Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Yup, they went with a big fight in the end and honestly, this was probably the way they wanted to do the finale since the beginning. No matter what though, Dariel did his work and survives to the end. Even demons in this show seems to have respect for him now.

It was a rather predictable ending but also a very safe way to conclude the show imo. Dariel deserved his happy ending as he should.
Mar 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
The foolish son Bashbarza has unleashed his fangs from the Hex magic to face Dariel, and the latter has no choice but to face him, even as he transforms into a magical beast. And through the conflict, the father-and-son memories come up to show the relations of both Bashbarza and Dariel, whom his father has traveled with, and the former resigned to working hard to join the Four Generals, thereby leaving the family in tatters again as Dariel takes over the entire family dynamic as a son alongside him. The sobering truth is that Bashbarza's been left alone for all his life, and Dariel can emphasize that the same with Granbarza accepting him into the family even if he isn't related by blood. Dariel playing the empathy card to finally de-escalate his rampage, but the Hex magic has gone too far out, absorbing his self-destruction magic, leaving both Granbarza and Dariel to eliminate the Salamander for good.

Dariel receives Malika's usual welcome greeting...and he's not spared of her superhuman strength. As for Bashbarza, getting punished by the Demon Lord to descend to Hell or restart as one of the Four Generals proper, choosing Hell to atone for his sins would be a disservice, and so he earns the same karma as how he treated Dariel in the first place: banishment. Both father and son being apologetic for their actions, and Bashbarza finally gets the point across to him that he's treasured like everybody else in the family. The day where Gran learned another name and the family all coming together for a big feast, it's the amicable ending for Bashbarza, ready to turn over a new leaf.

Kinda of an average show to be honest, though it's the "Banished from the Party" trope repeated again.
KANLen09Mar 25, 2023 7:56 AM
Mar 25, 2023 7:00 AM

Apr 2010
Well now we all know that a good wife is someone who breaks your bones ones you get back home!!

This anime was a lot of fun to watch i really enjoyed it and finally an anime that features mariage, tho it wasn't the only anime to feature birth this season.
The characters where fun tho i missed out on some that where introduced the first episode.
Mar 25, 2023 7:27 AM
May 2018
Overall a pretty average banished-trope anime that had an interesting plot complexity development when the dads appeared a few episodes back. Would've liked to see more of Doroye (the blonde that actually liked Dariel back at the army) though, since she'd been another supporter of Dariel. Not at bad watch for a seasonal anime but also not memorable.
Mar 25, 2023 7:30 AM
Sep 2021
Had a good family setting, the slice of life was brought into life very well, everything is decent in the series the plot, characters, art style and animation.
Mar 25, 2023 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
That was wholesome as hell. And I will take the jiggle physics and off screen crushing to the grave. Loved it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 25, 2023 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Decent fight at the end. It was nice to see Malika embrace Dariel softy and then crush his body in half lol.

Good show. Nothing special but still good.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 25, 2023 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
They saved Bashbarza and he became a good guy, intime he'll redeem himself. Malika's hug was delicate this time, nah it was strong af as usual and full of love. Decent episode to end the season. Was a pretty decent anime. Enjoyed watching it.
Mar 25, 2023 7:49 AM
Jun 2020
why'd this end up so... slice of life. I thought they were gon' beat the shit of one another then talk it out but they barely even fight just straight up talking. I cringe tbh.

6/10
Mar 25, 2023 7:50 AM

Jan 2012
And so Dariel successfully talk no jutsus Bashbarza and everyone forgives him very unrealistically quickly as we end the series.

Well let's get this out of the way first: the absolute, no doubt about it, 100% best thing about this series was....Malika and her big, beautiful tits. To its credit, I suspect the show knew this as they were never afraid to flaunt them. I'll give this bonus points for actually having Dariel marry and impregnate her, and not even at the very end! That's becoming more common in anime these days, which is a good trend, but it's still not a guarantee so seeing it was nice. The rest of the series I'm more mixed on. This last episode would have you believe family, and more specifically fathers and sons, was the show's overarching theme from the start, but I'm not sure I'd agree. In hindsight that really only started getting focus once Alantsil visited Dariel's village and the connection between them was revealed, which I saw coming an episode or two before it was revealed btw. I actually enjoyed that development much more than Bashbarza's daddy issues temper tantrums. Alantsil was easily the character who got most screwed over in the story in retrospect. I'd have made that the finale, but oh well. The first half or so of the series was much more another Animal Crossing sim anime style, similar to Isekai Nonbiri Nouka also from this season. Although it did have more action that that show even then admittedly. On the whole the overarching cast was fine, though I expected the blonde demon girl general to end up having wind girl's role or at least a bigger one instead of getting ignored entirely considering she seemed most supportive of Dariel early on, but oh well. Gran's first words were both so adorable and so ridiculously forced/unrealistic I'm not sure whether to go "awwwwww" or groan at them lmao. But eh, 7/10 as a whole.
Mar 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2019
I can’t lie man this ending made me tear up a bit wow what a cute finale. Probably the 2nd best banished trope show we’ve had. Having an older MC, focusing on marriage and just slice of life stuff was nice. It wasn’t the best thing ever but it just resonated with me and was a fun ride.

I’m glad Bashbarza found peace in the end and having Gran’s first words be his name were fitting.
Marinate1016Mar 25, 2023 8:01 AM
Mar 25, 2023 8:02 AM
Sep 2015
I love how lightheart this anime is, only two people died, Smith who died of old age, and Dariel's mother who was killed offscreen in a flashback. And of course the highlight is Dariel's adoptive/biological fathers, they're so DILFs, and Smith's disciple Sakai, who should have more screen time. It could be more ambitious, like showing a capital city, or something, focusing purely on one village is a little bit too small for me.
Mar 25, 2023 8:03 AM

Mar 2010
At the end of da day. Malika was still more dangerous but he couldn't resist them oppai. 

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2023 8:07 AM

Mar 2013
They really made an effort to make this last episode with A LOT of BGMs and many other factors to make it grander and epic.

I love this episode as they made the conclusion much more entrancing to the audience and made a lot of sense why Bashubaza-sama did all of these things just to get the affection of one person only for himself.

A great conclusion indeed.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 25, 2023 8:12 AM
Feb 2018
A bit too late and far fetched teary backstory
Mar 25, 2023 8:45 AM
Jan 2021
Did we ever get to see the other demon lord? There's Droyes, Bashverza, Zebiantes... I can't even remember their name. Even Droyes didn't have much of an appearance towards the end.

Otherwise, a nice end to a chill show.
Mar 25, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 2021
Any idea why marika so strong? Her parents dont look like heros or powerful humans.. maybe she has orc blood in her veins XD
Mar 25, 2023 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
This was one of my favorites of this season. Amazing anime and an amazing ending. I wish to read novel sometimes, hope it gets translated one day. 

Feels a bit bittersweet that it ended, I wanna see more :(
Mar 25, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2018
smhhard said:
Any idea why marika so strong? Her parents dont look like heros or powerful humans.. maybe she has orc blood in her veins XD

Either because she’s an adventurer or it’s just a gag
Mar 25, 2023 10:14 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic anime, I enjoyed it a lot.
Mar 25, 2023 11:03 AM
Dec 2022
A young boy who simply idolizes his father and want to be like him, and feeling like the father's drifting away towards another. I do sympathize with him I'll give him that. I also worry about his mother, she seems like a nice lady but worries about being alone. In the end Dariel saved Bashabarza and acknowledged they are brothers, that shows you can always rely on family above all else. Malika was clearly happy for her husbands return, death my oppai... not a bad way to go🤣. I didn't think Gran's first words were "Big brother Bashabarza", but it left a great impact. Dariel's life sure has changed for the better, he met the love of his life, met his birth father, patched things up with his brother, and brought humans demons together! Things do turn up during your second chance at life.😊
Mar 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Dec 2020
Yes that was a nice ending for this show, dariel got to kill this dragon with his dad and the demon king.
Now he has more brothers and everyone has finally see that everyone can achieve something.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 25, 2023 12:13 PM

May 2021
Average at best. Predictable story, mediocre animation, meh acting. Ending was super predictable.
Mar 25, 2023 12:25 PM
Nov 2012
Apparently the source material is on-going. Any potential for a season 2?
Mar 25, 2023 12:36 PM

Dec 2022
it was totally amazing bashivaza even managed to make amends and gran is as cute as ever but he was not a naughty boy this episode
Mar 25, 2023 12:51 PM

Apr 2022
I did not predict anything but... I mean wasnt predictable to me, mind you... as maybe wasn't the ending a bit lackluster wanted something more impactful... just a boring ending but that's ok... is like a goodbye without a cliffhanger of hoping for a second season desperately 
Mar 25, 2023 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
"Slow Second Life" my ass !
The dude spent all his time fighting giant beasts and heroes/kings
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Mar 25, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Wholesome final episode <3
Mar 25, 2023 2:09 PM

Mar 2021
This was a pretty good show. I know I picked it up late, but I am glad I did. It did hit some familiar beats, but it was filled with charming characters, sweet moments, and was often pretty funny. I hope they make a second season one day.
Mar 25, 2023 2:23 PM
Feb 2022
This was a average show across the board with some memorable characters and scenes. The ending episode was a bit rushed and the ending also quite average.

Still I can't really find any noteworthy faults except maybe it felt somewhat rushed and barebones but that's more the fault of it being only 12 episodes and since it didn't seem to have that much backing/funding for more than that it did a good job with what it had.

I say it's worth watching if you like the fantasy genre and would recommend it simply because it didn't really make any glaring mistakes. That is also why I rate it above average.
Mar 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Feb 2007
Nice final scene there. Looks like Dariel finally eventually managed to learn to handle his wife's tackles after all. :D
Mar 25, 2023 2:37 PM

Jun 2016
Another solid 8/10 seasonal anime for me, for others it should be a 7 but I'm often generous with my votes, not a masterpiece but I will miss it.
Franz_FurantsuMar 25, 2023 2:44 PM
Mar 25, 2023 2:51 PM

Jun 2016
Gl0rp said:
This was a average show across the board with some memorable characters and scenes. The ending episode was a bit rushed and the ending also quite average.

Still I can't really find any noteworthy faults except maybe it felt somewhat rushed and barebones but that's more the fault of it being only 12 episodes and since it didn't seem to have that much backing/funding for more than that it did a good job with what it had.

I say it's worth watching if you like the fantasy genre and would recommend it simply because it didn't really make any glaring mistakes. That is also why I rate it above average.

I agree, it's the typical seasonal fantasy anime with wholesome vibes and funny moments, with average/good animation and character design, at the end we might say the bulk of every season to spend some
light-hearted time.
Mar 25, 2023 2:56 PM
Sep 2020
Hiruuu_ said:
why'd this end up so... slice of life. I thought they were gon' beat the shit of one another then talk it out but they barely even fight just straight up talking. I cringe tbh.

6/10

Dude, the title has "Chillin in my 30s" in the title. This ain't no teenage chunibyo angst filled drama.
Mar 25, 2023 3:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
unfortunately i have to put this show into the 

"anime i unintentionally forget exist in 2 years"

category
Mar 25, 2023 4:08 PM
Nov 2017
The only thing that could’ve made this a 10 for me is if it showed just a little of the romance. This show and farming life both completely skipped the first kiss and bedroom scene. I don’t need it to be a hentai but he loved her oppai and we seen a ton of that but not one kiss
Mar 25, 2023 4:39 PM

Dec 2022
what a nice finale. brotherly love, and family emotion. a damned feel good ending ^_^
Mar 25, 2023 7:09 PM

Sep 2018
This was pretty run of the mill, your standard filler fantasy IMO. 6/10
Mar 25, 2023 7:36 PM
Jul 2012
Considering what this anime was and what it set out to do, not bad at all. I'm also happy it wasn't unnecessarily extended to the point of overstaying its welcome. A solid 7/10. Too bad the animation budget ended around episode 3.
Mar 26, 2023 12:46 AM

Jan 2023
Well, there was nothing more I could have hoped from this epsiode, it was pretty much the perfect episode imo: incredibly sweet and optimistic ending, centered on family and friendships breaking barriers.

Overall, I rate the series a 7/10 : very enjoyable, inspired in its slice of life moments, as well as in its action scenes, with good comedy and drama.
Mar 26, 2023 1:10 AM

Jan 2021
Pretty good finale and I'll give it a 7/10
Mar 26, 2023 1:43 AM

Oct 2022
It was a fun anime the MC was decent. The ending was predictable, but the vibe was chill really enjoyed it.
Mar 26, 2023 2:39 AM
Mar 2021
Family is number ONE!
Mar 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Jul 2020
that ending was wonderful I wouldn't mind a sequel if there's any but for now I'm glad everything turn out well
Mar 26, 2023 4:59 PM
Mar 2023
mmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mar 26, 2023 5:27 PM
Oct 2019
Wholesome conclusion.

I actually really enjoying this one a lot. it was my first Fantasy with concept like this one.

I'm happy with Season 1, if they making another season i will definitely watching it.

7/10
Mar 26, 2023 6:37 PM

Apr 2015
This show started out really rough, but it got a lot better. It was alright overall.
Mar 26, 2023 7:58 PM

Dec 2021
What a boring ass finale. Bashbarza should have died to stop the beast. If you're going serious at least fucking commit. He was such an asshole this whole time and while I get that he's going to atone from now on he is not being punished nearly enough for all the shit he did. All that "I'm gonna kill your wife and destroy your village to make you suffer" evil stuff is just forgotten because he's made up with his dear family and isn't all angry anymore. Like wtf. I get it's a pretty lighthearted series but there's a limit to how much you can forgive.
Mar 27, 2023 1:24 AM
Mar 2022
A good anime after some time. the story is a little duul but enjoy it
Mar 27, 2023 4:01 AM
Sep 2021
Overall this is a decent series full of wholesomeness and I gave this a 7/10!

On a side note, here is what could happen to Bashubaza on his new journey across the world …

He vowed to start a new leaf by revisiting Dariel’s past adventures and giving help to the people in need. The first couple of things he decided to do to start a new identity were to dye his hair black as well as to give himself a new name.

Later in his adventure upon arriving in a vast forest, he came across a god and after witnessing Bashubaza’s remorse and resolve, he gifted him with an all-in-one “Almighty Farming Tool” to aid him on his journey. Bashubaza looked at this new tool and closed his eyes to vision himself farming in this new life which could be very fun! He also wanted to experience the hardship of starting from square one in his new settlement.

You guys are probably curious and wondering who is this new identity. Well he is none other than Hiraku Machio, building his new harem of different races and friending with creatures in this second life (same VA from Farming Life in Another World)!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

18 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

40 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

45 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

115 by Jack-Kai-Lantern »»
Apr 9, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

31 by lasodamos »»
Dec 7, 2023 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.