Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2022 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
So they decided to go with a summer festival theme episode for the finale, even though this could've been any other episode in the series. Meh.

We did get to see a kiss though, which seems to been build up from the start. I'm also not really surprised that Mizuto and Yume are the main focus again. They've been the core of the show after all. Thank God this anime is over at last, although I have to admit that Yume looks nice in a yukata.
Sep 21, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
Of course, what's a final episode like without the summer festival-like festivities with relatives, the stepsiblings forced to join Madoka and their kid cousin Chikuma.

The line between a relationship and stepsiblings really blurs at the finale where handholding is normal for the latter, but Yume and Mizuto aren't just mere stepsiblings. And since Yume hasn't quite had the feeling of being a sibling yet, everything is just like their couple times...a la chest squishing onto the back.

Mizuto being socially awkward, the summer festival is just too much for him, and he prefers alone time instead. This is when Yume realized that she hadn't seen the side of Mizuto that was completely closed from her, and to the latter, someone who just whizzed by the lies and fabrication of life that brought him back to reality thanks to fiction.

The night talk between not stepsiblings but ex-lovers, reveals that to Mizuto, everything's a game, and whoever comes first is treated first (Yume, if not Higashira). But to Yume, it's the realization that she could relive her life now not as his girlfriend, but as his stepsister, and seal that with her 2nd first kiss (which looks cringe NGL).

The whole friendship angle, with those external factors, it's just the typical messed-up friendship possible.

Part of me feels like this really cannot get rid of Project No. 9's similar premise (a la Tomozaki-kun) that's just average cringe.
KANLen09Sep 21, 2022 8:33 AM
Sep 21, 2022 5:47 AM

Apr 2020
I expected a cringy romcom and that's what I got.
I nearly dropped it because of the towel scene of ep.1 but I powered it through and ep.11 saved it from being bad.
5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 21, 2022 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
Not really what i expected the main characters where mostly trying to annoy each other till they actually realised they still liked each other.
This episode seems to have had a good impact on their relationship but it seemed they ran out of time before the anime finished.

As for their relationship it might still work but the seriously need to change their behaviour towards each other, the aren't blood related so i would not call it incest if they pursue a relation tho it might be hard to explain to their parents.
Things might also get awkward if their parents decide to have another child since that would mean a sibling for both the main characters, and for the sibling it would mean having to siblings that date each other.
Sep 21, 2022 6:30 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yume looks great in her yukata. Chikuma and Madoka are also here.
Her and Mizuto go to the festival and Yume holds his hand because of some nonsensical logic xD.
Madoka tells Yume she should go support Mizuto with the shooting game and she holds onto his back lol. But Yume falls over and her OPPAI touch his back!
Luckily, Mizuto shoots down a toy for Chikuma.
When it is about time for the fireworks, Mizuto seems to have run off to somewhere.
Yume goes to look for him.
Mizuto doesn't feel as if he is really living in this world but when he met Yume he felt pity for her and realised people thought the same of him also.
She finds him eventually and they talk for a bit.
The fireworks finally fire and they both watch them together.
And YUME KISSES HIM!
As a declaration of war on his heart lol.
Her goal is to pursue him and become his boyfriend!

HIGASHIRA IS STILL BEST GIRL THOUGH!

This show was a decent adaptation of the LN but unless my memory is bad, they cut out a pretty important scene at the end of volume 3 (iirc) with Minami and Kawanami.
Rem4lifexDSep 21, 2022 6:35 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 21, 2022 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
I feel like the author really trying hard for this to be deep, it's like the embodiment of "I'm 14 and this is deep" subreddit in Anime. lol

my god the cringe when Yume kiss Mizuto not as Ayai but as her step-siblings.

and she said this line "I... Yume Irido will pursue you and make you my boyfriend." Sorry What?

5/10 just average cringe and most people will probably forget about this series after Summer 2022 end.
was hoping to be more spicy than this with this kind of title.
Sep 21, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2017
Really sweet finale, Yume took the initiative and kissed Mizuto. She's gonna remove her old self who's occupying Mizuto's heart and fill it with her current self. I'd very much like to see that happen so give me season 2.
Sep 21, 2022 7:01 AM

Dec 2021
Atleast we get to see more Madoka this episode who keeps reminding me of Mizuki from Lycoreco. The thing with Mizuto and Yume trying to sneak in acting as lovers is ugh cringy and they constantly reminisce their past relationship instead of talking about their future as stepsiblings or whatever it is called.

I may write a review later but I give this a 5/10 because of Higashira being the best girl of the show plus some laughing moments especially from episode 9 with their past where both of them got worse communication skills than Komi-san. If anyone wants another stepsibling romance story but better, check out Gimai Seikatsu.
Sep 21, 2022 7:02 AM
Nov 2021
The definition of mid no further elaboration if u have to give a fucking essay to describe this show there’s something wrong with you
Sep 21, 2022 7:02 AM
Nov 2021
davidyodo24 said:
I feel like the author really trying hard for this to be deep, it's like the embodiment of "I'm 14 and this is deep" subreddit in Anime. lol

my god the cringe when Yume kiss Mizuto not as Ayai but as her step-siblings.

and she said this line "I... Yume Irido will pursue you and make you my boyfriend." Sorry What?

5/10 just average cringe and most people will probably forget about this series after Summer 2022 end.
was hoping to be more spicy than this with this kind of title.

Ur spitting bro😭
Sep 21, 2022 7:05 AM

Dec 2021
Wednesdays With mizuto kun and yume chan are over now.
It was a good finale, and i don't regret watching this anime.

(ʘᴗʘ✿)
AbyqueSep 21, 2022 7:12 AM
Sep 21, 2022 7:16 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty wholesome watch overall imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2022 7:27 AM
Jan 2021
How to make a bad romcom
Step 1: Make a really dislikeable female mc
Step 2: Make the male mcs character dumb to make him be with female mc
Step 3: Make extremely likeable girl automatically lose in the second episode she's in
Step 4: Write bad backstory for mc's to literally make female mc look like a bitch
Step 5: cope that higashira didnt win (literally forgot all the characters names except higashira she literally was just that likeable)
The end
Sep 21, 2022 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
The BGM during the firework scene is so good. So far my favorite of the season.

Sep 21, 2022 7:39 AM
Sep 2021
Good ending of the season, Yume is now ready to start a new chapter in her life by accepting Irido as her boyfriend and she will do it as Yume irido.

I give this series 6/10.
Sep 21, 2022 7:44 AM
Aug 2022
most romance anime ends with a fire work festival
though the anime was good
took too long to air but it was a hit
Sep 21, 2022 7:45 AM
Feb 2021
this serries was a lot better then i thought it would be still Higashira best girl though
Sep 21, 2022 8:07 AM

Oct 2021
Finally it ended!

I give this one a 4/10
Sep 21, 2022 8:10 AM
Jul 2022
This show is really good and decent asf compared to other step siblings relationship anime. This episode was great. And the overall show was really good. Some people just hate on it and rate it low before even watching it because of the title and step siblings relationship. And some other people just get mixed up with those people and hate on it and rate it low just because the majority of people hating it is more than the liking. But they'll still watch no matter what. Stupid.
Sep 21, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 2022
its ok but i need more romance like sis comp and bro comp
Sep 21, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2021
Damn episode was amazing!!!!

Yume-chan's declaration of war!!!!

I would really like to see it's 2nd season!!
Can somebody tell me from where can i start Manga/LN after anime???

Sep 21, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2021
didn't expected that kiss scene lol. I really liked the art style + Dialogues in this anime. Nice development till the end. Loved it! I hope season 2 comes
Sep 21, 2022 8:26 AM

Mar 2021
gonna miss the banger opening
Sep 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
The author wants for this middle school crush relationship that lasted all of a few months to be so deep but it’s really not lol

The kiss scene at the festival was cute, even tho I don’t like her and higashira clearly best girl, I will give Yume credit for taking initiative and getting over her fear. In the past she really regretted not having the initiative to tell irido to stay or when they were alone at his house, so it shows her character growth.

Relationship wise tho, the two are extremely stagnant and I haven’t seen any growth over the season that would really make this a worthwhile viewing experience. I think it had some nice moments, but ultimately was a fleeting show that we’ll forget about in a few months.
Sep 21, 2022 8:50 AM

Sep 2018
Ah lovely, the show redeems itself in the final episode.

After a few weeks of dragging Ayai Yume through the mud, Irido Yume emerges and takes the reins.

Mizuto may have fallen in love with Ayai Yume by chance, but Irido Yume will ensure he falls for her by design.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 21, 2022 8:56 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoy a lot with this anime

I swear in future have a second season
Sep 21, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2010
Man, that protagonist was such an annoying, emotionally inept wet blanket. Yume wasn't that much better though. I'll give it a gracious 7/10 just for Higashira.
Sep 21, 2022 9:09 AM
Oct 2018
tired from incest story
Sep 21, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 2021
1isei said:
tired from incest story

this is not incest. they're literally not related by blood.
Sep 21, 2022 9:25 AM
Jun 2022
I think that's a good ending
But I still hope than Higashira play a part in next season (if any)
Sep 21, 2022 9:26 AM
Sep 2015
When this show promise me a "rivalry" between ex-couple I kinda expect the same rivalry level as Kaguya-sama or Kishuku Juliet or Koi wa Sekai or Rikei ga Koi.... now you can tell how disappoint I am after finishing this.
Sep 21, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
Hrgcf666 said:
1isei said:
tired from incest story

Cry harder 2005 KEKW not blood correlated and not incest

exactly!! all these people calling it incest nd alabama, can't even put their heads together to think
Sep 21, 2022 9:31 AM

Oct 2021
Hrgcf666 said:
Probably the best anime festival episode

>account is a day old
>obviously a troll
>opinion rejected
Sep 21, 2022 9:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh they damn they really went for a kiss even though they're not supposed to be a couple anymore... and this time under the fireworks, I guess the story is really starting from now but anyway that was some pretty good guilty pleasure anime, of course the plot is pretty dumb but that's what makes it that entertaining
Sep 21, 2022 9:38 AM
Jun 2020
well. they kissed now, Yume now announced her goal... finally
Ending on a summer festival is ok but I feel like Mizuto 'stort' is still lacking in some ways.

not the best final ep it was ok-ish... it's understandable though the whole show is ok-ish too
6/10
Sep 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Aug 2020
I did not expected going for 'it'. Decent finale, wouldn't mind watching sequel if it gets one cause I want to watch more of Higashira vs Kawanami. Overall 6/10.
Sep 21, 2022 9:43 AM
Jan 2020
people has shit taste
Sep 21, 2022 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
I like how Mizuto referenced No Longer Human and talked about Kokoro. Really great books (definitely recommend them both).

This episode really showed Mizuto's connection to books and expressing his feelings toward Yume.
And now that Yume is starting to see Mizuto for himself they are starting to move past their break up.
Definitely looking forward to how they move forward in the web novel.

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that Kawanami didn't meet Isana already.
What was he doing all that time when the gals were trying to get Mizuto and Isana together anyway?
Sep 21, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 2021
mizuto has some good taste in novels😁
Sep 21, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2015
arnav_joshi said:

Can somebody tell me from where can i start Manga/LN after anime???

The manga is still only in Japanese at the moment.

However, in regards to the light novels, J-novel club has translated a few of the volumes. Volume 4 will be out on October 3rd.

If I have heard correctly, this episode is around the end of Volume 4.
Fortunately they are working on Volume 5 at the moment but it seems as though that won't be out until December 21st.
hai_X_isSep 21, 2022 4:41 PM
Sep 21, 2022 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
I liked watching this but it's not a must-watch, 6.5 or 7 out of 10
Sep 21, 2022 10:07 AM
Oct 2019
Badonkers said:
Hrgcf666 said:
Probably the best anime festival episode

>account is a day old
>obviously a troll
>opinion rejected

Already been reported.
The post was already gone.
Sep 21, 2022 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Yume looks so gorgeous in the kimono. Nice win for Yume on holding hands though. Madoka though really is having fun messing with them though. In his heart the person that he values the most is already filled with Yume huh. In a way while their initial spilt was sad it did give her this chance of learning more about Mizuto than she ever could have. The children borne from single parents always have the hardest lives thats for sure. Their little talk at the shrine within the forest though was cute. Perfect setting for fulfilling the promise that they couldn't make last year. But man what a bold move plus declaration that Yume made there though. The mutual intro of Kawanami and Isana though was pretty fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2022
Wasn't bad. Didn't seem like it was rushed and I kind of liked mizuto's backstory. It's a bit different from other backstories. Did expect a kiss which we got. The friend vs friend argument was a bit funny. saw a reference of another ln (saekano). ngl but I like mizuto more than yume, he just seems mature. Don't have much expectations for a s2 but if it gets one, I'm gonna watch it. 6.9/10
Sep 21, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime! I love yume, She is so Hot!! I also really like Mizuto.
Sep 21, 2022 10:15 AM

Oct 2021
davidyodo24 said:
Badonkers said:

>account is a day old
>obviously a troll
>opinion rejected

Already been reported.
The post was already gone.

Finally, good riddance of that nuisance.
Sep 21, 2022 10:21 AM

Aug 2021
well i mean... it wasn't the worst show i've ever watched
Sep 21, 2022 10:25 AM
Dec 2021
I just looooved this series <3, I enjoyed it all the way.
Sep 21, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2021
LOL I don't know what to make of this episode. We got the summer festival episode and for once no one's sandals broke this time.

That kiss was so random, that declaration of replacing Ayai with Irido was so weird. It all just came outta nowhere. Yume has finally accepted THE INCEST CULTURE and seems pretty keen to make Mizuto her own which is pretty weird, imagine the look on the faces of the relatives who she just so politely saw off when they find out what Yume is trying to do. Yume and Mizuto are absolutely gonna destroy the whole family atmosphere for some middle-school love. Mizuto not choosing Hogashira is also just plot armour at this point, not that I dislike Yume but still, Higashira seems like the more viable and actually possible choice but nope, gonna be hung-up on Yume chan even though there's no real possibility for them to get together, unless they just fool around when their parents are not home, otherwise completely out of the question.

Their conversations are still very fun though.

They both have admitted that the feelings are still there and they can't forget them and now they will have a new tale, THE INCEST TALE.

They added that Hihashira and Kogure scene just to show all the characters one last time.

Overall this was a decent anime, enjoyable to watch weekly. 7/10 for this anime. I don't really care if this gets a second season or not, if it gets then I'll watch it, not holding my breath for a new season.
TsutanaiFuunSep 21, 2022 10:44 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 21, 2022 10:43 AM

May 2019
This was a decent romcom but it's too bad that it did not have a satisfying conclusion. It seems that they will carry on as step-siblings and possibly date on the side? (That's what I'm assuming will happen based on the kiss that occurred). I have no idea if they will make a season 2 but I understand the manga is still ongoing. I would have liked to see more of Isana and its arguable that she may be the best girl, even Mizuto himself said that if he had met Isana before Yume he'd be going out with her. I give this a 7/10.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2022

102 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.