Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 31, 2022 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
I agree with everyone saying how stupid the duels are, did Suletta just get forced into a duel for the fate of her Gundam because it was another duelists condition in a duel that was completely unrelated to her? LOL
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 31, 2022 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
One goes down One remains
Oct 31, 2022 1:23 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I actually liked this episode in which this once focused on Elan the Ice Prince, but what he's actually an enhanced human who is backed by Peil Technologies. It makes sense to created enhanced humans that can pilot the Gundam without the risk of putting the strain on human users. Elan asked Suletta on a date, but it was only for him to get inside Ariel and find out that Suletta is nothing like him. I think he is envious of Suletta not being tied to the machine like he is and that such a bond between the machine is a curse in his eyes.He doesn't even have a birthday as he was probably made on an assembly line. Guel didn't like the idea of Elan getting close to Suletta so Elan to the chance to challenge him to a duel. Unfortunately Guel gets his ass handed to him for a third time bring more shame to himself and his family as he loses to another Gundam. A second witch has appeared in Peil Technologies and the woman that works there knows Prospera as her senpai. Elan has successfully baited Suletta into another duel after beating Guel and once again her Gundam Ariel is on the line if she looses this duel. This will be the first Gundam vs. Gundam fight in this series and I can't wait to see how it plays out next week as the stakes get higher and higher.
Nov 1, 2022 10:11 AM
Oct 2020
I'm curious on what's coming, hoping they don't forget some element while they go on
Nov 1, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
So that's why he's interested on Suletta.

The duel was fun but these kids be dueling for anything or they should just duel Guel :F

Intrigued to know if Suletta will be able to win and how if she does.
Nov 1, 2022 11:41 AM

Sep 2011
I think this show is in a desperate need to retire duels and move on from this setting soon. They already werent very compelling but its starting to get so formulaic already on top of being generally dumb in not a fun way. Theres all this potential with background material like these cybernetics and miulitary industrial complex corporations but it feels like we are getting completely distracted from what should be the main focus for this duel stuff that isnt even really expanding on the school as a setting.

I've been a bit off and on and I dont wanna say its outright unenjoyable or anything cause theres some fun here, but I do wanna say this is ranking as one of the weaker starts of the franchise. 00 had one oft he worst but it pretty quickly skyrockets in entertainment value and quality around the episode 8 onwards mark so im trying to remain patient until then but at the same time if this only ends up being 26 episodes as apposed to 50 I dont think it deserves that much patience.

pjposullivan said:
Is the first Gundam show with a harem? Trying to think of one, none to come mind very easily.
I think the closest thing we have had to one was 00 cause setsuna technically, TECHNICALLY, had 3 love interests all at once between marina feldt and Nina, problem is, Marina was so vague its still hard to tell if there was even a romance there, Fleldt amounted to nothing, and Nina was a crazy villain character who was never treated as a serious contender. All of that is on top of Setsuna being, well, setsuna.

past that I dont think any gundam protag has ever gone past a vague love triangle at most and even then drawing a bit of a blank of any of them where the girls were actually competing or aware of the other.
JizzyHitlerNov 1, 2022 11:51 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 1, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2018

Ya know the very thing that I don't get around here is that why does Suletta's okasan need to wear a mask when it looks like everyone in her place of occupation knows what she looks like?

Nov 1, 2022 2:58 PM

Feb 2007
Did not expect another Gundam come from inside Cathedral, and from the Big Three no less... Looks like they haven't managed to overcome the GUND Format's weaknesses, though. If only Delling hadn't tried to destroy all GUND research in the prologue, Elan may have had a much nicer life...
Nov 1, 2022 3:57 PM

Oct 2018
JizzyHitler said:

pjposullivan said:
Is the first Gundam show with a harem? Trying to think of one, none to come mind very easily.
I think the closest thing we have had to one was 00 cause setsuna technically, TECHNICALLY, had 3 love interests all at once
You mean five. Don’t forget about Graham and Exia.

Jokes aside, It may not be a mainline series, but Build Fighters Try‘s protagonist Sekai actually has a harem with three girls crushing on him. It’s also one of the reasons why the show is so frowned upon by fans.
Nov 1, 2022 4:20 PM

Mar 2015
The progression of the plot has me underwhelmed at the moment. I know gundam animes revolve a lot around the gundam battles but this next duel isn't inspiring any tension.
The sword that takes life gives life
Nov 1, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
lmao so that was Elan's plan all along, hope Suletta gives his Gundam into dust.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 2, 2022 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
MaceChan said:
JizzyHitler said:

I think the closest thing we have had to one was 00 cause setsuna technically, TECHNICALLY, had 3 love interests all at once
You mean five. Don’t forget about Graham and Exia.

Jokes aside, It may not be a mainline series, but Build Fighters Try‘s protagonist Sekai actually has a harem with three girls crushing on him. It’s also one of the reasons why the show is so frowned upon by fans.
Try is one of the only things gundam related i havent watched yet but thats actually disappointing as hell to hear, I knew try was lesser liked but the romance of the first series or more specifically how everyone had one was really a huge charm point for me.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 2, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
This is great, it's really a strange duel system.

Orange_is_White said:
These duels makes absolutely no sense to me.

Guel: If I win, then you can't go near Suletta, Elan.
Suletta: Excuse me, what? So I can't -
Judge: Don't interfere, Suletta. This duel doesn't affect you
Suletta: But it clearly does!
Judge: Too bad so sad, Suletta. What are your demands, Elan?
Elan: I get to duel Suletta if I win.
Suletta: How does tha-
Judge: Sounds good to me.
Suletta: WTF, are you stupid? Guel can't agree to make *me* fight Elan. Besides, you don't need to beat Guel to duel me. Just duel me instead.
Judge: Suletta, shut up. This doesn't concern you.
Suletta: Have you gone mad?!?! It so obviously does
Elan: Also, if I beat Suletta, then I get her Gundam.
Suletta: FUCK NO!I would never wager my family! But let me guess, I can't reject his demand.
Judge: You know it.

Somebody please tell me that I missed something, because that's how I remember it, and if that's how it actually happened then this show is getting dumb fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2008
oh goddamn! such MAJESTIC episode!!!
OST is also EPIC!!!
looks like we're gonna have an early phenomenal one on one match in which "family" is what Suletta is gonna have to wager!
if Suletta isn't gonna get triggered or get at least angry for the conditions of the match she's gonna end-up losing!
5/5!

Nov 2, 2022 11:49 AM

May 2015
I don't like the duel of the week the show got up until now. I won't understand if the duel is not voided because Elan used what is obviously a Gundam by all definitions given up until now. I hope Elan will have the exact same repercussion Suletta had, even worse since it's it has obviously a data burst. Don't break your lore after 6 episodes for the sake of a "I'm gonna steal your machine that you consider your family" episode. Nobody wants a Gundam show that doesn't respect its own universe for the sake of "having a mecha fight".

On the other hand, Guel begin to have Patrick Colasour vibes, which is nice
Turtles_HunterNov 2, 2022 12:01 PM
Nov 2, 2022 8:06 PM
Mar 2019
Guel hasn't won yet since Suletta arrived, why fight over her when there is better out there??
Nov 2, 2022 8:40 PM
Apr 2021
Something I don't understand:

Suletta uses a Gundam in a duel and everyone loses their minds.

Elan uses a Gundam in a duel and everyone…is fine with it?

Is there going to be a Spanish Inquisition over his extremely sus mobile suit in episode 6? I don't get the impression that any of the companies are concerned over, or even aware of, Peil Technologies developing a Gundam (except Suletta's mom). Certainly no one in episode 5 was rushing to analyze pilot data like they did with Suletta's first duel.
Nov 2, 2022 10:46 PM
Nov 2018
It's crazy catching up to this episode after I finished Zeta Gundam recently...I see you Sunrise! Elan is definitely this universe's cyber newtype and he's number 4...

Lots of cool revelations this episode.
Nov 2, 2022 11:27 PM

Oct 2019
Just thought I'd throw this out there, but I noticed that the suits that Elan fights in the cold open kind of look like Guntank R-44s. Also Elan pulling the beam sabers out of his forearms was similar to the Victory Gundams.
GundamojoNov 22, 2022 12:42 PM
Nov 3, 2022 1:24 PM

Jun 2015
Oof, very nice ending to this episode. Can't wait for their duel.
Nov 3, 2022 3:21 PM
Sep 2020
deg said:
Elan is a cyborg eh aka enhanced transhumanism person (or CyberNewType on other Gundam shows) so his body can control the Gundam and he is envious of Suletta that is just a natural evolved human (or NewType on other Gundam shows) that can pilot a Gundam without suffering their body, lets see them fight next week

im just wondering... weren't gundams forbidden??? why is he allowed to fight with them. did i not remember the first episode (or 2) correctly?
Nov 3, 2022 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
Spoopy69 said:
deg said:
Elan is a cyborg eh aka enhanced transhumanism person (or CyberNewType on other Gundam shows) so his body can control the Gundam and he is envious of Suletta that is just a natural evolved human (or NewType on other Gundam shows) that can pilot a Gundam without suffering their body, lets see them fight next week

im just wondering... weren't gundams forbidden??? why is he allowed to fight with them. did i not remember the first episode (or 2) correctly?

i got no idea maybe there is an exception to the rule thing because he is a CyberNewType pilot so there is no human body that is gonna suffer from piloting a Gundam
Nov 3, 2022 7:14 PM

Nov 2021
Another incredible episode, I am really loving the OST they use for the battle scenes. I hope Suletta doesn't lose!!
Nov 3, 2022 10:12 PM

Oct 2012
>Elan = Four

rip. that's gonna be a fun little subplot (and by fun i mean tragic)

makes me wanna rewatch Zeta tbh
Nov 5, 2022 2:44 AM
Jan 2018
Before we thought that Elan would be similar to Mikazuki from IBO, cold hearted, emotionless person who is highly efficient, yet this episode showed a deeper resentment towards his past and his suffering, seeing Suletta being able to go do what he likely can't do without feeling any pain or receive body enhancement procedures.
Nov 5, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 2022
this show is getting stupid, su used gundam, duel result voided, got arrested. This Elan used gundam, nobody bats an eye.
Nov 5, 2022 4:15 PM
May 2019
any intrigue was really lost with this episode. its just duel duel duel so annoying. this is the first gundam ive given a chance, and at this point i realize i was right allalong not watching gundams. This show is stupid
Nov 5, 2022 11:36 PM
Jul 2019
Why do I have the feeling that Elan would also fall for Suletta once she kicks his ass?
Nov 6, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2022
wtf elan i thought he good guy :(
Nov 11, 2022 4:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hyperthesis said:
Something I don't understand:

Suletta uses a Gundam in a duel and everyone loses their minds.

Elan uses a Gundam in a duel and everyone…is fine with it?

Is there going to be a Spanish Inquisition over his extremely sus mobile suit in episode 6? I don't get the impression that any of the companies are concerned over, or even aware of, Peil Technologies developing a Gundam (except Suletta's mom). Certainly no one in episode 5 was rushing to analyze pilot data like they did with Suletta's first duel.

I really hope for an explanation for this, otherwise this is very convenient and forced. Maybe there's some fuckery going on around this we don't know about but i'm not sure if we'll get back to this plot point.
Nov 12, 2022 12:07 AM
Oct 2021
I'm confused. Isn't The GUND-format and Gundams in general banned? how is there a major company developing a Gundam now?
Nov 12, 2022 3:50 AM
Oct 2022
this anime keep getting better and better can not wait for next episode
Nov 12, 2022 7:53 PM
Sep 2022
Secret333 said:
I'm confused. Isn't The GUND-format and Gundams in general banned? how is there a major company developing a Gundam now?
money talk maybe? huahahaha
Nov 12, 2022 9:14 PM

Jul 2012
This girl is dumber than a rock at times. Letting your mobile suit get a secondary pilot added in with a few clicks of a phone device. Then now just letting some random fucking school mate pilot it without her even in the cockpit.

Well that was a pretty lame duel. I guess this is all we can expect of this series.

Also the whole a duel is between X and Y. But X can have a reward from Z? Right...
Nov 13, 2022 12:17 AM
Oct 2021
haisayabot said:
money talk maybe? huahahaha

I'd like that scene to exist because Delling in the prologue making his speech now looks like a fool.

lanfire said:

Also the whole a duel is between X and Y. But X can have a reward from Z? Right...

I was wondering about that. Can't she just say "no" to challenges? or did I miss a rule that she can't refuse because of it? Because she doesn't even know what she wants out of dueling him.
Nov 13, 2022 1:42 AM

Jul 2012
Nah, I think S.M. is just that dumb and goes with the flow without thinking about it or listening. And that 'council' or duel leadership w/e they are are just like 'lets fucking go, another duel' when it suits them.

Also that fact that she is dumb as a bag of rocks is baffling. It's not like she grew up on her own outside of a well caring scientific mother who worked on the GUND project for the last 10-15+ years.
Nov 13, 2022 3:24 AM
Sep 2022
Secret333 said:
I'd like that scene to exist because Delling in the prologue making his speech now looks like a fool.
hahaha you right. not everything goes into your wish
Nov 13, 2022 3:57 PM
Oct 2022
i like this episode vry much šŸ«°šŸ«°šŸ«°
Nov 14, 2022 2:13 AM
Jul 2017
Elan. He's mysterious and very skilled on the battlefield.
Suletta's dad died when she was young.
Going out with Elan?
Guel is so interested in Suletta..
Slowly starting to see Elan's true face. He's a lonely boy, he just wanted to know someone who's like him.
Guel and Elan fight!
Even though Guel is strong and skilled he keeps losing... Can't get that w...
Nov 27, 2022 9:16 PM
Aug 2015
This got interesting and serious
Dec 12, 2022 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
That Gundam reminds me a lot of Anubis from ZOE, the poses, the laser field... Let's hope it can't Zero Shift.
Dec 19, 2022 8:51 PM
Jan 2017
Now that was one sided.
Jan 6, 2023 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
Elan was bio-engineered to pilot Gundam with Pelmet scores and thought Suletta was also a enchanced pilot.

Kinda shitty if you ask me, Elan tricked the innocent Suletta by making her think they were going on a date.

Guel on the otherhand... seems to be trying to redeem himself as he sorta "fell in love" and acting Tsundere, LOL

Too bad, a regular robot can't beat Gundams with higher advanced tech.

Looks like the title "Ice Prince" does indeed suit Elan... he's max cold, This guy doesn't belong in the Harem, he's literal shit.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 11, 2023 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Now we got Gundam vs Gundam.
Feb 27, 2023 9:21 PM
Jun 2012
5/5

The sound crew really did good work. You can hear the directional shots with the score muxed in. Right of the bat its apparent its a superior work with that in mind.
Mar 5, 2023 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
I knew that Elan was bad news. Guel actually seems to care about Suletta's well-being, but Elan only cares about himself, although when he thought that he and Suletta were more alike, he seemed more interested in her, but his interest was never a romantic one. Elan is an emotionless robot, and is a danger to Suletta.

If Suletta loses Aerial, it would be very bad, but a part of me believes that Aerial would not cooperate fully with Elan, despite him being able to pilot Aerial.

Jul 31, 2023 6:11 PM

Feb 2018
Elan went from being the quite, chill guy to a straight up villain in the span of a single episode >_< Also..Guel really gotta stop taking all these L's :p
Aug 5, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2020
. . .... ..... dfsfsdfdsfdsfsdfdsfsdfsdfsd
Nov 2, 2023 10:43 PM

Aug 2011
Elan is 2019 Meteor Garden's HuaZe Lei gone badddd! (He has a bit of Seiei's personality xD )

That Gundam of his reminds me vaguely of Death Scythe!
Nov 2, 2023 10:47 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to pjposullivan
@pjposullivan If you are aware of any fanfic from Wing, then every character from Relena to Zechs was Heero's harem XD There's a reason the expression "Heero Yaoi" exists xD

Abridged e1 10:10 makes note of it (and not the last note either xD )
https://opmeat.com/msagw-ep-1/
VyaiskayaNov 2, 2023 10:53 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

356 by Idriz_s »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

16 by Nyron »»
Apr 17, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2022

105 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 2:36 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.