Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2022 7:38 PM

Jun 2020
Absolutely phenomenal ending, it saves the little sister; while leaving so much more of the story to be continued. Sets up the second season, while also giving Shu his memories back, keeping Ayano & Kisara around as potential love interest, and bringing the little sister into the mix and creating tension between her and Kisara. I feel like we'll see Ayano and Shu's little sister team up to try and get Shu to date Ayano again.

A funny ending, a great starting point for a series that could be one of the greatest of all time.

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Sep 24, 2022 8:05 PM
Jun 2020
I think this series was actually enjoyable for the most part, though forgettable.
Sep 24, 2022 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
Lol, Shu is such a bad influence for his little sister, showing all those stuff in front of her. Love the ending, I hope there will be a second season
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 24, 2022 8:51 PM

Feb 2021
Although the ending was kind of predictable, the show itself isn't bad at all. It was enjoyable at points and was entertaining overall. Its an above average for me, not too good or bad.
Sep 24, 2022 9:59 PM
Jan 2020
So this is just an advertisement for the game...
Sep 24, 2022 10:36 PM
Apr 2022
had some cool parts, but mid like Lycoris Recoil, same studio. harem ending including his sister is kinda gross. 6/10
Sep 24, 2022 11:12 PM
Jul 2022
The ending is meme
Sep 24, 2022 11:39 PM
Aug 2017
TheIsOtaku said:
With everything finally resolved, a happy ending especially for kisara but a bit bittersweet that she didn't get her memories back although shu said he will tell her every little detail what she forgot.
But looking at how kisara powered up just like that this episode I start to wonder if their contract was even needed. Instead of seeing her as nothing more than a weapon, shu actually could have treated her nicely from the beginning and he could have let kisara wipe the floor with every demon in bayron city without any sacrifice being made and kanna would have still awakened and getting safed in the end.
The contract bothered me from the beginning and as episode 11 showed there is basically an inifite number of hidden rules and alterations possible with it. But welp the kiss power-up up through love was the implied message in the very first episode so I take it that it made a proper return at the climax.
Enjoyed the show a lot for it's messed up and emotional romance filled with ntr and sloppy kisses. The story was intriguing although a bit trashy towards the end, shu & kisara's growing relationship and development was my highlight and I would kill to see more of them. Hopefully rumors are true and the special event in january announces a second season!

From looking at Kanna, which is basically the same kind as Kisara, she is able to fight at full power without needing to consume memories or be in a contract. This led me to believe that I may have misunderstood the whole time that Kisara needed to consume memories as fuel when it's actually not true.

It turns out that the contract placed on Kisara by Shu is actually a restriction on her powers because he did not trust her and it was further made complicated by Kisara when she altered it to take control of the contract because she feared that Shu would leave her once he no longer needs her. The contract is a result of both of their insecurities in each other, and when they finally overcame it, Kisara is able to access her full powers without needing any sacrifices.
Sep 25, 2022 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
Everything about this show was fucking retarded and stupid. An absolute trainwreck without any of the actual enjoyment of watching something die.
Sep 25, 2022 2:06 AM

Sep 2011
Well, surely I will call this a flop.

Sep 25, 2022 2:56 AM

May 2013
DragonTheOne said:

From looking at Kanna, which is basically the same kind as Kisara, she is able to fight at full power without needing to consume memories or be in a contract. This led me to believe that I may have misunderstood the whole time that Kisara needed to consume memories as fuel when it's actually not true.

It turns out that the contract placed on Kisara by Shu is actually a restriction on her powers because he did not trust her and it was further made complicated by Kisara when she altered it to take control of the contract because she feared that Shu would leave her once he no longer needs her. The contract is a result of both of their insecurities in each other, and when they finally overcame it, Kisara is able to access her full powers without needing any sacrifices.

yea I started to have that theory as well, although the parts in the contract only said 'power restrictions will be lifted by a kiss' it definitely can be said that first forward the contract was for making kisara obey shu and that she collects memories from bayron city's demon hazards. What powered her up in the end during the contract were probably the happy emotions she experienced while both getting shu's memories and also from burning up her precious childhood memories. Cause of how she said at the end all she needs is courage right now so the 'I will be powered up from the strenght of our love' in episode 1 was true along wow.
Sep 25, 2022 3:26 AM

Sep 2020
Decent ending, wasn't expecting much in the first place, so it is what it is. The ending scene with Kisara, Kayano, and Kanna was funny though. Gonna miss them fighting against each other for Shuu and the kiss scenes, but that's about it. If it ever gets another season, I'm not sure I'll watch it but yeah.
Sep 25, 2022 3:32 AM
Aug 2018
humans are helpless against demons and police are really useless, the world ends if there is no best girl (kisara)

ends with kisara and kanna bickering, and the most useless (ayano) comes into a three-camp fight,
Sep 25, 2022 3:47 AM

Apr 2021
No more Ayano and Sharon weekends... which is kinda saddening but just fine coz this series ain't that impactful. 7/10

Sep 25, 2022 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
yveltalkyogre said:
This is great. I loved it, I absolutely Adore Ayano and Kisara, they are as lovely and beautiful as studying Mathematics, I love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope for a season 2.

Wtf type of comparison is that lmao XD

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 25, 2022 5:00 AM
Dec 2021
MrShoujo said:
yveltalkyogre said:
This is great. I loved it, I absolutely Adore Ayano and Kisara, they are as lovely and beautiful as studying Mathematics, I love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope for a season 2.

Wtf type of comparison is that lmao XD

They are very lovely and sexy.
Sep 25, 2022 5:17 AM

Mar 2021
Noisrev said:
Shocking how so many people think this show is even good, smh why can't Japan make a proper harem and stick to a single genre not tryna mesh fantasy to try and copy it's popular predecessors

Also Ayano or Sharon is miles better than Kisara (she ain't bad tho) but ofc first girl syndrome, and add another loli, a relative too, that will have zero chance, the absolute state of harem and romcoms romcringe

Muh memory, yeah before it's denseness now it's that to kill progress and retcon or justify things

1/10

Are you blind? How is a almost 6 score so many people thinking it is good? IT will be underrated at this point. Especially with the production values. Also the woke reviewers need to stay offline and do something productive with their lives than constantly insert their politics into anime, since they don't contribute to the industry.
Sep 25, 2022 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
Good story , great animation, awesome characters. I liked it. 8/10

Sep 25, 2022 7:48 AM

Feb 2022
The only thing I will remember from this anime is how MC poisoned the nun.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Sep 25, 2022 8:19 AM
Nov 2019
7.00 is pretty low rating… I mean story wasn’t complex but still was decent more than the rating gives it…
I guess sci fi isn’t as popular as it once was… there’s so many isekai fantasies that are being churned out….. these days
Sep 25, 2022 12:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I liked the show overall with its maturity and is "boomer" kind of plot for what could have been happened in the 00/10s but that ending was kinda disappointing, I mean that's the most predictable and generic they could do sadly :S
Sep 25, 2022 3:20 PM
Nov 2011
That's the ending we were all expecting.

I didn't think Shu could seem more disgusting before he got his memories back.

I was wrong.

I anticipated that the sister was taken and converted into something. Didn't anticipate her being a demon>

The one question in my head. Where did Kisara come from? Why do their wings come out different places? I could have sworn, when we saw that one place where she touched the staff, I could have sworn that her and the sister were a split half.

I rated it a 7 because the animation and realism. It was just barely a 7. It was predictible, it was one of thsoe things, once I got the hook I wanted to see it through.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 25, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
The ending is underwhelming but I guess it's expected
Sep 25, 2022 4:33 PM

Feb 2018
Had just the type of ending I was expecting. Wish they'd gone for something a little more unexpected but I guess this makes sense.
Sep 25, 2022 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
SoraSenpai said:
They also showed this group randomly Who are clearly somewhat important so...idk what that was all about

its for the sequel of the story in Mobile Game form called Engage Kill

you can see the trailer here https://youtu.be/QafkuPtSffI

Sep 25, 2022 6:33 PM
Aug 2018
Expected this anime would be better, but still enjoyed a ton of it.
Kind of had its ups and downs, tho.
Sep 25, 2022 7:35 PM
Jul 2017
One of my favorite shows of the season. I feel like context matters most in the way the story and certain lines are taken by audience. For people who didn't really get much out of it, thats completely fine. Context is key.
Sep 25, 2022 10:28 PM

Nov 2019
icefirestone23 said:
Noisrev said:
Shocking how so many people think this show is even good, smh why can't Japan make a proper harem and stick to a single genre not tryna mesh fantasy to try and copy it's popular predecessors

Also Ayano or Sharon is miles better than Kisara (she ain't bad tho) but ofc first girl syndrome, and add another loli, a relative too, that will have zero chance, the absolute state of harem and romcoms romcringe

Muh memory, yeah before it's denseness now it's that to kill progress and retcon or justify things

1/10

Are you blind? How is a almost 6 score so many people thinking it is good? IT will be underrated at this point. Especially with the production values. Also the woke reviewers need to stay offline and do something productive with their lives than constantly insert their politics into anime, since they don't contribute to the industry.

Imagine taking MAL scoring system seriously lol read comments bro

Also I never even said anything woke, you projecting or something?
Sep 25, 2022 10:58 PM
Mar 2021
Nice ending 🙂
Is there any announcement S2?
Sep 26, 2022 12:06 AM

Jul 2016
This anime had an interesting start but lulled shortly after. I will say the last episode did a fine job of offering closure.
Sep 26, 2022 12:21 AM
May 2021
The ending felt so rushed bruh 😂, I mean wtf just happened. Asmodeus dead or alive? his sister is normal now, interepted the potential seggs scene at end lol. Except the rushed ending I liked the series overall. Art style was really good 👌🏻, 8/10
Sep 26, 2022 5:30 AM

May 2018
ok so it really is the end of the show. Why is Kanna part of the harem now xD anyways Kisara is back to normal even if her memories aren't back yet. Still surprised that Shu had no kiss with Ayano since ep 5.

6/10
Sep 26, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Loved it! As i stated perviously to all, nobody would win. And i agree. I know Kisara cares and has done a lot for Shuu but still, her attitude towards Ayano is just too much. So i actually don't want them together. Ayano as well doesn't deserve Shuu. I would ship Kanna but she is Shu's little sister so can't do that. So i fully agree that nobody wins in the end. Great episode and ending! Loved it!!
Sep 26, 2022 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
TheIsOtaku said:
With everything finally resolved, a happy ending especially for kisara but a bit bittersweet that she didn't get her memories back although shu said he will tell her every little detail what she forgot.
But looking at how kisara powered up just like that this episode I start to wonder if their contract was even needed. Instead of seeing her as nothing more than a weapon, shu actually could have treated her nicely from the beginning and he could have let kisara wipe the floor with every demon in bayron city without any sacrifice being made and kanna would have still awakened and getting safed in the end.
The contract bothered me from the beginning and as episode 11 showed there is basically an inifite number of hidden rules and alterations possible with it. But welp the kiss power-up up through love was the implied message in the very first episode so I take it that it made a proper return at the climax.
Enjoyed the show a lot for it's messed up and emotional romance filled with ntr and sloppy kisses. The story was intriguing although a bit trashy towards the end, shu & kisara's growing relationship and development was my highlight and I would kill to see more of them. Hopefully rumors are true and the special event in january announces a second season!

For me it's the opposite. The early season was okay. but not above the ordinary. but the ending was good. nobody won in the end and i honestly agree with that. since it is not a romance anime. it is basically an anime where an mc is saving his family which is his sister Kanna and getting to know the truth of what happened to his family. so for me it was a great ending where they just end it in a typical harem romcom style where all three just fight for the mc's love! great episode!!!
Sep 26, 2022 7:59 AM

May 2013
sry but I don't understand some people saying it ended in a harem route just cause of one single comedic scene. Kanna is just the blood related sister so she is out, shu broke up with ayano years ago and there wasn't any notable romantic development between them during the show and it was even hinted during the last episodes that she basically gave up on him. There were enough scenes in episodes 12 & 13 that shu and kisara are a couple now, at most you could say it ended in a romcom route where the other characters at least try to somewhat interfere or cockblock the main couple. And it fits perfectly this way, after all the hardships and drama shu x kisara got their happy ending while ayano and kanna bother their privacy.
Sep 26, 2022 8:17 AM

Jan 2022
The ending is not clear like this which is a bit unpleasant to watch. This anime from the start was not a good anime but there were some quite entertaining moments. If the ending was a good anime it might add value to this anime.

I will give 6/10 because there are parts that are quite entertaining.
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Sep 26, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 2020
gimme season 2 pls XD
Sep 26, 2022 9:13 AM

Sep 2021
This ending was rather bad. It basically tells you to play their gacha game to find out the continuation of all the other plot points such as the stuff regarding Asmodeus. And Kanna's current status is that she has to be locked up all the time which really makes this ending rather unsatisfactory. I know she can get out of confinement whenever she wants to but having people constantly going around to force her back into confinement is still not good. IMO, it would have been better if they just let Kanna be with her brother similar to Kisara.

While I enjoyed this more than the other anime by A-1 this season, objectively speaking this ranks lower than that other anime. The notable things achieved throughout the series was: Shu got all his memories back, he got his sister back, he finally fell in love with best-girl Kisara and he now has a harem of girls fighting for his attention. Other than getting back Kanna, the over-arching plot involving Asmodeus was completely forgotten and left to the gacha game to-be-released. This really brought down the anime for me (I mean, we all know the fate of gacha games and how most of them close down in a couple months depending on the revenue especially for these "multi-media projects"...)
Sep 26, 2022 9:49 AM
Feb 2021
very very cool anime

recomended
Sep 26, 2022 11:58 AM

May 2019
I enjoyed this anime, more satisfying ending than some of the others of this season but I do agree that there are a lot of unanswered questions. I was a bit surprised that it ended in a somewhat lighthearted fashion though, especially with seeing Kanna eating at Shuu's place in the dark lol.

I really enjoyed the artstyle and the production values were great. I mostly enjoyed the storyline with the mix of action with SoL and romcom genres. I may check out the game when it releases but I would definitely check out a second cour/season 2 if it happens. Overall I give this anime an 8/10.
Sep 26, 2022 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
Nice close out. Enjoyed the way the story lines hit and climax and we got a decent end, with a little after care and some harem jealousy with MC and his girls. Loved it! If we get a 2nd season, I expect it too get even wilder on the monster front! Also reminded me of the Strike the Blood story with the island setting and outside forces. Not that I mind.
Roch2001Sep 26, 2022 1:12 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 27, 2022 3:42 AM
Jun 2021
Man the ending is predictable, but I do think that Sharon should also join in the last scene too.
Sep 27, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2019
Not sure what all those reviews complaining about not being able to follow the plotline were talking about, as the event progression is pretty straight-forward here (and it has a bunch of exposition/recaps as well).

Regardless, the series ended up a pretty solid mix of romantic comedy, personal drama, and action. The main flaw ends up being the protagonist... who's incredibly scummy.
Sep 27, 2022 9:59 AM
May 2014
Cameo from mobile game cast would confuse people who didn't know it existed.

I'm wondering why Kanna had the lights off in the apartment while eating all that food.

Ayano was best character in the show and why I watched in the first place.
Sep 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2020
Yea… while this was somewhat entertaining it ended up being disappointing. I thought it would get better midway but it’s just another one of the lacklustre summer anime for me.
Sep 28, 2022 9:38 AM

Nov 2014
Such a waste... Kisara was the best thing about this anime, and they end with her losing memories. As always yandere character gets "fixed". No love for crazy. At least in that last scene she behaved more like her old self, so there is hope that her personality didn't change that much.

As for story (who cares about it anyway?), nothing ended. I'd expect an original anime with no sequel announced to be more complete than some random LN adaptation.

On the bright side that final Kanna scene was nice. I wouldn't mind some special with just their interactions after ep. 13.
JustAnotherShiroSep 28, 2022 9:45 AM
Sep 28, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
the animation and character designs were great but the whole series was let down by bad dialogue. it felt like a budget version of Magical Index. No bad but very meh. 6/10
Sep 29, 2022 4:34 PM
Sep 2022
very good serie , liked a lot
Sep 29, 2022 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
I came for Kisara, I stayed for the cat fight.

7/10, a fun popcorn entertainment and that's all it needed to be.
Sep 30, 2022 5:09 PM

Jan 2022
It was ok I guess, atleast the final minutes were very good. Sad it didn't follow this path but instead tried to be too serious.
I like everything, ok
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

71 by Shakti-- »»
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.