Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2008 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved this ep! Totally unexpected stuff.

Dec 5, 2008 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
hehe a sister princess reference... how cute. the chicken is too funny
Nov 3, 2009 3:43 PM

May 2009
Just needed to say, Sasshi is really starting to get annoying right by this episode.
It's making me feel sorry for Arumi.
Nov 13, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2009
LMAO!!
Oh no the desk I left by the window!
This is not a signature
I promise
Nov 29, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
Chibi-Arumi's reactions towards Sashi's perfect love paradise of a world were hillarious... a very nice episode.
Jan 23, 2010 7:52 AM

Aug 2008
Ah yeah, really nice episode. Finally some payback for Arumi ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 28, 2010 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
Funniest episode so far imo.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Feb 12, 2011 5:00 AM

Oct 2009
Arumi deserved that for bossing him around every time imo XD
Aug 24, 2011 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
Ah crap they aren't home yet, Sasshi's fault again. Scenes looks like straight from an galge with the usual moe, harem, and love triangle elements. I was totally expecting the bumping-with-a-school-girl-with-bread-on her-mouth cliche and I wasn't disappointed. XD With all the difficulties she had to put up with, I kinda sympathize with Arumi in this episode for a bit.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 29, 2012 1:11 AM

Jul 2008
tofei said:
Ah crap they aren't home yet, Sasshi's fault again. Scenes looks like straight from an galge with the usual moe, harem, and love triangle elements. I was totally expecting the bumping-with-a-school-girl-with-bread-on her-mouth cliche and I wasn't disappointed. XD With all the difficulties she had to put up with, I kinda sympathize with Arumi in this episode for a bit.

After all the crap Arumi put Sasshi through and made him do? Sorry I needed an episode of Arumi getting a dose of her own medicine.

Its pretty clear Sasshi likes Arumi, but Arumi doesn't care because she's moving away and moving on. She needs to be slapped once.
Mar 30, 2012 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
Arumi deserve this episode~

jama miro~
Aug 31, 2012 1:16 PM

Oct 2010
this episode was so funny, i think this might be going on my top anime ever
Apr 13, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Lol the rooster.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 5, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2012
Quite loved this episode, some really nice aspects put in it!
Mar 6, 2014 8:07 PM
May 2013
I couldn't stop laughing in the first half, to see Arumi being so irritated at Sasshi was hilarious.
Aug 11, 2015 7:58 AM
Dec 2011
arumi deserved it ,, she is so cold about moving away thing always saying "being human having your health is the most important thing" come on!!! this is not a thing to say when your leaving your home i know arumi is sad i just wish she showed it a little .... sashi having good time is fantastic to see :3 i love this episode :3
Apr 15, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
Lmao @ Arumi trying to destroy Sasshi. XD

The giant flip flop in the rubble lol

An interesting ending...
Apr 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Jan 2009
Sasshi is starting to get annoying, i think he is really in love with Arumi and cannot let her go thats why he fantasize or do this escapism of going on various worlds and now going out with more hotter girls in another world again just to try to forget Arumi but deep inside of him its failing big time

i guess they really share the same fate with Abe/Eutus and Mune that their romance fail big time so i wonder if Sasshi and Arumis romance will fail too in the end
May 1, 2020 3:31 PM
Dec 2017
Taiyaki? Wings? Uguu? Omg. That's one Kanon reference right there.
Nov 17, 2020 2:28 PM

Aug 2017
Some of these episode's in-betweens were just fire xD

Arumi switches places with Sasshi, now acting as a small (and probably invisible to everybody besides Sasshi and that rooster due to being a "demon") character. Though she became visible after growing up...

I guess Sasshi knows the tropes of every "genre" he ends up being in. Makes sense.

Sayaka with a toast was probably a reference to Rei, though only because of her hair color, since the trope is very popular.

Arumi launching a laser attack from space satellites while laughing like an evil character is probably an SF reference (space lasers were popular)

I don't remember Eutus ever mentioning his name to Sasshi but whatever. Probably bad memory. Anyway, he mentioned something about linked fates again...and professor Otsuki? Who?

-----------------------------------------------------

Rei_III said:

Really? Because you can even find an identical sequence in the Shingeki no Kyôjin SD anime (1st episode) and it seemed to take heavily from the EVA take too.

You prompted me to look into the origins of the "girl running with a piece of toast [with jam] while late for school and stumbling into a boy" trope and apparently there's no definitive origin. There were pieces of this here and there but whoever combined everything together is yet to be found. Though it's definitely older than EVA's take, hence why I made a connection to Rei only due to Sayaka's hair and it being the same studio.
Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3nhm6t/the_secret_origins_of_girls_running_with_a_slice/
St0rmbladeNov 18, 2020 4:03 AM
Nov 18, 2020 3:34 AM

Dec 2015
St0rmblade said:

Sayaka with a toast was probably a reference to Rei, though only because of her hair color, since the trope is very popular.

Really? Because you can even find an identical sequence in the Shingeki no Kyôjin SD anime (1st episode) and it seemed to take heavily from the EVA take too.

@St0rmblade I know that it's a relatively "common" thing, I saw it for the first time in 80s shows and I think I remember it in Blue Seed (a 95 series), but I'm pretty sure the context in my above example was even taken from the EVA sequence. Did EVA took the whole thing too then?
Rei_IIINov 18, 2020 6:38 AM
Oct 29, 2021 6:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kind of VN/eroge parody I suppose this time, lol giant and tiny Arumi xD
Apr 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2010
Freddy Kruger and Jason Voohees. lmao

That was the best world so far. I'd do everything possible to end up there, even sell my soul to a devil, just so I can spend the rest of my days surrounded by so many cute girls. hehe
Jan 29, 9:10 AM

Jun 2021

The best episode.

if i could have lived Sasshi's adventures in this dating sim-esque world when i was of high-school age i would have been soooo happy, at least back then. Even if he's actually younger than that himself and i disagree with him thinking glasses make people prettier (quite the opposite, actually). In fact, i thought Shiotan looks better without (but hair antennas are fine) and Amiryun was at the same level even if that verbal tic was annoying.

Poor Arumi, however. The following face, damn, i've rarely seen a funniest angry (justified...) reaction in existence.

And all those killing plans backfiring one by one, even if the pot, desk and chalkboard falling from a window were the absolute funniest.

More topics from this board

» I'm a dum dum

TikkiWii - Jan 28

8 by phototaku »»
Feb 26, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

88 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 12 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 16, 2008

39 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 11 Discussion

Arashi89 - Aug 11, 2009

17 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 10 Discussion

kisami - Dec 5, 2008

15 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.