Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 PM

Apr 2021
Good finale. When the season started, I figured this would be where they have to end it, and it is a good spot to break. Strong end to the season.
Dec 15, 2022 5:39 PM
Feb 2021
Awesome place to end the season. It damn near brought me to tears.

As someone who hasn't seen the original, I really thought something terrible was going to happen to Julian when the empire took control of Fezzan. I'm really glad nothing happened, though I know it's too early to be certain he's safe (he wasn't shown after the takeover, after all).

Rubinsky was as shrewd as I expected. No surprises there.

I'm really hyped for more.
Dec 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Feb 2017
Way better than MOB. This, Dai and King Rankings best animes of 2022. Put some respect on that score.
Dec 15, 2022 7:11 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
And so we end the Intrigue part of the story with the occupation of Fezzan by the Galactic Empire. Now they are perfect position to strike the Free Planets Alliance whenever they want to. People within Empire are calling Reinhard Emperor already. This marks the beginning of the end for the Free Planets Alliance, but how will Yang respond to all this.

Now we wait for the next part to be adapted which is the fifth volume hopefully in the Spring/Summer 2023.
Dec 15, 2022 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
"Reinhard wouldnt declare himself emperor an have his coronation until the following year" narrator spoiling stuff just like the good old days, old habits never die
they relly made a good job at making Reinhard look awesome during this episode, highlights seeing him in front of his army an the scene where he sees the map of the Alliance
this was one of the best episodes ive seen this season, gripping from the begining to its end

though i gotta say they indeed didnt include the scene where Rubinsky was spying of the Empire when Reinhard was announcing his fake intentions of helping Reuenthal invade the Iserlohn Corridor

next season should be just total war between the Alliance an the Empire, just hope they dont make us wait too long
Dec 15, 2022 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
Fezzan bites the dust without even a whimper Reinhard being hailed as Emperor reminds me of Hitler being greeted with "Sieg Heil" at the Nuremberg rally
Dec 15, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
very good spot to end because this really was feeling like it was gonna be the beginning of the end of such a big war

still a damn shame hardly anyone is watching this
Dec 15, 2022 9:22 PM

Feb 2010
katsu044 said:
very good spot to end because this really was feeling like it was gonna be the beginning of the end of such a big war

BL artstyle backfired.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Dec 15, 2022 9:28 PM

Apr 2015
SIEG KAISER REINHARD!

Great point to end the season and i hope the next one don't take too long. That last scene of Reinhard walking in the middle of the planets was really well done.

lmao the Narrator giving spoiler.
ScarRufusDec 15, 2022 9:51 PM
Dec 15, 2022 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
I hope they announced season 5 next year.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Dec 16, 2022 12:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
down Fezzan and Reinhard, the army call him emperor!!!! a new step to the total domination!!! kekeke

great season again!!!

8/10
Dec 16, 2022 1:51 AM
Mar 2022
I really loved the ending as well as the scene when Reinhard's enterance to the navigation center... Those two girls made me laugh a lot. ahahah!!! Anyways, it was great to see things better just like the 1988 version.
Dec 16, 2022 2:54 AM
Oct 2012
So Fezzan basically had no defenses whatsoever huh?
Dec 16, 2022 3:05 AM
Jun 2020
Seig Kaiser Reinhard! Mein Kaiser Reinhard!
Dec 16, 2022 3:07 AM

Jan 2009
Fezzan is now part of the Galactic Empire

Rupert is dead

Reinhard is now called the Emperor
Dec 16, 2022 5:25 AM

Sep 2016
What a great way to end the season.
Can't wait fo the next one.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 16, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2018
Great season, and great conclusion for now. Let's hope they'll announce S5 soon.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 16, 2022 7:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Solid ending to a very good season
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 16, 2022 7:12 AM
Jan 2014
Great ending, it's always emotional whenever Reinhard takes out the locket with Kircheis' hair. Also, seeing how much of a shorty Mittermeyer is always amuses me. Hope we get the next season soon.
Dec 16, 2022 11:54 AM
Jan 2019
damn, i was into the world cup games and forgot about this masterpiece and forgot that it was the last episode.... AMAZING FINALE
Dec 16, 2022 12:10 PM
Oct 2016
Reinhard looking upon the Alliance capital after having just conquered Fezzan is the perfect note to end this season. The occupation of Fezzan went about as smooth as the Empire could hope for. Other than a few bad eggs, whom were swiftly dealt with by Mittermeyer, the Imperial forces did a good job making it a peaceful acquisition. Reinhard really does want to claim the universe, without bloodshed if possible. Fezzan is merely a stepping stone of the rest of the universe. Linking the Empire side and the Alliance side of the universe together through Fezzan. Julian knew this would happen of course after Yang mentioned it. The arrogant Fezzan upper class and government thinking there's no way Rubinsky would sell away Fezzan autonomy. They got a rude awakening today seeing all those Imperial ships taking over their facilities. This whole season has hammered the idea that Reinhard will claim the universe no matter what, for Kircheis he will stop at nothing to fulfill that dying wish. I hope we can see more of this remake in the future because now we're at the really good stuff.

93/100
Dec 16, 2022 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
We can finally say it without spoiling. Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!
katsu044 said:
ReinhardVonMusel said:
BL artstyle backfired.
as we have also seen with Jojo on Netflix unusual release schedules hurt performance. While Netflix batch releases atleast make the show accessible to lots of people and is also the services staple, LoGHs remake just has one of the most cursed release schedules for a (probably) full adaption I have ever seen. I mean its end of fall when we discuss this seasons finale though it aired in summer. Not knowing when the next part comes and then needing to wait for the movie to get split up into episodes again is just.. weird. Then they also dont just let it run but sometimes split it into parts and give each season a new name instead of numbers. Im not even entirely sure this is in the right forum, so when the next part comes it doesnt even catch my attention by name alone because I thought we already had it.
rooru-kun said:
So Fezzan basically had no defenses whatsoever huh?
yeah as they are a demilitarized zone, technically already part of the empire but autonomous. Really the empire not taking fezzan sooner is just necessary for the plot. The idea is no side makes a move on it because the other would respond, but those are at war anyway so eh? I guess the plot reason is the empire never updated their maps, aka they need fezzan to cooperate because they wouldnt know how to actually travel through the corridor but I always considered that simply a badly written excuse.

silversaint said:
"Reinhard wouldnt declare himself emperor an have his coronation until the following year" narrator spoiling stuff just like the good old days, old habits never die

though i gotta say they indeed didnt include the scene where Rubinsky was spying of the Empire when Reinhard was announcing his fake intentions of helping Reuenthal invade the Iserlohn Corridor
omg yeah this is probably too late but if anyone is reading this and thinks about watching the original show DO NOT WATCH THE PREVIEWS. They spoil like crazy.

True, for a season supposedly focused on fezzan/black fox/intrigues we saw pretty little of him doing anything.

PS: is it just me or was the non cg animation pretty wonky for a final?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 16, 2022 8:13 PM
Aug 2015
Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!
Dec 17, 2022 4:19 AM

Dec 2008
Glasses guy became too greedy and ran into daddy's trap.
The stealth suits might be a bad omen for power hungry emperors...

seeing how civilized the empires occupation was done, I don't see why the Free Planet Alliance should keep on existing XD
Their government is a bad joke and a terrible example of democracy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2022 7:04 AM

Sep 2021
well, at least the season ended with Reinhard being named Kaiser by all his subordinates. I had hoped it would end at the end of the war instead (when the season first began/resumed)... And now the long wait until the fate of the insurgents calling themselves the FPA gets animated. Personally, I feel the anime's pacing is a little slow. At this rate of one season per book, it will probably take at least another 5 years before the series gets fully adapted...
Dec 19, 2022 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
Every season is great
I love the art style no clue why people have issues with it
Their loss.
Dec 26, 2022 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
It's crazy that Rupert's death took this long, for some reason my friend and I thought he lasted like 3 episodes lol funny how memory works (or doesn't, in this case lmao)

Amazing season like DNT is already used to deliver. Very excited for what is to come!

SIEG KAISER REINHARD!
Jan 9, 2023 8:06 PM

Dec 2015
I can't believe I'm witnessing such beauty, this remake was a blessing, and classics like these will always remind me of why I fell in love with Japanese animation.
Jan 31, 2023 2:58 AM

Aug 2014
Truly an amazing episode. I LOVED how the ships looked while flying over Fezzan, truly epic.  

And wow, I did not expect the camouflage trick; very CLEVER!!!!!  Although im not gonna lie; it feels a bit like Deus-Ex-Machina

As for the season, it was above average, but not perfect.   Those episodes that deal with the FPA and their members doing their mundane things were really a DRAG. The anime still suffers with how the handsome/elegant looking people are the smart ones and always able to keep their cool, while the "ugly" characters are cowards and evil.  I just hope the anime gets rid of Julian at some point; I dont need a teen Einstein in this anime. 

With that said, as someone who has not seen the original (and never will unless they do a DUB), it looks like LOGH is officially over with mundane stuff, and everything from here till the end (prob episode 100) will be epic after epic. 

Bring on season 5, and hopefully we can be done with all episodes by 2026.  AND PLEASE, for the English dub actors, PLEASE RETURN!!!!! I need my English dub for high-dialogue animes!!!! 
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:24 AM
Jan 31, 2023 12:32 PM
Jun 2014
It ends at what episode of original old logh?
Jan 31, 2023 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
krystian2160 said:
this episode is the remake of episode 44 of the old OVA series
Jan 31, 2023 4:34 PM

Aug 2014
silversaint said:
krystian2160 said:
this episode is the remake of episode 44 of the old OVA series  . .......

well, looks like we going for 100 episodes, or near it. So four more seasons of 12 episodes each season. So we halfway through. 

Or maybe five more seasons of 12 episodes each season. 
oooo3333Jan 31, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 31, 2023 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
oooo3333 said:
silversaint said:
this episode is the remake of episode 44 of the old OVA series  . .......

well, looks like we going for 100 episodes, or near it. So four more seasons of 12 episodes each season. So we halfway through. 

seeing as this remake already had 4 episodes worth of extra material compared to the old OVA, we should ve getting more than a 110 episodes, which is good but also is probably the reason why this remake feels a bit slower than the OVAs
Feb 1, 2023 2:33 AM

Nov 2018
silversaint said:
oooo3333 said:

seeing as this remake already had 4 episodes worth of extra material compared to the old OVA, we should ve getting more than a 110 episodes, which is good but also is probably the reason why this remake feels a bit slower than the OVAs

Should be 120 in total.

The more episodes the better, right? Even with them sticking closer to the novels vs the OVA.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Feb 6, 2023 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
YES!!! The most glorious moment in the entirety of (LOGH) history has finally been realized. Mein Kaiser! Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Nothing but W's for the Empire this episode. Mittermeyer's zero tolerance against pillaging enshrined him as one of my favorite support characters from the original. Honor & nobility are truly what separate Reinhard's Empire from the likes of the Goldenbaum.

Yet another easy 9/10 for New Thesis. I suspect the peak of this space opera is still one or two cours out, but I will eagerly anticipate its inevitable conquest of my list.
Feb 26, 2023 6:23 AM
Jul 2013
At first i dropped this anime like at 3 episode of the first season, cause of BL artstyle and how slow it is, turned out this series was so good, can't wait for more
Jul 24, 2023 3:01 PM

Aug 2019
The empire has done it, they're crossing through Fezzan's border. 
The shot with the Empire ships in the sky was incredible. 

The empire was officially taking over the dominion of Fezzan.

Rupert is showing his true colors now. Oh well, nvm, he knew all along about his true
intentions. Of course, the side chick told him. What was he expecting from her? He told her everything, and for what? RIP, Rupert. It turns out your dad played you.

The dude changing the prices was hilarious. 

Damn, they even did a public execution, they're not fooling around. Muller is here!! 

Reinhard has arrived in Fezzan. What a shot that was with all the forces. 

The girls 💀I can relate tho. 

Reinhard is one step closer to conquering the universe  

Sun_ChanJul 24, 2023 3:29 PM
Oct 30, 2023 4:57 PM

Jul 2021
now we wait for the next season of peak

Nov 25, 2023 6:15 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Sieg Kaiser Reinhard, that gave me chills. We are finally here after 4 seasons and damn I need the next season to come fast.

Was skeptic of continuing the remake for a long time but really liked it after watching it. They did a great job with it. The animation for the space fights and in general are spectacular. The OSTs are really good as well. The only thing I'm gonna complain about is that they should have made the female character designs better cause most of them look like random npcs. Also some male characters don't look their age or have a drastic difference from their og designs.
Jan 31, 6:58 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This anime is just hard to sit through at times. The original OVA was like that sometimes too but this show serving as a sort of a rewatch just makes me feel bored at a lot more times.

The writing of the show is still one of the best.

6/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 1, 3:38 PM

Jul 2023
The first major victory under the reign of Kaiserin Katharin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 11 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Dec 8, 2022

22 by cchigu »»
Jan 31, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 10 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Dec 1, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 9 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 24, 2022

18 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 8 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 17, 2022

15 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 25, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Sakubou Episode 7 Discussion

_cjessop19_ - Nov 10, 2022

19 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.