Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Can we get more of Finn in this show please? Legit entertaining character to watch for the way they interact with others this season.

As for the technology, it's still the usual stuff they show but colorful in context and gimmicks. It feels like Berry is getting overshadowed in recent episodes by other characters.
Aug 28, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
The anticipated collaboration was surprising, Miyu-Miyu using deep voice for his character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgHVdvN1ak
tsubasaloverAug 28, 2022 9:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2022 7:42 AM

Jun 2021
So Finn’s origin story was like that giant in the peacock story. He tried to expose the truth about why everyone was getting deco sickness and why the trash kept piling up, and what did he get for his troubles? Thrown out from his home and exiled from his community. Kind of pissed me off seeing him get done dirty like that. His gramps was right about “love”, it’s worthless. The Customer Center needs to he taken down, it’s a straight up menace.

I get why he was wary to open up to the gang but he should have trusted them. Have a little bit of faith in the Yurei Detective Club!

But I guess some things never change. His “brother” is still a nob and hopelessly chasing “love” like a damn junkie. People would literally live in a trash heap huffing toxic fumes that are killing them then get better, and it’s all for what amounts to fake internet points. How absolutely pathetic. Now the gang has to deal with this mob of angry dipshits. Ugh. This is actually pretty infuriating.

Maybe Phantom Zero can show up and wipe out all their love.
Aug 28, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Finn's backstory: a giant that's made into a peacock for an eye-to-eye moniker, and for someone who seems adept at Deco but has Deco-sickness in a family that is contempt with the value of real freedom rather than Love, with the obsessive fascination of Phantom Zero.

Day in and day out, while Finn is focusing on his experiments, the Customer Center picks up illegal behaviour that even with black and white, they would not acknowledge the purification system issue, and instead, turned the outcast community against them which lead to his exile. Even he too knows tha the Customer Center is the root cause of all the problems he has faced in his childhood years.

That's where the Yurei Detective Club steps in to track him down, and even then, Finn's still unwavering in his decision to solve the problems himself, and Hack gave him an earful to recognize the meaning of family for him to finally give in and open his heart to them. Finn's original objective from his childhood days, even as the purification system begins to wane on the outcast neighbourhood, it's threatening to the point of them being labelled as the Zero Phenomenon in the current societal expectation that Love is more valuable than ever.

Some things just don't change after all...Love is just worthless, and people can choose to be blind.
Aug 28, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2021
Great episode! That story about the giant with the 100 eyes was a pretty sad one...
Well, at least it got to sleep at long last becoming the feathers of a peacock!
We got to see some of Finn's past and his brother getting him a deco that doesn't give him deco sickness.
He also discovered a problem with pollution and why people may be getting deco sickness. So he tries to report it to the waste management facility but he is an unauthorised user so can't.
The customer center didn't take too nicely to him reporting the problem...
They also confiscated Finn's brother's love...
And because of that, he made Finn leave the house.
Finn was surprised to see everyone still care for him and his problems. It was nice to see him realise he isn't alone.
The residents, including Finn's 'brother' aren't too happy on the idea of all their love getting taken away...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 28, 2022 9:03 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 28, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 2015
It'd be nice if the detective group becomes Phantom Zero, but we still need an explanation on the original Phantom Zero.
Aug 28, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
things start moving
Ya na in the afterlife
Aug 28, 2022 2:01 PM
May 2020
The Yurei Detective Club is on the case now!
Aug 28, 2022 2:25 PM

Sep 2018
LOL, this anime is so cheesy and surface level, to say I'm not impressed would be an understatement. The amount of times I rolled my eyes in this episode, yikes...

Finn being stubborn because of "muh past", terrible scapegoat for not wanting/asking the others to simply help him out. Creating stupid melodrama for a single episode lol...

Science Saru at it again.
Aug 28, 2022 5:17 PM

May 2016
Finn's back story was so sad. Hometown folks reacted pretty predictably though when offered what was basically a "health for love" exchange. Also I can see them getting the waste management plant running again and the powers that be coming in and trashing it.
Aug 28, 2022 5:37 PM
May 2022
GakutoDeathGlare said:
LOL, this anime is so cheesy and surface level, to say I'm not impressed would be an understatement. The amount of times I rolled my eyes in this episode, yikes...

Finn being stubborn because of "muh past", terrible scapegoat for not wanting/asking the others to simply help him out. Creating stupid melodrama for a single episode lol...

Dude, then don't watch it, alright?(눈‸눈)
Aug 28, 2022 5:58 PM
May 2022
Silent_Shadow05 said:
So Finn’s origin story was like that giant in the peacock story. He tried to expose the truth about why everyone was getting deco sickness and why the trash kept piling up, and what did he get for his troubles? Thrown out from his home and exiled from his community. Kind of pissed me off seeing him get done dirty like that. His gramps was right about “love”, it’s worthless. The Customer Center needs to he taken down, it’s a straight up menace.

I get why he was wary to open up to the gang but he should have trusted them. Have a little bit of faith in the Yurei Detective Club!

But I guess some things never change. His “brother” is still a nob and hopelessly chasing “love” like a damn junkie. People would literally live in a trash heap huffing toxic fumes that are killing them then get better, and it’s all for what amounts to fake internet points. How absolutely pathetic. Now the gang has to deal with this mob of angry dipshits. Ugh. This is actually pretty infuriating.

Maybe Phantom Zero can show up and wipe out all their love.

Though it doesn't explain why Phantom Zero stole a partial amount of Hack's data in episode 7, unless someone partake on that role to eliminate the root cause of pollution. So Finn isn't Phantom Zero after all and maybe a few who knew attempt to fix it, unknowingly they would start the Zero Phenomenon.

This angry mob reminds me of the time when Kabe diss Azalea and their obsessive fans including greedy participants by spitting out about their shady business. Thank heavens, he survived at least.
Aug 28, 2022 6:04 PM
May 2022
The only solution here is either fight back through violence, if they are that moronically stupid. Gosh, I really want to slap, punch, and kick Finn's "brother" to the crotch until he begs mercy or slice him in half ala. Eli Roth's style.😡💢

Oh, Chie would love that...
Aug 28, 2022 6:38 PM
May 2017
GakutoDeathGlare said:

nah shut it dont listen to this mans reply this show is mid but this episode makes this series at least interesting and watchable cuz things are moving now but these kind of people will never be satisfied weather the story is moving or not cuz people just be wanting to say things but go off nerd

Aug 28, 2022 6:58 PM
May 2022
dxtremecaliber said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

nah shut it dont listen to this mans reply this show is mid but this episode makes this series at least interesting and watchable cuz things are moving now but these kind of people will never be satisfied weather the story is moving or not cuz people just be wanting to say things but go off nerd

They're bunch of idiots, aren't they? Such ungratefulness...😒
Aug 28, 2022 10:59 PM
May 2014
Just amazing how things connects
Aug 29, 2022 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
easily best episode of the series! the politics of this is exactly what i've been missing from anime like gatchaman crowds, and its finally gonna get really intense. good shit!
Aug 29, 2022 12:13 PM
Oct 2020
So fin is like the giant in the story.
Aug 29, 2022 2:05 PM
Jun 2022
I can’t think of a more real morale dilemma than we can’t stop this pollution that’s affecting our health we need those social media likes XP
Aug 30, 2022 7:51 AM

Jan 2020
This poor giant. But also, go figure that is the story that Finn read growing up.

I mean, first of all, cilantro is gross. Second of all, who just eats cilantro? It's a herb not a salad. No wonder Finn became evil; if my grandfather passed down cilantro to me I'd be betraying the shit out of people too. There's no coming back from that.

Finn the Fool might be the funniest thing Hack has ever uttered.

At the end of the day nothing can defeat talk no jutsu.

I still have no idea what the obsession with love is. I mean, people love attention and stroking their own egos, so that. But like, it's almost insane that this series takes it to the point where people prioritize a thing that isn't even tangible over acceptable living conditions. Though, at the same time, how many people have trash rooms and still only sit in front of their computer and webcam? The show hits pretty close to home in my opinion.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 30, 2022 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
So, what is the Detective Team going to do - just say "F You", walk away and let everyone rot in their slum, or turn Global Anarchist and try to bring everything down just for the sake of pissing everybody off?
Aug 30, 2022 8:05 PM
Jul 2016
This anime is a real diamond in the rough this season. The design, themes, and character development is so well done. Seriously underrated.
Aug 31, 2022 12:59 AM
Apr 2016
I liked the parallel that they were Phantom Zero now.
Aug 31, 2022 3:00 AM

Jun 2014
Solid story setup
Aug 31, 2022 5:45 PM
Apr 2018
I feel like this anime is underestimate, he deserve a better score overall
Sep 2, 2022 4:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so now it makes sense, poor Finn he had a tough childhood he only wanted to heal and fix that poor city but everyone is just obsessed with Love, even nowadays :S
Sep 2, 2022 11:20 PM
Aug 2020
Gotta be the best episode so far, for the most part didn't care for episodes 3-6, 7 was nice, 8 was really good and 9 feels better than the first 2 even

maybe I'll appreciate 3-6 more on series finish like on a rewatch but on their own they felt mostly boring with some cool worldbuild barely sprinkled in, episodes 8-9 are really what the show needed
Sep 25, 2022 1:24 AM

Feb 2021
They really didn't understand the problem and situation that already happened and what will happen in the future if they continue to live like that.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» This screams hidden gem of the season ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 6, 2022

68 by Marinate1016 »»
Sep 27, 2023 12:17 PM

» Pilot film question

Myani2016 - Dec 25, 2022

0 by Myani2016 »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:42 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

38 by bastek66 »»
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM

» Song Information Regarding to Teaser video

Ancerise - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Ancerise »»
Dec 10, 2022 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2022

26 by Swiggy »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.