Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 28, 5:14 PM
Dec 2020
I watched this show early this month, and lemme tell ya, i didnt understand shit
Nope, nothing
・・・(;´Д`)
Am i dumb? Does this show make sense? The ending was really confusing to me
Maybe im just slow idk

Can anyone explain to me wtf just happend there?

Side note: yeah yeah bad english, i know e.e
Jan 28, 8:52 PM
Oct 2020
What I understood about this is, the MC is descendant of an onmyoji, people with supernatural powers, and all that multiverse exploring thing was just him trying to escape the fact that his friend would be moving away cause her grandpa died, and that's all it was about till the end, just him having to accept reality, it's kinda metaphorical if you think about it
Jan 28, 9:00 PM
Dec 2020
CrunchyCrobat said:
What I understood about this is, the MC is descendant of an onmyoji, people with supernatural powers, and all that multiverse exploring thing was just him trying to escape the fact that his friend would be moving away cause her grandpa died, and that's all it was about till the end, just him having to accept reality, it's kinda metaphorical if you think about it

yeah that part i kinda understood, what really makes me so confused is mune-mune...
Jan 28, 9:04 PM
Oct 2020
TikkiWii said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

yeah that part i kinda understood, what really makes me so confused is mune-mune...

Wasn't she just the MC's grandma? With a love polygon kinda going on? I forget stuff easily so might've missed something
Jan 28, 9:07 PM
Dec 2020
CrunchyCrobat said:
TikkiWii said:

Wasn't she just the MC's grandma? With a love polygon kinda going on? I forget stuff easily so might've missed something

well yeah, but, in the end she was there too, alive and young just like in the other dimensions, but somehow different, idk, im kinda forgetfull too lol
i just remember think that it was really strange
like, she wasnt supposed to be there or something

idk i may be remembering shit wrong tho( ̄~ ̄;)
Jan 28, 9:13 PM
Oct 2020
TikkiWii said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

well yeah, but, in the end she was there too, alive and young just like in the other dimensions, but somehow different, idk, im kinda forgetfull too lol
i just remember think that it was really strange
like, she wasnt supposed to be there or something

idk i may be remembering shit wrong tho( ̄~ ̄;)

Now I remember that one, who knows maybe it was kind of a hint that this still wasn't the original world or she was just someone who looked like her, but considering the metaphorical stuff of this anime, I would guess the former
Jan 29, 3:56 AM
Jul 2023
No, you aren't dumb. The ending of this made zero sense and felt so out of place.
Jan 29, 5:46 AM
Mar 2012
well, it's from Gainax, so, mind-fuck's guaranteed!!
nonetheless, balderdash, or not, one could die from laughing =)
Feb 26, 5:49 PM
Mar 2013
Ok. None of the answers to this are correct. Everything you see from the point that the pelican breaks is happening in the imagination of the kids. The boy keeps taking the lead in creating the scenarios and is adamant about keeping the girl occupied (cause he saw what happened.) The end is them coming back from the land of make believe and the girl finding out that it wasn't a pelican that fell after all.

The bonus of this show is that the boy is taking inspiration for their play scenarios from anime and pop culture, so if you watch a LOT of anime and a LOT of Asian pop culture from the 70s on, then you will get an extra bonus laugh at all the references.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

88 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 12 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 16, 2008

39 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 8 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 11, 2008

23 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 11 Discussion

Arashi89 - Aug 11, 2009

17 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 10 Discussion

kisami - Dec 5, 2008

15 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.