Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 8, 2022 4:35 PM
May 2018
If having the best striker in the world gave a country the chance of winning the world cup then why while having haaland, Norway couldn't even classify in a group with turkey. Good teams have a balance between team work and individual skill, try good names without team work and you get a team like PSG. People who know about football, what do you think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2022 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
vinowo22 said:
If having the best striker in the world gave a country the chance of winning the world cup then why while having haaland, Norway couldn't even classify in a group with turkey. Good teams have a balance between team work and individual skill, try good names without team work and you get a team like PSG. People who know about football, what do you think?

Yeah ur right at the end of the day football is a team sport and Haaland won’t win a World Cup cause he hasn’t got the same quality and talent around to support him
Oct 8, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 2021
vinowo22 said:

it's just an interesting take on football, just let it be it's not that deep
Oct 8, 2022 5:05 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty sure Salah carried Egypt on his own to the world cup in 2018.

It's a proof that sometimes one superstar player is enough to change a whole team, even if obviously they would never win the world cup.

Plus Norway is in Europe while Japan is in Asia, it's different levels of competition.
Oct 8, 2022 5:05 PM

Mar 2019
Exactly what I was thinking. Haaland is arguably the greatest striker in the world right now but at the end of the day football is a TEAM sport there's only so much a striker can do if the service from his teammates are not there - i.e. Norway not even qualifying for the world cup despite having one of the best strikers in the world. However having a full team of world class players makes a massive difference - i.e. Man City this season, where Haaland has scored 15 goals in just 9 games in the Premier league thanks to the likes of players like Kevin de Bruyne. ALL 11 players are integral to the success of a team and great players bring out the best in each other; having a team of average players and the best striker isn't going to get you anywhere. At the end of the day football is a team sport and TEAMWORK > individualistic egoism - I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I just can't take this anime seriously as a football anime especially considering that it's released after Ao Ashi.
Oct 8, 2022 5:13 PM

Jan 2020
dude that anime blew my mind. love it so far.
Oct 8, 2022 5:17 PM
Oct 2022
Bruh you talking this shit in weeebs community they didn't care and mostly didn't know shit, you are clown
Oct 8, 2022 5:27 PM
Sep 2020
SA_fin said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Haaland is arguably the greatest striker in the world right now but at the end of the day football is a TEAM sport there's only so much a striker can do if the service from his teammates are not there - i.e. Norway not even qualifying for the world cup despite having one of the best strikers in the world. However having a full team of world class players makes a massive difference - i.e. Man City this season, where Haaland has scored 15 goals in just 9 games in the Premier league thanks to the likes of players like Kevin de Bruyne. ALL 11 players are integral to the success of a team and great players bring out the best in each other; having a team of average players and the best striker isn't going to get you anywhere. At the end of the day football is a team sport and TEAMWORK > individualistic egoism - I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I just can't take this anime seriously as a football anime especially considering that it's released after Ao Ashi.

Man, you're wasting your words. Blue Lock is a work of fiction and the entire idea of egoism is just convenient to the plot. No one is arguing that egoism is effective in a sport that is obviously a team sport.
Oct 8, 2022 5:40 PM

Jul 2022
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!
Oct 8, 2022 5:45 PM
Apr 2018
I think it's a fictional show.
Oct 8, 2022 5:52 PM
May 2018
MadanielFL said:
Pretty sure Salah carried Egypt on his own to the world cup in 2018.

It's a proof that sometimes one superstar player is enough to change a whole team, even if obviously they would never win the world cup.

Plus Norway is in Europe while Japan is in Asia, it's different levels of competition.

1. Yes, only to end up last with 0 points, couldn't even win against saudi arabia and they were like REALLY bad already
2. That further proves my point that the blue lock concept is flawed because winning the world cup is literally the point of the project, they literally said it like 20 times just this episode
3. You got a point but if Norway couldn't beat turkey in points despite them being no better than a decent team then they never had a chance of even getting too far in the world cup
Oct 8, 2022 5:55 PM

Mar 2019
danielsalt said:
SA_fin said:

Man, you're wasting your words. Blue Lock is a work of fiction and the entire idea of egoism is just convenient to the plot. No one is arguing that egoism is effective in a sport that is obviously a team sport.

I guess you're right, maybe I had the wrong expectations coming into it. I just expected the fiction to be somewhat grounded to reality but it seems like we're getting some form of battle royale involving egotustical strikers rather than a football anime. I guess I should have actually read the synopsis instead of getting excited that there was another 'football' anime this year. My bad.
Oct 8, 2022 6:33 PM
Apr 2018
If you use Mbappe as the comparison then the anime would make 100% sense.
Oct 8, 2022 6:47 PM
May 2018
Cectis said:

Was mbappe key for winning the world cup? Absolutely

Did he do it alone? Absolutely not. Mbappe might be spectacular but even so he needed people to back him up, he didn't even score nor assist in QF and SF, hell, even in the final he scored the 4-1 when everything was pretty much said and done, france had a whole team not just one player
Oct 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Nov 2013
This is a pretty dumb topic.

1) Blue Lock would NEVER exist in the first place because of all the logistical, ethical ,etc. problems of making hundreds of highschool athletes compete in an extreme sports competition over months and months. Like they didnt even know what they were selected for until they got there lmao. Arguing this isnt realistic is redundant.

2) IF you talk within this story's logic, the whole point is that they are basically trying to find a superstar Forward in which they say Japan lacks amongst, keyword amongst, other things too.
Oct 8, 2022 8:08 PM
May 2018
You can only really enjoy this series if you 'abandon common sense', like that Ego guy said.

I'm just concerned for the people who get their first exposure on football / soccer through the series.
Oct 8, 2022 8:25 PM

Jan 2019
Blue Lock's logic is flawed, but they did mention that Japan has first-rate teamwork, which other countries like Norway don't have.
And look at the current Japanese squad, they have great defenders like Tomiyasu and great midfielders like Kubo

But for forwards? They don't have anyone exceptionally quality ones. Blue Lock's project is to give birth to the best striker they ever had, with nothing to do with the whole squad of national team.
Oct 8, 2022 9:40 PM

Jun 2019
I think I'm gonna consume it on a fiction basis because no matter how good you become as a forward, you're not gonna carry a whole nation by yourself. You need those awesome players in the back as well. It is such dumb logic in this anime where like they're saying, Don't give a fuck about your team, just think about yourself and play for yourself. So fucking DUMB!!! At the same time, I guess they're looking for a forward in this. So, it can make sense if that's the only thing they're looking for. But, hey I'm gonna see how it actually goes...
Oct 8, 2022 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
em_doubleyou said:
You can only really enjoy this series if you 'abandon common sense', like that Ego guy said.

I'm just concerned for the people who get their first exposure on football / soccer through the series.

Exactly my concern. Yeah it's a fun show, but it's gonna turn a ton of Japanese kids into assholes who suck at soccer.
Oct 8, 2022 10:39 PM

Apr 2022
yeah well it is just an anime so it works. you can't do anything without good teammates irl obviously. also thank god haaland isn't from belgium with de bruyne bc there'd be no point in even playing a world cup. just give em the trophy lmao
Oct 8, 2022 10:49 PM
Oct 2022
vinowo22 said:
I don't think it's a good idea you literally compare the Norway team to BL. Other than Haaland and Odergaard, some players are just ehhh. In case point in Japan, every position except the attacking ones are already world class. Remember, this is "Striker-centric" story only so it doesn't have to include the midfield and defenders in this kind of logic. If there's any position that ego is essential thing, its the striker ones.
Oct 8, 2022 10:56 PM
Oct 2022
Pre_Yum said:
I think I'm gonna consume it on a fiction basis because no matter how good you become as a forward, you're not gonna carry a whole nation by yourself. You need those awesome players in the back as well. It is such dumb logic in this anime where like they're saying, Don't give a fuck about your team, just think about yourself and play for yourself. So fucking DUMB!!! At the same time, I guess they're looking for a forward in this. So, it can make sense if that's the only thing they're looking for. But, hey I'm gonna see how it actually goes...
Man, the logic is applicable only to strikers because if you noticed if you really looked closely to the majority of characters in BL, all of them played as forwards. Another case is Japan has already has some world-class players in other positions that are competitive against the "European and South American giants", therefore they really need a striker that can actually put them in the top of the world. Take for another example is Man city, where they have a really good lineup but can't win in Champions League because as much as it was a stacked team, their finishing was not their best they have. Now that they get Haaland, there's a chance they might actually get CL.
Oct 8, 2022 11:09 PM
Jul 2022
of course, there is nothing wrong with having the best striker on your team, but winning the World Cup is another thing, it's not necessary to have the best striker to win the World Cup.
the proof that having the best player isn't guarantee you to win the World Cup, just take a look at Messi and Cristiano, two players that won Ballon d'Or the most are never won the World Cup, and if you add more the 3rd - 5th (Platini, Cruyff, van Basten, all of them won the award thrice) haven't won the World Cup either..

so yeah, Blue Lock shouldn't bring that winning the World Cup in the first place, he could just say that he want to make the best striker in the world from Japan, and it's still an ambitious project
Oct 8, 2022 11:24 PM

Sep 2020
Don't quote me on this, but I think Ego said something like" Japan has quality players but all they're missing is a world-class striker". That's where Blue lock comes in. Obviously, a world-class striker doesn't guarantee you trophies as we see with that lesser North London team that has 0 major trophies in more than a decade. A world-class striker puts Japan on the map, It could make them serious contenders for the world cup.

Everything is kinda exaggerated to fit with the theme of becoming an egoist but I think the Blue lock project is something I wouldn't mind having in real life tbh.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 8, 2022 11:30 PM

Sep 2020
danielsalt said:
SA_fin said:

I don't know what you're trying to argue here, but there are literally real-life players that have made superb careers because of a big ego and an obsession with being the best player, some of which were even mentioned in the first episode of Blue lock. Some people would argue that a striker needs to think for himself in certain situations and I thought Blue lock has done a good job in showing that thus far.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 8, 2022 11:42 PM
Mar 2019
I liked the episode itself, but not knowing the original source I was quite pissed by the whole striker stuff. Not only it doesn't properly make sense in a football way, but it make the show, imo, a bit less appealing. It would've been interesting to show also very good defenders and midfielders. Also, strikers gotta play against defenders, and none of the 300 is a def, so if they play against each other they'd find dribbling and shit like that way easier, considering none of the contestants is supposed to know how to defend particularly well
Oct 8, 2022 11:47 PM
Mar 2019
Cectis said:

How so? France won 2018 cup with literally the best team, along Belgium, and they even find a way easier final against Croatia. France didn't win world cup with Mbappe, they won with Giroud, Pogba, the only decent performance of Pavard, Lloris and so on. They had and currently have an amazing team.

Maybe the best example might be Mbappe at Monaco, when they reached I believe semifinals of CL? But yet they had a more than decent team that overperformed.

And about Mbappe at PSG, well, they currently won absolutely nothing outside France. Which, for that team in that League, is literally the bare minimum, if I was a PSG coach and I wouldn't win the League, I'd make harakiri out of embarassement
Oct 9, 2022 12:02 AM

Jan 2022
Thank god I am not the only one who realized how flawed the premise of this show is.

Not just Haaland, but Lewandowski, Drogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, all of them A class strikers, all of them haven't won the wold cup. Gee I wonder why?

Maybe it's too early to judge and there's some kind of a twist coming but I'd like my shows to at least make a little bit of sense to help with the suspension of disbelief.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 9, 2022 12:08 AM

May 2021
This is less a sports anime and more a death game sorta anime, like Tomodachi Game.

Oct 9, 2022 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
SA_fin said:

Obviously,this is anime and top players like messi and ronaldo in their prime could easily impact and win some matches by themselves but not all though they are both are egoists and hence have been dominating football since 2006.
I liked the first ep and after it finishes airing I'd definitely read the manga.
Oct 9, 2022 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat are you trying to tell me anime isn't realistic!?!? It never crossed my mind before you made this post.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 9, 2022 1:26 AM

Mar 2019
ESVFELIX7 said:
SA_fin said:

Obviously,this is anime and top players like messi and ronaldo in their prime could easily impact and win some matches by themselves but not all though they are both are egoists and hence have been dominating football since 2006.
I liked the first ep and after it finishes airing I'd definitely read the manga.

Ronaldo is an egoist but I wouldn't say Messi is an egoist. Although both have been the best player for the last 15 or so years neither have been able to win the World cup. They have both been brilliant for Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively in their prime winning countless trophies but they were bever able to fully translate their abilities with their comparitively weaker national teams when it came to the World cup.
Oct 9, 2022 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
SA_fin said:
ESVFELIX7 said:

Ronaldo is an egoist but I wouldn't say Messi is an egoist. Although both have been the best player for the last 15 or so years neither have been able to win the World cup. They have both been brilliant for Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively in their prime winning countless trophies but they were bever able to fully translate their abilities with their comparitively weaker national teams when it came to the World cup.

Messi also hates losing but he doesn't show it though i have seen in some matches where he gets angry when the match doesn't go in his way and for Ronaldo,when he smiles in unfavorable situations that means he is just pissed off xd.
Oct 9, 2022 1:40 AM
Nov 2019
It’s a team sport lol em i the only weeb who actually follows football on here

Dude you need a balanced team to win a World Cup

You need a good goal keeper

Good centre backs good full backs

World class defensive midfielder or holding midfielder

And good box to box or attacking midfielders which ever tactics you want to use…

And good wingers

And finally a false nine or a world class striker

And a world class manager/coach

See the line ups of past World Cup teams who have won they have all had legends champions in them…

I can name any nation of any World Cup past and name you the starting 11

The thing with Asian football is that it’s still developing…
Unfortunately… athleticism or when it comes too football you need either to send your best youth players to Europe to the premier league

Or develop a youth academy or youth league in your country

Japan isn’t weak it’s always been producing steadily players
World class talent hard to say

But hidetoshi nakata
And Kagawa are two good midfielders from the past
And also Nakamura wasn’t that bad either
Fowards they had kazu miura but wasn’t world class..

Nakata played in serie a with as Roma 20 years ago

Kagawa played at man United in the late 2000s and early 2010s
Was good but not world class

South Korea have ho min at Tottenham spurs he’s by far Asia’s best player ever in my opinion.. to bad his rotting at spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣 spurs fans out there haha

The thing is before any Asian country can win the World Cup they gotta build a good youth academy and have a strong league or better yet send their players to Europe…

20 years of being a football fan
Spanish blood in me
Viva españa 🇪🇸
HALA MADRID. Real Madrid 👍
Oct 9, 2022 1:45 AM
Nov 2019
But I forgot to mention Japan now days they are producing good youth talent like

Abe
Takefusa kubo who both played at madrid and barca

And Real Madrid has a Japanese prodigy by the of Nakai
He’s 17-18 who knows he might carry japan to glory

Japan has send a lot of their youth players to Spain to Europe
So who knows if they will flop or make japan semi finalists at a World Cup

I know japan have been champions of Asia several times
But their opposition is
Iran
South Korea
Australia

The rest are weak lol
Oct 9, 2022 1:48 AM
Nov 2019
As I said before the weakest or second weakest continent in world of football is unfortunately Asia

Which ironic has the most population in the world haha

But it’s just football has been slow to develop over there

I mean back in 2002 World Cup japan and South Korea where hosts and they had average players and yet beat Italy and Spain… by penalties lol…
Controversially…. Some say South Korea paid the ref lol but those Italian fans…. Get angry at every thing
Oct 9, 2022 1:52 AM

Feb 2013
You are comparing Norway that last time reached World Cup was from like 24 years and japan that in last five world cups they were in top 16 of the whole 100+ countries in the world there times? Now imagine a team with players capable of being in top 16 and they have a machine sticker better than haaland million time that can score each match three to four goals even with players that don’t have that quality of pass and assist? Yea it work this is japan that is better than Norway and this the sticker from blue lock that is better than haaland.
Oct 9, 2022 1:55 AM

Nov 2016
The Blue Lock project wouldn't be approved in the first place. Executing concepts not feasible in real life is part of what makes animation so appealing don't you think? This series stands out because it's extreme, not even the characters behave like regular humans.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2022 2:06 AM
Oct 2022
vinowo22 said:

Well, i think the anime cut out a huge part of ego's speech to fit in the tag game to hype up people.

Whats missing includes ego's explanation about how japan's cog in machine teamwork mentality works well for sports like baseball with clearly defined roles, and in football it creates great midfielders and defenders that the japanese team does not lack. What they are lacking is a exceptional striker to pass the ball to and create goals, which is why ego is trying to raise a second messi/ronaldo to complete the missing piece in the national team.

Its not that they just rely on a super striker but rather they already have every other role filled with good players and they just want a top striker, hence why he said top 1 out of 300 and not top 22. This whole thing is just a tryout for the national team's striker position.
Oct 9, 2022 2:18 AM

Oct 2020
vinowo22 said:
Exatcly but Blue Lock fans still think this is the "most real depiction" of the sport...
Oct 9, 2022 2:20 AM

Oct 2020
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
As I said before the weakest or second weakest continent in world of football is unfortunately Asia

Which ironic has the most population in the world haha

But it’s just football has been slow to develop over there

I mean back in 2002 World Cup japan and South Korea where hosts and they had average players and yet beat Italy and Spain… by penalties lol…
Controversially…. Some say South Korea paid the ref lol but those Italian fans…. Get angry at every thing
some say?? brother it was the biggest robbery ever, there is a reason why that guy isnt a referee anymore
Oct 9, 2022 2:22 AM
Oct 2022
Pre_Yum said:

Its almost if they already have a national team and they just need a good striker hmm
Oct 9, 2022 2:35 AM

Apr 2009
vinowo22 said:

as far as I understood, they say it's possible to train good all football roles, but the strikers need talent, what the whole point of this is. Not to create a team but find the best striker.
Oct 9, 2022 2:35 AM

Jun 2019
Syzler said:
Pre_Yum said:

Its almost if they already have a national team and they just need a good striker hmm

It's almost as if I already mentioned something like this in my original reply but I guess people don't know how to read.
Oct 9, 2022 2:44 AM
Jan 2022
I've read the manga from the very start and I can ensure you that this is not your regular sports anime like Haikyuu!! You all won't be able to interpret it with rational football thinking so I suggest that please watch it from a different perspective than that of a logical one.

[Possible SPOILER!!!]
In the first few chapters of the manga, the mangaka has clearly described the purpose of Blue Lock project and why it only focus es on creating an absolute striker, they just haven't shown in the first episode. I hope they will clear it out as it is a very important part, it contains who is Ego Jinpachi and why him, how much Anri (the red haired girl who was standing in the wings during Ego's speech) struggled to establish the project and why Japan needs this in the first place.

Please be patient everyone, I seriously hope they will clear it out and if you can't wait, please read first few chapters of the manga. I'm again saying, this is not a regular sports anime.
Oct 9, 2022 3:09 AM
May 2021
vinowo22 said:

The key is that it gives countries a CHANCE not a guarantee. Without Haaland, would Norway even be rated as highly? Same goes to Lewandowski for Poland, Salah for Egypt, Eto'o for Cameron, Zlatan for Sweden.

Just the sheer presence of these brilliant strikers brings something more than what one midfielder, defender or keeper brings AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
Oct 9, 2022 3:19 AM
Mar 2022
vinowo22 said:

Not only in the case of haaland, lewa also can't carry Poland to the final of wc....a single player can't carry a team unless the player is Messi
Oct 9, 2022 3:55 AM
Oct 2022
Pre_Yum said:
Syzler said:

It's almost as if I already mentioned something like this in my original reply but I guess people don't know how to read.

Its almost as if you wouldnt even have to call the premise dumb in the first place if you could have thought of a logical explanation in the exact same post hmm
Oct 9, 2022 3:56 AM
Oct 2022
zero_uchiha said:
vinowo22 said:

Not only in the case of haaland, lewa also can't carry Poland to the final of wc....a single player can't carry a team unless the player is Messi

Almost as if the goal of blue lock is to make a new messi tier striker
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why is it a power point?

Leon888 - 5 hours ago

10 by DoobieSam »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

341 by erdospeet »»
May 10, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

130 by Cammell »»
May 9, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

760 by akano »»
May 8, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

184 by Cammell »»
May 8, 3:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.