Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2023 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Came to this anime without too much expectations but I think it was a cute and charming start. Felt bad that Mitsuha lost her family but she still has a big appetite!

Also, I do kinda like Mitsuha's practical way of solving problems and taking risks. Seems their world is far from safe with dangerous creatures around. Not bad for a start and the money gimmicks looks like a fun idea to play around with.
Jan 7, 2023 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
Yet another reincarnation story, this time set to Medieval Europe, back and forth from Japan to make things unique.

Kaori Maeda's OP is decent.

18-year-old girl Mitsuha Yamano leads a normal life, from almost graduating from school to finding herself falling off from a cliff, seeing her untimely demise. The only thing that she can go on is through her older brother's otaku-like observations and finding herself being found by this young girl Colette to be brought back home to safety, Mitsuha's wandering around not knowing what to expect but following alongside her, only to encounter a pack of wolves in search of prey.

The twist: Mitsuha finding herself back in her home to prepare weapons to deal with the pack of wolves, she can traverse between both worlds. And meeting this lucky cat who's a god of the world explaining things to her, it sounds like an ability that despite being the usual OP-ness, it is nothing short of the typical fantasy. Colette's parents, thankful for the save, gives her some money as a reward, and develops an interest to sell things from Earth into the fantasy world, for retirement.

Certainly a weird notion for a typical Isekai reincarnation story, but give it sometime to set.
KANLen09Jan 13, 2023 11:13 PM
Jan 7, 2023 9:40 AM

Feb 2020
For me, this is the most anticipated Isekai of the season.

Definitely not disappointed. The concept here is quite unique, which makes this interesting.

Mitsuha and Colette are so cute together. ^_^

Looking forward to the next episode!

SerafosJan 8, 2023 12:35 AM
Jan 7, 2023 9:55 AM
Feb 2020
the OP pretty idea
mitsuha, colette kawaii
isekai language is funny
script composition is fine so far
sato_kanadeJan 7, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
Mitsuha's dimensional traveling ability is not only very useful but also cheat at the same time. lmao...
The OP which is Kaorin's debut solo single was good.
AkeZZZJan 8, 2023 5:10 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 7, 2023 10:38 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Here it is, the stonks isekai. I'm here mostly for the concept and without much expectations. Hopefully it's good though.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 7, 2023 12:08 PM
Dec 2016
It could be executed better but not that badly. I'll give it two more episodes to see if I will watch it to the end. Kinda boring though.
Jan 7, 2023 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Kotomi Vietnam flashback in the 1st minute.

else the adaptatio seems good
bruh
Jan 7, 2023 12:44 PM

Apr 2020
From the ED, seems like this will become Isekai Arms Dealer🤣
Jan 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Dec 2021
I only made it 7 minutes into this show. I really can't put my finger on why but it's just incredibly boring.
Jan 7, 2023 12:51 PM

Feb 2019
Definitely an original concept with A) investing and saving being the main topic and B) mitsuha ability to go between worlds. Mitsuha is cute but the pacing felt so slow in this first ep. Hoping things pick up next week now that she can understand Collette
Jan 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Oct 2020
Seems like an interesting one.
Jan 7, 2023 1:10 PM

Feb 2020
she's going to... deal weapons? Anime seems to show Mitsuha with a gun a bit too often.

Looks fun. just curious on how she's gonna exchange fantasy coins with JPY
Jan 7, 2023 1:24 PM

Jul 2020
Lol I've always wondered how come Kagome wouldn't get some stuff like guns in her modern world and take them to the feudal era. Finally someone's gonna put the idea into practice
Jan 7, 2023 1:26 PM

Apr 2022
Mitsuha will surely cause some turmoil with all the weird modern technology-stuff she will bring into what seems like a medieval world
Jan 7, 2023 1:39 PM

Apr 2021
Mama undress, mama take off clothes, mama nude!
mshfqtnyJan 7, 2023 1:51 PM
Jan 7, 2023 1:43 PM

Nov 2016
The concept is cool, I guess this will be fun to follow.

Inexplicable said:
Lol I've always wondered how come Kagome wouldn't get some stuff like guns in her modern world and take them to the feudal era. Finally someone's gonna put the idea into practice

I would stick to stuff like snacks and maybe some cosmetics tbh lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2021
Brocon little sister in another world

It is interesting unlike most isekai.
A good anime for relaxing.
I liked how she don't understand the language from the start for no reason.
The main protagonist is a likable character.

I'll watch next episodes and see how it goes.
Jan 7, 2023 3:01 PM

Jun 2015
Lets go! i like the premise our MC in first eps has knowledge she can jump and speaking to cat thing she can now understand other language in jumped to universe. On top of that I suspect she dont even know her own powers which Im sure we will find out. Right now lets bask in the gold coins :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 7, 2023 3:02 PM

Jan 2023
Another funny protagonist. She reminds me of Mile. Mitsuha and Collete are so cute together. I'll follow this one.
Jan 7, 2023 4:54 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
I'm all for isekai's with different concepts and a girl being able to travel between worlds is definitely new for me. Lets see how this pans out!

Jan 7, 2023 5:13 PM
Aug 2022
coming from web novel, there's nothing special about the first episode, and I hate the bgm... will probably drop this series....
Jan 7, 2023 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting isekai take but it's clear this is a pretty cheap production.  Might come back to this once it's finished airing
Jan 7, 2023 6:36 PM

Dec 2013
Isekai with female MC have yet to disappoint me so hopefully this is at the very least comfy, the pacing could be much better so I hope they work on that.
Jan 7, 2023 6:45 PM

Aug 2019
Off to a great start! I really didn't know what to expect from this one but I'm definitely going to come back next week!
Jan 7, 2023 7:09 PM

Feb 2019
She found a way to compensate for her lack of huge income due to her circumstance lol Now, where can I find me one of those Lucky Cat that might turn out to be a world-hopping entity...lol
Jan 7, 2023 7:36 PM

Oct 2013
i really enjoy the manga, and it adapted the story well enough, but the animation quality makes me sad...
Jan 7, 2023 8:37 PM
Jan 2017
Finally non generic isekai anime..
good i love this anime,, i will continue watching this,,
Jan 7, 2023 8:50 PM

Oct 2022
Such an absurd premise this is a great parody of isekai's. I look forward to seeing how Mitsuha's money making adventures continue!
Jan 7, 2023 9:36 PM

May 2019
Interesting concept within the isekai universe, to be able to travel back and fourth between a medieval-style world and the modern world. I do want to know why a guy pushed Mitsuha off the cliff with 2 others standing nearby (maybe a hit or just some random bad guys?)

Also, it sounds like her parents passed away as they mentioned an inheritance but it sounds like her brother is still around. She's still young but already planning for her retirement, pretty cool. Will continue to watch to see how this plays out and how she earns the 80k gold coins she needs for her retirement.
Jan 7, 2023 9:47 PM
Jan 2020
Sounds like she's gonna corrupt this world with alien weaponry.

"Mom strips, mom strip, mom nude" ... Whut was that supposed to mean?!?

Jan 7, 2023 11:28 PM

Feb 2016
This, alongside Noukin, makes FUNA my favorite isekai writer!

I think the main idea of jumping between worlds and just wanting to save money for her retirement is such a fresh air to isekai stories. Plus Mitsuha it's totally of best girl quality <3

Loved it!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 7, 2023 11:28 PM

May 2015
I love this back and forth between Mitsuha and her memories of her brother?  That's definitely a power so many countries let alone people would love to have. I cant wait to see how Mitsuha makes use of it.
Jan 7, 2023 11:56 PM

May 2016
A unique Isekai anime, with the ability to travel back to her original world, i really liked her brother, since he was died not so long i guess, it would be interesting to see her brother also got Isekaid to another world like his sister, and since his sister can travel to multiple worlds, she could find him somewhere in those multiple worlds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2023 11:59 PM

Nov 2014
Fascinated with the premise of this one. Lots of potential. I will be interested to stay and see how this show ends up being.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 8, 2023 1:00 AM
Dec 2015
Dull, uninspired, borderline ugly art. Felt nothing for the characters or the world.
Jan 8, 2023 1:19 AM

Sep 2016
Lelouch carried this garbage episode
dropped
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 8, 2023 3:33 AM
Feb 2018
I like this isekai where the mc can travel back and forth are rarer. I like that even though she lost her family she not out on the streets like in a lot of these animes.

do have a few questions was she being bullied or those guys just aggressively hitting on her when she fell? two is she going to use the money she had set aside for college as her starting capital for her retirement plan? as ir sounds like she did have enough with a scholarship for college
Jan 8, 2023 4:00 AM

May 2015
Cute series. I'm happy we're getting more isekai anime with female leads. We need more of them. 

I'm glad the focus is money in this cause it'll probably lead to this being one of the isekais where the MC builds an organisation like Slime or Log Horizon.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2023 4:25 AM

Dec 2008
I am in two minds about this but will try another episode and see where it takes me. Main character is cute though so it is one bonus point
May the Uguu be with you.

Jan 8, 2023 6:03 AM
Oct 2022
This is my Very First Isekai Manga/WN I've ever read so I may sound biased

>Mitsuha Von Yamano
>has a brother complex
>rich as.f
>doesnt hide her ability
>can travel within worlds
>always surprise locals of another world
>went to japan's army base without notice/appointment
>leaves with coolness aka vanish on spot
>can put holes on your body with machine gun
>10/10 automatically
>has yuri loli bait btw

although the animation/art kinda lack, it's better than nothing, will still enjoyably watch it till the end :)
Jan 8, 2023 8:41 AM
Aug 2017
Well... I'm a bit disappointed by this first episode... I usually like when it respects the manga/LN and take the time to set up the world and the story... but it was sooo long in this one
Jan 8, 2023 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
A very intriguing story with a lot of SoL atmosphere. I really like the girl's accent, it was refreshing to listen to her VA, her voice wasn't that great but it's fit for the fMC's character. What's more interesting is that her brother's wisdom feels like a narrator of some sort that makes this series more interesting and enjoyable to watch (even if her dear brother passed away from an accident, it feels like it isn't real with those voices in her head of her brother...)

P.S. I might finally have the courage to get the manga for this story as I saw this first episode as a very interesting story to watch.
Reading the LN? I would if there's an eng (official) translation for it... lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 8, 2023 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
I'd have preferred if they let the isekai language stay, would've been great to go along with her learning their language and trade alongside that. But I guess they're only making these way-too-easy-to-get-into anime series only nowadays.

MC is alright so far and ready to dirty her hands, will be a chill watch.

Jan 8, 2023 3:33 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto el primer capitulo

Jan 8, 2023 8:28 PM
Feb 2019
I can't believe this is adapted
what an era we live in !!!!!
Jan 8, 2023 8:29 PM
Jul 2017
KANLen09 said:
Yet another reincarnation story, this time set to Medieval Europe, back and forth from Japan to make things unique.

Kaori Maeda's OP is decent.

18-year-old girl Mitsuha Yamano leads a normal life, from almost graduating from school to finding herself falling off from a cliff, seeing her untimely demise. Meeting people that don't know her language like this girl Colette, Mitsuha finds herself in another world and accustoming to the standards, just like how her older brother has taught her.

But of all things, getting chased by a pack of wolves isn't how she would want to die, and she gets teleported back to her real world to ready weapons thanks to her older brother to fend off the monsters. But the weird thing being the money god telling her that she can cross worlds with a vague explanation, it certainly sets alarm bells ringing.

With the money offset, and getting the idea that she can bring real money over to the other world, her life as an economist in another world is set in motion.

Certainly a weird notion for a typical Isekai reincarnation story, but give it sometime to set.

This isn't reincarnation tho bud.
Jan 8, 2023 10:44 PM
Nov 2020
An unfamiliar ceiling
Jan 9, 2023 1:59 AM

May 2017
recommended at 1.5x speed with indonesian subs, this show slaps
Jan 9, 2023 2:00 AM
Jul 2015
Penlifter22 said:
recommended at 1.5x speed with indonesian subs, this show slaps
Gotta to agree with you buddy. She still killed the villagers dog though kinda wack if you ask me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

80 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

55 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 13, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.