Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 30, 2023 4:46 AM

Apr 2016
my GOD

This episode set my expectations so high??!! THIS EP WAS AMAZING

I got so many chills, the ost man.. the art style everything shotos voice the build up

THE DAMN BUILD UP FOR MIDORIYA WWWAAHH IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS SATURDAY

BEST EPISODE THIS SEASON SO FAR

Jan 30, 2023 7:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This series can really deliver some substantial punches to the gut when it wants to. For this season, that has been the case for nearly every episode... and this one so far has hit the hardest.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 30, 2023 9:11 AM
Jan 2023
and they continue to draw this out as long as humanly possible. Next episode is looking to finish out the epilogue fully of the Paranormal liberation front war arc but I'm still just disappointed at this pacing. We've wasted 5 episodes on this epilogue... one more is gonna leave 7 episodes for the next arc and 21 chapters. I can only hope that this low point is the story is made up for with those last 7 episodes.
Jan 30, 2023 10:48 AM

Aug 2019
Hawks and Jeanists have a way of interrupting lmao

The whole family needs therapy
Jan 30, 2023 12:23 PM
Sep 2020
Great writing in this ep, really brought light on what is like to live in a family with an abusive parent and all the terrible echo effects it can have on everyone involved.
Jan 30, 2023 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
gswelcome said:
Am I supposed to feel sorry for  Endeavor?  Because I don't, feeling sorry now is completely worthless after treating his family like garbage.  Annoyed to that the family has to feel partly responsible for their son turning from Jedi to Sith.  Maybe the mother can take some blame for being a doormat but even there, Endeavor was a psychopath so hard to blame her too much.  The siblings?  They were kids and get no blame whatsoever no matter what this show wants to say. 
This! i totally agree with everything you said.

may i add i hate the fact that they have turned it to focus on "dabi is our responsibility" as a conclusion instead of demanding for "touya's suffer to stop" 

yeah ik it doesn't make sense, yet it bugs me that they think "oh he turned bad because of us we must take action" rather than "he's our son that we tortured enough therefore we owe it to him to act and stop his pain".

i hope i made my point clear ive been crying A LOT.
Jan 30, 2023 3:04 PM
Nov 2016
scorpioniclibra said:
Manga readers pls tell me if this is going to get super dark from now on bc i reeeeally hope it does (dont spoil me beyond that tho)

There are no more happy days in MHA, shit is dark from this point on, it's been pretty dark since this season started and it will stay dark.

Those happy days at the academy are over.
Jan 30, 2023 5:37 PM

Mar 2021
xZabuzax said:
scorpioniclibra said:
Manga readers pls tell me if this is going to get super dark from now on bc i reeeeally hope it does (dont spoil me beyond that tho)
There are no more happy days in MHA, shit is dark from this point on, it's been pretty dark since this season started and it will stay dark.

Bro said "dark" and "MHA" in the same sentence

Jan 30, 2023 5:54 PM
Nov 2016
MugiwaraJopa said:
xZabuzax said:

Am I wrong though? even MHA can have its dark moments, oh boy, I said it again, I said MHA and dark twice now, oh shit, I said it again.
Jan 31, 2023 3:52 AM

Mar 2021
xZabuzax said:
MugiwaraJopa said:

Am I wrong though? even MHA can have its dark moments, oh boy, I said it again, I said MHA and dark twice now, oh shit, I said it again.

Oh no!!!!!! Say it a third time and Mineta will appear in your mirrors.

Jan 31, 2023 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
starting with the encounter with the Todoroki Mother, as part of his plan to have a strong kid, and her family accepted
back to the present day, mother is mad cause she also overlooked the problem with Toya

Toya had a strong flame, but his body was more compatible to ice, so using the flame power actually hurt him , that's why he has all those stitches in his body now
his dad made him dream big, so it was hard to stop him from using his powers, he didn't even care if it hurt him
Toya got so mad that he tried to attack shouto in front of everyone else lmao
mother didn't like that Endeavor didn't pay more attention to his kid, but we all know Endeavor had his plans to focus on
that being said, he was way too angry all the time, look at that scene when he told the mother to take care of Toya, geez

anyway, seems like everyone feels like they have their share of faults for what happened to Toya, so everyone, specially Shoto, are hoping that Endeavor can stop Dabi

their scene was taking too long, so Hawks and Jeanist decided to enter lol Hawks instantly changed the mood

fucking legal precedures ... imagine a country asking for help from outside but not being able to receive it because... a random department isn't working right now so they can't send the papers? LOL

seems like the truth about one for all, Deku and All Might's power, will need to be told to at least some of the top heroes, i'm surprised none of them knew about it

lastly, the reason why Deku doesn't wake up, he is in the world of OFA, hearing what the past members were saying, and getting ready to kill Shigaraki
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 31, 2023 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
thunderkitten13 said:
I’m sorry but Dabi’s backstory has to be the most nonsensical one I’ve ever seen in anime, like I get it a little why it makes sense but how could no one this whole time piece two and two together that Dabi was Endeavor’s son. It just seems so utterly convenient for Dabi’s backstory to just be another typical family revenge plot, it’s so annoying at this point. Most of the villains either have resentment against their family or heroes, I wish there were way more complex heroes than this, and then all for one just wants to become a generic demon lord, come on lol…
how would they piece 2+2 together and know he is endeavor's son?
is endeavor the only one in the world who can use fire? and even more... can he use blue fire?
was a kid supposed to survive that gigantic fire that he made in the forest? specially since his body is weaker to fire than most other people, it should have just burnt right away...
i'm sure you were the only person who knew he was endeavor's son from the time you first saw him, you probably wrote it somewhere in the forum, but i'm not going to look for it lol

i'm also curious, what are your ideas for how someone turn into a villain if not for either a bad past (getting bullied, seeing a friend/family member die... resentment to family or heroes like you said), because they admired a villain (just like people usually admire heroes) or because their family/friends taught them to do bad things like stealing/killing for money
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 31, 2023 9:30 AM
Apr 2022
winddevil1 said:
thunderkitten13 said:
I’m sorry but Dabi’s backstory has to be the most nonsensical one I’ve ever seen in anime, like I get it a little why it makes sense but how could no one this whole time piece two and two together that Dabi was Endeavor’s son. It just seems so utterly convenient for Dabi’s backstory to just be another typical family revenge plot, it’s so annoying at this point. Most of the villains either have resentment against their family or heroes, I wish there were way more complex heroes than this, and then all for one just wants to become a generic demon lord, come on lol…
is endeavor the only one in the world who can use fire? and even more... can he use blue fire?
was a kid supposed to survive that gigantic fire that he made in the forest? specially since his body is weaker to fire than most other people, it should have just burnt right away...
i'm sure you were the only person who knew he was endeavor's son from the time you first saw him, you probably wrote it somewhere in the forum, but i'm not going to look for it lol

i'm also curious, what are your ideas for how someone turn into a villain if not for either a bad past (getting bullied, seeing a friend/family member die... resentment to family or heroes like you said), because they admired a villain (just like people usually admire heroes) or because their family/friends taught them to do bad things like stealing/killing for money

The reality is that we have seen VERY FEW people use fire in the series so far, and blue flames are practically nonexistent except for Dabi. And another thing is how can you not recognize your son from pictures, I don’t care how old he is, a mother and father will always know what their children look like. As for the character motivations being redundant, you don’t always need outward situations to influence the Will. You can ponder deeper thoughts/philosophies and come to certain conclusions that motivate you to do something, but so far, everyone just wants revenge, or wants power, or both. Himiko is the only one not driven by anything of that sort but she’s worse because she’s just “crazy” and wants to do crazy stuff because she enjoys it. Anyone can just say “they are crazy, that’s why they are doing it” but it is not interesting in the slightest. And I don’t even have an issue with harboring resentment as a source of motivation, but everyone is like that except for Spinner, but he’s piggybacking off Stain and has no motivation of his own. And Stain is actually a really well written character, but they portray him as a lunatic so obviously subconsciously we aren’t meant to empathize with a maniac.
Jan 31, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
thunderkitten13 said:
winddevil1 said:

The reality is that we have seen VERY FEW people use fire in the series so far, and blue flames are practically nonexistent except for Dabi. And another thing is how can you not recognize your son from pictures, I don’t care how old he is, a mother and father will always know what their children look like. As for the character motivations being redundant, you don’t always need outward situations to influence the Will. You can ponder deeper thoughts/philosophies and come to certain conclusions that motivate you to do something, but so far, everyone just wants revenge, or wants power, or both. Himiko is the only one not driven by anything of that sort but she’s worse because she’s just “crazy” and wants to do crazy stuff because she enjoys it. Anyone can just say “they are crazy, that’s why they are doing it” but it is not interesting in the slightest. And I don’t even have an issue with harboring resentment as a source of motivation, but everyone is like that except for Spinner, but he’s piggybacking off Stain and has no motivation of his own. And Stain is actually a really well written character, but they portray him as a lunatic so obviously subconsciously we aren’t meant to empathize with a maniac.
they didn't know about his flame being blue (i think), it happened at the mountain and all he did was tell the father to come see it, which he didn't ... and the fire that supposedly killed him was also red
older or not, he was quite different now lol different hair color, all burnt and stitched face... only thing that's the same is the eyes ... and they probably don't have a good picture of his face either, why would a villain show his face in pictures?
Jan 31, 2023 12:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah that's some tough Endeavor's backstory with the kids to add to everything that has been shown before, now it's time for the redemption it seems like starting with the collaboration with the other ones 
Jan 31, 2023 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
Nothing really happened. Well, at least the messed up family is back together
خ
Jan 31, 2023 5:34 PM

Jun 2015
I cant help it. Squeeeee. Such a bad ass episode filled with such juxtaposition. Not every family is perfect, but bonds are forever!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 31, 2023 11:56 PM
Feb 2021
the fact it was a lore to the todorokis made it even better
Feb 1, 2023 4:10 AM

Apr 2020
Todoroki family drama is genuinely the best thing to come out of this series. 
This did justice to the manga. 
Feb 1, 2023 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
LOL

whenever it gets to a serious drama tear jerking moment, they get interrupted by something.

___ ___ ___

And it looks like the other heroes are starting to piece together the puzzles about Midoriya and All Might...

I wonder what they'll do if they really found out. Biggest question is... will they reveal it to the public? Cause if they do, I can pretty much see everyone blaming Midoriya for All Might's downfall, since Midoriya "technically stole" All Might's powers. (even if it was "given")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 1, 2023 6:57 PM

Jul 2011
Just finished binging all 17 episodes of this season and GOD DAMN it's soooo much better than the previous season and on par with season 2 IMO. Glad it's back! Such a fun series.
Feb 1, 2023 9:04 PM
Mar 2018
Endeavour doesn't deserve to be a hero. he wrecked his family
Feb 1, 2023 11:31 PM
Jun 2022
This is probably one of my favorite episode in the entire series. The backstory of the Todoroki family is heartbreaking and now every single one of them suffer the consequences. It’s true Endeavor is the cause but Rei and Toya’s other siblings felt like they should be blame too. Now more than ever, endeavor needs the support of his family to stop his eldest son. I absolutely love how Hawks & Best Jeanist encourages the family to come together to fix what was broken. In the previous episode, Shoto thought it’s his job to stop his brother but now he knows that their chance of success will be higher if he work together with his dad.

The public has found out about One For All but they still don’t know the real truth behind it. The top 3 heroes is trying to connect the dots as to why Shigaraki is targeting Deku but Deku is still unconscious so I feel like now it’s All Might’s duty to set thing straight. Bakugou is still Bakugou 😂

Overall a great episode. I’m hype for the rest of this season! Midoriya will finally meet all of the past OFA users. Dark Deku starting soon!
Feb 2, 2023 1:55 AM
Oct 2021
One of the best MHA episode I've watched
Feb 3, 2023 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
yoo this episode is literally so emotional and banger !!
Feb 3, 2023 10:57 AM
Feb 2018
hating endeavour is a full-time job and I'm committed
Feb 3, 2023 11:59 AM

May 2015
The Todoroki family's story is one of the peak of the series.

Endeavor definitely the GOAT.
Feb 3, 2023 8:48 PM

Feb 2021
Dabi's backstory is finally here.

Todoroki family and the Top 3 are here to fix the situation and stand beside Endeavour.

Endeavour, Hawks, and Jeanist are teaming up from now on.

The question of what exactly is 'One For All' is slowly surfacing.

Feb 4, 2023 4:26 AM

Apr 2021
We get to see the past and yep it's depressing. I guess One for All's not gonna be kept a secret for much longer now. The top heroes should know what they're dealing with here. Great episode overall!!
Feb 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Aug 2014
Top 3 heroes teaming up sounds dope!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Feb 4, 2023 8:01 AM
Feb 2023
I cant wait for ep 18...
Feb 4, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2017
too many emotions
Feb 4, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
Damn finally the truth about Todoroki Family 😥

Wow just wow.
Feb 4, 2023 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
This was such a brilliant episode. The title fits it perfectly.
Feb 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Aug 2021
really emotional and dramatic past of Toya and the Todoroki family 
Hits really hard
Feb 4, 2023 1:07 PM
Feb 2021
one of the good eps ever made

Feb 4, 2023 10:51 PM

Oct 2021
Touya's backstory is as hearbroking as in the manga. And those eyes looking at Rei Torodoki are fierce! No wonder she had a mental breakdown and had to be isolated at a psychiatric facility more over a decade! This woman needs a break!

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Feb 6, 2023 1:24 AM
Jan 2018
Looks like they’re about to discover the secrets of One For All…
Feb 6, 2023 1:44 AM
Aug 2018
sheesh. they animated this really well.
Feb 7, 2023 11:54 AM

Oct 2018
Finally, this Endeavor family drama is going for a conclusion. The AD work was crazy on this episode.
Feb 11, 2023 4:30 AM

May 2016
Great episode, loved how Hawks barged in XD
Feb 11, 2023 6:50 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Feb 11, 2023 10:47 AM
Mar 2021
I miss Deku's smile
Feb 13, 2023 11:53 PM

Nov 2012
wow did this season get so much better as soon as that action sequence vs shigaraki & co ended? For me it did at least. The episodes have been a lot more interesting and exciting since then.

When I wasn't enjoying the earlier part of the season I had said hopefully it can at least end strong, and it might be looking like it will do just that? We can hope anyway. It's definitely been a roller-coaster of a season anyway for me with ups & downs.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 18, 2023 7:09 PM
Jan 2021
Damn.... This is mostly Endeavor's fault. If he wasn't so fixated on having a child that would surpass All Might, then Toya wouldn't have turned out to be so driven to improve his flames.

The question of how Toya survived that 2,000 DEGREE CELSIUS FIRE STILL HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED!

I love how Rei talks about Shoto and mentions that he's the only one who's a true hero and I agree wholeheartedly. But that's all because of Midoriya helping him during their battle at the UA Sports Festival.

Hawks and Best Jeanist come in and Rei immediately apologizes. At first I thought Shoto did something wrong, but then I realized she was referring to Toya. So Hawks has connected that this ties back to One For All. He knows that this connects to All Might in some way.

Is the fact that All Might senses his vestige in OFA mean that he's going to die soon? And I wonder what the previous OFA wielders will talk to Deku about...

Bro I'm more excited to see what's next!
Feb 18, 2023 8:31 PM

Jun 2014
The Todoroki family has gone through hell, but somehow, they're all working to mend the wounds of the past, which is impressive, because many would never forgive someone for putting themselves through what that family went through.

Hopefully, Deku will wake up soon.

Feb 19, 2023 12:16 AM

May 2020
So, we get to see the entire backstory of the Todoroki family. The reason why Shoto was isolated and never allowed to get close to his siblings. They were protecting both Toya and Shoto, but the result turned out to be very different from what they expected. I thought Enji was just plain abusive, and a non-caring parent. But this shows that he cared about his children, especially Toya and Shoto, but didn't know how to express himself clearly and it backfired. Toya was completely brainwashed by Enji, and by the time he came to know about Toya's powers and his body condition, there was no salvation for Toya. He was already deep inside the endless pit. Twisted.

Damn, Shoto's voice is so strained. Hawks and Shoto, both have their voices affected because of Dabi. Rei's apologies made Hawks and Best Jeanist lose their cool. Seems like Hawks relates himself to Shoto. Also, it seems like he sees Shoto as a better version of himself.

Great, so Deku is not actually unconscious, but talking to the previous wielders. All Might feels it. I don't remember Endeavor talking about One for All. People are starting to raise concerns about it. Hawks is able to connect the dots. Hope he doesn't reveal it to anyone. Endeavor most probably figured out All Might's quirk and successor.

Feb 19, 2023 8:21 PM

Apr 2016
This arc is incredible.
Feb 21, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed seeing the full backstory of the Todoroki family. Endeavour was the definite origin of their problems but it's not quite that straightforward.

"Blackmarket denim" Best Jeanist is hilarious sometimes.

I figured this was going to happen eventually but it seems people are finally starting to question what One for All is. It's definitely just a matter of time now until Midoriya's secret it out.
Feb 22, 2023 2:24 AM
Nov 2019
Muy buen episodio, entender el verdadero pasado de los Todoroki y saber la posición de Endeavor ante todas las cosas. Magnifico.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

140 by oozePOP »»
Apr 22, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

261 by Randompersonwho »»
Apr 22, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

158 by oozePOP »»
Apr 21, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by oozePOP »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

337 by bubba460z »»
Apr 19, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.