Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2022 10:55 AM
May 2017
The anime series with a pulp fiction story ended as great as quirky!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 22, 2022 11:19 AM
Jul 2020
would have had a better ending if she had been killed after taking 4 shots head-on, but well..whatever
Dec 22, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
Everything I wished for. Maid rising!  Squeepig 7.8
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 22, 2022 11:25 AM

Jan 2018
What a finale!! This was one of the "don't judge a book by its cover" show. From the get-go the show was over the top full of insanity and craziness and yet, delivers and hits the strings when it comes to the emotional moments. Each episode had this surprising and wtf moment that made you excited for the next episode. The characters are just as insane as the show and at the same time can be prideful and caring. Ranko's death really came as surprise. RIP. You'll be missed. And Nagomi was able to perform and showcase the things she inherited from Ranko. Sadly it still wasn't enough to convince Nagi but was enough to convince rest of the maids. Then we fast-forward to 2018 and Nagomi is still working for the café as a 36 y/o maid. Nice end to her character arc as well. Wonder what the others are up to tho.

Still, all in all an insane yet, a very fitting finale for the show. Greatly enjoyed the anime. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.
Dec 22, 2022 11:29 AM
Feb 2015
I honestly felt like some more closure was needed like, what happened after Nagi Uzuko got shot? What were other people's reaction to their boss getting killed?
What happened to the others aside from Nagomi? There is a new maid there in the post credits but I'm curious to know where the other members of Tontokoton went.
There are other animes where like they'd dedicate an episode on the sorta where everything has lead up to and how the characters are/what they do now and feel perhaps this anime needed that too, rather than us finding out that Nagomi actually survived.

But I did like that they showed Nagomi getting shot a few more times offscreen because that woulda been tragic to look at ahahah
Dec 22, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2015
The cheery scene at the café with all the guns pointed at Nagomi and co was bizarre, but they prevailed, and Panda move with a bamboo spear was so damn good. After the ED though, seeing Nagomi, a 36-year-old maid, in a wheelchair made me really sad for some reason. I'm glad she ended up alive, but just this one scene encompasses so much pain they all had to go through in order to build a new peaceful era in Akiba. Brilliant, I'd say. But overall, the show wasn't my favourite. The things wrapped up nicely in the end, but there was still too much random senseless fights throughout the show that existed mostly for shock factor. I'm not sure, it was all that worth watching. 
Dec 22, 2022 11:52 AM

Feb 2014
We've finally reached the end of Akiba Maid Wars and it ended in a bloody and violent fashion the same way it started.

Seeing Nagomi in her mourning outfit and being full on aggressive was badass, but she did reach her emotional limit as she was still coming to terms with Ranko's death. It was nice to see her fellow maids rally around and come up with a ballsy plan to deal with Nagi, who already started killing off anyone that disobeys her command, including the old ramen guy, and her henchwomen.

In the end, Nagomi's performance was enough to make Nagi lose her mind completely as she shot at Nagomi multiple times. However, the same pink-haired maid who killed Ranko in the last episode redeemed herself by shooting Nagi in the head before Okachimachi finished her off by throwing a bamboo spear into her like a proper badass.

After hearing the Nagomi version of the ED song, we get a 19-year timeskip to modern day Akiba (nice Uma Musume poster cameo, BTW) and not only is Nagomi still alive, but she's still happily working as a maid at the same age as Ranko was before she died. I do like the designs she has on her wheelchair with her fellow maids in the past. =)

Overall, this show, as well as Ya Boy Kongming, sums up P.A. Works this year. Weird, wacky, but also wonderfully entertaining at the same time! XD

I think I'll settle with an 8/10 for now. I look forward to what P.A. Works have in store in 2023!
Dec 22, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2021
P.A. Works proving again that they are a great studio. I love anime originals, and this show was definitely one of the highlights this year for me. The ending did feel a little rushed even with them cutting out the OP, but it was really fitting for the show. It was never going to end in a bloodbath, because that is the point of Nagomi's character, to change Akiba without violence. I'm very happy she survived though, 36 year old Nagomi is cute!
Dec 22, 2022 11:56 AM
Sep 2018
What a out of this world show! I really want a sequel! Nagomi is still so cute as a 36 year old , I’m so glad she’s alive ❤️
Dec 22, 2022 12:09 PM

Mar 2009
i didn't expect to enjoy this show as much as i did but honestly it was the hidden gem of this season. pure fun
Dec 22, 2022 12:12 PM

Feb 2016
10/10. I think the ending is awesome and outstanding. The show itself is astonishing. Havent been impressed this much since 2007.
Dec 22, 2022 12:15 PM
Feb 2019
Luthfi_ said:
plot armor option:
1. ranko. NO
2. nagomi, YES

"what a joke", 6/10..

Or sometimes people survive those things and sometimes they don’t? There are people who die from one shot and people who survive from 10. There is logic to this
Dec 22, 2022 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
I will be waiting for you forever at the end of time
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 22, 2022 12:17 PM
Feb 2019
Luthfi_ said:
SusFishEnjyoer said:
I know that some people will be disappointed with the ending, because they wanted Nagomi to go on a killing spree.
I knew that wasn't going to happen but I am not disappointed.
I actually had feeling the show would end like this.
Nagomi going on a killing spree wouldn't make much sense considering Ranko's character development and Nerula's arc.

I also thought the entire time since last episode, that the pink haired maid will be the one to kill Nagi.
I was right.

I also thought, that if it wont be her, it will be Okachimachi (panda girl) to kill her.
Funny because both kinda did it.
if they make an ending that nagomi get their hearts except that b1tch uzuko and nagomi dies, then 2 maids shot uzuko after that, it still nice ending!. BUT THEY PUT PLOT ARMOR ON NAGOMI > RANKO, ULTIMATE MEH AND WHY for me!

if they wont to put plot armor for ranko then don't put plot armor to nagomi too!

This is not plot armor 😂 it’s possible to survive bullets just like it’s possible to die from being stabbed.
Dec 22, 2022 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
Good ending, a bit too rushed tho !

7/10
Dec 22, 2022 12:23 PM

Dec 2016
Quite a rough finale in terms of emotions. (Yes this is a good thing)

Glad to see that the writers didn't use the typical anime trope of emotionless characters mourning in silence for Ranko's death and they really made them more human by openly griefing Ranko on her funeral. Black Nagomi was kind of the stuff I'm talking about the cool emotionless character, but it was also a wise choice to make her come back to herself and grief about Ranko and how unfair and absurd all this bloodshed has always been.

The whole dancing act in the Pigsty cafe was quite unexpected as in I was hoping that the drinks would had been poisoned, or that the tables were rigged with explosives or probably even cut a deal with the cops for a big busting raid (the short cut with nagomi stopping in front of an officer was a good mislead). Appealing to the common sense of the other maids was probably their best choice and they sure gambled for it (you could see the tears in Yumechi and Shiipo's faces just waiting for the worst outcome).

After Okachimachi delivered the final blow on Uzuko, it does feel that the finale goes 200mph and leaves little to no room for an epilogue. A bittersweet one with a quick cut to a black screen, but even bigger productions like The Sopranos also did this, so I'm conflicted wheter I think it should had been a bit more elaborate or was it all in a fitting style for absurd and violent comedy.

Overall it was a really great dark comedy with an amazing premise and start that did slow down  a bit on the last quarter of it's run. Nevertheless still quite impressive for an anime original and specially on a very stacked season like this. This along with Bocchi, Witch from Mercury and Yama no Suzume were my top dogs for the title of Anime of the Season, most likely Bocchi will be my pick for this season, but Akiba Maido can proudly sit at number 2 in my books and that's already a great acomplishment.
KimurahDec 22, 2022 12:38 PM
Dec 22, 2022 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
Very strange ending but Easter egg is great especially one fact.
The first season of Uma Musume anime was aired in 2018.
Dec 22, 2022 12:39 PM

Jul 2021
The darkest maid anime ever!

Rate: 9/10
Dec 22, 2022 12:46 PM
Jan 2015
Thx for this. Truly unique show I can't really even compare with anything.
Dec 22, 2022 12:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's the most violent and moe song ever, the ending is pretty good, I don't even know if I'm happy that we saw that Nagomi did survive and continued being a maid (in wheelchair) or if it would have been better to just end it without seeing anything about the future or what really happened
Dec 22, 2022 1:11 PM
Oct 2020
It had an amazing final with the best develop.. Watch it right nowwww.
Dec 22, 2022 1:13 PM

May 2019
12 episodes of pure chaos, a fitting end for one of the craziest anime originals I've seen.
Dec 22, 2022 1:18 PM

Jan 2021
My god this show was awesome. Incredible finale
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 22, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
I was about the be really disappointed with how it ended until the post credit, I could accept ranko but not nagomi. Still I didn't like how she ended and it would've been better if they killed nagi before she pulled the trigger.

Anyway it was fun. 7/10.
Dec 22, 2022 1:23 PM
May 2011
I think Nagomi won the heart of the others maids after she continued to dance after getting freaking shot, what a beast. Really good series, a little sad that we didn´t get to see the other maids after the time-skip, it would have been perfect.
Dec 22, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2021
What a ride!! The ending made me laugh before the credit started 😭 fck man RiP that bozo!!
Dec 22, 2022 1:34 PM

Apr 2022
At the end... I'm still clueless of what's this anime is all about... and the end the older nagomi doesn't make any justice...  the end was not interesting nor satisfactory. I guess is a wasted potential or what I thought it will be.
Dec 22, 2022 1:41 PM
Nov 2017
ohh man i cried ... and laughed
Dec 22, 2022 1:53 PM
Oct 2013
I was waiting for a real blood bath, kinda disappointed with this ending but it's still okay
7/10 good
Dec 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
I thought they were setting up for a huge killing and revenge for Ranko but at the end only the leader was killed and it's done by one of them, kind of surprising, good to see Nagomi is alive at the end, overall pretty good series.
Dec 22, 2022 2:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i said it once and ill say it again...

the ONLY REASON this isn't my favorite anime of the year is because they kill eachother

if all they did was street fight, oh god...

YES
Dec 22, 2022 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know if the ending stuck the landing, but man. What a show. Loved it from start to finish.
Dec 22, 2022 2:40 PM
Apr 2020
What made this show so good, was how ridiculous it was. Like who thinks of a plot where maids kill eachother? 🤣

At first when i looked at the title, i thought “this is gonna be just an anime about a maid competition or something” . I thought “let me just browse through the first ep”. What’s the first time stamp i click on? Maids getting shot, so i decided to watch the ep from the beginning cuz i was wondering about what the hell i just witnessed. Got hooked ever since.. and now here we are, at the end of the series. This show was so strange & ridiculous, even funny af when the anime didn’t try to make it funny.

I had a great time watching this, it was something different. I legit don’t think an anime like this even exists.

Just cus of how strangely fun this was i have to rate this a 10/10.
Dec 22, 2022 2:42 PM
Feb 2022
Ranko, Nagomi, you will be in my heart forever. 10/10
Dec 22, 2022 2:45 PM
Jan 2021
This show is a masterpiece.
I would love to see more something like this
Dec 22, 2022 2:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

let this show revive all female fighting anime

Dec 22, 2022 3:04 PM
Oct 2020
I loved every episode of this show and was looking forward to each episode. This was everything I expected and some more. I was fully expecting Nagomi to die anytime in the episode but glad she lived even though she's in a wheelchair. I am glad she continues to be a maid. 
Dec 22, 2022 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
Feel free to join the Bocchi the Rock! club!
Dec 22, 2022 3:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Bro this anime got some BALLS. They basically went RANDOM BULLSH*T GO for their final episode. Or actually, maybe it isn't so random. 

First off, I love how they don't just omit the OP ENTIRELY, but instead play a little of the beginning, then freaking END IT with a gunshot

Anyway, I believe it makes sense for the maid from Wuv Wuv Beam to be the one to end Nagi (although the kill technically goes to panda who f*cking bamboo javelin spears her in the torso, W), because ultimately she probably just wants peace. She lost that when Ranko came and not only disrupted that peace, but also basically killed her entire cafe. Then she attempts to avenge her fallen comrades and make peace once again by ending Ranko, makes sense. 

So when Nagomi makes a valiant attempt to win over the hearts of all the creature cafes, and to make Akiba into a place of maid cafes minus all the Quentin Tarantino, the first person in the crowd who probably finds favour in this is in fact the maid from Wuv Wuv Beam, who most likely also desired to have Akiba be thriving with maids without all the death and destruction. It's when Nagi not only kills the Lion cafe head in front of all, but also empties her revolver into Nagomi, Wuv Wuv Beam maid sees the source of all such discord in Akiba, and right then and there, ends the cycle of violence, and ends the Akiba Maid War.

My issue is one that was actually briefly discussed by the maid cafe head characters here in this episode, and that's that Nagi's motivations are so wishy-washy. I really want to know what made her go from wanting to end Oinky Doink Cafe, to protecting them, and then to ending them again. Sure she was moved by Ranko's humility in that other episode when she was asking them to spare the cafe (which I was surprised by, I thought Nagi was more cold-hearted than that, but anyhow, she showed them mercy at that moment), but then after Ranko's death she immediately goes all out full force in wanting to end the cafe again. Is it because she didn't want them rising up against her to avenge Ranko's death? Perhaps she saw it as a ploy, but I'm sure she could've seen that their intentions to make peace were genuine. Maybe she was seeing too much of Ranko in Nagomi and just wanted to completely forget about her. Maybe she's like the Joker, who's drive for evil cannot be explained, who simply seeks out violence no matter the case. Some maids, perhaps, just want to watch the world burn. 

The reason Nagi had Michiyo (did I spell that right) killed was because in fact she was becoming soft, and saw her useless if she wasn't her battle-hardened self. So yeah, maybe violence just runs in Nagi's blood. But wtf, she's also capable of mercy, because again, she did spare Ranko and the rest of the cafe that time. So... I don't know what's going on inside her head, but I'm really feeling inclined to just call it lazy writing just to make sh*t happen. 

And there's one other complaint I have, although it's more of a nitpick really, and that is that Nagomi should've died. I get that they still overall wanted to end on a happy note, and thought people would be very unhappy if all they got was depression after Ranko's death. But from a story-telling perspective, Nagomi actually dying would've been more impactful. Because we see as we fast-forwarded to 2018, that violence was no more, and all Akiba was living in peace and harmony. It would've been as if though Nagomi gave her life to end the Akiba Maid War. True, she didn't get off scot-free as now she's in a wheel chair. Maybe Nagi in all her rage, missed all of Nagomi's vital organs as she wildly fired her shots. But still, I think her death would've solidified this crazy show a bit better. 

And lastly, man, ramen dude didn't need to die. F in the chat for the guy just doing his job

I enjoyed this sh*t. I'll give it a 7/10, but if I were to write a review, I'd put it with "Mixed Feelings".

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 22, 2022 3:39 PM
May 2022
I dont get why some of you want nagomi to die so badly, i was quite sad when ranko died, even more taking into account how mundane her death was.
I like the fact that nagomi survived, this doesn't need to be a full on drama like edgerunnres for example was (and it wouldnt make sense taking into account the comedic tone of this anime).

That being said, i agree it was a bit rushed, but i prefer that to an open ending taking into account this was an anime original
ZurchinDec 22, 2022 3:51 PM
Dec 22, 2022 3:44 PM
作画

Nov 2019
a perfect finale for this series, too bad it was somewhat rushed, still pretty good

6/10 overall
Dec 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Mar 2010
Maid lagoon, is the master of randomness and a kill or be killed kinda vibe. its as they say you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 22, 2022 4:05 PM
Nov 2017
Yeah she finally made that dream come true, no violence on Maid, but sadly she ended up to use wheelchair. I'm just speechless about this.
Thank you for not changing personality to killing spree maid and thank you for not giving up on her hope.
But seriously, put a picture of baseball suit Ranko on funeral is really killed the sadness vibe. Can't they just use normal picture instead?
Anyway, what a great journey
7.5/10
NavoX47Dec 22, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 22, 2022 4:08 PM
Feb 2021
came for laughs and all, but still shed a tear or two at the final scene - Nagomi really made it
Dec 22, 2022 4:16 PM

May 2010
A hard to watch perfect finale.

Elitist part me wish they didn't show the post credit ending, SoL part of me grateful that they showed the post credit ending.

9/10.
Dec 22, 2022 4:20 PM
Apr 2020
I think the ending was... Decent. It feel like they rushed the ending. If they have 2-3 more eps it could be done better. The plot armor for Nagomi was insane lmao. Should've let her die but oh well. 7.5 for me
Dec 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Mar 2020
This show was a huge oddity overall, but props to P.A. Works for being very experimental and trying some very different things. The finale was alright, though a bit weird as well. Also, why did Nagi kill the ramen guy? He deserved better.
Dec 22, 2022 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
Right now I don't even what to say other than I really, really loved the finale and the whole series (and also that timeskip Nagomi is a babe).
Dec 22, 2022 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
From zero expectations to one of the best of the season this show was an absolute treat.  Been a long time since PA Works put out an original series this good
Dec 22, 2022 4:48 PM

Jan 2019
A decent ending, just felt a little rushed. I think an ambiguous ending probably would've landed better than that post credits scene.

The show was an 8/10 overall with a few 10/10 episodes sprinkled in there.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.