Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jan 9, 2023 9:22 PM

Nov 2021
@itz_abhi_005, Thank you for the gift/suggestions, I haven't seen it yet I forgot but I sure will watch it.

Jan 9, 2023 10:02 PM

Aug 2014
-asphyxia- said:
@Shuuka I hope you enjoyed ur gift (tried to do my best with the lil time I had ;u; ) and I hope u enjoyed xmas c:
@Nate .. kjfdghfk, omffg.. thank so so so much for the forum set! it is really beautiful. I saw redish then I saw it was wei and died inside ;u;
I remember I was having a loong and stressful day and man, U made my day .. seeing that and the msg.. ah man.. tyvm for real. I am really happy with it..

also, a big thank you to all elves but specially to elf-rin ( @firefractal @Tensho @Shinah & @Nate ) !! you guys are awesome ❤ ~
Yes it is lovely! Thank you so much, I love it ^^

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Jan 9, 2023 10:12 PM
Sep 2019
Love this event. I always had trouble finding out new animes to watch so this was a blast
My candies:
Bonus:

Jan 9, 2023 10:13 PM

Feb 2022
@Steamboy361 thanks for the recommendation! I've watched the first few episodes and it does have the interests of mine you mentioned, though probably not going to finish because I'm just not finding the humor/characters that great. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style.

Also big thanks to the elves for seeing this through despite the issues that arose!
I come for the cool looking stuff, I stay for the characters.
Jan 9, 2023 10:16 PM

Jul 2022
I have to give A BIG THANK YOU to the Elves! The event was fun and the effort is evident.

Both my elves - Elf-Pyon (@Conde_Mohr) and Elf-Cchi (@Foxyclaws) - gave me personal recommendations, for which I am grateful!

A thank you to @Ratawal as well for being my secret santa this year :)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to the anime recs just now (Sorry, Conde_Mohr). Though, I have been reading "Tomo-Chan is a Girl!" and I am loving it! Thanks a bunch for the rec @FoxyClaws!

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.Pleasure doing business with you!._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
Jan 9, 2023 10:30 PM
Mar 2021
@positiv2 thanks ive only got to reading the kaguya same doujin and it was surprisingly wholesome still and top notch comedy 
Jan 9, 2023 10:32 PM

Feb 2015
Thanks for the recommendation Red! I've had this show in the back of my mind for what seems like forever but never got around to watching it. You gave me a reason to finally start it and I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far, with episodes 2 & 6 really standing out as favorites! It definitely gives me Mushishi vibes and I couldn't be happier about that!

Also, thanks to all the elves for all your hard work. This is my first year doing this and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait until next year!
MALoween 2022 Candies: Bonus:

MALoween 2023 Candies: Bonus :
Jan 9, 2023 10:32 PM
Mar 2021
@SethDayo thanks for the recs i watched all but the dance one and the movie was great and i dropped majority patriot before but glad you got me to pick it back up its great
Jan 9, 2023 10:37 PM

Apr 2018
Thanks to all the elves who organized this event!
@TheTravelingLord Thanks for the recommendation! So far I've watched few episodes of Wotakoi and it's a good watch. Will also check out other anime that you recommended later on too.
Jan 9, 2023 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
Thanks to all the elves for all the hard work. Was my first time doing the secret santa and it was a lot of fun! and
Thank you for the recommendation @CorvaX, I'm really enjoyed what i seen so far of Monster. I like the mystery and suspense of it.
MALoween 2022 Candies: Bonus :

MALoween 2023 Candies: Bonus :
Jan 9, 2023 10:58 PM

May 2020
Kineta said:
Elf-tama
 ♫ rogueandtasty—team leader, 4x elf
 ♫ BlakexEkalb
 ♫ coffeedrops—2x elf
 ♫ ferrepls—2x elf
 ♫ gaussian_
 ♫ pokemonvortex—4x elf
 ♫ Shuuka
A big thanks to you guys for being such good elves.
Jan 9, 2023 11:12 PM
Jun 2020
Thank you so much my secret santa @iDensity for recommending me "School-Live!" and all the elves for organizing this amazing event. I have only watched two episodes yet but it's fantastic so far, I will definitely finish it right after my final exams. <3
My Candies:
Jan 9, 2023 11:13 PM

Aug 2020
Thanks elves for making this event possible again this year. And thanks @kekekeKaj for the recommendation! You were absolutely right about it being similar to Lain and Paranoia Agent, which is great because I didn't think there would be another anime out there that was so alike. I haven't finished it yet, but I can safely say it was a perfect recommendation!

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jan 9, 2023 11:17 PM

Jun 2009
Congrats to the Elves for their hard work in giving gifts to everyone that was missing one! Especial thanks to @Elf-rin for guiding me in all the process. Also congrats to all the Santas who worked on their gifts! I already got in touch with my two Santas, thank you!.

Is my first time participating in this platform, my last experiences with exchanges were really negative, so this time was not bad for once?. I wish I could participate in the recommendation exchange but I don't have read/watched that much so is really hard ^^U I hope I can participate a next time if possible.
Jan 9, 2023 11:19 PM

Jan 2020
one of my favourite MAL events :) thank you @ShinBoshy for the awesome gift, i loved loved loved it! It was totally perfect in every way <3

happy holidays everyone !
Jan 9, 2023 11:21 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
hinagatari said:
And then I have to thank my Elf, and fellow Enstars player, @Dancho.
Ahh yes fellow enstars player!! Haha I saw Chiaki in your favs and it made me pretty happy to write the recommendation (my fav enstars character is Kanata~)
Wow I'm glad you liked Saika even though you may not have known the background. I suppose in the end it doesn't matter too much since it pretty much ends how all the mythology stories also end ^^ I know what you mean about the ending for Watashi no Tadashii Onii-chan;; But what I liked the most was everything leading up to it, which seems like was the same for you!
AAAA yes Barbarities was so good. Definitely my favorite out of the 3 I recommended you! The fake beard is great XD It's nice to have a Boys Love story that actually goes on for more than one volume so the mangaka can really flesh out a plot.
Thanks for letting me know what you thought of all of them!! :D

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 9, 2023 11:44 PM

Oct 2019
Stardew said:
@tl_dr @alinaokumura

@-koolkid

Thank you -koolkid for such a lovely forum set!!! I was so happy to see my gift so thank you very much!! I also already had several people share the joy of my forum set already complimenting the forum set already on my profile!!

Thank you all three of you and I hope you all have a amazing 2023!!

Thank you to all my elf friends and moderators who made my holidays another amazing year:D

youre welcomee glad you liked it ! and thaanks hope this year will be better then 2022 and full of joy !

thanks to my Secret Santa for this set <3
my instagram art acc

Jan 9, 2023 11:47 PM

Oct 2019
Eternathis said:
To my santa @-koolkid I have already started your recommendation but sadly didn't have enough time to watch more than a few episodes! But so far it really hits all the sweet spots, thank you so much. Also I'm glad you didn't just look at my 10/10 and favourites but also at other anime I really enjoyed.

Great event!

np and yeaah haha i really tried to find something you would like., so glad you like it ! don't hesitate to come and give me your opinion on it when you finish it, i'd like to know that!

thanks to my Secret Santa for this set <3
my instagram art acc

Jan 9, 2023 11:57 PM
Jan 2021
thank you elves for putting on an amazing event, and i will for sure be joining next year.

thank you to my santa @Felori for the recommendations. I havent watched everything yet but so far they are really good. i heard about Aggretsuko alot but i just havent gotten around to watching it until you sent this so i apreciate that, it was suprisingly good. thanks again everyone for great event
CANDY:

Jan 10, 2023 12:17 AM
Nov 2021
Thank you @himeguma2021 for the recommendations. You really went the next step to 100% complete my wish. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry I haven't got to watch your recommendations but I promise they're my first priority. Again thanks for your amazing recommendations
Jan 10, 2023 12:41 AM

May 2021
@valyrina Thank you for your recommendation! I have already started Psycho-Pass and I am really enjoying it, so you met my preferences perfectly! 

Also, I would like to thank all the elves for making this event so great :) Looking forward to next year!
Jan 10, 2023 3:15 AM
Aug 2021
welcs:)
RATAWAL
Jan 10, 2023 4:05 AM
Mar 2021
Thanks for the event guys and also for the great recommendations.

(Happy new year for everyone!!!)
Jan 10, 2023 4:16 AM
Mar 2020
thank you very much for this event, greetings to everyone
Jan 10, 2023 5:57 AM

Aug 2018
I'm watching Made In Abyss, one of the anime you recommended. I really like my gift. I hope you had a good New Year's Eve. @th0ms Thank you again <3

Candies: (2023)

Candies: (2022)
Jan 10, 2023 6:05 AM

May 2021
Otsukare-sama desu, elf-tachi.

Really love my recommendation and I hope everyone have a good year this year.
It's a bit late to say this but Happy New Year!!
Let's have a good year!!!

みんなさん、明けましておめでとうございます。
Jan 10, 2023 6:24 AM

Apr 2022
Happy 2023  To Everyone! 

Thanks for this fantastic event!
Thanks a lot to all the Elf for your work during the Holiday season!
Thanks to @AntsyPuppet [ my secret Santa] for the gift!
I appreciate all the people who were part of MAL SECRET SANTA

Mayu_SenpaiJan 10, 2023 7:04 AM
Jan 10, 2023 7:19 AM

Nov 2019
It's my first time participating and I really enjoyed it, thank you plisetskytrash for the wonderful gift. Also, a big thank you to the elves for all their hard work in making this happen.

Jan 10, 2023 7:44 AM

May 2018
Big thanks for the elves who organized this but most of all thanks for the recommendation @Pitbull01 !!! It'll be on top of my watch list for the next thing I watch :)
Jan 10, 2023 7:46 AM

Nov 2022
Thanks for hosting this event, and hope for the same success next year!!

Jan 10, 2023 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
Syesta said:
Happy New Year to everyone, and a massive thank you to all the elves at Santa’s workshop! It was my first time participating and I had a great time. I’m already looking forward to the next one!

Big thanks to my Santa, @CareBear, for gifting me such well-thought-out recommendations! I’ve enjoyed everything I've watched so far, especially Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, as it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. (And to my elves, thank you for your thoughtful heads-up on a certain detail^^). Hopefully @dreamerofpluto enjoyed some of my recommendations, too!

Hey! I'm glad you liked Tokyo Magnitude. It's actually thanks to one of the elves that I recommended that because I originally had something else, but I missed that you asked for no anime post 2019 haha. Good thing they caught my mistake. I hope you enjoy the other two, especially Wolfs Rain, Happy New Years!

I also wanted to thank my Santa @saruxxh for the gift, I really enjoyed it.

And finally a big thank you to Kineta and all the elves this year for organizing this event. Secret Santa is my favorite MAL event and I'm already looking forward to the next one.
Jan 10, 2023 7:52 AM
May 2020
Thank you to all the volunteers at MyAnimeList who made this possible! This was definitely one of the most interesting events of this year. Being able to receive a gift from someone who is possibly half-way across the world from you is what makes the internet so interesting.

@ShreyBae Thank you for the kind message and good recommendations! I liked that you took note of what I said about Soren Kierkegaard's "Sickness unto death" . Also the anime you recommended to me are very good!
Jan 10, 2023 8:21 AM
Feb 2019
thank you, it was a great event ^^
Jan 10, 2023 8:38 AM
May 2021
Thank you for your recommendations @Andreww200, i will definitely check both of them, when i'll have some time and the right mood, looks like something i could enjoy :) 
Jan 10, 2023 8:43 AM
Oct 2020
Thank you to Th3LuckyOne for the gift, but unfortunately it was already a series I had seen a bit of (specifically had seen the game) and had decided I wasn't interested in. Either way, I gave the first episode a try (and it's okay so far) and plan to maybe watch more in the future. 
Jan 10, 2023 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
Thanks to the elves and volunteers for your hard work! It was an awesome event!

And thank you @Sokratis for your thoughtful recs. I started with Aggretsuko, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. It's funny and very relatable, and the idea of a cute MC as Retsuko banging his head with death metal gets me every time.

I will definitely watch Daily Lives of High School Boys and Zettai Shounen soon too.

Happy New Year!
Jan 10, 2023 10:17 AM
Dec 2020
Thanks for hosting this event, it was really sweet and cool!

Thanks @MaryBumblebee for your 3 recs, I really liked the way how the gift was written o/
I have watched Kakushigoto and really loved it! It was so funny, and I loved the ending although it wasn't what I expected ahah! (thought that it'd have been more difficult)
I was a bit lost at the beginning, but I got used to the anime and understood how it is pathed really fast! I added the two other recs to my plan-to-watch list, and I think that Little Witch Academia will be my next watch after That Time I Got Reincarted as a Slime! As to Sakamichi no Aporon, I don't really know if I'll start it soon as there's other series which are interesting more than this one, but I'll definitely check it one day!

Thanks for the gift, I wish you an Happy New Year!
Jan 10, 2023 10:31 AM

Jun 2020
Thankyou for hosting this event, MAL, and thankyou to elves for working so hard to make this large event happen.. and wishing you all a happy new year! :)

@_meimei - :D ..thankyou, my secret Santa! Loved your gift, and thankyou for the thoughtful recommendations! :) ..I've started both the anime, but am rather very slow at watching them, so far, due to tight schedule.. I enjoyed both, so far though :) I've seen two episodes from re:Zero, and love how I am already acquainted with the world, and characters. It seems like it will be a thoroughly entertaining anime.. I am enjoying the animation/art in both the anime :) 
Thankyou for the sweet gift.. I hope you had a good time during the holidays, and wishing you a belated happy birthday and a happy new year!! :)
Jan 10, 2023 10:40 AM
Sep 2019
Event was super great. Big thanks and recpects for the elf team and all of the santas♡
Jan 10, 2023 10:52 AM
Jul 2017
Thanks @Evilhunger for giving severval recommendations, you are really putting a lot of effort in this event (◦'ωˉ◦)~♡ . Tower of God is a decent anime, i am waiting for the 2nd season.
Jan 10, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2017
Thank you for the event, it was great. I loved playing Secret Santa and hope to participate again, next year!

Thank you to my Secret Santa @mimimilk
I was recommended two shows, Gate and DRIFTERS. I finished Gate and I liked it, it was nice. DRIFTERS was really bad, I only watched 3 episodes and couldn't bring myself to continue. You also compared it to Hellsing which I didn't watch, and it is not on my list, not even on plan to watch so that was really weird. 

GeminiShiroJan 10, 2023 11:35 AM
My candies 2023:

My candies 2022:
Jan 10, 2023 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
_flaneuse said:
Thankyou for hosting this event, MAL, and thankyou to elves for working so hard to make this large event happen.. and wishing you all a happy new year! :)

@_meimei - :D ..thankyou, my secret Santa! Loved your gift, and thankyou for the thoughtful recommendations! :) ..I've started both the anime, but am rather very slow at watching them, so far, due to tight schedule.. I enjoyed both, so far though :) I've seen two episodes from re:Zero, and love how I am already acquainted with the world, and characters. It seems like it will be a thoroughly entertaining anime.. I am enjoying the animation/art in both the anime :) 
Thankyou for the sweet gift.. I hope you had a good time during the holidays, and wishing you a belated happy birthday and a happy new year!! :)
Thank you for the well wishes. Happy new year and I’m glad you are enjoying them so far ^_^
Jan 10, 2023 12:05 PM
Oct 2021
Thanks for this event!

Santa thank you for the titles, I will definitely start watching/reading in the near future.
Jan 10, 2023 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
@MATEUS_SSJ4 Obrigado por ser meu amigo secreto. Gostei muito do set, principalmente do bbcode. Há muito tempo queria ter uma assinatura assim, mas não sabia como, por isso agradeço muito.
A única coisa ruim é que tive que colocar meu avatar korosensei novamente porque várias pessoas no fórum não me reconhecem sem ele(⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)
Enfim, gostei muito do set e espero que vocês também tenham gostado dos presentes
Jan 10, 2023 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
Thanks for everything

Many thanks to the elves for bringing us this event every year and to all the santas for participating in it.

A list with the best gifts according to the elves or the most recommended would be great. but if it's a lot of work forget it, you do enough to organize this event.
Jan 10, 2023 1:21 PM

Jun 2010
Another year has passed. It's kind of crazy how I was an elf for 7 years in a row, but man, this event is actually fun to be part of. Thank you to all fellow elves, who made this happen. Each one of you is a hero.
Rinners! I adore every single one of you (Fire especially, but I am biased, yes)
It's always fun to hang out with you, dear elves, or just tap away at my keyboard, knowing you all do same and have alike experiences. WHAT ARE DEADLINES ANYWAY, RIGHT *copium*
Much love to all of you! Hope you have a good year ahead and see you again in December!

-asphyxia- said:
@Nate .. kjfdghfk, omffg.. thank so so so much for the forum set! it is really beautiful. I saw redish then I saw it was wei and died inside ;u;
I remember I was having a loong and stressful day and man, U made my day .. seeing that and the msg.. ah man.. tyvm for real. I am really happy with it..

Ayy! You're very welcome! I'm so happy you like your gift! As soon as I saw your post and your favorites, I knew what to make for you. Plus, I actually enjoyed making your gift, since I love this series and character too, so it really was a win-win. Hope you had a great time this holiday season!
Jan 10, 2023 1:25 PM
May 2020
TYSM GUYS!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING OMG!!!
Jan 10, 2023 1:56 PM

Jan 2020
Hi, @Kaseen_Kachow, I recently started watching Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, of course I had heard about that anime but never gave it a chance, which I regret now, I'm really liking it, it seems to have a lot of potential and after finishing it I'll finally understand the memes made about the series. I can't lose with this one.

As feedback for the event, it was entertaining, overall I'm glad to have received such a fitting recommendation and that my Secret Santa recipient enjoyed so much the recommendation I gave him/her :D
Jan 10, 2023 2:11 PM

Apr 2020
Secret Santa is by far the best event I’ve been in!

Thanks to my Santa, @luckyowl10, for suggesting 3 recommendations! Not only did you give simple and short explanations of why I would enjoy the anime, you even color-coded and linked them. I watched A Place Further Than The Universe and enjoyed it! It gave me the same feeling as when I skipped class to travel to LCS, and that feeling was my sense of adventure. The opening is memorable and catchy. I did not finish the others, but I'll give them a shot later. After receiving your gift, I immediately felt bad about the gift I gave. The gift I gave was quite wordy and wasn't as organized as yours.

Lastly, thanks to elves working overtime. Without them, this wouldn't have been possible!
Jan 10, 2023 2:19 PM
Oct 2020
Thank you for another year of this incredible event, MAL, brought to us by diligent and incredibly hard-working elves! 

@SuperComicGeek - Thank you so much for the recommendation! Machida-kun no Sekai seems really seems like something I'd love to read, so I immediately added it to my Plan to Read List. It was my first year doing the manga gift exchange for the MAL Secret Santa, so I didn't know what to expect. I guess I didn't need to be worried at all!

@re12re - Thank you so much for the recommendation, too! I've always wanted to watch The Land of the Lustrous, but it just always slipped past my mind. Though, now I have no excuse - I can't wait to start watching it! :)

Happy new year, everyone! Hears to another year of amazing anime, manga, and community! <3
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

19 by Nonoa »»
5 hours ago

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

15 by emprizzko »»
6 hours ago

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.