Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2022 7:19 PM
Apr 2022
so patrick likes emilico and ricky likes lou? that does complicate things
Aug 19, 2022 7:26 PM

Sep 2019
Patrick loves Emilico, POGGERS. The more humane side of the shadows and living dolls are also highlighted. Overall, a good episode.
Aug 19, 2022 7:42 PM

Dec 2015
Going around compelling people with the power of cuteness can be tiring. Poor Lou. I know she's trying her best but her quiet demeanor let's Louise walk over her quite a bit. Then again it's not as if she minds. At least they seemed to get some info out of it and Lou got to be a little honest with Louise.

Glad they explained what happened to John. Marrying someone to be one of the adults, huh? Wonder if Edward is- nah no way someone would do that to themselves XD... right? On another note, I totally forgot that Emilico gave him a flower to calm him down last season. And that's why he likes flowers. That's so precious but I surprising  (・o・) .
Aug 19, 2022 7:46 PM

Jun 2017
Silent_Shadow05 said:
I wonder if this is the only case of a Shadow falling in love with another Shadow's living doll.

So far yes and the craziest thing, Patrick still isn't busted in the manga but he is just falling for Emilico more and more. His development is really among the best out of the entire cast hands down.
Aug 19, 2022 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, Patrick is complex af. Poor kid, now I feel bad for him.

Also, that Margaret shadow acts like a potential yandere. Patrick better stay away from that greenhouse.

Great episode. Absolutely loved how it focused mainly on Louise, Patrick and their interactions with their Living Dolls. Not to mention it was about time for them to receive more characterization.
Aug 19, 2022 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Hopefully Louise stops being so shallow about how she views her living doll and starts treating Lou better. And lol at John, thought he was gonna receive praise from the Star Bearers but instead got scolded.

A lot of focus on Patrick in this episode, with the big reveal that he loves Emilico. Poor guy though since that type of Shadow/Doll relationship will never work out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 19, 2022 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
A much needed focus on Patrick and Louise meanwhile opening the question on how much  autonomy the shadows possess.
Aug 19, 2022 11:04 PM
Apr 2021
Patrick got me at the end I was like “awwwww he likes Emilico🥰🥰🥰🥰” I completely forgot that during the debut she helped Patrick out, and the doll twins are really getting the short end of the stick I feel so bad for them🙁
Aug 20, 2022 12:29 AM

Jul 2017
John's invitation to Lord Grandfather's wing thanks to the Star Bearers, and Lou's admonishent of her girly charms so that her Shadow Louise will also be invited as well. It's not as easy being spotted due to special attention being given.

Entering the Star Bearers' residental wing to see both Benjamin and Ben working out, both Lou and Louise would do anything to be a Star Bearer, but out of everything, Benjamin offers an advise that would hopefully keep more people out of the business, which is true for a reason.

Patrick in a nervous wreck, and Ricky is exceptional. The next meeting of peers confers, and John's verdict is given: to clean the Star Bearer's conference room in spite of him not having applied for marriage. That got Patrick interested, but the system itself is just as ruthless for Shadows on their way to becoming adults, and then there's the whole issue of living dolls being of romantic interest. Margaret though, she looks nice on the outside, but inside could be hiding something that's not.

Though if there's one that captures Patrick's heart, it's Emilico, but we all know the whole deal with a Living Doll-Shadow relationship, it's taboo.
Aug 20, 2022 1:26 AM

Oct 2017
Louise's information gathering skill is just something else. Patrick crushing hard on Emilico, a shadow falling for a living doll huh. That's just asking for trouble.
Aug 20, 2022 3:27 AM

Sep 2016
patrick is in love with emilico?! that was so unexpected! although it's kinda sad that he won't be able to reveal his feelings :(
Aug 20, 2022 7:02 AM

Jun 2016
good choices patrick !!!

emilico is a diamond among that bunch of bags !!
Aug 20, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Finally manga bros... the next few episodes are about to be gold. Can't wait.

So far cloverworks has done a marvelous job keeping the adaptation faithful to its source, hopefully they will keep it up (5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 20, 2022 7:51 AM
Jun 2021
Infatuate said:

(5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I can't wait for the next few episodes lol. Some of the high points in the manga
Aug 20, 2022 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
corner_twist said:
Infatuate said:

(5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I can't wait for the next few episodes lol. Some of the high points in the manga

Yup, it's hype moment after hype moment back to back + epic reveals.

Aug 20, 2022 8:18 PM
Jun 2021
I am impressed with how they have handled this chapter, especially with the role of the shadows and their faces.
Aug 20, 2022 9:44 PM

Dec 2021
ayoooo I wasnt expecting Patrick falling in love with Emilico... romance is getting harder everytime.
Aug 21, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
Ricky likes Louise, Patrick likes by Marguerite, and Patrick himself is in love with Emiliko. This anime is starting to turn into a romantic drama.
Aug 21, 2022 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
Louise have some ambitions lemme tell ya. The way she rolls around with her schemes usinG Lou's face to captivate others is cool and all, but in Benjamin and for most of us, it is an unhealthy way to live. Definitely cool first part there.

On the other hand, it seems that Ricky calls most of the chops for Patrick. I swear I heard that voice before from Margaret (the flower girl), definitely need to add more VA credits for these characters. Also I am dumbfounded that Patrick is eyeing Emilico all this time, that is such a hard weight to trap in your heart my boy.

Lastly the end there...those Belles sure are ringing for help to deaf ears. And John why do you have to be such a fool with that marriage there, definitely deserved to be scolded by the Star Bearers.

Definitely worth seeing a different kind of episode with Louise and Patrick taking center stage here.
Aug 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting episode with almost no Kate and Emilico at all. Nice to see what Patrick and Louise are up to and get a bit more insight into some of the other Shadows in the children's wing beyond the Star Bearers and Research Team.

Learning about what marriage means in Shadows House was also interesting and most unexpected, though besides setting up that reveal that Patrick loves Emilico I'm not sure how significant it really is at this juncture.
Aug 22, 2022 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
Things seem to heading toward a bad end
Aug 22, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2019
i love it fjlkdsjgñlsgjdñls gjk sjñlgajñ jgñ
Aug 22, 2022 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
did the twins faces do anything bad or was it the twins themselves? i dont remember them doing anything bad so they're basically being tortured for no reason, pretty fucked up. love this show
Aug 22, 2022 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
Eunos said:
did the twins faces do anything bad or was it the twins themselves? i dont remember them doing anything bad so they're basically being tortured for no reason, pretty fucked up. love this show

the faces broke the highly valued coffee bottles in ep.3

Aug 23, 2022 1:16 AM

Mar 2018
Infatuate said:
Eunos said:

the faces broke the highly valued coffee bottles in ep.3

oh yeah now i remember
Aug 23, 2022 5:44 PM

Jun 2019
Patrick being into and internally lit aflame by Emilico was foreshadowed since the scene in the garden maze during the manor's debut in that episode of season one they showed the flashback from, but that could have just been interpreted platonically as being softened by being shown kindness and mercy from an unexpected source and this spurring on his greater self-realization/self-actualization with consideration of the existence of others' feelings; including the living dolls like Emilico and Ricky. That moment was the genesis of his burgeoning awareness on that issue, as he intimated.

It was definitely hinted at it to be more of a romantic-esque interest though in that scene from their meeting of peers in the previous episode when John asks him on the spot if he is also in love with Kate (like John) and he is flustered and unable to respond properly. Since he was already seeming to start to distinguish between Emilico and Kate and show subtle changes in his attitude since that debut scene, and when he made Ricky gift Lou's garden shears to Emilico to free Kate. He portrayed it as a matter of repaying a debt and standing on his honor, but it was all intertwined.

Anyway, it's been implied in numerous prior scenes that Shaun is also into Emilico, or at least, extremely protective of her by now and it wouldn't lie beyond the realm of possibility and consideration at this point. Even so, and despite the fact that Shaun is one of the more respectable characters, I still root for Patrick, since Shaun and Emilico are both living dolls - i.e. kidnapped brainwashed humans. And I always, or at least usually, favor the interspecies pairing. A shadow and a human is...explosive.

WatchTillTandavaAug 23, 2022 7:18 PM
Aug 24, 2022 7:30 AM
Feb 2018
I would like cloverworks to do a better job with this adaptation but this episode was actually pretty nice compared to the last ones
Aug 26, 2022 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
I like how the plot is progressing, i think the mistery is great and Emilico should start being more of a detective although i don't dislike other characters having more screen time, the end of the episode tho was great.
Aug 26, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2021
The end of the episode was sad tbh and I'm so sorry for Patrick. That episode was really good and I can't wait for another.
Aug 26, 2022 9:50 AM
Aug 2018
ansious for the solving the mistery
Aug 26, 2022 5:13 PM

May 2010
Patrick in love for Emilico? Why? Good episode.
Aug 27, 2022 12:11 PM
Oct 2020
Los sentimientos de Patrick, ver que los muñecos tienen sentimientos y sobre todo que se enamoró de Emilico. Esto hace que sea el episodio muy emotivo
Aug 28, 2022 11:17 PM
Apr 2018
anime waifus are found in this anime
Sep 8, 2022 7:16 AM

Sep 2017
poor john reprimanded for not making a marriage application

and patrick lol falling in love with emilico.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 12, 2022 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
Oh, I do love cute romance side stories. Patrick likes Emilico but he can't admit that he has feelings for a living doll. I also like that Benjamin helped to show Loise that Lou is more than just a face, the development of her in this episode is what I liked most. Also, John only being called in by the Starbearers for his constant marriage had me both sighing with relief but also underwhelmed, but this could be a way to keep a closer eye on him giving that his punishment and that was the only real excuse they could use to punish him.

In the scene after the ending tho...I feel bad for the twins, that kind of torture can't be anything but excruciating and there's no way this isn't going to leave long-lasting effects.
Sometimes simplicity is greater than complexity
Sep 12, 2022 10:22 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Patrick's feelings for Emilico are so cute

Sep 12, 2022 10:23 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Ashkun said:

because of their interaction in the debut exam, in season 1. like they show in the flashback. She offered to help him and was kind to him despite his attitude, then gave him a flower, etc

MadanielFL said:

It's honestly really surprising that Patrick fell in love with Emilico specifically and not Kate.

why would it be Kate though?
nostalgiaasSep 12, 2022 10:28 AM

Sep 12, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2021
nostalgiaas said:
Ashkun said:

because of their interaction in the debut exam, in season 1. like they show in the flashback. She offered to help him and was kind to him despite his attitude, then gave him a flower, etc

MadanielFL said:

It's honestly really surprising that Patrick fell in love with Emilico specifically and not Kate.

Cause shadows are supposed to like other shadows.
Sep 12, 2022 11:33 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
MadanielFL said:
nostalgiaas said:

Cause shadows are supposed to like other shadows.

I mean, not necessarily, that's usually the case but they didn't say it wasn't possible for it to be the other way. This way it makes things more interesting, plus there were no indications of Patrick liking Kate but they did hint at his feelings for Emilico in season 1

Sep 23, 2022 4:47 AM

May 2020
I guess Louise is the only one we failed to see a change in till now, can just hope though she begins to see Lou in the same light as Kate and others see their dolls in.

Patrick being in love with Emilico did come as a big surprise, though I feel this thing will never see its conclusion.
Sep 28, 2022 2:45 PM
Jun 2020
i love this season so much
Oct 5, 2022 10:11 AM

Sep 2020
They are collecting more information about the mansion, not a lot happened in this episode though. Interesting that Patrick likes Emiriko, not what other shadow members think, and appears that the person behind the incident will be revealed in the next episode.
Oct 16, 2022 4:34 PM

Oct 2015
Man. This is the first episode this season that genuinely moved me.

That last scene with Patrick revealing his feelings for Emilico was just... beautiful. The music there, his inner dialogue, and the way it all unfolds - it was just so touching. Before this scene, I was already getting uneasy cause I didn't want romance in this anime. I most especially hate romance for the sake of it, like 2 characters just end up together just because, and I wasn't comfortable seeing some possible hints.

But... but THIS?? A shadow falling in love with a living doll? And knowing that it would all be in vain, he decided to hide those feelings forever?? MAN. If you're not moved by that, if it was neither heartwarming nor heartbreaking to you, then your heart must be of ice.

edit: Oh boiii I just realized that I haven't been caring enough about the "mystery" of this anime. Lol. At least there was one scene here that served as a saving grace for me.
   HuaLian <3
Nov 10, 2022 12:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Love and Strategies, rare episode!!! kekeke
Dec 1, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2021
The moment is not right... Let's see what will happen to Bella.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Feb 2018
Louise finally thinking of Lou more than just a 'living doll' an allowing her to rest was wholesome. As for Patrick damn.. falling for Emilico huh? Interesting how this will play out
May 7, 2023 1:37 AM

Oct 2022
I feel really bad for Patrick, but I ship Emilico with Shaun still. I hope Patrick will get over Emilico and fall for someone like Margaret, Yeah, that'd be a cute and sweet ship.

May 19, 2023 8:24 PM

Dec 2020
Awh how cute. I didn't realize the interaction with Emilico meant so much to Patrick. Threw me off cause I thought he was looking at Kate.
Jul 10, 2023 11:45 AM

Dec 2022
Not a lot of progress made toward solving who the hooded figure is, but some characters got their time in the spotlight.

Didn't know Patrick liked Emilico. Guess their single interaction meant more to him than I thought. Then again, if anyone could be endearing enough to invoke those feelings in such short time, then it would be Emilico.

The twins really are just getting tortured by the plot. Can't help but feel sympathy for them at this point, even if they were harsh early on.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 1, 1:55 PM

May 2021
A shadow in love with a human
Wonder how that’ll even work or if it has happened before in the mansion
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2022

119 by KhoaVN »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.