Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Oof, misunderstandings. Once again, we get swimsuits in this episode seemingly for the sake of some relaxing fun outside.

At least Yume and Mizuto were able to make up this episode.
Sep 14, 2022 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like the new girl is pretty sharp to the feelings of other and she seems to have good intentions but is bad at telling a lie.
And that could be interesting the question of course is wether she will appear again.
It was a good episode for character development between the mains and finally they where not trying to each other for ones which made this a good episode.
I do think next week might be intense again tho.
Sep 14, 2022 7:05 AM
Oct 2019
Yume is so dumb for real, where she get that Madoka was Mizuto first love?
my god teenager problem, overthinking stuff.

It ain't that deep girl. LMAO

also why the f Madoka shipping them? there is no way real people act like this.

1 more episode to end this boring Anime.
Sep 14, 2022 7:21 AM

Jan 2021
Mizuto and Yume going to their grandparents, how fun.

Mizuto only reading while others are having the time of their lives, Mizuto really doesn't like swimming lol.

Yume thinking Madoka is Mizuto's first love (kinda dumb to realize that but alright) but Mizuto's first love really is Yume but Yume realized that afterwards and starts blushing, cute.

Mizuto reading the autobiography from his Great Grandfather each year, how generous of him.

Anyhow interesting episode.
Sep 14, 2022 7:25 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, Irido, and his family go to their relations house to spend the summer, there Yume and her mother both meet their new relatives and we get more depth into Irido his childhood, and his character also.

I give it 5/10.
Sep 14, 2022 8:07 AM
Aug 2021
Really not satisfied with the episodes, quite some bits are wasted for the swimsuit stuff and so little time for the emotional bit. Only one episode left, it’s either than this get a second season or they make a rush end here.
Sep 14, 2022 8:33 AM
May 2022
it was just adorable moments
Sep 14, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
At the cusp of Yume's flashback of her relationship days with Mizuto, it certainly was as a fresh couple would be in their beginning stages.

The Iridos' family visit to their father's Uncle Mineaki Tanesato family to spend the summer, and it was certainly like a family gathering every once in a while. Of the family relations, Madoka is the gargantuan person who has been watching Mizuto very closely since his birth, but for Mizuto still being a boy of few words.

So, we get to understand how Mizuto's love for books came to be, and it started with his great-grandad's autobiography that sucked him in deep, and that impression left on him ever since, and sharing the book with Yume makes it one of his deep secrets that he will only share to those whom he cares about. Mizuto's a bookworm that's secluded from the outside world...but girl, how could you deduce that his first love is defo Madoka just by his short description alone???

For someone that lives in complete isolation, Yume, like any other overthinking girl, assumes that the secluded Mizuto's first love is someone that's very close to him, but the conversation between her and Madoka immediately is telling that it dismisses the notion that both of them are close to one another. Thinking that she's the problem to his now anti-social life thanks to the break-up, Yume decides to confront Mizuto on her mistakes and tell of what she truly feels towards him, but Mizuto just simply breaks it to Yume that she was his first love instead after that confusing and rhetoric question.

It's just that simple: Yume was the person Mizuto desired as his love interest, that's all.
Sep 14, 2022 8:36 AM
May 2022
davidyodo24 said:

you don't have to watch it if you dont like it
Sep 14, 2022 8:47 AM
Sep 2022
Ya queda menos para que los dos se den cuenta de lo que quieren en realidad. El problema es confundir amor con nostalgia Yume
Sep 14, 2022 8:52 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We get to see more into the past of Yume who realised she loved Mizuto.
Mizuto and Yume as well as their parents are meeting Mizuto's grandma.

Wait a second, did I just forget or did they skip the part in the LN where Minami and Kawanami reconcile? And now this is LN 4 which will be Tl'ed by October it seems.
Strange if so.

Madoka comes and hugs him as soon as she sees him xD.
She is one of Mizuto's father's uncle's grandchildren.
She says that she knows what is going on when she looks at Yume.
They are having a barbecue at the beach!
Madoka is jealous of Yume's thinness.
Mizuto leaves as he doesn't want to swim but Madoka makes sure Yume doesn't and they jump in the water lol.
Later on in the evening, Yume comes to tell Mizuto it is time for a bath and she sees him closing a book without using a bookmark.
Seems it is his great granddad's self-published book he reads everytime he comes here.
Yume is interested so Mizuto passes it to her and says she can read it if she wants.
She cries whilst reading it and it stains the book. Though there are already tear marks on it from Mizuto.
When he comes back, Yume asks Mizuto about his first love and he tells her she loved to laugh.

JUST FROM THAT SHE IS CONVINCED IT IS MADOKA??!
THIS IS WHY NO ONE LIKES YOU YUME AND HIGASHIRA IS BEST GIRL!

The next day, Yume is acting strangely around Madoka.
Then Madoka asks her if she is in love with Mizuto.
Yume isn't sure and asks what feeling in love like is.
Madoka says she will help her out!
Then she brings Mizuto to a small area where Yume is and says to search for a lightbulb in one of the drawers xD.
What a bad lie lol.
Yume doesn't know what to say to Mizuto.
But she tells herself nothing will change if she doesn't.
She never wanted them to break up and she wishes that she called him that summer.
She starts crying and then Mizuto tells her just for this moment they can go back in time and hugs her.
When she calms down, she asks Mizuto about how Madoka must be his first love.
Of course, she was wrong!
When Yume laughs, he says he did tell her his first love liked to laugh!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 14, 2022 9:06 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 14, 2022 8:53 AM

Oct 2021
Dumbass Yume for assuming and overthinking shit.

2/5
Sep 14, 2022 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
the main character has so much game it’s actually insane, he is running circles around the women with his replies mp wonder he got his own step-sister thirsting over him. he is one of the romance protagonists of all time
Sep 14, 2022 9:04 AM
Jan 2021
Badonkers said:
Dumbass Yume for assuming and overthinking shit.

2/5

the best part of the show has come to be the main character having the best romance game i seen on someone for a while and the green haired girl being superior to everyone else yet getting snubbed every episode. even the main character knows that hes dumb for still being in love for yume. ill still watch it though im dumb af
Sep 14, 2022 9:18 AM
Aug 2022
A bit weird but was weirdly good
Sep 14, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
Well fuck, in the end she didn't tell him jack shit. Give me back my hopes and dreams. Not that I disliked the episode but I expected more out of it.
Sep 14, 2022 10:00 AM

Sep 2017
That moment when you just met your step cousin and she's analyzing how much you want to fuck your step brother and is supportive in that endeavor.

Also man this show just treats Yume like shit. Why are we going off about how hard it was for a single dad to raise his son and how Yume now feels she needs to be a great sister to keep the family happy. Hello Yume?? You were raised by a single mom you stupid fuck, but yeah okay your only purpose to is make our MC happy by being a good woman so I guess it checks out. Jesus fucking christ
Sep 14, 2022 10:07 AM

Aug 2021
nice PowerPoint presentation... studio must have been working off of a $7 budget for this episode
Sep 14, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2021
Ah this was good.

Bruh who gets into bed at fucking 8PM? What's wrong with Middle school Ayai

For some reason Ayai looks cuter with the jacket on top of the swisuit than with just the swisuit, that hat was a nice addition as well.

It's so cool to have auto-biography of your great-grandfather and no less it's something only you've ever read.

For some reason I've been hearing the word "Hatsukoi" so many times from the past 3 days. The word is used in every anime I'm watching these past few days lol.

It was surprsing to see Madoka being so un-bothered about the thought that Yume might be in love with Mizuto. Is she too a firm beliver in the culture of Alabama?

The last scene was so cute, "Like I said, my first love loved to laugh". That was a critical hit for Ayai haha.

With this just one more episode left, I wonder how this will end. I hope we get a Season 2, this hasn't been the best show but it was enjoyable to watch it every week.
TsutanaiFuunSep 14, 2022 10:11 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 14, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 2015
Yume doesn't deserve to be treated poorly by a guy who exploit her insecure.
Sep 14, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2019
TsutanaiFuun said:
Ah this was good.

For some reason Ayai looks cuter with the jacket on top of the swisuit than with just the swisuit, that hat was a nice addition as well.

It's so cool to have auto-biography of your great-grandfather and no less it's something only you've ever read.

For some reason I've been hearing the word "Hatsukoi" so many times from the past 3 days. The word is used in every anime I'm watching these past few days lol.

It was surprsing to see Madoka being so un-bothered about the thought that Yume might be in love with Mizuto. Is she too a firm beliver in the culture of Alabama?

The last scene was so cute, "Like I said, my first love loved to laugh". That was a critical hit for Ayai haha.

With this just one more episode left, I wonder how this will end. I hope we get a Season 2, this hasn't been the best show but it was enjoyable to watch it every week.

The last scene where he make him laugh and saying that his "hatsukoi" loves to laugh is such a smooth chad move in my opinion. About Madoka being unbothered, I mean all of them is just step step, so even if they develop some kind of relationship, isn't fine? (I'm not sure how it works, just asking)
Sep 14, 2022 10:30 AM

May 2019
When Mizuto, Yume, and their parents met the relatives I thought that the shy boy was Isana for a minute there lol. I actually hoped that she somehow was able to tag along.

Yume assumed too much again and thought that Madoka was Mizuto's first love /ugh. Madoka is a keen observer though and she knew Yume has feelings for Mizuto and she set them up to have some alone time. Mizuto was smooth in clearing up Yume's assumption and it was cute seeing her blush at the end. I'm thinking the last episode will end with them probably being as close as when they were previously dating.
Sep 14, 2022 10:34 AM

Jul 2021
ReynaldyKwok said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
Ah this was good.

The last scene where he make him laugh and saying that his "hatsukoi" loves to laugh is such a smooth chad move in my opinion.
Yes I loved that, it was a great scene.

And I think if they do develop some kind of romanctic relationship then it could possibly ruin the atmosphere in the family. I mean the single parents just got married and now their children are getting romantically involved? That'd be too much I think. Madoka probably doesn't understand all this or maybe I'm missing something or Madoka just belives in the culture of Alabama, who knows?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 14, 2022 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
ProofByColor said:
That moment when you just met your step cousin and she's analyzing how much you want to fuck your step brother and is supportive in that endeavor.

Also man this show just treats Yume like shit. Why are we going off about how hard it was for a single dad to raise his son and how Yume now feels she needs to be a great sister to keep the family happy. Hello Yume?? You were raised by a single mom you stupid fuck, but yeah okay your only purpose to is make our MC happy by being a good woman so I guess it checks out. Jesus fucking christ

Were you just noticing now how Mizuto is really the only main character in this show.

The author always goes to lengths to make sure Ayai is bested in one way or another. To begin with I thought they were working towards something and would balance the equation in the back half of the show. But no, this is all about Mizuto being a proxy for every sad fuck out there who thinks doing nothing but read makes them deep.

And look, now the author has him crying over a book, look at his emotions, see how real they are. You can't beat that can you Ayai, all your despair and suffering bested by a tear stain on a book page.

borderlinerSep 14, 2022 11:29 AM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 14, 2022 10:41 AM

Sep 2017
borderliner said:
ProofByColor said:

Were you just noticing now how Mizuto is really the only main character in this show.

The author always goes to lengths to make sure Ayai is bested in one way or another. To begin with I thought they were working towards something and would balance the equation in the back half of the show. But no, this is all about Mizuto being a proxy for every sad fuck out there who thinks doing nothing but read makes them deep.

And look, now the author has him crying over a book, look at his emotions, see how real they are. You can't beat that can you Ayai, all your despair and suffering bested buy a tear stain on a book page.

Well said internet stranger. I was really hoping this show would be an incest filled dumpster fire I could laugh at and enjoy. Instead it's this cringey rom-com where the MC reads alone beneath a tree by the river while the rest of his family socializes.
Sep 14, 2022 10:58 AM
Feb 2022
mizuto sinceramente eres bobo
Sep 14, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
"Ayai!"
literal goosebumps!!
damn bruh, too good episode ending

arnav_joshiSep 14, 2022 11:09 AM
Sep 14, 2022 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
I always like seeing Mizuto being smooth lol
Sep 14, 2022 11:41 AM
Apr 2021
The anime basically skims through all the development of Hime and Mizuto's feelings towards each other to the extent that I don't understand their motivation. Moreover, it does not convey the sensitiveness of the characters. For example, in the original light novel, there is a complete development of Hime's misunderstanding about Mizuto's first love-from speculation at her first impression, to the observation of their interaction, to discussion with Akatsuki, and eventually to raising the question directly. However, all the intermediate steps are skipped in the anime. The anime should slow its pace and focus more on portraying different characters' feelings.
tcsxxsSep 14, 2022 11:44 AM
Sep 14, 2022 11:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The two of them were soo cute together when they were a pair. So the first visit to the family after their marriage huh trying times indeed for Yume's mother. Second cousins huh. But man Mizuto sure has quite a large family. Being a single parent really is hard so being able to raise Yume and Mizuto by themselves really showed just how hard their parents worked. Madoka was a great character to add to the narrative though. Hmm i can see where Mizuto inherited his love of books from. Real curious about the bio though given Mizuto and Yume's reactions as they read it. But it was nice to see Yume be able to talk to Madoka about her own feelings. Though Yume wasn't able to voice her thoughts at the very least you can see just how many regrets she had when they split.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2022 12:24 PM

Sep 2020
Yume met Mizuto's family, and she thought his first love is his cousin. She also spent some time together thinking about their past, wonder how will the next episode conclude.
Sep 14, 2022 12:26 PM
Oct 2019
Wat3rCrushertime said:
davidyodo24 said:

Who are you telling me to stop watching?
I don't need your permission.
Sep 14, 2022 12:30 PM
Dec 2021
great episode! 6 molecules of insulin combine to form a big structure in pancreas.
Sep 14, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
It's interesting to see how big Mizuto's side of his family is when they all gathered together at his grandmother's house during the summer holidays. The highlight was his cousin, Madoka. She's upbeat, cute and sexy, helped by the red bikini she wore at the river which showed off how nice her bust and butt was. Yume's bikini suits her beautifully as before, although I was hoping that Mizuto would join in rather than read a book underneath the tree.

Having said that, it was interesting to learn about his late great-grandfather's own personal book about falling in love while overseas. Yume's teary reaction during her first read through it was similar to how Mizuto felt when he first read it years before.

Madoka was able to set up Mizuto to be with Yume so that Yume can say what's on her mind. At least she was wrong to think that Mizuto had a crush on Madoka, although the way he called her Ayai again was pretty smooth.

While it was a little disappointing that Yume couldn't voice out her thoughts, at least she's come to terms with how much she regrets splitting up with Mizuto back in the past.

Not sure how the final episode will end, though. Either it'll have an open ending, or go down the route that could have Yume confessing to Mizuto again. Who knows for sure, but I hope it ends on a decent enough note.
Sep 14, 2022 1:02 PM
May 2019
People are still surprised at the cousin crush thing in anime in 2022?? I'd say if anything the West is the odd region out when it comes to that.
Sep 14, 2022 1:17 PM
Jul 2022
This episode was amazing my personal favorite
Sep 14, 2022 1:25 PM
Sep 2021
davidyodo24 said:
Wat3rCrushertime said:

i mean your complaining the anime is boring so make ur life easier by dropping it
Sep 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad Yume is finally coming to terms with the breakup and to hear her monologue on the situation. Even though she may want to get back together with Mizuto she doesn't want to ruin the family that has been made now. On another note, I hope this family trip isn't just one episode. Looking forward to the finale.
Sep 14, 2022 1:37 PM
Dec 2021
They're both so cute! <3
Sep 14, 2022 1:38 PM
Nov 2019
dicke titten ohaaa
Sep 14, 2022 1:42 PM
Oct 2019
reggg said:
davidyodo24 said:

i mean your complaining the anime is boring so make ur life easier by dropping it

I can complain about Anime and still watching it.
Sep 14, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
Good point to summarize the story, It's a shame that it took Yume Ayai a whole 11 episodes and her mom's marriage to self reflect enough to see that there were communication issues in her and Mizuto Irido relationship.

I like the message of this episode, I am not so sure if I want the cliché ending of the two main protagonists to get back together and live happily ever after though.
Sep 14, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2020
That scene of her breaking down crying was really touching. I do think though she's being too hard on herself. Mizuto clearly has some deep issues and avoids intimate situations like the plague. It was made absolutely clear both in school and now with the extended family.

Both characters should go through a redemptive process before they could reunite as actual lovers again.
Sep 14, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2021
Yay. We will get a backstory about his great-grandpa. Backstory: a few pictures explaining basically nothing and Yume's reaction to the story. Got my expectations up a bit too high.

Sep 14, 2022 2:04 PM

Dec 2020
Once again, Project No. 9 has totally butchered the content in Volume 4 for this episode, which is unfortunate as this volume is the best one in the series IMO.
Sep 14, 2022 2:13 PM
Mar 2018
I passed by the same situation with my ex-girlfriend
Sep 14, 2022 2:18 PM

Feb 2016
feels like filler
Sep 14, 2022 2:18 PM
Jun 2008
I just love it when Mizuto calls her Ayai, I just fangirl over it xD
Sep 14, 2022 2:23 PM
Oct 2020
irido is the smoothest mf of all time
Sep 14, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2021
they getting closer and closer and it is almost refreshing to be getting hints of romance every episode. Learning bits and pieces about each other is very cute to see. Aiya is falling hard and the season finalle is just going to leave us on some stupid cliff hanger watch
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2022

102 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.