Elite.

It's the only anime I've seen where I gained absolutely nothing from it. I could at least say there was one or two things which were novel, interesting or likable about other bad shows. 

Apr 1, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2017
Grisaia no Kajitsu... I thought it was wholesome harem. Turned out to be hentai.
Apr 1, 2023 3:37 PM

Apr 2020
Yes, Evangelion. It is way worse than I thought it would be.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 1, 2023 3:43 PM

Jun 2020
watamote and monogatari series were pretty bad
Apr 1, 2023 3:44 PM

Aug 2019
first thing to come to my mind was overlord. it was so disgustingly boring yet i watched like half of the season or sunohara-sou no karinin-san which too was extremely boring and i hated half of the cast yet i watched the whole damn thing.
i guess ill say island too though that was because the adaptation was garbage so i wish i didnt watch it as it has spoiled me some things for when i play the VN
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 5:03 PM

Mar 2021
Gundam is a series you will regret watching since it will wipe your bank account with a plamo addiction. Also way too much of the franchise isn't even available to stream and most of the aus are like dead. The franchise itself is solid

Spy X Family's high ratings are like 99% media hype vs actual proper storytelling or witty humor.
icefirestone23Apr 1, 2023 5:22 PM
Apr 1, 2023 5:21 PM
Mar 2023
Damuzen said:
Thought I had a stroke while reading the thread's title

And nah, didn't regret anything. I watched some bad stuff, some REALLY bad stuff and it was kinda time wasting in the end but I don't regret watching them
although I want to erase Striking Daughter from my memories
i really wish i never searched that, its 2:30 am rn i cant be seeing this stuff
                                 cacagorilla will take over
Apr 1, 2023 5:53 PM

Mar 2021
regret watching bleach, its so good I wish I could unsee it and watch it again for the first time and finish it right before I die so that it could be the last piece of media projected into my eyes before dying 
Apr 1, 2023 8:28 PM
Jul 2020
I don't have regret on any show since no every anime able to fulfill our expectation (・∀・)
Apr 1, 2023 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
Yep. I've definitely felt that way. Several times. The most recent being this piece of crap right here  (that I completed yesterday and only survived finishing it by watching it on 2x speed because it was absolute f-ing torture to watch. And I've never watched an anime on 2x speed before, but it started to tank around halfway through and I was stupid and didn't want to drop it when I'd already finished half the anime). I should have just dropped it an saved myself the torture.
Apr 1, 2023 11:19 PM

Sep 2020
yep I frequently feel that I shouldn't have started a series but can't bring myself to drop it because on how highly acclaimed it is in the community, it's not that bad to be worthy of dropping, or i just feel like i should finish whatever series i started watching
Apr 2, 2023 3:23 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Yes, naturally there are shows that I have not enjoyed at all and have felt have been a waste of my time.
Hand Shakers
Ousama Game
Senjuushi
Netsuzou Trap
Try Knights
One Room
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
Pupa

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 2, 2023 3:36 AM

Jun 2017
I haven't finished Texhnolyze yet but I already regretted it. This is the biggest snobfest I've ever seen.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 AM

Feb 2021
I have watched a lot of anime for which I regretted later. The most recent one is Platinum End.
Apr 2, 2023 3:46 AM

Apr 2023
rent a girlfriend after many episodes l started think why l am watching this anime and mahou shoju site manga after a while i wanted to throw up it was too disgusting i don't know why but i kept reading and i finished
Apr 2, 2023 7:36 PM

Aug 2020
Yea. Bocchi the Rock might be one of the most unfunny anime Ive ever seen.
Keep scrolling

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 minutes ago

0 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
4 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by DigiCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

54 by _lordcanti »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

15 by MechKingKillbot »»
9 minutes ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.