Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's ok Mahiro. Exams are stuff every student has to go through but it seems she's not used to it.

Realistically, their school lives are pretty normal with these type of tests and Mahiro should be more prepared for it each time. It's just the anime protrays the fun side of her character much more often.
Feb 16, 2023 7:19 AM

Feb 2020
Heh. I'm not really surprised to see Mahiro struggling with tests. :P

Nemu does nothing but sleep in the background, lol. I wish she would talk a little.

The girls baked some delicious looking cookies together. Yummy! Even their teacher was impressed.

SerafosFeb 16, 2023 10:13 AM
Feb 16, 2023 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
Good to have more of Mahiro's school life. She's having fun with her friends. She even baked cookies and gave some to Mihari, that was sweet.
Feb 16, 2023 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Mahiro showing her capability in studies, and not just is Momiji struggling hard, this is the same for Asahi. Mahiro basically being confident of her tests, that she forgot to put in her answers during Maths test she's dead. And it's not just Maths, but other subjects that she finds extreme difficulty in.

On the topic of nicknames, it's easy to splice Momiji's name into thinking that she has a tomboyish name. And Mahiro wants nothing more than to go home and play the new game that she bought. Seriously, of the clique of girls, Miyo's thinking is so far off, thinking that their affection is akin to Yuri, which is wrong. Since her friends wasn't close to her hobbies, finding classmates of interest would be best, but none can beat the Otaku-dom within herself.

Making cookies in Home Econs class, Mahiro's only thinking of eating it, and who else than Momiji's older sister Kaede to teach them how to bake and add their own individual spin onto it. With the group, they're ready to go, and they almost let Miyo create her own calamity lols. Luckily it turned out alright making black tea cookies, except trying to mask their thoughts about Miyo's cooking, Asahi has no chill. Mihari receiving them with sweetness and lightning, and Mahiro can go back to her games.

What a cute episode, when Mahiro can actually go out and not be a NEET, enjoying life with friends.
Feb 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao mahiro thought she could ace that test just off past knowledge. She got a nice little surprise with that one.

School’s honestly been the best thing to happen to her. Making friends who like her same games, growing as a person etc. seems like everyone’s got a crush on her.

Really sweet that she wanted to make some cookies for Mihari too.

Another really cute episode. Loved the DQ references too!
Marinate1016Feb 16, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 16, 2023 10:18 AM

Oct 2022
bro got hit with the old, "that came out before I was born" I feel for the guy.
Feb 16, 2023 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
this is the episode that made me realize this show has secretly just been a CGDCT show the whole time
super wholesome and fun after the first 2 episodes, easily one of my favorites for the season
Feb 16, 2023 10:38 AM
Jun 2022
yes very good episode especially around 13:46
Feb 16, 2023 11:05 AM

Dec 2022
Que divertido sería tener economía doméstica como materia pero eso solo sucede en japón :,)
En fin... Buen cap
Feb 16, 2023 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
The shift into a CGDCT show kinda works, and without all the ecchi, it's rising up my seasonal rankings bit by bit. It's great to see Mahiro spending time with friends, and running into weird situations. The video game chat with the two boys was funny, and the test mess-up was as well.
Feb 16, 2023 11:24 AM

Apr 2018
BluephoenixCG said:
this is the episode that made me realize this show has secretly just been a CGDCT show the whole time
super wholesome and fun after the first 2 episodes, easily one of my favorites for the season
Mcsuper said:
The shift into a CGDCT show kinda works, and without all the ecchi, it's rising up my seasonal rankings bit by bit. It's great to see Mahiro spending time with friends, and running into weird situations. The video game chat with the two boys was funny, and the test mess-up was as well.
Probably because always has been a one, and having fanservice doesn't makes this show and ecchi (Implying being an ecchi, on a hypothetical case, was bad).

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Feb 16, 2023 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
Those two poor kids, it's been a roller coaster for them, now both have a crush on Mahiro, that was a pretty uplifting episode, with that little smile at the end because he has found enjoyment in life.
Feb 16, 2023 12:29 PM
Nov 2015
My favorite episode yet!
Feb 16, 2023 12:32 PM

Nov 2019
It was very entertaining
Feb 16, 2023 1:17 PM

Oct 2016
were the voices on the "see you next time!" the 2 boys from class? 
Feb 16, 2023 1:18 PM
Mar 2019
I want some cookies 🥺
Feb 16, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2019
So Mahiro fell asleep after poking the girl in front of her since she started dozing off, oh well, but at least it put both Asahi and Momiji at ease. We got to see a  bit of Kaede and some reminiscing from Mahiro thinking of the times Mihari baked cookies in the past. Mihari really thought fondly of Mahiro when she was her older brother.

Next episode sounds fun with it being Mahiro's first sleepover, should be entertaining.
Feb 16, 2023 1:41 PM
Dec 2021
I was always somewhat confused at the decision of the anime starting with Mahiro already becoming somewhat used to being a girl. Well it turns out I had skipped the first episode. I never watched it. I'm so dumbfounded I had to write this post. EDIT: It was so so much degenerate than the rest of the show what the hell? It felt like I was watching something completely different!!
darkheartedprinzFeb 16, 2023 2:12 PM
Feb 16, 2023 2:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yes sir, use the entire mixing bowl as a cookie cutter. This is big brain time.

Mahiro mentions that the cookies they made were black tea cookies, I almost thought that the specks were herbs for a second, making for a savoury kind of biscuit. Maybe add a little cheese in there, and man, I'd be dtf hard.

Never actually stayed to watch the full ED, but now seeing it in its entirety, wow the animation is beautiful. I can say with almost no hesitation that this anime has the best production quality of the whole season. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 16, 2023 2:50 PM
Nov 2022
anyone have a Pic of Mahiro DQ Cosplay?
Feb 16, 2023 4:43 PM

Jan 2022
Continuing on doing stuffs at school, this episode was packed with fun parts, I disctinctively remember that I loved them all ! Onimai's the best, thank you BIND !
I like everything, ok
Feb 16, 2023 4:45 PM

Jan 2022
woope said:
yes very good episode especially around 13:46
Indeed they do know their physics class well.
I like everything, ok
Feb 16, 2023 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
Honestly this was the most wholesome episode so far, they really went all out.
Feb 16, 2023 5:11 PM
Jun 2022
aaaaaaa so relaxing
Feb 16, 2023 5:11 PM
Feb 2020
very wholesome episode
Feb 16, 2023 5:25 PM

Sep 2018
It's getting better, the wholesomeness/lewdness ratio is steadily gaining in favor of wholesomeness. A number of anime seem to do this, go all out with the fanservice in the early episodes, and then tone it down a bit once the series is firmly established. 
Feb 16, 2023 6:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a very fluffy episode maybe besides the test part, but we did get to see the sleepy girl’s face reveal there, and at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter if Mahiro fails tests so might as well enjoy makeups with Asahi lol. And then came Mahiro conversing with the girls versus with the boys, the girls didn’t seem to know much about the game Lost Quest but the boys made it to where he could have an in depth conversation about the game, although he doesn’t realize the effect he’s having on them lol, and then came the realization that people were born before your favorite game came out which is too real.

The comfiest bit was probably the cookie one, Mahiro and the girls just baking together while trying to prevent a disaster by Miyo was really fun, loved the little visuals when they were baking and the cookies turned out great, that Home Ec teacher was a grade A milf too lol, and seeing a casual Kaede was sweet too, and Mahiro saying “let’s go” in the subs was really funny to me lol. And the cookies ended up touching Mihari’s heart which was a nice ending.

I also noticed in this episode the ost in some parts sounds like the Super Mario World Athletic theme lol.
Feb 16, 2023 6:44 PM
Dec 2021
This is the most wholesome episode I've watched so far this season. Every seconds melts my heart.
Feb 16, 2023 8:13 PM

May 2015
This series is too cute. Just caught up from a 2 week backlog and its so wholesome and funny. 

The sibling relationship between Mahiro and Mihari is adorable! Started tearing up towards the end when Mihari was given the cookies. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2023 9:35 PM
Aug 2016
wholesome as always, its cute to see them bake and fail tests.

though I felt weirdly gender dysphoric because I wanna have the cute anime girls look
Feb 16, 2023 11:03 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Mahiro was so confident in those tests. But falling asleep in maths class definitely doesn't help. 

"I hate math especially when they add letters to it", Oh if you hate it now your gonna hate it even more soon. It just gets to a point where its all letters and barely any numbers lol.

Mahiro is also struggling to find stuff to talk to girls about. She ends up over hearing some boys talking about the game she recently got and sometimes I feel like in certain instances he forgets that he's a girl now. She even made those 2 boys take interest in her now.

Cookie making time in home Ec. Miyo is very enthusiastic about it but Momiji reminds Mahiro that her that Miyo's baking skills are one to be desired. Momiji and Mahiro enlist the help of Kaede who even taught Mihari how to bake when they were Momiji's age. In the end they end up making Black Tea cookies which even the sensei liked (she was defo preparing herself since Miyo's on the team lol). You could hear the hesitancy of her voice when responding to Miyo asking if she wanted to try one.

Once again another wholesome part at the end with Mahiro and Mihari, with Mahiro giving her the cookies and Mihari wanting to not eat them because Mahiro made them and even starts tearing up a little after a bite saying "They're prefect". 

Love to see more of these moments, but I just can't help but think of when Mahiro is going to turn back into a guy. Like its going to happen at some point and tbh its probably better if he stays as a girl now. If he turns back into a guy now he might lose all his friends and all he has built up whilst being a girl.

I actually wouldn't mind this now, with less ecchi and a more kind of CGDCT vibe. Seeya next week!!

Feb 17, 2023 12:39 AM

Jun 2019
Oh those boys have a crush on Mahiro now.
Feb 17, 2023 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
What a very nice episode. So many cute happenings and stuff and the best friend of Asahi, Momiji, getting jealous whenever Asahi or Mahiro clings to one another.

I like how Kaede's cooking was feared of by the teacher herself lmao.

I like the OST, very big trigger to cause me to remember my old memories! I want to relive this life with my memories of this current one :ehe:
Feb 17, 2023 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
Cocky Mahiro got overconfident about acing the exams that she let herself sleep throughout the exam itself, only filling in some of the answers. At least Asahi can take the make-up exams with Mahiro now! XD

The whole episode itself was very wholesome. You can tell how much fun Mahiro is having with her friends and it shows so well. She even went as far as to have a nice conversation with the two boys from before when it came to talking about the Dragon Quest-style game that they enjoyed.

The cooking segment was also amusing, with the teacher fully aware of how horrid Miyo's cooking abilities are. Thanks to the help of her friends, they all made some yummy cookies to take home, which Mihari had some herself. Her reaction was very cute! =)
Feb 17, 2023 3:28 AM
Feb 2023
Entertaining, althougth a bit creengy when remembering that this cute girl is actually a grown male.
Feb 17, 2023 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
Oh god that ending was everything I'd hoped, so dang sweet... I want cookies.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 17, 2023 6:08 AM
Oct 2016
Everyone is Cute and Funny
Feb 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Feb 2016
Such a sweet episode. I don't know why I get such a kick out of the scenes where Mahiro charms the boys. If I went to class with a girl like that in middle school, I would've fallen for her immediately.

Also got a generous amount of Nemu-tan this week, and another character got a buff lol.
Feb 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2021
This anime is so good I feel bad for those who are missing out on it. 

"I mean it was released before we were even born" you're old Mahiro, you're old. But I didn't think he was that much older though. Weren't Mahiro and Mihari in the same school? Forgot in their junior or senior year, maybe about 3 years age difference but that's not a lot either. 

Oh well, another fun episode with wholesome moment at the very end. This anime might just be anime of the season (at least for me). 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Feb 17, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2018
the gift of comedy that just keeps on delivering
Feb 17, 2023 10:16 AM

May 2019
The scene where Mahiro enthusiastically talked with the bunch of boys about an interest in the video game and when he also attempted to bring the exact same interest to the girl's talk is just contrasting one another and it's so funny. It's truly a criminal that Mahiro could be the cutest char in the show while deep down he's just a dude lol. When the boys talk about haven't played the game since it came out before they were born really hits hard for him especially for an enthusiast trying to talk with the youngster. The baking cookies session at the school and Mahiro bringing some cookies for his sister is very wholesome indeed. The show has been consistently good and becoming more wholesome with each passing week.

Feb 17, 2023 10:46 AM
Feb 2017
I just think it's really cute when Mihari breaks down to tears whenever Mahiro does something even a tiny bit selfless hahaha
Feb 17, 2023 2:19 PM

Jul 2016
Mahiro's first videogame talk with zoomers didn't go as well as he planned. The "it came out before I was born" line sure felt like a punch in the gut.

Super wholesome episode. This show has finally started to grow on me and the lack of FBI vehicles outside my home only makes it better.

Also big tiddy teacher ftw!
Feb 17, 2023 7:05 PM

Apr 2021
Now I'm hungry for cookies >_<. Anyone have any good recipes for cookies?
Feb 17, 2023 9:18 PM

Feb 2016
I think the side plot of those kids falling in love with Mahiro is funny af lmao

I would like to see Asahi doing more dumb stuff, she's cute.

And I wanna see more Kaede, best girl by far <3
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 18, 2023 1:02 AM
Jul 2022
I heckin love Mahiro growing as a character
Feb 18, 2023 3:12 AM
Apr 2013
Hmm. Not what I was expecting but, the anime is still good.

I'm not sure if the rest of the anime is going to be mostly school scenes. Mihari and kaede kinda got shafted now, though they both still show up.

The ep title feels a bit weird in retrospect but eh.

Going from the next episode title looks like it's going to be interesting.

They probably wont talk too much about it but it is kind of funny and weird since mahiro taking exams again.

I was half/kinda expecting them to screw up the cookies but it turned out ok.
I suppose we are going to see a lot more of momiji, asahi and miyo. A lot.
Though it doesnt seem they're interested in quite the same things as mahiro, ahue.
CocoaGalaxyFeb 18, 2023 3:15 AM
Feb 18, 2023 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
Oooft I feel bad for Mahiro bombing the tests. Though no surprise. Who remembers what they learn in school much anyway? 

Not sure if those boys in class are crushing on Mahiro now or just confused they can get along with a girl so well suddenly. Lol

I almost want to bake some cookies right now...but with no one to make them with or for what’s even the point of putting the energy in? TwT
Feb 18, 2023 4:19 AM
Mar 2020
I don't like this. Is the MC progressing too fast? I mean we're talking about the guy who has been a hikikomori for years now and those social anxieties aren't even making any sense. Shouldn't it be that he need more time to even get out of the house?
Feb 18, 2023 5:03 AM

Nov 2018
blue haired girl is best character
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

124 by Juicedi »»
Yesterday, 1:54 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

245 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 18, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.