Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 24, 2022 2:29 AM

Sep 2020
aimanfarhan said:
The show is great and all but i still wonder why ranko's killer killed uzuko
Because at that point she didn't have anything to lose anymore and was in the perfect position to kill her second most hated person.
Dec 24, 2022 3:35 AM

Jul 2015
KANLen09 said:
Well, the OP's subversion lols, that got me.

The final draw of an all-out war, Ranko's death was certainly a cop out that left Nagomi with no choice but to scout her killer: Uzuko, the former maid of Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam, having a beef with Ranko having gained Michiyo's trust, only to kill them both and ultimately leaving her alone. The maid that was once against violence, is now FOR violence for revenge against Creatureland for Ranko's death, plus Nerula's death which she didn't deserve to die.

Nagomi thinking that she could spring a war, and that's exactly what Nagi (now known as Uzuko) was thinking for a final showdown. Though how the war turned out...I for sure wasn't thinking that they would service it in the form of the actual maid service as they would for regular customers, and an idol-like performance...that just defied all reason and logic with Nagomi getting shot and still being able to move around like it's nothing. But where Nagomi wasn't expected to survive, getting shot by the pink-haired maid and Okachimachi throwing a bamboo spear for a double whammy, what a crazy ending.

Also, Nagomi taking Ranko's place for the final ED, it is fitting.

The staff at P.A. Works must be trippin' us with Ya Boy Kongming!, and now this show. Truly the definition of crazily weird and wild.

Bro, you got it wrong. Uzuko/Nagi never ordered Ranko's assassination and her killer's name was never actually revealed.
Overall, Nagi's actions throughout the episode were questionable, to which even other maids commented on.

Overall, I liked the ending. I'm not the fan of Cute Girls Being Murdered and it being used here for comedy purposes was really off-putting, so Nogomi managing to Talk no Jutsu other maids was quite satisfyingly.
The only problem I had was that we instantly jumped 19 years into the future instead of seeing the process of Akiba dropped it's former, ruthless nature.
PiromyslDec 24, 2022 3:41 AM

Dec 24, 2022 4:32 AM

Dec 2008
I don't mind that happy Nagomi ended in a wheelchair, but not like that, she did her best on the stage just to get shot.
It wasn't necessary at this point anymore. Quite emotional how her fellow maids continued with the act with tears in their eyes.  

I would have preferred the dark maid version over the onesided peaceful solution. Nagi is an asshole anyway. 

The idea of mixing maid cafés with gangster culture is actually brilliant.

Ranko was something else with her deadpan lines and her attempted cute acting.
Nagomi was kind of annoying with her voice and all, but I was still rooting for her.  

Overall the show shines in it's not so serious moments, I loved Ranko's quick dealing with problems
and generally the events that escalated with a bang were hilarious XD
The drama felt a bit misplaced next to the crazy comedy more than one time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Jul 2016
Before I went into the final episode I thought to myself "I would be very angry if, at any point in this last episode, anything starts to make sense or if they tie things up nicely in the conclusion". I am so glad it was pure chaos and confusion. This anime never needed a coherent ending since it relied entirely on pure, unadulterated style. If anyone is complaining about the drama then just think about how silly it is to go to a funeral wake in black maid costumes. This anime never took itself seriously and I love it for that. A very solid 8/10 and the first time since ever PA Works have made 3 bangers in a row.
Dec 24, 2022 10:00 AM
Feb 2022
The best anime of the season.

Mod Edit: Removed the rest as it was Non-English.
Koito91Dec 24, 2022 10:30 AM
Dec 24, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2018
This episode sure ended on a BANG, what a ride this was... How dare they kill Noodle guy?!
I wasn't expecting this kind of episode at all, sure Nagomi would go rogue but this in total? nuh-uh.
Panda throwing that bamboo spear, Nagomi dancing and smiling while being shot, then more bullets in her and then singing the Ending (so beautiful!) and now we have her as a 36 year old maid! She's looking so cute! Thank you Nagomi for bringing peace to Akiba!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 24, 2022 1:27 PM

Nov 2015
Incredible. I'll never forget you Ranko. Moe Moe Kyun for life.
Dec 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Jun 2021
This show was nothing like I expected and it turned out to be crazy but good. 

Dec 24, 2022 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
It was weird, but I like it.
I saw nothing coming.
It worth seeing it.
My candies:
Dec 24, 2022 3:52 PM

Oct 2018
The final episode needs a final episode in and of itself !!

Dec 24, 2022 6:56 PM

Jan 2022
Damn, I got told this episode was epic, but I did not expect that. It's very dark and unexpected, but it fits very well with the whole series, the speech made the made realise that they only want to share the Moe Moe Kyun and kill the crazy boss that only want blood. The post credit part was very cool. Overall it was very unique and I love it.
I like everything, ok
Dec 24, 2022 7:02 PM
Jul 2020
Perfect ending for the series. The humour was great, the maids using guns as glow sticks was a great image, and the non-violent confrontation was a great way to tie things up thematically.
Dec 25, 2022 12:53 AM
Jan 2017
my mind is blowing,,
i never expected the ending would be like that,,
Nagomi has the same age as Ranko 36 years old,,
so what happen to other tontokoton maid.
is they stay alive after that firing????
damn good anime i like how suprising it is..
8/10
Dec 25, 2022 2:52 AM
Apr 2016
Nagomi re-discovering what item ranko kept in her bag almost make me cry. fast paced episode, development then go to another development but it reach the place i never though it could be.

Uzuko AKA Nagi died by a betrayed former creature maid, and spacian maid. And that bamboo shot definitely reach her heart as nagomi sacrifice hit the fellow maid hearts.

Best ending for a yakuza-like story, full with absurdity, and ton of parody. 9/10, P.A. Work killing it good. Moe-moe kyun
Dec 25, 2022 5:19 AM

Sep 2011
This episode is rushed. Panda is the MVP with that bamboo javelin throw at Uzuko and it made me laugh.

Dec 25, 2022 6:17 AM

Feb 2021
Here it is, the last episode. What a wild ride this anime has been. It stays true being over the top until the end. Even when the girls are mourning Ranko's death it feels somewhat comical and lack pure sadness. But staying true is important for a good anime. 

So Uzuko doesn't change until her death. Although I wish Nagomi was the one that killed her, Uzuko getting shamefully killed by a literal nobody and had her chest pierced by Okachimachi-san's spear was well deserved. The head actually got killed in an embarrassing manner. 

That ending is abrupt. Kinda made me go 'what happened' and while I do wonder what happens to the rest of the gang, it's safe to say they are either retired or still work there. 

Overall, a solid 8/10 for how ridiculous this show is. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 25, 2022 7:11 AM

May 2016
Loved the sheer what-the-fuckery of this series. I couldn't imagine how it would end (although Uzuko obviously had to die) and was hoping they wouldn't botch the ending... but it turned out quite satisfying. I thought Nagomi's abortive revenge-rampage was very well done, and I liked that she ultimately stayed true to her own reasons for becoming a maid. And I'm telling myself ramen dude survived... although maybe his death symbolized how the maid community couldn't move forward until everyone connected with the bad old days was gone. But I'm still pissed at Manager for being such a useless fuckup at every turn. I wanted to throat-punch her every single episode. Anyway this was a super entertaining and engaging series and I'm recommending it to everyone that will listen to me.
8/10
Dec 25, 2022 7:19 AM

May 2016
She and the maid who killed Ranko brought a new era, I was so frustrated in the last chapter but this ending I love it.
Dec 25, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
Fuck, this anime went down the hill so quickly after they decided to kill off Ranko like that.

*sigh* It´s not like this anime wan´t  "WTF" from the start, but I mean... episodes 11 and 12 they really decided to randomize, rush and screwed up this anime hard, in my opinion they were the worst episodes.

TechOtakuDec 25, 2022 8:28 AM
Dec 25, 2022 12:15 PM

Sep 2010
Yakuza Maids to Moe Moe Maids

6.5/10
Dec 25, 2022 2:20 PM
Jul 2020
I'm not crying, you ar.... damn.. who i'm trying to lie....... we all crying ....... Q_Q 
Dec 25, 2022 4:56 PM

Aug 2018
High on crack and I loved it. My only regret is that the ending was too abrupt (Nagi died just like that) and we don’t know much about the other protagonists.

We could probably expect that they’re retired or still active as Nagomi was in the epilogue. I think one more minute or just 30 seconds to show the others would have put me at ease.

A great dark comedy with more deaths than anyone could have expected, from random characters to protagonists and antagonists. Definitely a hidden pearl from Fall 2022, that would probably displease many however.
Dec 25, 2022 6:59 PM

Apr 2021
This episode shows how great Japanese voice actors are, their voices can adapt to their roles from young children, teenagers, to adults.
Dec 26, 2022 3:27 AM
May 2022
Vi- said:
Fuck, this anime went down the hill so quickly after they decided to kill off Ranko like that.

*sigh* It´s not like this anime wan´t  "WTF" from the start, but I mean... episodes 11 and 12 they really decided to randomize, rush and screwed up this anime hard, in my opinion they were the worst episodes.

Exactly my thoughts there. The last couple of episodes could have been a double length two-parter and Ranko should be spared for more time before her impending death with Nagi/Uzuko.

Literary Akiba Maid War ended badly, but Lycoris Recoil remains as the worst for that saccharine diabetes-inducing ending.
Dec 26, 2022 6:39 AM
Jan 2018
dying too much make the life value useless in this anime. But the story develop is good.
Dec 26, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 2022
my precious Nagomi and Ranko-san died :(
Dec 26, 2022 9:15 AM
Dec 2017
AkeZZZ said:
Nagomi, you're a legend. This is what a maid should truly be, not a mafia gangster in disguise. Gladfully, Nagi the mad is dead. Now, it's time for a new era, the era of the true maid. 

hehe... this is quite familiar, isn't it? Cygames?

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

It is Uma Musume, an other anime with PA studios.
Not a bad ending. Of course, there are a lot of plot twist but I really enjoy to watch this Akiba Maid War. A lot of blood, moe, guns and maid. There is not deep story and background.
A good funny-bloody surprise for me. 7/10
Dec 26, 2022 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Writer trying to brainstorm on what happens after Nagi decided to retain their pig cafe in the group.

Then he says “why not go crazy and kill off Ranko for no reason. When the viewer expect a full-on revenge mode with a cheap bait like a title drop, we do some weird thing and go with convince Nagi route instead. Oh, we will also do a time skip just to show a peaceful akiba and not-dead-Nagomi but we won’t show how though. I’m sure the viewer will be pleased with this direction”

Right after he said that, everyone in the room gives him a standing ovation.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Dec 26, 2022 2:43 PM
Sep 2022
Un capitulazo pa cerrar un pedazo de anime, de verdad que putísima obra maestra del audiovisual, top 10 clarísimo.

voy a llorar por su final, ojalá hubiera más.

DEP akiba
Dec 26, 2022 6:25 PM
Feb 2022
Sad and Epic. Heartbreaking but Wholesome at some point. The facts join together in this episode, which make it hard to accept at the same time: The panda's Truth, Ranko past and Death, Nagomi success at changing the violence in Akiba. Everything very well developed and impactful. It would have been good to know what happened with the other girls on the last years, but still is a masterpice of anime.
Dec 26, 2022 7:46 PM
Apr 2014

messerbangi said:
That turbobitch Uzuko deserved everyone shooting her corpse Inglorious Basterds style

I meant in one ocassion, you silly. Nagomi was shot in one ocassion and kept dancing, and then shot on another ocassion several times and yet survived.
Dec 26, 2022 10:53 PM
Jul 2019
And thus the tale of the akiba maid war has come to a close with the death of Nagi and with it a new era of maid cafes begins with our girl Nagomi here to stay after everything she went through she still came out on top as the best maid in akiba.
Dec 27, 2022 9:31 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
This anime is really bizarre from the start till the end, don't predict it will be ended like that it just suddenly slap me right to the face
Dec 27, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
This anime really blew my mind, I really thought Nagomi was going to go on a rampage and continue the cycle, but the bittersweet ending really surprised me. This anime has definitely is part of my top 5 this season, it is certainly different than anything out there.

🌸 Ancient Jaguar Fiend, Saiko Beast! 🌸
🌸 EN/ESP Variety Vtuber 🌸

💗 twitch.tv/saiko_beast 💗

Dec 27, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:

Ever since last week I’ve been a wreck about my baby ranko being gone 

I was bawling when this happened. It hit me way harder than I thought it would.

🌸 Ancient Jaguar Fiend, Saiko Beast! 🌸
🌸 EN/ESP Variety Vtuber 🌸

💗 twitch.tv/saiko_beast 💗

Dec 27, 2022 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
This is sn era-defining anime. You only see this every this once or twice a lifetime with the likes of Code Gease or Cowboy Behop. The amount of pottery and kino is off the rails.
Dec 27, 2022 5:05 PM
May 2019
really baller fr fr
justblind

sexless man alive
Dec 28, 2022 7:40 AM
Nov 2020
The last episode was full of twists and turns but not in a good way.

First off, Nagomi just becomes super edgy for no reason. The last thing she wanted was to be a violent maid stuck in revenge but the way she just had a 180 was just weird. I expected her to more of break down and cry instead of being edgy and threaten that one maid.

Second, bruh why kill the noodle guy? I get Uzuko's back story where she doesn't want to be alone and she craves power but killing the innocent noodle guy was just the last straw for me.

The ridiculous part is how everyone who's trying to kill the Oinky Doink maids just go have a seat and play along. You'd think it would have been a gunfight to the death. I doubt Uzuko's aim was bad so no idea why the hell did all her shots just hit Nagomi's legs. Don't get me started on how she gets hit once and still keeps dancing like everything is fine. The one who killed Ranko just suddenly shoots Uzuko in the head and gets impaled by Okachimachi then suddenly everything is fine?

Speaking of Okachimachi, she has been done dirty because she's only relevant on the first episode and on the episode where she reveals herself to Ranko. Not even some form of introduction to the rest of the team. 

I still give this anime an 8/10 because it's been a wild ride with lots of twists, but I was hoping the ending was more proper.
Dec 28, 2022 7:45 AM
Oct 2012
That abrupt ending cannot be pulled off by anyone that easily. It was movie-like level. Okamachi was the highlight of that ending.

About the post-credits ending, I sort of knew P.A. Works had to bring a closure to sort of explain why current day in-universe-Akiba would be soo different from 1999, but didn't like that plot armor for Nagomi. I mean, she ended up in a wheel chair, which kinda compensates the plot armor given to her, but she was already shot once, then several times!

Through the entire show we have seen maids having impressive aim even from afar. So how could Nagi not kill Nagomi after all those shots? I thought she might have been affected by her own flashbacks or because of her thinking how ridiculous it would be to drop weapons and simply serve her masters with moe-ness. Either Nagi was truly emotionally affected and all her shots ended in Nagomi legs, or I don't know, maybe I'm thinking a bit too much into this ridiculous show.

Still, regardless of some flaws, it was all entertaining to watch, I enjoyed it. And that's why I made it to the last episode.
Dec 28, 2022 8:44 AM

Oct 2022
What a stunning performance by Nagomi! Even when shot, she continued singing her heart out and showed the other maids that violence wasn't necessary in the world of Maids.
Dec 28, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2019
P.A Works has done it again, absolutely insane Season Finale!!

I really love the writing, passive aggressive Revenge showing what the real Maid actually is.

Nagomi sacrifice brought peace to Akiba, what an absolute Legend.

Thank You all the Staff from P.A Works and VA's for the Amazing work.
This was definitely an experience once in a life time Anime.

8/10

P.A Works proving they are one of the best "Original" Anime Studio right now.
davidyodo24Dec 28, 2022 10:16 AM
Dec 28, 2022 2:36 PM
May 2022
You know... I wanted to say that I wanted a different ending... but really, I don't. That was a perfect resolution. Nagomi stood up and preached about the cycle of revenge. When one person dies in Akiba... they go and get revenge. The flashback to the messed up sheep cafe really sold that point. She did her best to stop the revenge cycle and live her true dream of what a maid should be. 
Here is another piece of media comments on the cycle of revenge... It is my favorite YouTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVzT6D-yhZg&t=23s 
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Dec 29, 2022 6:38 AM

Nov 2022
Really good anime I loved badass Nagomi but I’m glad she changed for Ranko(RIP). Uzuko really was a b!tch to the very end I wished we got to see where the other maids went after the time skip but I'm fine with this and it ended good.
Dec 29, 2022 1:30 PM
Nov 2022
I saw all 12 episodes at once and I don't regret it. A good original anime, I loved it
Thank you PA Works
Dec 29, 2022 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Now moving past the bloodshed and sadness, Akiba maid cafés have been saved thanks to Nagomi's valiant efforts. Overall quite the wacky show for giving me PTSD now whenever I hear 'Welcome back Master!' and 'Moe, Moe, Kyun!'...

Dec 29, 2022 7:11 PM

Nov 2022
holy shit, this episode was the best, it really hit all the highest notes
nagomi really went through a whole fucking joker arc

i love how they had to take off the opening just to leave in that ending scene
this shit needs a second season
a
Dec 29, 2022 8:07 PM

Dec 2022
When Ranko died I thought maybe Nagomi will sing the ED for the final episode, color me surprised she really did, a nice touch from the staff. What an absolute wild ride definitely gonna miss this show.

Nagomi and Ranko side by side comparison performing "Isshou Onna no Ko Sengen" (一生女の子宣言☆; I Declare I'm a Girl for Life)

Dec 29, 2022 8:31 PM
Nov 2021
Ending was a little rushed – could have probably better been split into two episodes or one longer one, but that probably wasn't an option. Still a good ending though, pretty much what I expected.

On a personal level, the show's a 10/10 because of how much I loved watching every episode, but realistically it's probably closer to an 8.
Dec 29, 2022 10:37 PM

Mar 2019
WOW.... Nagomilf 10/10..... Good Episode, Good Finale.... 

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 29, 2022 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
Overall for me this show was nasty weird in a bad way, comedy was a complete miss and basically just a lot of killing because bs reasons 4/10. 
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.