Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2023 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Impersonating Gammamon...that's low. This episode tested Hiro's mental capabilites as he fought against the odds.

Good to still see the rest of the cast by his side and this battle was the battle to settle it all. Interesting to see cameos from some of the past Digimon in this show..Clockmon, Mummymon, etc. Feels like a celebration of the season altogether. 
Mar 25, 2023 6:32 PM

Feb 2020
The end.

I really wanted to like Ghost Game, but I didn't. The problem wasn't just the lack of an interesting story, but I also didn't feel any connection with the characters except for Gammamon, I guess.

I hope you guys enjoyed this more than I did.

For me, Xros Wars is still the latest good Digimon season. I can't believe it was 10+ years ago. :/ Time passes by too fast.
Mar 25, 2023 7:18 PM

Jan 2021
Eh, meh ending to a meh series. I do have to agree with the above, not a single Digimon anime has been good since Xross Wars season 2, because even the third Xross anime was very bad.
Mar 25, 2023 8:17 PM
Jan 2022
Wow that was so rushed and I expected nothing else. Nothing but a rush to the end with a bunch of random things just used to get there (like seriously they can't just have Hiro randomly summon Sirusmons blade like that with zero explanation). I really hope if we get another digimon anime series we get a writer who can actually pace a plot because while i did enjoy this series for the most part, this conclusion is just bad.
Mar 25, 2023 8:53 PM

Feb 2019
Mediocre ending ngl. Quantumon basically being the big bad for shits and giggles was.. interesting. Evil gammamon being an alien was an interesting twist. I’d like to see more of that in the franchise but yea started out with potential and really never lived up to it. Just glad this over so we can get that 02 remake now
Mar 25, 2023 9:06 PM
Sep 2015
It's a little bit too rush but otherwise ok, even if it's the most murderous digimon anime yet, with people getting killed for real by digimon.
So the next Digimon anime is 02 sequel, which is a film? I'm looking forward to it.
Mar 25, 2023 9:26 PM
Aug 2017
Bit too rushed of an ending IMO, like the base idea of it is fine but 1 episode was not enough to fit so many things in without feeling too sudden
Mar 25, 2023 9:41 PM
Oct 2022
Wow I watched the last episode of Ghost game and I have to say that the anime as a whole was not that good… I loved it, i really did, but objectively, it’s just not that good. There was so much stuff to be explored and expanded upon, especially in the sense that a lot of things changed from past Digimon series, but the way it was a monster of the week kind of show made it very rushed in the end. The ending was cute, yes, but it was EXTREMELY underdeveloped and unanswered questions were uncountable. The Digimon behind the whole entire plot of Digimon coming to the human world was introduced in the very last episode and gave us a very unsatisfactory explanation, as well and opening up several HUGE AND MAJOR QUESTIONS that will never be answered.

LITERALLY KOTARO’S LAST LINE IN THE WHOLE SHOW WAS “ARE THERE ANY PRETTY LADY DIGIMON” SHUT UP😭😭😭😭 SHUT UP How was he friends with someone as noble and gentle as Hiro😭😭 he’s like— the biggest scumbag of a middle schooler wth, like last time he encountered a pretty lady Digimon she tried to freaking eat him… as dinner—
AtomicStarCatMar 25, 2023 9:45 PM
Mar 25, 2023 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
Serafos said:
I recommend GeGeGe no Kitaro for a better take on the Ghost Game formula.

Sanic27 said:
while i did enjoy this series for the most part, this conclusion is just bad.
I feel the same way.
その目だれの目?
Mar 25, 2023 10:09 PM

Jul 2011
I have no idea what to think of this last episode. I was hoping it would end where there could have been a build-up for a season 2, but it feels wasted. This season had some good elements to it, but so many stories felt wasted. The Black Digimon was the biggest disappointment. While I like Digimon, this season was bad. 
Mar 25, 2023 10:31 PM

May 2012
Overall enjoy the experience,  was going give it a 8 but drop it to 7 . I really did enjoy monster of week and horror elements.  But unfortunately due to higher up they didn't want do more plot stuff due to kid not having attention spam 😕. 
To bad , this could been really good season.  But not worse season of Digimon,  take it over Hunter and Appmon. 
Going missed Gammamon,  he was really amazing mascot for a season.  
Only way redeem that awful ending if they do season 2 or movie . 
Seriously why drop 2 epic mon Arcturusmon and Proximamon , they were promoting those 2 so hard . 
Curious what happened behind the scene.  
Mar 25, 2023 11:43 PM
Jan 2018
This season had some really excellent episodes. It also had a bunch of solid to ok episodes and a few really bad ones. Unfortunately the really bad episodes make the whole story irredeemable. They crafted the last episode to be likeable and it was. If you turn your brain off, we got some great character developments and a future to move forward with. 

But at the end of the day, the biggest question is "In a world where the MC's have an endless adventure for the ending, why not put this arc in earlier and continue the world saving adventure till the show gets cancelled?"

If nothing else, I took Gammamon from my time watching this season. I love this little guy. And I got another chance to enjoy a fantastic Kow Otani OST. I guess that will have to be enough. In the future I bet someone will make a list of the best episodes from this season. Future Ghost Game watchers should just check out those episodes and move on to another anime.
MFDOOMEDSep 18, 2023 5:25 AM
Mar 26, 2023 12:10 AM

Jan 2013
Ending is weak, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the individual episodes. Seems weird when the show was good doing its own thing but when it does a traditional Digimon plot then it drops the ball at the last hour.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 26, 2023 12:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode and without surprises, the usual in this cases!

2.000 years? Here there is plot for a new sequel!!!

kekeke

3/10 for a bad large season
Mar 26, 2023 1:55 AM

Apr 2020
It was all right. Far from being my favorite digimon anime.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 26, 2023 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
This is like, what, their 3rd or 4th attempt at making episodic Digimon anime now? While I'd say Ghost Game is on the better side of those attempts, it's still hit or miss at best.
Mar 26, 2023 3:31 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This might be one of the first times in the franchise were a bad guy is defeated by rapid digievolution changes midfight. The animation budget was all there and the way Gulusgammamon was devoured was certainly a bit creepy. But alas, the fight was over, or we were led to believe as Quantumon appear to clear up the remaining mysteries, such as the black Digimon, why were the Digimon sent to the Real World, what was the deal with BlackTailmon and where dis Gulus come from. A quirky Digimon that gave the show its title (although it wasn't said explicitly and it should have) was collecting data all along.

All in all, was this series good enough for a recommendation? Ummm, I'd say considering the qualities of the last series, it is, but that bar is quite low. So for a general fan it isn't mainly taking into account how the narrative is sprinkled in some episodes and dumped in others. However, I can't say I didn't like it as the personailites of the cast, the quick and well executed digievolutions, the horror tropes and the opening sequence made up for that, and I don't really mind the episode format as much as others.

I don't think there will be a season 2 of this any time soon or at all.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2023 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
Siriusmon just woke up, and all of the sudden he was stronger compared to everyone without a reason. Wtf was this garbage episode? 
Mar 26, 2023 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
I have a few issues with some things in Ghost Game but that has been the one Digimon product in recent years that made me not lose all hope in this franchise after witnessing the horrors of Xros Wars and Colon.
It had a great cast of characters (human and digimon), though not much character progression, but it compensated by making the humans having a lot of social interactions with other people apart from the main cast, and the digimon had their own acquaintances too. It felt like a lively environment.

I still feel weird when I see complaints about having no overarching plot like it ever needed that in the first place. Sure, the human characters could have a bit more going on for them in order to make situations which the new evolutions happened alongside impactful moments, but if you wanted to put emphasis on some endgame plot you'd lose the scary aspect of the stories, and being a scary show for kids is something Ghost Game did really well.

Also loved how a lot of antagonists were able to escape and live another day, how the kids used everything they knew and could abuse in their battles like the digivice, how a lot of fights had a 'no chill' approach from both sides, how the background Digimons reappared here and there and helped out when necessary and how anti-climatic a lot of the resolutions were. It's a very different Digimon show and I'm glad I watched it since it's debut. Now to await 2 thousand years for a Digimon anime that does not abuse hollow nostalgia trips.
Mar 26, 2023 4:46 AM

Jan 2009
Quantumon is like the god or goddess of Digi World eh and she is the one that sends Digimons to the real world we all thought its Hiros dad lol

anyway this is a weak ending since we did not even see the Mega Evolution of GulusGammamon too

and they talk about the EndBringer threat so that left a huge open ending there

maybe they plan to make a movie sequel with this since there are leaks showing the mega evolution of gulus called Arcturusmon and the fusion of gulus and gammamon called Proximamon

but still an enjoyable show overall
Mar 26, 2023 5:18 AM

Apr 2020
The conclusion was very disappointing, let's talk about a big threat and then say "but it's ok we still have 2000 years! We don't need to show you it yet". And here I was, thinking Hiro would use MoonMilleniumon to somehow help in the fight, or maybe Regulusmon would eat him and reach his final stage, leading Ghost Game to a bad ending. But no, let's just use the power of friendship to boost Siriusmon. Who needs Diarbbitmon and Amphimon, right?

Ghost game was a good series, some episodes were great (most the ones focused on GulusGammamon) and others were repetitive and unnecesary, can't remember how many episodes we had about spiders and water. The characters were good, so watching 67 episodes wasn't boring. I hope for a sequel someday.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 26, 2023 6:10 AM

Apr 2011
Lucifrost said:
Serafos said:
I recommend GeGeGe no Kitaro for a better take on the Ghost Game formula.
I was curious about this show so thanks for this rec.

----------------
The first half of the episode was good (if you don't think too hard about the Siriusmon revive because this is shounen after all). I even teared up a bit at Hiro talking to Gammamon trying to bring him back.

But after that, it just fell into a rapid infodump to try and tie up all of the loose threads they spun together over the past year and a half. It was really disappointing tbh.

Though I will say, Quantumon would be a nice alternate evo for Jellymon.
Mar 26, 2023 7:16 AM

Dec 2013
What a rushed and unsatisfying ending, you can clearly tell the director was telling Hayami Saori to read her lines as fast as possible.

I'm so thorn about the show, on one hand it had some really good episodes, I liked all of the characters and now Jellymon is my favorite Digimon but having no overarching plot was awful, you can basically watch the few first episodes and the last 3 and miss nothing, I don't mind the episodic approach but taking Gegege no Kitaro for example at least that one had arcs and villains for each one and the final arc was great having everyone together, maybe I liked this show a lot more because of how awful the reboot was, at the very least I had a good time every Sunday unlike with the reboot.

It was pretty funny how the big threat is 2000 years away, the humans giving no fucks but the Digimon losing their minds.

If you have an itch for more Youkai and what this show could have been watch Gegege no Kitarou, it is the same but better.
KanameYuukiMar 26, 2023 7:30 AM
Mar 26, 2023 7:33 AM

Mar 2008
Even though this ending is just ok I kind of like what it was trying to do with the whole thing actually being good intentions all along and not in a weird super villain way and the idea of making a third world as a sort of compromise seemed nice, just could have been executed better so it doesn’t feel so anticlimactic. The whole Gulusgammamon being devoured thing just came on too unexpectedly without any clear cause as to how it occurred. Maybe it would have been done better without the time constraints and had been stretched out more to explore things more in depth? Guess we will never get to know.

Still I pretty enjoyed the series most the way through as a whole even though it didn’t really make everything come together smooth enough plot progress in the end to go out with an epic bang instead of this awkwardness we got. Yet then again maybe it shouldn’t be judged that way since the show never presented itself as something with a big overarching plot with an epic finish it was just suggesting a very episodic show with lots of lighthearted endings.

I luled at the part you can hear in the background whatshisname wanting to find some cute digimon to try to hook up with. XD

Took a while but i just realized. Does anyone think this Endbringer relating to the relation between human emotion and the digital world is symbolic of people’s relation to technology?

Sanic27 said:
Wow that was so rushed and I expected nothing else. Nothing but a rush to the end with a bunch of random things just used to get there (like seriously they can't just have Hiro randomly summon Sirusmons blade like that with zero explanation). I really hope if we get another digimon anime series we get a writer who can actually pace a plot because while i did enjoy this series for the most part, this conclusion is just bad.

I don’t see why it needs to be explicitly explained since it seemed obvious to me. Hiro was inside of Siriusmon / Gammamon’s internal world so the rules work different there where since he’s connected with the digivice and his bond with Gammamon he’s able to do things like that in that particular situation.

animedude1287 said:
I have no idea what to think of this last episode. I was hoping it would end where there could have been a build-up for a season 2, but it feels wasted. This season had some good elements to it, but so many stories felt wasted. The Black Digimon was the biggest disappointment. While I like Digimon, this season was bad. 

Yeah they easily could have had the ending be a build up for second season or sequel with different characters picking up where this left off with that approaching threat or even just a movie. I suppose they could always just pull a “ooops my calculations were wrong” kind of deal and move the date up or do some time travel thing hah.

Excelwing37 said:
Overall enjoy the experience,  was going give it a 8 but drop it to 7 . I really did enjoy monster of week and horror elements.  But unfortunately due to higher up they didn't want do more plot stuff due to kid not having attention spam 😕. 
To bad , this could been really good season.  But not worse season of Digimon,  take it over Hunter and Appmon. 
Going missed Gammamon,  he was really amazing mascot for a season.  
Only way redeem that awful ending if they do season 2 or movie . 
Seriously why drop 2 epic mon Arcturusmon and Proximamon , they were promoting those 2 so hard . 
Curious what happened behind the scene.  

Hopefully they do another season or movie or something. Maybe it could give a more satisfying end but doesn’t seem too likely.

rasterman7 said:
This might be one of the first times in the franchise were a bad guy is defeated by rapid digievolution changes midfight. The animation budget was all there and the way Gulusgammamon was devoured was certainly a bit creepy. But alas, the fight was over, or we were led to believe as Quantumon appear to clear up the remaining mysteries, such as the black Digimon, why were the Digimon sent to the Real World, what was the deal with BlackTailmon and where dis Gulus come from. A quirky Digimon that gave the show its title (although it wasn't said explicitly and it should have) was collecting data all along.

Yeah that was interesting to see the rapid evolving and devolving as a fighting strategy. I am a bit confused about Gulusgammamon coming from another world. Does that even make sense? I guess if we view it as Gulus being from a simulation maybe might explain why he’s like Gammamon in his evolutions I suppose?

Guifoliveiraa said:
Siriusmon just woke up, and all of the sudden he was stronger compared to everyone without a reason. Wtf was this garbage episode? 

I took it as being more determined rather than being stronger. Just the whole mouth open and devouring of GulusGammamon is what came from nowhere without explanation unless it was implying the reason Gammamon can have all these different evolutions is because that’s how he got them to begin with is devouring other digimon which would be interesting. Lol

Kingwel said:
I have a few issues with some things in Ghost Game but that has been the one Digimon product in recent years that made me not lose all hope in this franchise after witnessing the horrors of Xros Wars and Colon.
It had a great cast of characters (human and digimon), though not much character progression, but it compensated by making the humans having a lot of social interactions with other people apart from the main cast, and the digimon had their own acquaintances too. It felt like a lively environment.

I still feel weird when I see complaints about having no overarching plot like it ever needed that in the first place. Sure, the human characters could have a bit more going on for them in order to make situations which the new evolutions happened alongside impactful moments, but if you wanted to put emphasis on some endgame plot you'd lose the scary aspect of the stories, and being a scary show for kids is something Ghost Game did really well.

Also loved how a lot of antagonists were able to escape and live another day, how the kids used everything they knew and could abuse in their battles like the digivice, how a lot of fights had a 'no chill' approach from both sides, how the background Digimons reappared here and there and helped out when necessary and how anti-climatic a lot of the resolutions were. It's a very different Digimon show and I'm glad I watched it since it's debut. Now to await 2 thousand years for a Digimon anime that does not abuse hollow nostalgia trips.

I don’t know, I think Kiyoshiro had some pretty clear character development.

Yeah that’s why I was able to enjoy the show I just didnt have expectations of what it should be other than digimon.

I do agree with the other stuff too how the characters interact is pretty nice and that the digimon weren’t just being troublemakers for no reason at all

deg said:
Quantumon is like the god or goddess of Digi World eh and she is the one that sends Digimons to the real world we all thought its Hiros dad lol

anyway this is a weak ending since we did not even see the Mega Evolution of GulusGammamon too

and they talk about the EndBringer threat so that left a huge open ending there

maybe they plan to make a movie sequel with this since there are leaks showing the mega evolution of gulus called Arcturusmon and the fusion of gulus and gammamon called Proximamon

but still an enjoyable show overall

Quantumon is more comparable to Yggdrasill I think or just a digimon that was created by a quantum computer so held in high esteem for being more advanced technologically. Yeah I seemed to be the one that started the trend of blaming Hiro’s dad since he seemed like the kind of guy who would get suckered into something. Lol

While that could have looked cool it also wouldn’t have made any sense for Gulus to be able to reach mega. Why would he want Hiro if he already has all his forms stronger than any normal digimon and if he could reach mega on his own? Plus he would have been too strong to beat as a mega because he would be way stronger than Siriusmon. So that was very intentional I think.

vxnderground said:

I could totally see that being cannon. Quantumon looked a little like being made of some sort of goo but overall has a simlar demeanor and form as Jellymon’s various evolutions.
traedMar 26, 2023 7:37 AM
Mar 26, 2023 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
@traed

ye maybe true about why we did not see the mega of gulus so ye its intentional
Mar 26, 2023 7:50 AM

Oct 2016
what a mess GG was, it had some cool moments and some good ideas like every Digimon season
but it really felt like they couldnt figure out which direction they wanted it to have, like it was directed by a 100 different people
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
traed said:
Took a while but i just realized. Does anyone think this Endbringer relating to the relation between human emotion and the digital world is symbolic of people’s relation to technology?
No, I thought it symbolized international diplomacy.
その目だれの目?
Mar 26, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2013
in general I liked the darker theme of GG.  I do feel like the ending was rushed but they did leave some openings.  I am very curious about the end bringer that will appear in 2000 years. I wouldn't mind some day when the "final" season of digimon occurs that they have the end bringer be the villian and they use this opportunity to bring every series together in a grand finale. Interesting food for thought.  I look forward to the O2 moving and what comes after. 
Mar 26, 2023 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Well the finale was just as rushed as expected.  First half was fine but holy infodump Batman that back half leaves a bad taste.  So many halfassed explanations and new plot points set up.

Overall the show was decent and I loved pretty much all of the episodic adventures.  But man, the "main plot" for how little there is was just as poorly done as the Adventure reboot's was.
Mar 26, 2023 12:31 PM
Apr 2020
Sanic27 said:

Same for me. I did enjoy many episodes but the finale was so underwhelming. The whole series I did enjoy all the slowburn suspense they were building around gulusgamamon just to wrap it up in two episodes!?!?
I also find disappointing that both Rulli and Kiyoshiro were set aside so shamelessly.
I’m so mad because I did enjoyed the series and the characters but this finale did us so wrong.
How little they cared for the season’s finale has left me traumatized XD. Hopefully I’ll get over it one day.
Mar 26, 2023 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
vxnderground said:

the interaction between them in this episode makes that a high chance i want to see it

quantum physics like quantum computer works on waves and particles anyway and example of waves is the ocean or water
Mar 26, 2023 3:56 PM

Mar 2008
Lucifrost said:
traed said:
No, I thought it symbolized international diplomacy.

Hm that diplomats that get too emotional are dangerous? Or that working together for an imminent threat (like idk global warming) instead of fighting against eachother should be the goal? Maybe.

CDcoolio1984 said:
in general I liked the darker theme of GG.  I do feel like the ending was rushed but they did leave some openings.  I am very curious about the end bringer that will appear in 2000 years. I wouldn't mind some day when the "final" season of digimon occurs that they have the end bringer be the villian and they use this opportunity to bring every series together in a grand finale. Interesting food for thought.  I look forward to the O2 moving and what comes after. 

I dont think digimon is a franchise that really ever needs to end since it only is tied together with similar ideas and just the use of same digimon designs here and there. It could be reused for centuries.

Bolillo99 said:

I also find disappointing that both Rulli and Kiyoshiro were set aside so shamelessly.
I’m so mad because I did enjoyed the series and the characters but this finale did us so wrong.
How little they cared for the season’s finale has left me traumatized XD. Hopefully I’ll get over it one day.

Through most the series I felt like Ruli didn’t have a very strong presence even though she had some episodes specifically about her. Maybe because the way characters were grouped. She was stuck between Kiyoshiro with a high IQ and Hiro with a high EQ so they were running most everything and she’s just the artistic girl in the background who only shines now and then and didn’t have that strong of a personality neither nice enough nor harsh enough to be noticed very often. Would have been more balanced if she was utilized as a creative thinker to make creative solutions more often than she did.
traedMar 26, 2023 3:59 PM
Mar 26, 2023 4:48 PM

May 2021
I enjoyed this one quite a bit :) binged it in ~3-4 days. On my scale I probably should’ve given it 6/10 because a certain number of episodes weren’t too interesting, among other things, and maybe I’ll reduce my score in the future, but I decided to go for 7/10 anyway. There is just so much I appreciate about this series! How it wasn’t holding back when it comes to the “body count”, how much more personality digimon partners had in comparison to pretty much all the other seasons, how they managed to make even the simplest of premises interesting and horror-ish, how they acknowledged continuity (even if it ended up being pretty sloppily handled in the end and not all the previous villains, who had the intention to return, came back) etc. I think the OP for this season was very catchy and even though it could never beat Adventure’s “Butterfly” for me (only a few anime openings can in general), it’s definitely high on my preference list. I’m glad they never changed it throughout the series. I also really liked the first evolution theme, it invoked that “intimate” feeling in me that I think I've never felt ever since Tamers’ evolution themes (or maybe even since Adventure 02).
I enjoyed the ending for what it is. I don’t usually care about how good or bad the ending is, unless there are specific personal reasons as to why I should place said ending above the whole experience. Even if Ghost Game didn’t have any ending at all and was just left unfinished, I’d still enjoy it for what it is, and it wouldn’t affect my overall impression. Nevertheless, I still think that the last episode was pretty nicely done, all things considered.

If there was ever any doubt about Akira Ishida occupying 1st slot in my favorites, now it’s definitely gone :) Kiyoshirou is definitely one of my favorite characters from the Digimon series, thanks in no small part to his VA, I suspect. I thought he was a very entertaining and endearing character. Not much to say about Hiro, he was just kind of there and had a cute enough design, I liked him. As for Ruri, I thought that she was pretty much a “non-character”. I think she was one of the most uninteresting Digimon characters and I didn’t care about anything when it comes to her, but at least I didn’t find her annoying either, so it’s fine, and that fact alone already makes her infinitely better than many anime characters lol on the contrary, Jellymon and her behavior was often pretty annoying, but that trait had a purpose and contributed to her amusing dynamic with Kiyoshirou, so it’s all good. I liked Angoramon’s inquisitive nature, even if he didn’t have a flashy personality. Gammamon was extremely cute and huggable lol definitely one of my favorites among the “MC’s partner” kind of digimons, if not the most favorite (I think his main rival is Guilmon, at least in the cuteness department). Speaking of Gammamon, I also have quite an admiration for Miyuki Sawashiro ever since her performance as Toko from Danganronpa, which is when I basically learned who she was, and I think she did a great job as Gammamon, especially when it comes to making all those cute and weird sounds lol GulusGammamon also sounded pretty cool and fittingly “edgy”.

I’d say it’s my 4th favorite Digimon series so far, after Adventure, Appli Monsters and Adventure 02 (still couldn’t beat the soft spot I have for this season!). Just like Appli Monsters, Ghost Game made a significant contribution to restoring my faith in Digimon franchise, or rather in my ability to potentially enjoy new series, which is probably why I have such a favorable outlook when it comes to this anime. Now I’m all fired up and fully ready for some new Digimon series in the future!
Mar 26, 2023 6:26 PM

May 2014
Well it's finally over. Here comes the void feeling, I got so used to watching this every Sunday. 

The anime started out extremely strong, but when it ended up being so episodic I was a little disappointed. When I just accepted this fact I started to enjoy it a lot more again though. Being episodic, some episodes were certainly better than others, some could feel a bit samey. The amount of good ones overshadowed that though. I will say this last bunch of episodes just goes to show my preference for some kind of ongoing narrative. They were extremely rushed for sure. It felt like they were ticking off boxes to tie up loose ends as fast as possible. I really craved more time spent in the digital world itself too. I'd be down for a Ghost Game movie to expand more on the ending.

I agree with some posters above about Ruri. I didn't care for her at all sadly, same goes for her Digimon Angoramon. Hiro and Kiyo were great though, as were their Digimon partners. I know Hiro could be seen as a bit boring, but I liked him a lot. He didn't feel like a typical kids show protag. He was quite mature and calm for the most part. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but did we never get an explanation for the scar on his ear? It just seems like an odd character design detail to have if there's zero explanation for it.

Overall this series just about scraped an 8/10 for me. High 7 low 8 kind of level. Give me an anime adaption of Digimon Survive next please and thank you.
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 PM

May 2014
Some neat ideas, but holy hell was this rushed. Maybe if they had spent more time with an ongoing story instead of having almost the entirety of the series be a monster-of-the-week-style offering and the group actually banding together to pursue a unified goal then maybe this wouldn't have happened. No idea how they didn't see this being a problem back during the conception stage of production considering this has literally been complained about since episode 3 or so.

At least Jelly-sama was great when she was on-screen. Well, except for when she digivolved. Her different forms all looked ridiculous.
Mar 27, 2023 12:35 AM

Aug 2020
Gotta be honest. I have nothing against the actual plot they presented. But it REALLY feels like they coulda done the Digital World half way into series while STILL making it monster of the week.

How I would've done it:

1) Halfway point, make it about finding Hiro's dad in the Digital World because the Digimon are getting out of hand in the human world as they are Perfect/Ultimate level now. Ya know? The whole isekai plot of most Digimon shows? Kiyo, with letters from Hiro's dad questioning how he ended up in the Digital World, reasons out that they can use the Digivice to do so. Reason why the half way point? So that theres enough important Digimon allies like Mummymon, Clockmon, Espimon, etc (heck even Piedmon), and humans the gang helped to take care of the Digimon in the human world while they go to the Digital World. Would've made it so that they can freely go back to the human world so that important episodes can still happen like evolving to Perfect/Ultimate. I also refuse to believe the humans are dumb enough to not believe the Hologram Ghosts arent sentient so instead of being clueless the whole series, they are interested in helping out Digimon.

2) They could've done the Gulus plot at this point, AND make it seem like Gulus was planning this from the very beginning and being sneaky about it. Like during their journey to find Hiro's dad, they are constantly put into more and more dangerous situations so Gulus has more moments with Hiro while also talking more to Gammamon's evos. Gulus seems to be gaining their trust from helping them and actually listening to spare Digimon with Gulus somehow removing the Black Digitron. While doing so and helping out infected Digimon, little by little Quantumons trust is gained from her observing the kids intentions and their bonds with the Digimon they spare most of the time. Her whole character arc would've been the same about human emotions and evolution, except make it so she doesnt know the exact reason why the Digital World is like this. Only suspects that Gulus is involved. So Quantumon shows herself seeing Gulus being complying to get some answers with Hiro's dad because he's been researching this in collaboration which is why he's been missing for so long. THEN this is when the whole Gulus plot twist happens. He separates and catches Quantumon off guard, "corrupting" her and finally betraying the gang while elaborating his plan. The Black Digimon present themselves as Gulus' army, including BlackGatomon because they've been contributing towards getting them to the Digital World. Now no big threat can do anything against Gulus except Hiro and gang.

3) Here, you can still do monster of the week but with the Black Digimon and the Gulus virus thing. This makes the Black Digimon not stupid red herrings anymore. Can also have more human and Digimon partners going on at this time. Like Meicrackmon and the kid, Kayono with the stuffed Bears, Emma with Eyesmon, and that plant guy finding the plant Digimon's egg. Those guys can have their resolutions off screen and help. At this point, Gulus can go Regulusmon. Quantumon will still be relevant. Gulus virus makes her agree with Gulus so she switches her prerogative to fight against Endbringer at all costs. Before this though, Gulus' army attacks the human world and has to fight the regular Digimon allies they've made. Gulus evolves into Arcturusmon right before being defeated by the Mega trio and one-shotting Siriusmon similarly to this episode. The Siriusmon Planet Knuckle can happen the same way, but instead their allies defeat the Black Digimon and come together to hold off Arcturusmon. Hiro and Siriusmon convinces Gulus and Quantumon that humans working with Digimon have a much better chance at beating the Endbringer than they do so Gulus complies and removes his virus.

All of this would work as a story if they bothered to pace it out rather than 1 episode... Shame whoevers incharge of making decisions for the Digimon anime are out of touch.

As for what we actually got, idk. I have nothing to say about Ruri. She's just there to start investigations with her social networking. Hiro and Gammamon dont need anything if they went more with the Gulus plot and the whole life and death theme they had going on in their focus episodes. No protagonist really has good characterization except Kiyoshiro and Jellymon. They are the only characters that have ANY semblance of character arcs and not having one-note personalities. I really enjoyed Kiyoshiro having to overcome his weakness of cowardice of the unknown while Jellymon tries to be less bratty and irresponsible, both complimenting each other's weaknesses coming together to fight. They have an actual dynamic with traditional Digimon character arcs. Really enjoyable to watch, too. Thetismon is MVP most of the time, Kiyoshiro himself is as capable as Izzy is in Ghost Game, Amphimon as a Mega really compliments both characters well as being their ultimate ideal. I'd easily say any of the Kiyoshiro focused episodes were good.

But yea, way too many pointless episodes. Consider that Ghost Game used more episodes than ANY other Digimon series just to do monster of the week with minimal character development for 90% of the runtime...
Keep scrolling
Mar 27, 2023 5:18 AM
Apr 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Mediocre ending ngl. Quantumon basically being the big bad for shits and giggles was.. interesting. Evil gammamon being an alien was an interesting twist. I’d like to see more of that in the franchise but yea started out with potential and really never lived up to it. Just glad this over so we can get that 02 remake now

What nonsense are you talking about? Quantummon was doing it for research not just fun. She evacuated them later after all.
And while the Ending was pretty weak, it is still miles better then 2020, and I assume the 02 Anime will have similar Writing.

My personal Thoughts.
It was pretty rushed, Gammamon for once not just evolving further but fighting whit creativity, and all it has was a nice change of Pace.
Last time we had something like that was 02.
Gammamon eating Gulus was a pretty creepy Moment, damn.
Dont care about Alien Digimon, Digimon from alternative Dimention, and Digimon living in Space was allways a thing, so why not?
But its weird how they introduced a new Treath, right before the Show ends. Maybe scraped Material, or forshaddowing for a Movie?
After all Gulus had a Fusion Form whit the regular Gammamon Line.
Instead of forcing the Digimon and Humans to split up and say goodbye, they decide to stay, but create there own Country.
In the one Hand this makes sense, there away from bigger Human society, and its easier to teach them how to live amough them.
But obviously Kids have limited Abilitys, there make great social Workers, but letting them go into Politics?

The black Digimon didnt realy do much, but we finaly find out what there up to, and it turns out the Corrosion is not the same as black Digitron.
If anything it might be a cheap copy of it.
The Line near the End was kinda funny. Is it just a Game for you? What a Ghost Game, lol?

I liked the previous Episode more, but this one was fine I guess.
Mar 27, 2023 8:14 AM

Feb 2019
Sunaki said:
Marinate1016 said:

What nonsense are you talking about? Quantummon was doing it for research not just fun. She evacuated them later after all.
And while the Ending was pretty weak, it is still miles better then 2020, and I assume the 02 Anime will have similar Writing.

My personal Thoughts.
It was pretty rushed, Gammamon for once not just evolving further but fighting whit creativity, and all it has was a nice change of Pace.
Dont care about Alien Digimon, Digimon from alternative Dimention, and Digimon living in Space was allways a thing, so why not?
But its weird how they introduced a new Treath, right before the Show ends. Maybe scraped Material, or forshaddowing for a Movie?
Instead of forcing the Digimon and Humans to split up and say goodbye, they decide to stay, but create there own Country.
In the one Hand this makes sense, there away from bigger Human society, and its easier to teach them how to live amough them.
But obviously Kids have limited Abilitys, there make great social Workers, but letting them go into Politics?

The black Digimon didnt realy do much, but we finaly find out what there up to, and it turns out the Corrosion is not the same as black Digitron.
The Line near the End was kinda funny. Is it just a Game for you? What a Ghost Game, lol?

What nonsense are YOU talking about. Just because you liked this mid don’t mean everyone have to. Cry
Mar 27, 2023 8:24 AM
Apr 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Sunaki said:

My personal Thoughts.

What nonsense are YOU talking about. Just because you liked this mid don’t mean everyone have to. Cry

My only Point where: Quantummon didnt act out of Fun, she had good reasons.
She was pretty irresponsible, and didnt care for the Consequences, but that wasnt the Reason she did it.

And 2020 sucked hard.
I never said you have to like it.
I critisized it as well, im fine whit People dissliking it.
Mar 27, 2023 12:40 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hmm. Not sure what to think about the final episode since it left us with more questions than answers especially when Gulus mentioned that he was from outer space. How Gulus made it to the digital world remains a mystery. I'm glad that Gulus didn't die as he was humbled once he realized that Gammamon was stronger. Instead of ending with a bang, Ghost Game went out with a whimper. I would agree that Ghost Game was better than Digimon 2020, but that's not really saying much since 2020 was really bad that any mid tier series would be better. The only good thing I can say about Ghost Game is that it had a good soundtrack as I enjoyed the OP and the EDs.

5/10
Mar 27, 2023 3:44 PM
May 2013
GULUSGAMAMON IS SO CUTEEE
Mar 27, 2023 5:03 PM

Apr 2011
deg said:
vxnderground said:

the interaction between them in this episode makes that a high chance i want to see it

quantum physics like quantum computer works on waves and particles anyway and example of waves is the ocean or water
Right? It's kind of like Tailmon and Patamon having Ophanimon/Holydramon and Seraphimon/Goddramon alternates.

Plus, wasn't it mentioned a couple times throughout the series that Jellymon was a decent hacker? So she's good with computers. Yet another link to Quantumon.
Mar 27, 2023 6:47 PM

Jan 2009
vxnderground said:
deg said:

Right? It's kind of like Tailmon and Patamon having Ophanimon/Holydramon and Seraphimon/Goddramon alternates.

Plus, wasn't it mentioned a couple times throughout the series that Jellymon was a decent hacker? So she's good with computers. Yet another link to Quantumon.

yep very good point with the link between hacking and quantum computers
Mar 27, 2023 11:19 PM

Aug 2015
I liked most of the ending outside of the Endbringer stuff. Also, probably needed one more episode to let everything breathe. The fun MOTW format and lovable cast far outweigh any issues. 9/10 overall.
Controversial opinions
Mar 28, 2023 11:11 PM
Feb 2017
Words can't describe how bad this show's ending was. What an absolute waste of time.
Mar 29, 2023 12:18 PM
Aug 2016
I would have liked a litle overall plot more I guess. Like the characters more actively searching for clues and making progress.
I liked the single episodes, but the the series is not better then the sum of its parts.

The end fight was cool but it could happen 10 or 20 episodes ago, which would give us a tamted Gulusgammamon to enjoy. 
Apr 6, 2023 10:34 PM

Nov 2009
People talking about connections between Digiworld and Human world as computers and such...

Here I am still thinking about Gulusgammamon being an alien that somehow ends up in the Digital world since the beginning before traveling to the Human world...

Sounds like this series' Digital World is quite different from the past series Digital World.

This time's Digital World is an actual "world" that isn't actually created by Human technology, but they just share similar relationships because they use "data".

As thus the "portal" actually teleports humans and digimons between actual worlds.

This mean the "digital" world is actually a "physical" world that exists somewhere in the universe.

Gulusgamamon is the sole evidence that proves this, since he isn't an actual "digimon", he just also possess the same or similar data that Digimon uses

We have no idea what's Gulusgammamon's true identity, but the earlier episode suggests he somehow traveled between space from his planet to either Earth (or Digiworld planet) and then infects Gammamon without him noticing.

This suggests Gulusgammamon is some sort of parasite that originally wasn't a Data/ Digimon in the first place. (he was a physical being like Humans)

As this is the reason why Gulusgammamon wants to take Gammamon's body, cause without it, Gulusgammamon would just be a tiny parasite.
amlgApr 6, 2023 10:43 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 9, 2023 5:20 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be 68 episodes? I'm confused..>:I>
Apr 27, 2023 6:03 PM
Jan 2017
Great final episode!
May 4, 2023 1:45 AM
Jul 2020
Overall this is probably my favourite thing Digimon since Tamers. While the intended audience skews a little younger than the old series and it avoids more difficult themes like divorced parents and other family issues I thought Ghost Game was successful in its episodic format by having good episode after good episode and keeping a tight cast so you get to know the characters. How Ghost Game used internet urban legends to revive the mystery of the internet that Digimon as a franchise is built around brought back some of the vibe that I felt recent series have been missing. I'd love if future series chose to raise the stakes a lot more than Ghost Game did and hope they bring back more of the serious family drama but besides that I have no major gripes.
JimgusMay 4, 2023 1:49 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

16 by TripleC »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.