Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 6, 2022 6:22 AM
Jan 2021
I am sooo thankful Gundam battles are back in my life!
"That was totally wicked!!!"
Nov 6, 2022 7:05 AM

May 2018
Happy bathday and RIP Elan clone!
Nov 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Oct 2022
Very incredible fight and rest in peace Elan..
Nov 6, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2015
As I feared, no fucking reaction to the fact Elan used a Gundam, after going full spanish inquisition on Suletta 2 episode before. It's not a good thing. That's litterally saying "we don't care about our own rules, and will bend them for the sake of action".

I'm not sure what to think about the 21 years gaps. If Suletta end being a clone, I feel it kinda undermine the attachment you can have with her.At worse, they can create an another. It also destroy the symbolic value of the "happy birthday" song... It's not her, why should it matter to Suletta. I hope they will go for the suspended sleep or something like that.

GangsterCat said:
Eri = dead
Suletta = Eri's clone
Aerial = Advanced version of Lfrith with AI of Eri's personality/soulfuckery
Aerial's 12 bits = Eri's previous dead clones before Suletta
Suletta = clone who was released as an adult aka has mental age of a child, Tales of the Abyss style, which explains his childish behavior and ignorance
Lfrith Ur and Lfrith Thorn from Gunpla promo = Gundams with also Eri's AI or/and Eri's clone pilots

that's it. I solved everything.

I feel it's gonna be something like that, that they will reveal in 35 episodes as if it was a shocking revelation.

I hope the the 21 years ago was about something else. and there was only a 13 years timeskip.

Still not convinced, too many duels, not enough plot. I hope story will resume soon, because I'm disappointed to have to wait 5 years for a real gundam series, and in the end, we get a glorified "build" show.
Turtles_HunterNov 6, 2022 7:57 AM
Nov 6, 2022 7:41 AM
Jun 2008
StarZone1 said:
"A battle is not won byMmobile Suit alone"

About to lose the duel: Gundam goes full autopilot, acts on its own and win the duel....

Will say though that this is the first episode mc hasn't been completely intolerable which is a gigantic improvement.

Similar to ALICE system installed in the S Gundam, perhaps?
Nov 6, 2022 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 00: set in Ad Stella 109, Ericht Samaya 4 years old.

Episode 01: set in Ad Stella 122, Suletta Mercury 17 years old.

122-109=13, 17-4=13: I don't see any discrepancy here...
Nov 6, 2022 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
I did not expect "Gundam" to be "Gundam" at the very beginning, I was expecting it to be in the middle of the series of it. But I learned another valuable lesson of Gundam. 'Gundam' can be 'Gundam' at anytime now. Wow...
Nov 6, 2022 7:58 AM
Jun 2022
This episode topped once again, we even got a little bit of Elan's backstory. Is there just an army of Elans somewhere? This is quickly becoming my favorite anime of the year!
Nov 6, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2009
What if Eri is Aerial's AI and Suletta is what remain ... ?

Brrhh at the end
bruh
Nov 6, 2022 7:59 AM

May 2015
Nepco said:

Thanks for that, I lacked motivation to check that by myself.

[edit]
I checked the prologue by myself, and didn't find a a mention of the date. I may have missed it because I check in fast forward, thus if someone has the timecode it appears or some official indication on when the prologue take place, I would appreciate if you could share it.
Turtles_HunterNov 6, 2022 8:14 AM
Nov 6, 2022 8:01 AM
Oct 2016
Suletta versus Elan. Very exciting duel between them, lots of intense moments. Suletta did something instinctively with Aerial to cause it to send out that pulse that disabled Elan mobile suit. There's something we don't fully know about Aerial that's gotta be important. We need explained its full capabilities. Suletta wanting to know more about Elan earlier in the episode was cool. She seems like the kind of person whom takes a genuine interest in people and wants to know them more. Its been a very sweet quality of Suletta throughout the show so far. Suletta seems to get people opening up a lot more than they normally do. We saw it with Miorine, with Guel and now with Elan. Very sad to see him go out like that at the end of the episode. It seemed like he turned a corner after how much Suletta kept trying to break down his walls.
Nov 6, 2022 8:03 AM
Oct 2016
-Stray said:
Sulleta’s wins are mad bs lol, aerial just keeps using hax op mechanics left and right.
Shit was eerie af everytime they sang the “Happy Birthday” song.
That ending was friggin dark ngl. RIP Elan.
21yrs time skip? Then no way in hell this is the Sulleta from the prologue, this is a clone huh? Loving the twists.

Either the Suletta we're following now is a clone or the 21 years is referencing something that happened before the prologue
Nov 6, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2019
Suletta was extra cringe in this episode with the singing and contacting him over the speaker system... However, it all worked out because of how dark Elan's story was especially at the end. And then there's Guel story with him getting kicked out, so I'm rooting for him now.
Nov 6, 2022 8:36 AM

Nov 2020
This is what i was waiting for, looks like my hopes have been brought to fruition.

Bunch of spicy information being dropped in this one, from the fact that the prologue was 21 years ago essentially implying that Suletta is not Eri to Elan being a double of the real Elan. I will object to the usage of the word clones by some though since Number 4 did have an identity before becoming Elan's double, and i would assume the same for the other 'spares'.

Something which really piqued me interest though were the visions that number 4 saw when he got hit by the wave deployed by Aerial, they looked an awful lot like Eri running around and floating from the prologue didn't they? They even made noises akin to those made by a toddler. I take this to imply that either Aerial has imprinted Eri's memories or the much much more darker theory that Eri's soul has been absorbed into Aerial like an Evangelion. This also means that its highly likely that Suletta herself is not Lady Prospera's daughter which would explain how she is so nonchalant about her supposed 'daughter' piloting and fighting in a machine like Aerial. This also raises the question of who exactly Suletta is though, since she's not Eri, is she an actual clone?

I think this small thing also nerfs Suletta, since she is no longer 'special', in the sense that we saw last episode how Number 4 was able to control Aerial without a permet response (circumventing a data storm). When he said "The one who lifted the curse" He was most likely referring to Eri and not Suletta, and was envious at Suletta for having someone like Eri (or Aerial). This puts Suletta in a precarious situation where she can be easily replaced and im excited to see whether or not this idea is explored.

Also next episodes gonna be a recap, usually i would moan about recaps and how they are useless (especially so considering that only like 6 eps have been released) but looking at how much information they managed to convey in this one episode, im perfectly happy with the placement of the coming recap.
moltenlavaNov 6, 2022 8:48 AM
Nov 6, 2022 8:40 AM

Mar 2020
21 years have passed since the prologue, so we can basically conclude that Eri is not Suletta. Perhaps she's a clone? As for the episode this week, a notable improvement from some of previous episodes, and the duel between Suletta and Elan was well done. The revelation of Elan being a surrogate of the real Elan was interesting, but a weird turn. With some singings of "happy birthday", guess #4 bites the dust.

Up to this point, the show has been fine, but not without its share of frustrating and weirdly directed sequences. The production has also been said from the very beginning to have been "on fire", so, not surprisingly, we have a recap next week. Hopefully the show can keep up the quality in its last six weeks of the cour.
Nov 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Mar 2019
Okay, I'm starting to read some of the speculation of what's happening in this show and if it all pans out this show is way more clever/interesting and actually fucked up compared the high-school mech drama that I thought it was going be after episode 2.
Nov 6, 2022 8:55 AM

May 2016
I can bet money this would be so much higher rated if they didn't give her such a lame personality.
I could already tell her stake was gonna be something lame as fuck from the beginning...
Nov 6, 2022 8:57 AM
Mar 2016
First episode of this series which got me to rate it (and give it a perfect score). I teared up so many times while watching.
Nov 6, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2021
What an incredible duel between Suletta & Elan, I'm glad that Elan didn't take Aerial from Suletta, Suletta put a lot in stake just to know about Elan and it seems like Elan told her when the battle was going. He always celebrated his birthday alone which was sad to see ofcourse, but damn Suletta was gonna meet with Elan but they got RID OF HIM? wow such an garbage people, Suletta is still waiting out there not knowing what is happening.

Elan has a clone? or is that the real Elan? that took me by surprise ngl.

You can find Suletta annoying but she at least sang an happy birthday song to Elan, even though Elan couldn't bare it lol.

I did like the design of Elan's gundam though, but ofcourse Suletta's gundam is still number 1 for me personally, i just love how it looks and how it performs, I mean her gundam literally stopped the time and nothing could move, like holy shit lol, that's how she won.
__andre__Nov 6, 2022 9:10 AM
Nov 6, 2022 9:26 AM

Sep 2022
My boy!!!!!! 😭
Nov 6, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2015
moltenlava said:
This is what i was waiting for, looks like my hopes have been brought to fruition.

Something which really piqued me interest though were the visions that number 4 saw when he got hit by the wave deployed by Aerial, they looked an awful lot like Eri running around and floating from the prologue didn't they? They even made noises akin to those made by a toddler. I take this to imply that either Aerial has imprinted Eri's memories or the much much more darker theory that Eri's soul has been absorbed into Aerial like an Evangelion. This also means that its highly likely that Suletta herself is not Lady Prospera's daughter which would explain how she is so nonchalant about her supposed 'daughter' piloting and fighting in a machine like Aerial. This also raises the question of who exactly Suletta is though, since she's not Eri, is she an actual clone?

To oppose that, there is the fact that the woman from the other company consider Suletta as the daughter of Prospera : but if she knew her from that time, she would know her daughter should be 25 years old, that there is a problem here. I can understand you might be wrong from a couple of years, but 8 is far too much.

[edit]
Also, a round of applause for the people saying Elan was the obvious introduction of THE love interest for Suletta, and that it was obvious that's what the "having interest in you" line meant. As often, you guys really have a nose for those things.
Turtles_HunterNov 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 6, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Elan (and Suletta). I wonder how everyone will handle him being gone or have a sudden change in personality.
Nov 6, 2022 9:47 AM

Aug 2020
this episode was so sad and tragic damn~~
Nov 6, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2019
Cambriel5202 said:
My boy!!!!!! 😭

He's technically still alive. LOL
Nov 6, 2022 10:17 AM

Aug 2018
RIP Elan (No. 4) didn't see it coming but it checks out given everything he was saying. Is Aerial Ericht? 21 years have passed since the prologue (unless the end of that sentence provides a completely different context that shifts that) so...Suletta isn't Ericht. Guel has been thrown out of Jeturk House so I'm excited to see where he goes from here. Episode was fun and it's given quite a bit to consider about the story going forward.

I fear Happy Birthday Song will never be the same for me after this show ends.😢
Nov 6, 2022 10:26 AM
Apr 2022
Guy: no fear
Anyone sings happy birthday inside Aerial/Lfricth
Guy: one fear

Also why did Elan see and hear more than one kid. Why?! Why does Suletta talk to bits like they are people? This show suddenly got extremely disturbing.

Nepco said:

I don't think there is no official info on the time of prologue, nor was there a time stamp in the prologue episode (unless we all missed it). AS 109 is just math from whoever wrote the Wiki based on Suletta's age of 17. This ep is the first time we hear anything that even try to suggest when exactly the prologue happened. There was no time stamp in the prologue. There was, however, people protesting with sign that says "GUNDAM TOOK MY CHILD'S LIFE" at around 3:49. lmao
whitebagelxyzNov 6, 2022 10:30 AM
Nov 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Apr 2021
Loved the ending. I was going to drop this because it's just not being gay enough to balance out the mecha stuff which is not my cup of tea at all, but this episode presents such deliciously sinister undertones that I have to see all of it.
Nov 6, 2022 10:52 AM

Jan 2011
Ok, this episode actually made me log in and post :)
So far I am loving this show and I sure hope it doesn't get a bullshit ending like the IBO.

It has all what it takes to be a masterpiece in my book - great cast, great music and animation, and, so far at least, decent plot.
Keep it up!
Nov 6, 2022 10:58 AM
Jan 2012
Looks like the whole inquisition thingy is already dropped altogether lmao, what was even the point
Duels still don't make any freaking sense, but at least the way the series is using its version of cyber newtypes is more interesting than the UC.

Still not convinced, there's good ideas here and there but weird or even bad writing all around.

What was the point of having Miorine around again ?
Nov 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Jun 2021
PowerplantJohn said:
Okay, here's a theory.

They say the pilot the Aerial should be 21 but Sulleta is 17. Maybe the Eri of the prologue was sacrificed to be a soul within the Gundam so it wouldn't need Sulleta to sacrifice herself to pilot it. In the light novel the Aerial describes Sulleta as a “little sister.” And the little girl in the prologue is called Eiri - Aerial.

Probably not the case but this my thoughts right now.

If that's the case then I'll brag about this prediction.

I agree, especially since the blast that the Arieal had in the last moment of the duel white, similar to Eri’s glows. And we know that Elnora was using Eri as a pilot control during thr fight apparently 21 years ago
Nov 6, 2022 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Ah, I see we're starting to get into the serious stakes part of the show. That ending was haunting.
Nov 6, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
whitebagelxyz said:

Also why did Elan see and hear more than one kid. Why?! Why does Suletta talk to bits like they are people? This show suddenly got extremely disturbing.

Nepco said:

I don't think there is no official info on the time of prologue, nor was there a time stamp in the prologue episode (unless we all missed it). AS 109 is just math from whoever wrote the Wiki based on Suletta's age of 17. This ep is the first time we hear anything that even try to suggest when exactly the prologue happened. There was no time stamp in the prologue. There was, however, people protesting with sign that says "GUNDAM TOOK MY CHILD'S LIFE" at around 3:49. lmao

True, the date AS 109 was based on Suletta's age, but if the Prologue's events took place 21 years before, hence Eri's age should be 25, why Belmeria Winston recognized Suletta as Elnora Samaya/Prospera's daughter? Bel surely known Eri (everyone in the Vanadis Institute probably known her...) and cannot surely mistake a 17 years girl for a 25 years woman (unless she thinks Suletta is Samaya's second daughter...).

Nov 6, 2022 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Suletta has a dead brother/sister if we believe the prediction-earth girl and a 21 year skip, so suletta probably isn't Ericht, unless so got put in stasis somehow (doubtful). The mother did some twisted things there to keep Aerial running.
Curious to get to see the whole backstory!

I cried for Elan
Nov 6, 2022 1:00 PM

Apr 2022
"Victory is Never Decided by Mobile Suit Performance Alone" and Other Hilarious Jokes You Can Tell Yourself, coming to you every Sunday (or Saturday, if you live in American Samoa) to brighten up your fall! (or Spring, if you live in American Samoa)
Nov 6, 2022 1:20 PM
Nov 2016
large, if factual
Nov 6, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
Nepco said:
whitebagelxyz said:

True, the date AS 109 was based on Suletta's age, but if the Prologue's events took place 21 years before, hence Eri's age should be 25, why Belmeria Winston recognized Suletta as Elnora Samaya/Prospera's daughter? Bel surely known Eri (everyone in the Vanadis Institute probably known her...) and cannot surely mistake a 17 years girl for a 25 years woman (unless she thinks Suletta is Samaya's second daughter...).

Maybe that's why Suletta's so tall..

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 6, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
It's a shame I'm finding all the characters except for jetark so unlikable since the audio and visuals are nice. I don't even mind the the setting, it's just the characters. Jetark is at least a lovable idiot like Patrick(?) From 00. Hope we get some team battles or something going I'd really like to see more suits and combat animations.
Nov 6, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
Well, this show has taken a turn toward the darker side of things.
RIP Elan? Ceres?
We don't even know his real name. If he has one.
Nov 6, 2022 2:18 PM
Mar 2018
😍😍😍 very gay 😂
Nov 6, 2022 2:27 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Cambriel5202 said:
My boy!!!!!! 😭

Damn, i'm sorry for your loss *pat*
Nov 6, 2022 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I gave it a fair shot, but this iteration of Gundam is just not for me at all. It's my first AU, so I suppose it's not too surprising that it's not working for me when UC has given me a very specific set of expectations for what a Gundam is, and when this prologue also gave expectations that so far haven't even been slightly delivered on. Ironically, this was the closest to a traditional Gundam episode so far (besides the prologue), by virtue of the fact that it was just rehashing an already-overdone plot point of introducing and quickly killing off a Cyber Newtype for emotional impact. The problem? Elan and Suletta only interacted like three times prior to this and there was nothing to Elan's character besides being a doomed Cyber Newtype. His death holds no value because of anything that he did in this show, but because of my awareness of what this plot point means from other, better Gundam anime. Also, let's not mention the glaring inconsistency of no one giving a damn about Elan piloting a Gundam when they basically held an inquisition over Suletta doing the same.

Ultimately, this just bored me. The school setting was lame and made me entirely uninterested in any of the characters. The bride set-up with Miorine is incredibly forced and she and Suletta have zero chemistry. The duels are just meaningless, well-animated noise with absolutely zero stakes or logic behind them, while also being a rip-off of Utena. By comparison, the duels in Utena always feel intense and gripping to watch despite having very limited animation and very poor choreography and despite following a very similar but more thematically meaningful set-up. And then there's Suletta herself, who perfectly represents everything I dislike in a shy anime character: her stutter is incredibly annoying, and besides being whiny and otherwise pathetic she has zero personality whatsoever. She's just a moeblob, not an actual character. Hell, maybe even a clone moeblob apparently, not as though I care to see where that plot point goes.
Nov 6, 2022 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
Battle was cool and that ending, very dark. Sulleta might just break if she learns the truth
Nov 6, 2022 3:26 PM

May 2019
God damn, that ending is one of the darkest things I've seen in Gundam
Nov 6, 2022 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
This was the kick this show desperately needed, not just was the episode itself way better than the ones before it and had alot more heart in the character interaction, but the implications for the series as a whole feel like they have gone completely off the rails with the information that the events of the prologue were far longer than suletta's age and the bombshell about cloning and potential consciousness of people tied to the gundarms. I heard someone throw around the theory a week ago that the suletta from the prologue is not the one we are following in this show and with this info I'm leaning pretty damn hard into that.

It could just be a fantheory overanalyzing things but the bigger point here is, this pretty meandering series up to now feels exponentially more interesting and sinister as of this episode and if the show properly follows up on things I think it redeems alot with this pretty wonky start. And if all this theory sstuff is BS, at the very least this episode on its own was very poignant with that final scene being pretty ggoosebump inducing, its so fucked up that no one is even gonna realize hes dead cause they will simply roll out another clone.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 6, 2022 4:37 PM

Nov 2021
The sound effects and OST are seriously top tier, it kinda reminds me of 86. I'm not too sure what happened towards the end of the fight with those flashing lights surrounding Elan?
Nov 6, 2022 4:54 PM
Oct 2018
Suletta is hereby banned from singing Happy Birthday ever again. That's a death wish waiting to happen.
Nov 6, 2022 5:08 PM
Sep 2014
How was elan allowed to exist unpunished and undetected as a Gundam pilot/witch
Nov 6, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
Suletta is OP, we got it xD Way too OP with that Gundam, but we still don't know much. But it seemed like she used an omega EMP wave and my boy got rekt. And judging from that ending i wonder if he is still alive...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 6, 2022 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
This anime is such a mess.

Suletta is still a terrible character.

The duel being outside in space made no sense: What if they hit the space station where everybody lives? And what if they kill each other?! Elan got almost hit, considering his machine's chest area was completely ripped open.

And then the last scene happens and I almost want to cry. But I can't, because of how bland the prior rest was. :/ Still, damn. That death scene was almost NGE-level sad and brutal.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Nov 6, 2022 6:23 PM
Feb 2021
PowerplantJohn said:
Okay, here's a theory.

They say the pilot the Aerial should be 21 but Sulleta is 17. Maybe the Eri of the prologue was sacrificed to be a soul within the Gundam so it wouldn't need Sulleta to sacrifice herself to pilot it. In the light novel the Aerial describes Sulleta as a “little sister.” And the little girl in the prologue is called Eiri - Aerial.

Probably not the case but this my thoughts right now.

If that's the case then I'll brag about this prediction.

This is a quality theory.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

356 by Idriz_s »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2022

105 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.